PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for a teacher going to Mexico and Slovakia.

Ms.Grumpy
06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
DS's kindergarten teacher is taking a sebatical and she is going to go to Mexico to learn more about the country, customs, and to be completely imersed on the language. (She is an awesome Spanish speaker, she could fool anyone.) She is then going to Slovakia to learn more about her own ancestoral background.
Any gift ideas that would be great for this future traveler.
TIA

wdwmaw
06-08-2009, 09:57 PM
DS teacher did this when he was little. A couple of moms contacted everyone in the class and we took up a donation and gave her the cash. You could do a gift card type thing for her. She would enjoy the cash I am sure.

For a personal thing you could give her a journel to write about her experience and to have somthing to share on her return to her class.

ccdoster
06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Travel items like, travel adapters for power cords. maybe a water bottle with a filter so she can have clean water at all times...

A gift certificate for Shutterfly where she can upload her pics into a digital album.

Just some thoughts...of the top of my head right now.

Ms.Grumpy
06-09-2009, 01:03 AM
DS teacher did this when he was little. A couple of moms contacted everyone in the class and we took up a donation and gave her the cash. You could do a gift card type thing for her. She would enjoy the cash I am sure.
This would have been a great idea! Unfortunately our last day of school is wednesday and I will not see the majority of the parents by that time. I will however save this idea for the future!

For a personal thing you could give her a journel to write about her experience and to have somthing to share on her return to her class.
OHH I like this alot. Definately will get her one. She is setting up something with the teachers now, so that once a week she will e-mail them or have some type of video conference, to let the kids know what she is doing.

Travel items like, travel adapters for power cords. maybe a water bottle with a filter so she can have clean water at all times...

A gift certificate for Shutterfly where she can upload her pics into a digital album.

Just some thoughts...of the top of my head right now.
The water bottle sounds great, especially for Mexico. Everytime we go we have to be buying the water bottles.
:goodvibes

Bren's Mom
06-09-2009, 08:55 AM
TSA locks for her luggage, or a travel pillow for the plane. (Walmart or Target have good 'travel' sections for more ideas.)

Or even a small basket of travel sized items.

andrews_dad
06-09-2009, 10:14 AM
gift ... hmm .. swine flu repellant?