PDA

View Full Version : Tuvalu or Tahiti - only lagoon rooms @ Poly w/o conc.?

TWOOD
06-19-2002, 01:26 PM
I decided to splurge for a lagoon view @ the Poly. Are Tuvalu (smoking -opt.) and Tahiti the only lagoon view buildings, that aren't concierge? I have asthma, so I think she said I could be guaranteed a non-smoking room. Does this mean I'll be in Tahiti or are there other lagoon view buildings? Thanks!

Wish Upon A Star
06-19-2002, 01:31 PM
We stayed at Tuvalu in April 2000 and it was a smoking building. I am a smoker, but I only smoke outdoors. I didn't know of these boards so I never requested a specific longhouse, I wish I did because when we arrived I had no other options. The longhouse was beautiful as well as the views, but there was that lingering smoke smell in our room . . .and believe it or not, I hate the smell of stale cig smoke . . . :rolleyes:

My advice to you would be to request Tahiti . . .I've heard that longhouse is beautiful, it has been updated and the bathroom has double sinks, Tuvalu does not.

Hope this helped!

scanne
06-19-2002, 01:31 PM
I think you'll be in Tahiti. This is one of the newest buildings with two sinks in the bathroom and balconies on both the 2nd the 3rd floors. First floor rooms have patios. I think you will LOVE Tahiti. You're very close to the TTC to hop the monorail to Epcot, plus you can stroll the beautiful grounds to get to the GCH. Plus you'll have an AMAZING view!

Hope you have a great trip!!!!!!

karensi
06-19-2002, 02:08 PM
As far as the view is concerned, does it make any difference what floor you are on? I know the view itself would be different if you were on the 1st floor compared to the 3rd floor, but are the views from all the floors good? We are going to WDW in Oct.:D , and have requested Tahiti, we have a lagoon view, but not a specific floor, should I do that??

Tikiman
06-19-2002, 02:10 PM
Tahiti is a great longhouse but you may end up in Tuvalu. As of last October Tuvalu is not a smoking optional longhouse. It is a smokefree longhouse on the 1st and 2nd floor and smoking optional on the 3rd. I would request Tahiti.

Aloha

Steve

wdwnutze
06-19-2002, 05:07 PM
We had Tahiti 1st floor lagoon view last summer and it was awesome. The room was big and the double sinks were very helpful. The view from the patio was amazing.

TWOOD
06-20-2002, 09:13 AM
Thanks everyone! I requested Tahiti and double-checked that my asthma was noted. 35 days to go and I can't wait!:)