PDA

View Full Version : We are really really going~ Pre trip report**Bye Bye the bubble wrap is off!!! ****

jjk
06-09-2009, 03:29 PM
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana:

Sorry excitement got the better of me :rotfl:

Cast

Me ~slightly loopy Pompey Fan
Pete~ has worked so hard for this Holiday:love:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m134/rchtow/DSCF1117.jpg

Jordan ~also known as Ironman
Julian ~ laid back dude
Kieran~ talks a LOT !!! ( ALL BOYS ARE NOW IN BUBBLE WRAP, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE !! )

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m134/rchtow/img040.jpg

As some of you know,we have had a rather tough year for one reason or another, so we had earlier in the year cancelled a trip to florida and had firmly set our sights on returning next year.

Well hubby and I set about pricing different holidays around the uk and we couldnt belive the price for our family of 5 to various uk holiday homes etc.
So we hatched a plan, we took on extra Jobs and saved every penny we could find for the last 6 months. We had nothing to loose, as if we couldnt
manage it this year the money would go to next years holiday.

Well the great news is we have done it we are all booked and Paid and ready to go and all within budget :dance3::dance3::dance3:

(as a side note, I would just like to say a huge thankyou to all my Dis friends for you have all truly helped me keep my sanity this year :hug:)

Here is our rough plan so far, as for this holiday has not had much time for planning. I am really thrilled with the adrs we have the cast member I spoke to was so very helpful :goodvibes

22nd August flying with virgin to Miami arrive around 3.15 we haved decide wether we will stay here tonight or drive to orlando tonight we have a hotel booked for each and will decide on the day depending on how tired we are etc

23rd August not sure what we are doing today but we will be staying at holiday inn orange lake resort this night is free as hubby collects a lot of loyalty points with his job every week:)

24th August we are checking into Saratoga springs with free dining :dance3:
have an adr for Dinner Chef De France

25th Aug Dinner Liberty tree tavern

26th August Lunch yak and yetti

27th Aug Lunch Coral Reef

28th Aug Breakfast Ohanas

29th Aug Dinner San Angel

30th Aug Dinner Raglan Road

31st Aug dinner chef Mickeys

1 Septr Drive back to miami flight 19.05

2 septarrive back heathrow 08.45

I cant wait to make more memories like this

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m134/rchtow/img046.jpg

We are so excited about this trip, we see it as a huge bonus, so whatever we get to do we aim to have the best time ever X

Claire L
06-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh sounds like a great trip planned :)

The only thing is the first night if you do not cancel within a reasonable time do you not lose the money?

Claire ;)

jockey
06-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Have a great time your plans sound fab :)

jjk
06-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh sounds like a great trip planned :)

The only thing is the first night if you do not cancel within a reasonable time do you not lose the money?

Claire ;)

No we have booked reward nights with hubbys points so we dont have to pay :goodvibes

Claire L
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM
No we have booked reward nights with hubbys points so we dont have to pay :goodvibes

Ah good move :)

Claire ;)

Snowy-girls
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Rachel,i was going to mention the bubble wrap if you did'nt :lmao:.I love the family pic(we love chiquitos by the way :thumbsup2).I don't think i could plan and take a trip like you have in such a short amount of time :worship:-i would be too panicky :laughing:.Glad something good has come your way+what a better thing to hapen than a trip to WDW :hug:.x.

Gaynor
06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Fab plans :goodvibes

jjk
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Rachel,i was going to mention the bubble wrap if you did'nt :lmao:.I love the family pic(we love chiquitos by the way :thumbsup2).I don't think i could plan and take a trip like you have in such a short amount of time :worship:-i would be too panicky :laughing:.Glad something good has come your way+what a better thing to hapen than a trip to WDW :hug:.x.

Thanks Michelle, I havent really had time to even let it all sink in and i am a bit nervous I will forget something or someone :rotfl2:

Snowy-girls
06-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks Michelle, I havent really had time to even let it all sink in and i am a bit nervous I will forget something or someone :rotfl2:

I am sure you will be fine :hug:,don't worry-says the panicker of all panickers :lmao:.
I reckon it could be quite exciting at the same time as well,planning a trip like that.x.

suzycute
06-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Really glad you are able to make it back this year - look forward to hearing all about it on your return! :thumbsup2

fizz13
06-09-2009, 06:13 PM
So happy for you that you are getting this trip, and you have definitely earnt it, sounds like you have both been working really hard for it. and its great you're not gonna have to wait too long. Nice you got some great ADRs too, well done!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thought you might want some extra bananas;)

ps. will also be in epcot WS on 24th, so if you want to meet for drinks let me know xx

Pinky166
06-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Yay! I am so pleased for you. :banana: :banana: :banana:

