PDA

View Full Version : work from home Disney planners opportunity

wdwmaw
06-08-2009, 09:01 AM
I found this in an article with family fun magizene. I am not a travel agent nor do I have the training but see post all the time here of people wanting to do Disney travel planning full time.:thumbsup2 Please let us know if anyone gets to do this and good luck !!

http://myfavoritemouse.com/join_our_team.html

http://myfavoritemouse.com/home.htm

J3nn78
06-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the link

DH is applying. We are the Disney Go to people for anyone who knows us.

labdogs42
06-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Which issue of Family Fun is that in? I must not have read that one yet! Thanks for posting this, I just might apply!

wdwmaw
06-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I really don't know, a lady at work brought it to me since I am the go to Disney person in our school. I would assume a recent issue. It actually was listed in the adds in the back. Most sounded fake but this had a site and looked legit. I do not have professional experience and would be at school in the morinings so getting on the phone @ 7 is hard for me during the school year.

I really hope it works out for someone here:thumbsup2 The company is based out of New Jersey but seemed like they were looking for at home planners.

wdwmaw
06-08-2009, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=J3nn78;32181178]Thanks for the link

DH is applying.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Good Luck !! Let us know.

newtodis
06-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm also going to apply - this is like a dream job for me! If I could make it work around my current job it would be perfect!!! :cool1: Thank you for the link!!

buzzlady
06-08-2009, 11:16 AM
The company is based out of New Jersey but seemed like they were looking for at home planners.

They are in East Brunswick, NJ. I know exactly where they are. They do have an office. I've never used them. Here is their website http://www.islandperfect.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=deployWebsite&fuseaction.deployWebsite=welcome&admin=0&website=www.islandperfect.com

Malibelle
06-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks for posting!

disneymamaof2
06-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I worked with them as an independent travel consultant, it took months for me to get my commission check (after many, many phone calls and emails) and I still have $200 coming to me that they say they can't find any paperwork showing that I booked this ressie. Well they not only get my forms that I fax, but also paperwork from Disney so they can't say there isn't any proof that I booked this. Needless to say I am done booking reservations through them.

tinkbutt
06-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Just applied....... crossing my fingers

brekin67
06-08-2009, 06:15 PM
I worked with them as an independent travel consultant, it took months for me to get my commission check (after many, many phone calls and emails) and I still have $200 coming to me that they say they can't find any paperwork showing that I booked this ressie. Well they not only get my forms that I fax, but also paperwork from Disney so they can't say there isn't any proof that I booked this. Needless to say I am done booking reservations through them.

How much is a person paid when booking a reservation for someone? Is it a commission or set rate of pay? How do you receive referrals for booking a reservation?
Thanks,
Brenda

copper0426
06-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I have seen this ad in almost all of the family fun magazines that we have gotten. Just seemed to me too good to be true so never looked into it. DH and I are also the go to people for our friends and family. It always cracks me up when people say oh yeah, we have been there done that. We ask them about this or that and they tell us where is that or when did that happen. Even DVC owners who work with my husband ask him questions. Why buy if you don't know what you are getting into or what you can do with it.

We have been going to WDW 3 to 4 times a year for the past 17 years. I applied to the moms panel and was not picked for it. Which kills me because they picked a few people who have either never been there or have only been once or twice.

So sorry for being so long winded (typed). I too am interested in what is found out.

Diane

daleswife
06-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Im going to apply as well. My mom found the article and told me about it. I am gonna fix my resume up tomorrow and send it in...wish me luck!!!

KristiMc
06-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I also work for them as a independent travel consultant. I have only booked one trip so far, it took a little over 3 months to get my commission and I also had to contact them by email before I was sent the check.

What you are paid is commission based - you get half of what the travel agency gets from Disney.

Grendalynn
06-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Subscribing!! I may need to do a little more research on the issue.... but soemthing worth looking into for sure :surfweb::wizard:

daleswife
06-08-2009, 09:53 PM
I just applied!!!! I dont have any travel agent experience, Im a pastry chef by trade and a stay at home mommy by profession...LOL. I hope I get a call back, Id love to do this!!!!

kadesha
06-08-2009, 11:32 PM
I applied! This would be so awesome!

jennifer293
06-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Here is the BBB report....NOT GOOD!!!

http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/travel-agencies-and-bureaus/galaxsea-cruises-in-east-brunswick-nj-16002512

The Princess
06-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Sometimes things seem to good to be true. Not wasting my time.

Niagara2
06-09-2009, 07:42 AM
One complaint in 36 months to BBB is not bad. The BBB is a private business and they probably do not pay the membership fee. So BBB will not do more than send one letter about the complaint. If you pay BBB a membership fee they will contact you again by phone and letter in case you missed that one letter or were still in process of working on the complaint. You can give the refund and unless you know to let BBB know you took care of it, this stays on your file. Yes, a business should take the time to check this site, but there rules are hard to follow some times if you do not pay them their fee.
I know nothing about the travel company good or bad, but one complaint in 36 months is not bad. I once worked for a hotel and they got an award for only getting 10 complaints to corporate in a quarter:confused3. Many people do not like to hear the rules, purchase non refundable tickets and expect refunds, do not cancel a guaranteed reservation, etc and think they can threaten to call BBB and the companies should get scared and refund.
Actually travel companies are known for the most complaints, even more than retail, so I would look at one complaint in three years as a good sign.
Good luck to all who apply. That would be something I would love to do also if I wasn't working full time.

poohbear158
06-09-2009, 10:33 AM
That link does not work.

http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/travel-agencies-and-bureaus/galaxsea-cruises-in-east-brunswick-nj-16002512

MariDisney
06-09-2009, 10:39 AM

Can you point out the things you think aren't good? I see the 1 complaint, but don't see anything else concerning.

daleswife
06-09-2009, 11:00 AM
I think the "F" rating is what she was referring too. But I dont think one complaint is bad....

jennifer293
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
yes it was the F rating I was referring to.

