PDA

View Full Version : Good quality bean bag chair

FLAngie
06-09-2009, 10:02 AM
I had no idea that bean bag chairs had become so expensive:confused3 DD7 asked for one for her 8th birthday. I would like to get one that is big enough that she won't grow out of anytime soon. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good quality one that won't cost a fortune? I have looked at Wal-Mart and Target and have not been impressed.

FoundMyPrince
06-09-2009, 10:41 AM
My parent bought our kids bean bag chairs for Christmas - from JCPenney's. They have held up well, though they do need more "stuffing" now.

PlutoPony
06-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Lands End!
They're on Overstocks now (may be discontinuing them) and you'll need to buy the cover and insert - they're not sold together right now. We've had one for 7-8 years and it's held up well.

FLAngie
06-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks! I never thought to look at JcPenny. I looked at the Land's End ones a little earlier. It looks pretty good. Do you have one? How is it holding up?

FLAngie
06-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Oops! looks like I had to read you message better. Glad to hear it has held up well for so long.:thumbsup2

scrapbookmom
06-09-2009, 11:58 AM
My DD 8 and DS 6 got ones for Christmas from Lillian Vernon. They have a lot of designs and come monogrammed for around $60 total. So far so good. They enjoy them.

DawnM
06-09-2009, 02:59 PM
We LOVE our Lands' End bean bag chairs! We got ottomans to go with them. Each boy has his own chair and ottoman. We got a free shipping code with it too, so see if you can find one.

Dawn

hrddrv
06-09-2009, 05:06 PM
http://www.cordaroys.com/
These are expensive but double as a bed. I know the guy who started this company. I can not vouch for how well they hold up but they have a bunch in the mall that the kids jump on all day long and they seem to hold up really great. If I had the room I would have one.

TheRatPack
06-09-2009, 05:16 PM
http://www.cordaroys.com/
These are expensive but double as a bed. I know the guy who started this company. I can not vouch for how well they hold up but they have a bunch in the mall that the kids jump on all day long and they seem to hold up really great. If I had the room I would have one.

A neighbor was cleaning out stuff their kids had outgrown (didn't have room for) and they gave us a Cordaroy....it's SOOOOoooo nice. I washed the cover and didn't realize it was a bed inside but when I took the cover off to wash it I thought that the insert was HUGE. I went online to look it up and then I saw the site and thought it was the neatest idea ever.

I plan on getting some more for our TV room.....they are so comfy and HUGE and the bed comes in handy as well.

Paxtrist
06-09-2009, 07:24 PM
My son and daughter have bean bags from Pottery Barn and they are great!