You got lots of fab ADR's. :thumbsup2

jjk
06-10-2009, 01:31 AM
So happy for you that you are getting this trip, and you have definitely earnt it, sounds like you have both been working really hard for it. and its great you're not gonna have to wait too long. Nice you got some great ADRs too, well done!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thought you might want some extra bananas;)

ps. will also be in epcot WS on 24th, so if you want to meet for drinks let me know xx

We would love to meet up Claire, our adr is 8.20pm so let me know what time is good for you x

Yay! I am so pleased for you. :banana: :banana: :banana:

You got lots of fab ADR's. :thumbsup2

thanks Hun xx

Natasha&Matt
06-10-2009, 03:13 AM
Wow didnt realise you were goin back so soon!!

How exciting :goodvibes your gunna have a blast :)

mandymouse
06-10-2009, 04:50 AM
Your plans sound great Rachel. Shame our holidays don't overlap, it would've been lovely to meet you again. I hope you have a great trip ~ and don't forget PLENTY of bubblewrap ;)

jjk
06-10-2009, 05:16 AM
Wow didnt realise you were goin back so soon!!

How exciting :goodvibes your gunna have a blast :)

thanks Im so excited :woohoo:

Your plans sound great Rachel. Shame our holidays don't overlap, it would've been lovely to meet you again. I hope you have a great trip ~ and don't forget PLENTY of bubblewrap ;)

Dont worry Mandy, I have a bubble wrap Mountain, my poor boys are not amused:rotfl2:

It would have been lovely to meet up again, hopefully will be able to another time. :thumbsup2

irongirlof12
06-11-2009, 02:25 AM
we arrive a few days after you. i will look out for you in all your bubblewrap finery :lmao:

jjk
06-11-2009, 02:34 AM
we arrive a few days after you. i will look out for you in all your bubblewrap finery :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: see you there

strawberry blonde
06-11-2009, 09:24 AM
( ALL BOYS ARE NOW IN BUBBLE WRAP, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE !! )

Dare I ask what happened?:eek:

jjk
06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
( ALL BOYS ARE NOW IN BUBBLE WRAP, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE !! )

Dare I ask what happened?:eek:

Hi, Last year 5 days before our holiday my eldest Son broke his arm in two places so holiday had to be rearranged, my son ended up with a few ops and a metal plate inserted in his arm and we are still taking him to the hospital 1 year later :headache:

I am really hoping none of my boys put in a repeat performance :upsidedow

Chilly
06-11-2009, 02:14 PM
That is great news Rachel. Add a bit of bubble wrap from me!

PoppyAnna
06-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Love the pre-trip report. Youv'e got a great trip planned, lovely ADR's too:thumbsup2
You all really deserve it ::yes::

jtlover
06-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Good for you - might see you out there.

We go out on 24th August and back on 3rd September

jjk
06-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Love the pre-trip report. Youv'e got a great trip planned, lovely ADR's too:thumbsup2
You all really deserve it ::yes::

thanks Joanne x :hug:

Good for you - might see you out there.

We go out on 24th August and back on 3rd September

see you there :thumbsup2

florida sun
06-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Great pre trippie Rachel:goodvibes

jjk
06-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi all ,well we have under two months to go and we have decided that this going to be a commando style holiday ! The boys had a massive list of things they wanted to fit into our eleven days and i think I have managed it, Im sure we will have a ball trying.:cheer2: here is our rather hectic plan of action I cant wait to give it all a whirl :banana:

Day 1
Saturday 22nd August 2009

Depart from london heathrow Airport on virgin atlantic vs005 at 10:35am
Check In to Holiday Inn Ocean front
Evening - Miami Beach exploring etc collapse into bed ready for a very early start !

Day 2
Sunday 23rd August 2009
Morning
drive to Orlando early morning stop for brekkie on the way
check In to Holiday Inn orange lake villas spend some time at hotels water park
Afternoon/evening - SeaWorld ride Manta see shamu rocks( If on )

Day 3
Monday 24th August 2009
Morning
check In to saratoga springs and explore go swimming
afternooon
Dis meet, meeting Claire :goodvibes
B]Evenin[/B]g - Epcot
Dinner at chef de france 8:20am

Day 4
tuesday 25th August 2009

Morning
explore resort etc

Afternoon & Evening - Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern 7:00pm
watch wishes

Day 5
Wednesday 26th August 2009

Morning - Animal Kingdom
Lunch at yak and yetti at 1:30am .
Evening - Downtown Disney for shopping:banana:
Dinner at T Rex located at Downtown Disney at 10:00pm ( boys idea :rotfl:)