DVCBELLE
06-09-2009, 11:15 AM
I think the "F" rating is what she was referring too. But I dont think one complaint is bad....
One complaint might not be bad except there are TWO Disers on here who have had a bad experience with them. Do any of you really want to work for a company where you have to fight to get your commissions?

MariDisney
06-09-2009, 11:18 AM

Ah. I didn't see that at first. I wonder if it's because there is 1 complaint unresolved and that's the only issue making it a 0% resolution rate. I did read that a business has to pay to be accredited by the BBB, which seems shady in some way.

jennifer293
06-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I had the BBB contact my business to become a member and it is VERY expensive to become a member. I have also been on the other end and had to file a complaint with the BBB against another company and they do investigate the complaints through and through and I was very pleased. It even went so far that through all of these complaints against this business that the BBB had gotten the FTC involved and ended up shutting the business down. So I guess this is where the fee comes in so they can pay the people to investigate the claims. I know I sure would not want my business on that website with an F rating, and even if there was only one complaint I would not work or do business for anyone with an F rating.

PatriciaH
06-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Disney gives a 10% commission (DCL can be a bit more if the travel agency books a lot) and one person that worked with them said they get 1/2 of that (if they ever send it.) So a $2,500 trip would be $250 commission and 1/2 of that is $125. Not enough commission unless you are booking a ton. I managed a travel agency and would want at least 70% of the commission if I am doing most of the work. If they refer a lot it may be OK but I have never even heard of them. You would be better off finding a good host agency like Dreams Unlimited, Mouse Fan Travel, Small World Vacations, etc. that people actually use.

Disneyliscious
06-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I applied yesterday an got some generic email back today. After seeing 2 people here who had problems with them, Im not going to persue it. Im thinking they probably charge you for the underlined below.

Ahoy Carolyn !

Thank you for your email. May we ask how you heard about the sales
positions as we are tracking our advertising.

Currently we are expanding our Nationwide Sales Team of Authorized Disney
Vacation Planners to sell Disney Destination vacations based on an outside
sales commission only basis. This means you would be paid a commission
based on the sales that you generate and close for the company.

There is mandatory but complimentary training which must be completed as a
home study course. We also provide all of the support pieces that our team
members need such as brochures to promote the destinations.

Please review the "Join Our Team " link at www.myfavoritemouse.com.
If you would like to pursue this opportunity further email us again with
more details on your Disney Travel experiences and we will forward your
comments to the proper department for consideration.

Have a Magical Day !

Bon Voyage !

GalaxSea Cruises and Tours
www.myfavoritemouse.com

Malibelle
06-09-2009, 03:26 PM
For the two disers who worked with them. What kind of home based training was it? Do you go through online disney training? I would be willing to work for them just for the free training. Do you become a certified Disney Travel Planner or what ever disney calls it?

Don't forget, you usuallly don't get paided until the family actually takes thier trip, then the check comes from what I have read. So if they are not going in 6 months, you are not going to see your commision until after thier trip.

TRICKY_TINK
06-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I got the same email and they accidentally send me someone else "generic letter" my guess is they will "hire" everyone cause they make the largest part of the commission. I'm not going any further since others have had bad experiences.

JoiseyMom
06-09-2009, 05:38 PM
There are no referrals. It is all outside sales, you need to bring them the business.

The training is the College for Disney Knowledge exam from the Disney travel website (this is the travel agent website).

nancydrew79
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
For those that currently do and worked for them previously: Is the cost of the cards legit? Thats the only thing that made me pull back a bit.

Avonlady1001
06-10-2009, 04:03 PM
For the two disers who worked with them. What kind of home based training was it? Do you go through online disney training? I would be willing to work for them just for the free training. Do you become a certified Disney Travel Planner or what ever disney calls it?

Don't forget, you usuallly don't get paided until the family actually takes thier trip, then the check comes from what I have read. So if they are not going in 6 months, you are not going to see your commision until after thier trip.

That's correct. Disney sends the commission check to the company after the travel is complete. So if you book a trip for Sept 2010, don't expect to see a check until a few weeks after that. And 50% of the commission is pretty standard from what I understand. My Dsis is a travel agent & that's what she gets from her agency on her personal bookings (clients she brings to the agency.)

CLR4321
06-11-2009, 01:05 AM
I would not work for Galaxsea Tours & Cruises myself. They are one of the companies they warned us about when I was in travel school in 1999. Them and TPI Travel Services were mentioned as companies that should not be considered employment possibilities once we graduated. They are shady businesses that make money off of your work you have done. They pay low commission rates to independent agents and offer little to no support to their agents. TPI was in trouble with IATAN for selling IATAN cards to people at one point. They began heavily recruiting home-based travel agents at that point so they could make more money, and they charge a fee for a "membership" in order to be employed by them. It's a scam basically, just like those other work at home scams that guarantee $2000 per week after paying $300 for their "start-up kit".
If you do it...do NOT pay any money to them and do not expect to make much money, if any at all. Commissions are always paid after the travel, this should also be considered.

PatriciaH
06-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Not to be confused with Travel Planners International-they are a legit host company and member of PATH.