PDA

View Full Version : airline prices

abs730
06-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Hi, I need some advice! We have some credit on southwest so we are going to be using them when we fly in august. However, I have been looking at prices, wow. I have never seen southwest so high, last year we paid 59 dollars one way. Should I just purchase them now and now wait any longer, or is there a chance they may change?

andrews_dad
06-09-2009, 08:50 AM
You just missed some pretty good deals about a week ago or so. If you fly on SW enough, it is SO easy to re-book cheaper fares and then use the credit. If you get a bunch of credut you can often sell it to friends and family, as it transfers very easy. I just often book and then watch daily for drops.

angelarainey
06-09-2009, 08:53 AM
i checked farecaster and they predicted that they are going down again in another week...

Talock
06-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Yea, they go up and down. Check your price everyday, and buy as soon as you think you're getting a good deal.

abs730
06-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks so much for some input! I hate the waiting game!

DisneyCowgirl
06-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Keep in mind that if you use an existing credit now and later get a new credit because the price goes down, the expiration date on the new credit will be the same as the one on the credit you used. I got burned by that rule once.