Day 6
Thursday 27th August 2009

Morning - Blizzard Beach
Lunch at 3:05am coral reef
evening; MGM
try to see fantasmic

Day 7
Friday 28th August 2009

Breakfast at Ohanas .with stitch :banana:
Morning -
Boys Hire mouse boats at contempary ( I shall find a nice hammock to watch proceedings and talk to the turkeys :rotfl:)
afternoon shopping premium outlets :banana:
Evening - Epcot EMH

Day 8
Saturday 29th August 2009

Morning & Afternoon - Animal Kingdom
Dinner at San Angel 8:00pm -
Evening - winter/summerland golf

Day 9
Sunday 30th August 2009

All Day - Hollywood Studios
meet kerry ( hopefully, I will pm you :thumbsup2)
Dinner at Raglan at 8:00pm
Evening emh - Magic Kingdom

Day 10
Monday 31st August 2009
Morning - Typhoon Lagoon

Afternoon & Evening - Magic Kingdom
Dinner at chef mickeys lat 8:15am

Day 11
Tuesday 1st September 2009

early morning drive back to Miami
walk on beach have lunch
7.05 pm flight back to heathrow

Day 12
- Wednesday 2nd September 2009
arrive london heathrow 8.45 am am :guilty:

the boys have a ton of other stuff they think they are going to fit in on top of that lot :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

thanks for reading :thumbsup2

PoppyAnna
06-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Sounds great - not too hectic at all :faint: ;)
That day with the hammock and shopping sounds my fave:thumbsup2
What's with the T-Rex 10pm ressie?

jjk
06-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Sounds great - not too hectic at all :faint: ;)
That day with the hammock and shopping sounds my fave:thumbsup2
What's with the T-Rex 10pm ressie?

the Boys wanted to eat here and it was the only time we could get, they are typical teenagers and love late nights so I agreed to the mad plan:)

mandymouse
06-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Your plans sound great Rachel, though I'm impressed with the 10pm ressie at T-Rex - I would be ready for bed by then :rotfl::rotfl:

natalielongstaff
06-23-2009, 02:36 PM
the Boys wanted to eat here and it was the only time we could get, they are typical teenagers and love late nights so I agreed to the mad plan:)

:rotfl2: full report on that then please hun, we are booked for october !

jjk
06-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Your plans sound great Rachel, though I'm impressed with the 10pm ressie at T-Rex - I would be ready for bed by then :rotfl::rotfl:

Me too Mandy, I havent told the boys yet but i am considering wearing my Pj 's as its only a short walk back to ssr :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: full report on that then please hun, we are booked for october !

full report will indeed follow, glad you are sorted for october at a more sensible time I hope :goodvibes

fizz13
06-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Wowee, hats off to you for putting that itinerary together, that is some master planning and i think the boys are going to have an amazing time!:goodvibes

Really looking forward to meeting you after all this time, 60 days today till we are in the air!!:woohoo:

jjk
06-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Wowee, hats off to you for putting that itinerary together, that is some master planning and i think the boys are going to have an amazing time!:goodvibes

Really looking forward to meeting you after all this time, 60 days today till we are in the air!!:woohoo:

me too, what time is your flight, Maybe we will be able to wave at each others planes as we cross the atlantic :rotfl2:

jjk
08-13-2009, 01:38 AM
Morning all,

I am so excited today because it is time for our

single digit dance

party:party:party:party:party:party:party:

( not letting the Boys dance too much,just in case ;) )

we are almost packed the only slight annoyance is still no tickets from VH, they are supposed to be sending them special delivery today, but im not convinced keeping my fingers crossed:wizard::wizard:

PoppyAnna
08-13-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm thrilled to be dancing with you Rachel :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Couldn't be happier for you :jumping1: :jumping1:

:banana: party:party:party: :dancer: :dancer: party:party:party: :banana:

fizz13
08-13-2009, 05:07 AM
woo-hoo!!! lets get those dancing shoes on!!

:cheer2::cheer2::jumping1:party::jumping1::cheer2:

Pinky166
08-13-2009, 06:24 AM
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Keep that bubble wrap on them boys! ;)

Snowy-girls
08-13-2009, 09:52 AM
:scared1: Are you sure them boys dancing is a good idea :scared1: :lmao:.

I will have a bogie with ya :banana: :dance3: :banana:.

You will love TRex-it was fantastic :worship:.x.

jjk
08-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Very excited now, only four days of Bubblewrap left. We are all packed and ready to go,DH finishes work today and tomorrow my dad arrives.

