PDA

View Full Version : Mamma Melrose

ryanshana
06-11-2009, 03:52 PM
I was reading a post somewhere and it was saying that Mamma Melrose was horrible. I have an ADR for there....anyone else feel the same?

Thanks

MickeyNicki
06-11-2009, 03:58 PM
We had dinner there once and did not like the food at all, had lunch there last summer and it was pretty good

MHSweb79
06-11-2009, 06:01 PM
We had terrible, cold food the one time we've eaten there (two years ago) but many, many people love it. On that same trip, we had a fantastic meal at Tony's Town Square, which many many people hate. So there's no way of knowing for sure. :confused3
For more detailed opinions, go to allears.net and click on "rate & review." You can read what hundreds of people say about Mama Melrose and make your own decision.

Silver Queen
06-11-2009, 06:06 PM
We had dinner there in April, 2008 and were very pleased (and we're Italian). We had the Fantasmic! dinner package.

irunnoft
06-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I've eaten there every year for the past five years. It's been great every time. I wouldn't continue to go there if they were serving us Alpo, either. No offense to the OP, but these threads really never helped me out when I was asking the question due to the fact that you will hear from some people that they love Mama Melrose's and you'll hear from people who said they hated it. In the end, I always felt just as confused whenever I'd post a question like this. You'll get the same answers from people regardless of the restaurant, too. For instance, some people love the Sci-Fi Dine In. I was fed dog food there and will never go back. Some people go there year after year and others, like myself, avoid it at all costs.

hildarumpole
06-11-2009, 06:45 PM
We ate there 2 weeks ago and had a fantastic time. Food was great and service was excellent. They even had performers visit the tables during our meal. It was a fading starlet and a movie producer. They were hilarious.

ROEDISNEY
06-11-2009, 06:55 PM
My entire family have been here many of times . We always loved our food.
I say try it once and see what you like.

wdisnyw
06-11-2009, 07:11 PM
i agree with roedisney

inmyis
06-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Well, While every experience is different........we have tried MM twice in the last couple of years and both times the food was not great and theservice wasn't much better.

We all may not entirely agree, but when there are a large amount of poor reviews, it seems that those who do have an enjoyable time are lucky indeed.;)

Kelblum
06-11-2009, 07:19 PM
We have eaten at MM twice and were very pleased both times. We did not have any problems at all. We would go back again.

MissMinnie
06-11-2009, 07:32 PM
My family and I ate there on last years trip and we will not go back. The food was awful. I had the eggplant dish and the eggplant was bitter and soggy with oil like it was cooked in oil that wasn't hot enough for frying. My DH didn't like his pasta dish either and he likes anything Italian. I was on the fence too about trying it before we went, but decided to give it a chance. It wasn't our best decision.

Kimberle
06-11-2009, 07:54 PM
We ate there last year. I had the Chick parm. It was good. However, I got about 2 oz of spagatti:confused3. My dd had the kids pizza. Again, good, but small. The desserts were excellent. I was on the DDP & our server gave me a salad at no charge. We're going back this year. My dd is 10 and will be on the adult plan so she'll get more food.

abbadabbadoo
06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
My family went to Mama Melrose's last year as part of the Fantasmic dinner package. We really enjoyed it - DH loved the bruschetta appetizer, and we both really liked our entrees (spicy sausage for me, steak for him). Our little girl had salad and spaghetti, and ate EVERY bite of her salad and her dessert. The point is, we really enjoyed it and hope to return there this year. Try it - hope you like it as much as we do! :)

Dsny4fun
06-11-2009, 08:26 PM
I eat there every year and love it... i have never had a bad meal there yet.

mdelano4
06-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Have eaten there twice and loved it. Was disappointed we couldn't get a ressie there for this year.

tmanaster
06-11-2009, 09:31 PM
My family ate there last September. While we liked the food, it took FOREVER! We were literally there for well over 2 hours. At DS, this is a nightmare with so many scheduled shows, etc. We will again do Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic package from now on.

Born2Cruz
06-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Loved it ! Loved it ! Loved it !

OurMsBrooks
06-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Here's another vote for "loved it." I especially appreciate the atmosphere: cool, dim, quiet, off the beaten path. We always enjoy it.

disneygirlinnj
06-12-2009, 06:44 AM
It's not horrible by any means. It's just not GREAT. The bread sampler was good when we went... as was the wood fired shrimp/chicken. That was by far the best dish we had when we went. The chicken parm I thought was gross. There's better chicken parm at Olive Garden/Macaroni Grill. Also the flatbreads are pretty sad. I think if they served Ellios pizza it would have been more Italian. I forget what everyone else ordered but those two were the only losers, although for being an italian type restaurant, I was disappointed. We'll probably eat there again when we go since MGM has limited TS.

PatsMom
06-12-2009, 08:05 AM
We didn't think that Mama Melrose was good but we didn't think it was bad either. It was OK - sort of like an overpriced Olive Garden without the breadsticks and salad. We would eat there again if we wanted the Fantasmic dinner package but other than that wouldn't go out of our way.

Woozle13
06-12-2009, 08:28 AM
When I ate here last September everything was fine. I had the chicken parm. It wasnt the best meal I had ever had in my life, but it was good.

Uncleromulus
06-12-2009, 08:35 AM
I agree that it isn't "horrible"--it just isn't very good. Think Macaroni Grill/Olive Garden and then notch it down a step or two. That's Mama Melrose.

ilovecupcakes
06-12-2009, 09:26 AM
We had dinner there last month and enjoyed it very much. We're Italian and were very nervous about the food, but it was good. The sangria was to die for. Cute environment and had a really sweet waitress.

DCDisney
06-12-2009, 09:29 AM
We had both terrible food (every course and every person's different items all bad) and terrible slow service there. Of our 8 WDW trips it was the only meal we've ever had that was terrible. We've had a few ok's of course. Way worse than olive garden. If you have the Fantasmic pkg it's worth a try but otherwise definitely one to avoid.

Goseethemouse
06-12-2009, 10:17 AM
I really liked the dessert (Tiramisu) I had. It was the best dessert of our entire trip. We have booked Mama Melrose again for the next trip, mostly because of the dessert (the calamari were quite good as well).

It probably isn't the best restaurant and reviews are very uneven but with a bit of luck you'll get there on a good day and it should be fine.

TGaines107
06-12-2009, 10:22 AM
We've eaten there twice over the past 3 yrs and both times, was very enjoyable. Couple of factors here, it was summer so getting into a cool dark air conditioned place was a respite. We/kids stuck to pizza & pasta. Kinda hard to mess that up. Service a touch slow though but I'd go again.

loopner67
06-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I heard not so good things about it before we ate there, but my family really liked this restaurant and I'd go again.

sherylcin
06-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Ate there last May and I would give it a 2.5 out of 5. Not raveable - is that a word??:) - but certainly not awful. The one tip that we learned (at least it was true last year) was that they would not accept the DDE (now Tables in Wonderland) for the Fantasmic package. We weren't on the dining plan opting instead to go with the discount from the DDE, Passholder and DVC. This was the only place that was a surprise.

3for Me
06-12-2009, 12:29 PM
We ate there last summer and enjoyed it. Not fine dining by any means, but very good and service was GREAT. They brought my daughter a birthday dessert and a chef's hat with her name on it...we didn't ask for anything special, they just did it.:thumbsup2

We are going back again for lunch this time around as well.