PDA

View Full Version : Reservation Strategy for Free Dining? I'm scared.

Sleeping Becca
06-11-2009, 01:08 PM
We are traveling during free dining, we are not on the dining plan. Here are my preferences listed in order that I will request:

#1. 1900 Park Fair (dinner must get this one for DD's birthday no back up)
#2 Le Cellier lunch, not even going to try for dinner (back up is Yachtsman for dinner)
#3 California Grill (back up is Narcoossees, back up Citricos)
#4 1900 Park Fair Breakfast (back up Ohana breakfast, back up early lunch Crystal Palace, back up early lunch Rainforest or T-Rex)
#5 Brown Derby lunch (back up Sci Fi lunch)
#6 Yak & Yeti lunch (back up Rainforest)

Do any of these need to be moved up or down, in the order I request or do you think I have it right in terms of popularity? #1 is non-negoitiable, the rest can be moved. I am going to call first thing in the am on my call date which is Sat.

What are the chances of getting what I want, I've never had to try to get reservations during free-dining. I am dreading having to eat counter service for breakfast lunch and dinner, blech.

Sleeping Becca
06-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Any suggestions for getting what I want?

What reservation do you think is the most ify?

JoePa4Ever
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I think your adrs are in the right order. Fortunately, it seems that FD adrs for Sept have been fairly successful for most people - the harder ones to get seem to be Ohana & Le Cellier dinner. I really think you'll get all of your adrs - the only "ify" one might be Le Cellier, but I think you should get Le Cellier lunch without any problem.

Sleeping Becca
06-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks! As I read more and more, I've been pleasantly surprised at the abudance of folks getting all of the reservations they want. It gives me hope.

Every year you hear these nightmare stories of no where to eat during Free Dining. I hate that I have to plan my mealtimes this far ahead for a vacation, but I hate the thought of eating Counter Service for every meal even more.

nicolem05
06-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I made back up lists and drove myself crazy... but in the end got everything I wanted except one, and only had to take a second choice day on CRT.. We did get 1900 PF, Le Cellier, CRT etc.. I expected to not get a couple since we are also there during free dining.. I followed the advice someone posted a few weeks ago.. start calling a couple of minutes before they open.. for us that was 3:57 am est.. :thumbsup2 Have everything prepared and request to confirm res. numbers and take Visa number after you have made all reservations.. GOOD LUCK and don't stress too much.. We are traveling for DD b-day too, so I know it can be extra nerve racking wanting their special day to be perfect :goodvibes

ROEDISNEY
06-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Be ready to start dialing at 6:59 and keep dialing to you get through. Make sure you have all info in front of you places dates & times.
Good Luck :thumbsup2