Friday evening we will be heading to the crowne Plaza at heathrow we are all so very excited and the boys are really really really looking forward to the official Bubblewrap removing ceramony on Friday :yay::yay:

PoppyAnna
08-18-2009, 02:15 AM
:cool1::cool1:

fizz13
08-18-2009, 05:04 PM
woo-hoo!!!!!! well done you for being all packed up. have got as far as the kids, mine not started, but I know in my head what I am packing. getting so close now. I am sure the boys will be very relieved to be let out of the bubble wrap soon;)

The Fetherstons
08-19-2009, 03:03 AM
Yay Rachel:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::c ool1:

So looking forward to seeing you all:cool1::cool1::cool1:

jjk
08-19-2009, 04:21 AM
Yay Rachel:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::c ool1:

So looking forward to seeing you all:cool1::cool1::cool1:

cant wait Kerry,see you at Starring rolls at 4pm have a safe flight x

Snowy-girls
08-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Ooohh not long now :banana: :dance3:,would like to wish you a safe journey and a fantastic holiday now in case i don't get on to do so nearer the time.Can't wait to hear all about it.x.

scojos
08-20-2009, 07:39 AM
just wanted to wish you a magical holiday!
we are staying at SSR in a 2bed villa next year, so would be very interested in your views on the room (pictures would be ace:thumbsup2, especially of the 2nd bedroom, are you putting all the boys in there, or is 1 staying on the sofa bed? id like our 3 to sleep in the room and leave the sofa alone, purely so if we get up we wont disturb 1, but if the beds are narrow they ll kill each other trying to sleep!!!
also interested in reviews of the onsite dining - your kids are about the same ages as mine, so im especially interested in their opinions...:rotfl2:
child labour, you gotta love it!!
p.s can i have the bubble wrap when you have finished with it, ds broke his foot on holiday last year, so id have to take it with me if thats ok?:confused3:rotfl2:
take care, be safe
Tracy

natalielongstaff
08-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Have a fab time Rachel :cool1: and Kerry !

wideeyes
08-20-2009, 08:56 AM
hope you have a great trip, looking forward to reading about it when you are home.

jjk
08-20-2009, 03:59 PM
just wanted to wish you a magical holiday!
we are staying at SSR in a 2bed villa next year, so would be very interested in your views on the room (pictures would be ace:thumbsup2, especially of the 2nd bedroom, are you putting all the boys in there, or is 1 staying on the sofa bed? id like our 3 to sleep in the room and leave the sofa alone, purely so if we get up we wont disturb 1, but if the beds are narrow they ll kill each other trying to sleep!!!
also interested in reviews of the onsite dining - your kids are about the same ages as mine, so im especially interested in their opinions...:rotfl2:
child labour, you gotta love it!!
p.s can i have the bubble wrap when you have finished with it, ds broke his foot on holiday last year, so id have to take it with me if thats ok?:confused3:rotfl2:
take care, be safe
Tracy

Hi Tracy ,

I will take lots of piccies for you, the boys havent quite decided on sleeping arrangements yet they are deciding when we get there
after friday you can happily have the bubblewrap :rotfl2::thumbsup2

jjk
08-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Have a fab time Rachel :cool1: and Kerry !

hope you have a great trip, looking forward to reading about it when you are home.

Goofysmate
08-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Have a great time Rachel :thumbsup2

jjk
08-21-2009, 01:48 AM
The Bubble wrap is coming off whoop whopp!!!

(and being handed over to tracy ;))

well this it, will be checking in online this morning

a few last minute jobs to do, dropping Season tickets around to MIL and then heading up to the crown plaza at heathrow tonight, for our 10.35 am flight to Miami tommorow morning. Due to land 3.05pm us time

thankyou all for reading and have a fab weekend and I shall give you a full report on our return

byeeee :beach::tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger::ti gger::tigger::tigger::mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyju m

PoppyAnna
08-21-2009, 02:53 AM
Have the best time Rachel et al......

:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum :dumbo::dumbo::dumbo:

Pegasus928
08-21-2009, 05:14 AM
Just wanted to wish you a safe trip and hope you have a fantastic holiday. Well deserved by all by the sound of it.
Looks like you have a couple of sleepless days ahead judging by your plan. What with Yak and Yetti at 1.30am, followed by a 10pm T-rex dinner and 3.05 am at Coral Reef when do you intend sleeping :rotfl2:

Day 5
Wednesday 26th August 2009

Morning - Animal Kingdom
Lunch at yak and yetti at 1:30am .
Evening - Downtown Disney for shopping:banana:
Dinner at T Rex located at Downtown Disney at 10:00pm ( boys idea :rotfl:)

Day 6
Thursday 27th August 2009

Morning - Blizzard Beach
Lunch at 3:05am coral reef
evening; MGM
try to see fantasmic

Ah well - sleepings for wimps anyway. You can do that on the plane on the way home.
Have a good one :thumbsup2