PDA

View Full Version : Whole milk in Disney restaurants?

arihillfarm
06-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know if Disney restaurants stock whole milk if you ask for it as a drink? DS, 13 months, is drinking some whole cow's milk now and I don't want to have to pack a day's worth in the cooler when we're in the parks if I can order an extra glass during lunch to refill his sippy cup.

TIA!
-Astrid

chrisw127
06-11-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm not sure what the answer is, but when mine were still drinking whole milk, they didn't notice the occasional substitution of 2% or even 1% for whole.

Have a fun trip!

Maggie'sMom
06-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Whole milk is available at most CS and TS restaurants, and in the resort shops. But as chrisw127 mentioned, it's fine to occassionally give 1% or 2% to a 1 year old. Don't sweat it if a restaurant doesn't have whole milk available.

wifey
06-12-2009, 05:56 AM
There should be whole milk ask your server when you check in. Over here in the UK our lower fat milk actually has more calcium in it than whole milk they put calcium back in when they have skimmed off the fat content. So the theory is it's better for everyone.

dawnball
06-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Whole milk usually seems to come in pint bottles (at CS) , and the lower fat milk in 8oz cartons. Sort of boggles my mind, since I grew up in a house where everyone drank lowfat/skim milk with meals, and only small children drank whole.

But I never met a TS that didn't have whole milk (my 5 year old is still on whole, because she needs the fat).