PDA

View Full Version : I've cracked my coccyx

jen_uk
06-08-2009, 07:53 AM
I was walking down the stairs of a Harvester yesterday and I slipped and fell and landed on the concrete right on my coccyx :headache: The pain was even worse today so I just went to my local walk in centre and they said I have cracked my coccyx. :guilty: The pain is unbelievable, I can't sit down or bend over. The hospital said that there is nothing they can do and it has to heal on its own which can take weeks or months, they have given me strong painkillers which will hopefully help the pain.

We are off to WDW in 8 weeks, I hope its better by then :sad1:

jjk
06-08-2009, 08:08 AM
ouch that sounds painful, hope it gets better quickly for you Jen :hug:

natalielongstaff
06-08-2009, 08:12 AM
ooh dear that sounds painful, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery xx

Pinky166
06-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Ouch!! I wish you a speedy recovery. :hug:

Goofysmate
06-08-2009, 08:26 AM
A big Ouch ,
I know how painful the Coccyx can be when you have problems with it.:eek:

hope you feel better soon :hug:

dolphingirl47
06-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Get yourself an inflatable ring like the kids use in a pool and sit on that. We have a number of people in our family and amongst our friends that cracked or broke their Coccyx and that was the only way they could sit. I hope that the pain killers work and that the healing process will be quick.

Corinna

PoppyAnna
06-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Ouch! Hope you manage to heal quickly. It's making me wince just thinking about the pain you're in. Wish you better, Jen.

Have you tried sitting on a inflatable rubber ring?

A big Ouch ,
I know how painful the Coccyx can be when you have problems with it.:eek:

hope you feel better soon :hug:

Same here.
I smashed mine pretty bad when I was a little girl (about 8, I think), and although I have no memory of it, my Mum says it was pretty bad and I was in bed for all of the summer holidays.

PoppyAnna
06-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Get yourself an inflatable ring like the kids use in a pool and sit on that. We have a number of people in our family and amongst our friends that cracked or broke their Coccyx and that was the only way they could sit. I hope that the pain killers work and that the healing process will be quick.

Corinna

Think Corinna posted as I was typing......:lmao:
Great minds.....:thumbsup2

mandymouse
06-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Oh no Jen, that sounds so painful :hug: I hope it gets better long before your holiday :thumbsup2

Haworthfamily
06-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Jen, sending you hugs. :grouphug:

I wish there was an emote for healing dust! Sorry your in pain.

Sarah X

Latte Lover
06-08-2009, 09:12 AM
You poor thing. It sounds so painful. Hope you have a quick recovery. :hug:

darthtatty
06-08-2009, 09:28 AM
aww poor you, hope it heals better soon.xx:goodvibes

Minniespal
06-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Hope you recover quickly Jen:hug:

CustardTart
06-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Awww, you poor thing!!! Sounds really horrible, Jen. :sad2: Fingers crossed it heals asap and doesn't interfere with your WDW plans... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Gaynor
06-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Ouch! hope it heals soon Jen :goodvibes

DisneyJo
06-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Ouch that sounds so painful, I hope the pain killers work and it heals quickly :hug:

jen_uk
06-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks everyone :hug:

tennisfan
06-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Hope it gets better quickly:hug:

Snowy-girls
06-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Aww Jen,i feel for you i really do :hug:.Although i have'nt been thru it myself,i have seen my Mum go thru it.She ended up staying with me,my nan+grandad as she could'nt do anything for herself.She fell whislt standing on a chair into a narrow gap-i have never heard my Mum scream like that before :sad2:.I agree with a few other disser's,about an inflatable ring-the hospital recommended this to my Mum,i wish you a speedy recovery+take things easy :hug::wizard:.x.

joolz1910
06-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I feel sorry for you - your description of the fall made me feel queasy, it must have been really painful. When I had coccyx pain during my pregnancies, I sat on a gymball/exericise ball thingy. I got one from Argos for about 12 - apparently it helps your posture too because it tilts your pelvis forward when you sit. Might be worth a try.

Isn't tennisfan (Nikki) a physio? She would be able to give you good advice.

Tinks1984
06-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Oh dear Jen! Sounds very painful indeed :sad1: Hope you have a speedy recovery and that for now, the painkillers work for you! :hug:

florida sun
06-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Hope you feel better soon Jen:hug:

Ware Bears
06-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Ouch :eek:

Hope it heals really soon :hug: and especially for your WDW hols. :wizard:

TinkTatoo
06-09-2009, 02:25 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Jen, I did the same many years ago when I slipped down the stairs at home and landed down on my coccyx. I had a long thin bruise come up right across my bum and boy was it painful. The others have given some good advice but even when the initial pain has gone it will be sore and uncomfortable to sit on hard surfaces for a very, very long time so keep that in mind.

It could be worth making sure you have pain killers for the flight (sitting down for that long might aggravate it) and also take something soft to sit on - you can use it on the plane and also for hard seating at shows in WDW (like Fantasmic etc.,)

Take care :hug:

Trilli-magic
06-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Ouch!
Hope it heals soon xx

minimandymouse
06-09-2009, 07:58 AM
i have had that problem for years
i have had those cortizone injections which helped
i also take those blow up neck supports to sit on the plane and also sit on them at the parks
very economical and space saving too i take about 5 with me just incase they break
take lots of painkillers (i take padadol) but each to their own
have a lovely time and don't worry
love
Mandy
xxx

minimandymouse
06-09-2009, 07:59 AM
sorry i meant panadol painkillers

carolfoy
06-09-2009, 11:49 AM
oh hun I am sorry, that is awful, just make sure you take lots of rest and make Alex do all the housework!
fingers crossed for you that you're feeling better soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

jen_uk
06-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Well I had a risk assessment at work today and they have ordered me a doughnut cushion which hopefully won't take too long to get. The painkillers are helping, I can sit down if I lean forward but I can't sit for more then 30 mins without seizing up and then needing help to stand up, that will be fun in 8 weeks when I'm on the flight! :rolleyes:

Snowy-girls
06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Well I had a risk assessment at work today and they have ordered me a doughnut cushion which hopefully won't take too long to get. The painkillers are helping, I can sit down if I lean forward but I can't sit for more then 30 mins without seizing up and then needing help to stand up, that will be fun in 8 weeks when I'm on the flight! :rolleyes:

Thats the name of it,i was trying to think of it.Glad you will be getting one,that helped my Mum.
Hopefully it will feel much better by the time you fly :wizard:.x.

Nix
06-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Ouch! Oh my goodness that sounds so painful, I hope you recover soon x

wicket2005
06-10-2009, 06:29 AM
So sorry to hear this, hope you make a speedy recovery. I know it is a broken bone but the skin around it may be bruised so deep heat and deep freeze may help with the muscles.:hug: