View Full Version : Drinks around the World Game??
06-13-2009, 08:25 AM
I need your help. In a few weeks, we'll be in Disney for our Honeymoon. We're both super excited (this will be my 5th trip and his 2nd) and one of the things we can't wait to do is sample drinks from around the world at Epcot (and the rest of Disney). I had a brillent idea, to make a game out of it since he and I both love games. So I was trying to think how we could make it into a drinking game.
So far here's what we've come up with...we'll have a list of catagories some of which will be mandatory others which will be optional. Drinks we buy and fully drink can count towards up to two maybe three catagories. Each catagory will be worth one point...person at the end with the most points wins...we haven't decided what I'll win (hehehe). Oh and once you complete a catagory you can recount it for another point.
What we need help with is coming up with ideas for the catagories. We have some so far, but we both agreed that we need to come up with a lot more in order to make it so we couldn't possibly complete all (we want lots of options for catagories we can select from.)
Here's my list so far...please if you have suggestion feel free to chime in- we'd love some help in creating this game.
Beer we've never had before
Colorless drink (not H2O)
Something with an Umbrella
Something with Coke in it
Something with Fruit in it
Something with 3 alcohols in it
A drink with a name longer then 11 letters
A drink with a glow light
A drink with two or more colors
Something in a souvenir glass
A drink with a sword in it
Deb & Bill
06-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Hope you don't think I'm a wet blanket, but why not enjoy your honeymoon by remembering the fun you had, not the amount of alcohol you consumed.
06-13-2009, 08:54 AM
I think it's a great idea! :cool1: I would love it if you posted a review afterwards, complete with pictures.
06-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Drinking around the World is fun! You'll have a blast! Game looks great.
I am positive you will have tons of fun memories from your visit on top of the drinking game to fill your memory book. ;)
06-13-2009, 12:23 PM
drinking around the world is a hoot but I speak from experience when I say that after the third or fourth drink you won't remember the rules. ;):lmao:
Congratulations and enjoy your trip! :goodvibes
Kickapoo Joie Juice
06-13-2009, 02:33 PM
I have a better game for you, having seen lots of drunks at EPCOT:
1. Stand in Canada Pavilion totem pole picture taking spot. Puke on kids who's heads stick out below yours.
2. Go to England. Pound beer. Puke on french fry eating ducks.
3. Puke on bridge over the international gateway. Try running as you puke for complete coverage forcing other guests to play "hop the vomit".
4. Extra points for any other guests that step in vomit. Double points if they slip and fall.
5. Order alcoholic drink at France. Physically assault the mime. He deserves it.
6. Drink hot sake in Japan. Then attempt to jump through the large drum during the performance. Extra points if Japanese castmember performs any kind of martial arts on you to subdue you.
7. German pavillion. The holy grail for alcoholics. 2 points if you manage to distract your neighbor at the Biergarten and drink HIS beer flight as well as your own. Challenge partner to walk through glass store with eyes closed.
8. Italian pavilion. Power chow italian chocolate. First one to throw up in the fountain wins.
9. Grab face painting gear from face painters on the corner. Attempt to simultaneously face paint each other.
10. Attempt to crash the acrobatic show in China. Double points if you fall into the pond.
11. Goose a princess in Norway. Challenge other player to drink stinky norweigan perfume.
12. Mexico. Ah, if Germany is the Holy Grail for alcoholics, then Mexico is your Valhalla (norway notwithstanding). Drink four frozen margaritas, then run for the large fountain in future world. First one to make it into the fountain without puking will be declared the winner.
Loser posts bond.
06-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Ok well coming from someone who actually enjoys Drinking Around the World and does it on every trip (or tries to...we gave up a few times!)... enjoy and have fun! I think the game is a great idea! My friends in FL have a HUGE Drink Around the World party with about 100 or so people every year. They have teeshirts made and 'Passports' that they have to get signed by the CM who sells them their drinks. There's no Winner though, just have fun and prove you did it. I think everyone that finishes completely gets a prize or something.
I'll keep trying to think of categories for you...If you're going to do it only at Epcot though, it's going to be tough to actually hit some of those categories. All the drinks there (or most) are from that country so I'm not sure about the mixed drinks with Coke, etc.
Also make sure to EAT around the world too! We try to eat a snack and have a drink at every country. Nothing worse than drinking all that on an empty stomach. And PACE yourself! Yes...people have complained about drunks at Epcot but we found that if we start around noon and take our time throughout the night, we never run into problems. We're all old enough and responsible enough to know when to stop and call it quits before anyone gets into trouble.
Also beware for miserable non-drinking guests. :) There was that one time I was hopscotching in England with a Guinness in my hand (which I DID NOT SPILL!), completely sober by the way (we decided to start the game midway around the showcase), and a ratchety miserable mother started yelling that drinking should NOT be allowed at Disney. Then she kept muttering under her breath as my friends and I played hopscotch a little more with some pretty rude comments. I was THISSS close to 'accidentally' dropping my Guinness all over her lovely white shorts but I decided against it. Sometimes I think I'm too nice :)
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.