PDA

View Full Version : Dinner at Ohanna's?

connie1042
06-12-2009, 09:02 AM
We will be there in Sept for free dinning.On our MK day, our plan is to go to CP for breakfast at 8:05, then do the rides we want in the morning, then head to the resort for a pool break. Just hubby and myself. It is EMH evening, so our thought is to go to Ohanna's for dinner at 5, then back to MK. My question is should I make ressies for 5 or 6. We have been many times, so only do our favorite rides. I figure we should be done eating 7:30 if we eat at 6, then will have until about 4 hours after dinner to do some favorites and watch the parade and fireworks. My husband really does not like to do anything commando, so I am thinking an extra hour at the resort pool would make him happy. We are staying at CBR, so I am giving myself 45 min. to get to and from the resort. The good thing about 5, is we would be part of the first seating.We will have a car, so could drive, and that would save some time. What time would you make the reservation for?

Jenna319
06-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Good luck with getting the reservation..... I just called to make ADRs for my Sept trip 5th-13th and tried 5 different days to get a ressie at Ohana for dinner and they were booked every day!! :( :(

ROEDISNEY
06-12-2009, 09:05 AM
How about 5:30 ? If not then 6.

DisneyWisher
06-12-2009, 09:10 AM
I would make the ADRs for a different day so that you could watch Wishes from Ohana. We've done this many times and I love it, they pipe in the music. I remember taking my niece and her family a few years back and she just loved watching the castle changing colors (pink, blue, purple etc). As to the previous poster I called yesterday and was able to book Ohana for 9/11 (MNSSHP night) for 6:55pm. Considering MK closes at 7pm that night I was very surprised.

Jenna319
06-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Lucky! Ya I couldn't believe it.... I tried for 5 different days and they were booked solid everyday! I will call back! I also couldn't get Le Cellier but I was expecting that.... I was able to get:
9/5 WCC dinner
9/7 Yak & Yeti lunch
Biergarten dinner
9/8 Jiko dinner
9/10 Chefs De France lunch
50s Prime Time dinner
9/11 Crystal Palace breakfast
Kona Cafe dinner
9/12 Chef Mickey dinner!

I was really surprised I was able to get a decent time for dinner at Chef Mickey's on our last night there, a Saturday!

jcemom
06-12-2009, 10:18 AM
'Ohana seems to be as hard to get as Le Cellier lately, so you might have to be really flexible not only with time but with the date as well. It doesn't hurt to have your 'ideal' date and time in mind, but have alternates ready. The really late dinners are easier to get than the earlier ones, and 6:00 is prime dinner time.

Would you consider going back to MK and THEN to 'Ohana? If you're willing to eat dinner after 9:00 pm you've a much better chance at getting an ADR. Of course, you'll want to ask for the earlier times first, they might be available.

connie1042
06-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I have someone from guest service making my ADR's. (long story), and she said she would have no problem getting what I want,when I want.I don't know if she has an edge over other people or not. So my fingers are crossed. We have watched wishes from Narcoosse's before, but I like it in the park better. Thanks all for the suggestions. I think we will go for 6.

jcemom
06-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Ah, well in that case I think I'd go for 6:00 also.

Watching Wishes from the Poly beach is better than from the GF. It's centered to the castle... however, it's still second to actually seeing them from inside the park, IMO. We usually do watch from the Poly, but we also watch from inside the park too, so it's our second viewing of the trip.

Montog
06-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Good luck with getting the reservation..... I just called to make ADRs for my Sept trip 5th-13th and tried 5 different days to get a ressie at Ohana for dinner and they were booked every day!! :( :(

I made ADRs on Tuesday and they had plenty of times. I booked Monday 9/7 at 6:45. They must have filled up after that. Keep trying back!

jcemom
06-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I made ADRs on Tuesday and they had plenty of times. I booked Monday 9/7 at 6:45. They must have filled up after that. Keep trying back!It depends on party size, I think. I tried to make an ADR on Tuesday at maybe 8:15 am, and I had four nights we could do it between 9/8 and 9/12. There was nothing available, nothing. (At 7:30 am the CM had one in the cart for me -- my choices were 9/9 at 8:50 pm and 9/12 at 9:50 pm -- when the systems went down and we lost it.) I called back later, around maybe 2:00 pm, and was able to get an ADR for 3 on my first choice of dates and times (9/9 at 7:05 pm).

Montog
06-12-2009, 11:52 AM
It depends on party size, I think. I tried to make an ADR on Tuesday at maybe 8:15 am, and I had four nights we could do it between 9/8 and 9/12. There was nothing available, nothing. (At 7:30 am the CM had one in the cart for me -- my choices were 9/9 at 8:50 pm and 9/12 at 9:50 pm -- when the systems went down and we lost it.) I called back later, around maybe 2:00 pm, and was able to get an ADR for 3 on my first choice of dates and times (9/9 at 7:05 pm).

I had to deal with the same system "enhancements" they called them Tuesday morning too. Lost my first three ADRs then it took about 2 hours before I could finally get in and get them all done again. By then I lost the times I was happier with, but still happy with everything I ended up with.

lanasboys
06-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I talked to a CM yesterday. I can make ADRs tomorrow. I asked about priority order and a couple other questions. She said a lot depends on party size and that Ohana and Chef Mickey's had lots of tables for parties of 6 or 8 but that the parties or 4 or less are the ones who seem to be having alot of trouble getting ressies.

DisneyWisher
06-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I talked to a CM yesterday. I can make ADRs tomorrow. I asked about priority order and a couple other questions. She said a lot depends on party size and that Ohana and Chef Mickey's had lots of tables for parties of 6 or 8 but that the parties or 4 or less are the ones who seem to be having alot of trouble getting ressies.

Probably why I was able to get ADRs we are a party of 7, 4 adults, 1 junior, 1 three yr old and an infant (will be 5 months old at the time). I'm hoping for one of the round tables in the corner by the window. Good thing about 'Ohana is arriving early and enjoying the bar. Love their Pina Coladas! Last time one of my DDs was 19, now 23 as soon as she heard I booked here she said "ohhh, I want the pineapple drink" I said "pineapple drink?" she said you know the one that comes in the pineapple (aka Lapu Lapu) very good and very strong. :thumbsup2

Big B
06-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I just joined from South Jersey and I am taking my soon to be 9 year old over Labor Day weekend! It is just the 2 of us. I used a travel agent, paid for dining and called at my 90 day mark at 7am and could only get a 9:35pm ressie at 'Ohana. I'm excited to have a reservation, but not happy at the time!! Have called back with no other options available. Will keep calling!