PDA

View Full Version : First week back

fuse04
06-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Just a quick note to say we are now back having been three weeks in WDW/Universal and had a great time. Meet up with some DIS folks for the first time which was great, fed the giraffes, had an illuminations cruise, stayed at HRH for first time, and also Kidnai, tried new restaurants.....great, great, great

If I get time I will try to do a trip report....will read Kev's first to see what he says about us :rotfl:

Rob

natalielongstaff
06-08-2009, 04:08 PM
:thumbsup2 would love to hear more about kidani ! (and Kev :rotfl2:)

PoppyAnna
06-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Wecome back, glad you had a good time:thumbsup2

florida sun
06-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Welcome back, glad you had a good time:goodvibes

Mrs Doubtfire
06-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I think you are just making us wait!! Welcome back - you'll have to drip feed bits of the holiday:)

wayneg
06-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Welcome home Rob, was great to meet you, Sandra and Hannah.

Ware Bears
06-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Welcome back. :wave2:

Goofysmate
06-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Welcome back :)

mandymouse
06-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Welcome home Rob, I hope you'll do a trip report for us :)

jjk
06-09-2009, 02:29 AM
welcome back :goodvibes

Snowy-girls
06-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Welcome back Rob :goodvibes.x.

tennisfan
06-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Welcome back:thumbsup2

Pugsly
06-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Welcome Home, Rob.

So sorry to have missed you, Sandra, and Hannah on the 3rd. DS and I kinda hit a brick wall and took a long nap (waking up just before meet time at the Bellevue).

jockey
06-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Welcome home :)

wicket2005
06-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Pleased you had a lovely time and that you enjoyed HRH, it is our fav hotel out of the ones we have tried.

Natasha&Matt
06-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Welcome home :)

jns
06-10-2009, 06:34 AM
welcome back

Tammy Stringer
06-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Hi Rob - it was lovely to meet you, Sandra and Hannah.

What a fun evening we had.

By the way the picture wasn't too bad :rotfl::rotfl: which is a miracle I am sure you will agree - Kev will no doubt post it on the trip report when he gets to that stage

Tammy

Kevin Stringer
06-10-2009, 11:27 AM
If I get time I will try to do a trip report....will read Kev's first to see what he says about us :rotfl:

Rob

Nothing but good things Rob. I won't mention when you streaked through World Showcase. Whoops!

Kev

Minniespal
06-11-2009, 02:42 AM
Welcome home, glad you had a great time.

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on Kidani.

fuse04
06-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Nothing but good things Rob. I won't mention when you streaked through World Showcase. Whoops!

Kev

Thanks Kev, I think I have to correct you on a technical point, given that I had my Mickey ears on I believe I was fully dressed :lmao:

Thanks for all the welcome homes, as for Kidani I am not sure if you should wait until my trip report but on the basis I might not get round to one....

Kidani was very nice, almost being a smaller version of Jambo. The lobby area is much smaller but equally as well themed and is more intermit and cosy, and certainly quieter than Jambo. The shop is so much smaller than at Jambo but stops a reasonable selection of snacks and drinks. The staff on the shop are very helpful and all to eager to talk with you about the resort and its themeing (cloth and time). Kidani means bracelet and the accomodation 'blocks' represent the large beads and 'joining' passages are the small beads (when viewed from the sky).

However the resort is only about 60% operational at the moment while they finish the rest of the resort so it is likely to get much busier later in the year. Some of the CM on front desk say they are generally not that busy and sometimes go over to Jambo to help out.

There are many hidden Mickeys but would question how hidden they are given that I managed to find some. The net curtains in the rooms have a nice touch because if you look carefully the pattern is one of animals and some characers from lion king.

The pool areas is very nice with a themed childs play area (and for some adults, the water cannons are good!) although I did wonder if it might be a little small when the resort is fully occupied. Hannah liked the slid and us parents liked the hot tub:)

Sanaa has a romantic feel especially as the restaurant has winows top to bottom which look directly out on the savannah. Food is more for those who like spicy and am not sure that it is as good a fmaily restaurant as Disney would have you think.

thanks all the moment but maybe more to come

natalielongstaff
06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
good to hear your reviews on Kidani and sanaa :)

fuse04
06-11-2009, 02:41 PM
good to hear your reviews on Kidani and sanaa :)

when i get more time I will post something on the meal we had there

natalielongstaff
06-11-2009, 02:52 PM
when i get more time I will post something on the meal we had there

great, thank you x

Girlsontour
06-11-2009, 03:18 PM
It was great to meet up with you all - you should have stuck around with us - i would have saved you all that money on tips and you could have gone back to Disney next week:rotfl2:

fuse04
06-11-2009, 04:08 PM
It was great to meet up with you all - you should have stuck around with us - i would have saved you all that money on tips and you could have gone back to Disney next week:rotfl2:

yes it was good to meet and Sandra really enjoyed meeting up, it was spooky bumping into each other in the lift at that time of night; did drop you a email re tips not sure if you have seen it yet. Will send you a copy of the photo's when I get time to sort them out