PDA

View Full Version : For the ladies - Advice please - where to buy swimsuits for the "well endowed" woman?

chocolate_monsta
06-07-2009, 11:01 PM
And when I say well endowed - I am talking G cup. I'm not sure what your US bra sizes are, but I'm an average, if not a little cuddly build (see photo of me and OH with Micky in 06, prob put on a few kg since then but you get the idea) but I have big ****s. I find it almost impossible to buy bra's and harder still to buy swimsuits.

I am hoping to purchase one in the USA as it's winter here in Australia and none of the stores have any. I was just wondering if any of you lovely ladies know of anywhere I can buy a reasonably priced swimsuit for someone with big bazooka's. Obviously string bikini's etc are out!!! The problem I have is even the plus size swimsuits (of which I am not - take a size 14 jeans at old navy) still don't have enough room to cover "the girls".

I have a couple of days to shop in NYC before heading on my holiday, and would love to grab something in this time if possible. Do you have any brands that allow for bigger ****s. Again - i don't need a plus size suit - i'm a pretty average, or just over average when it comes to the bottoms - it's just the top half needs to hold in and cover my ****s.

Any advice/tips apreciated! :)

I wasn't sure where to put this, but decided on budget as generally big **** bra's and swimsuits here are hard to find and when you do find - VERY expensive - i'm on a bidget so if anyone knows of somewhere that will not only fit, but will also be affordable - that will be FANTASTIC! :)

CLR4321
06-08-2009, 12:52 AM
I am a but "pooh sized" myself and was looking at this article about swim suits for different body types to try some find something that will make me look better in a swim suit: http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/everyday-style/staticslideshowglamour.aspx?cp-documentid=19543154 Check out pages 7 and 8. Those are for people in your situation needing extra coverage. It lists brand names, stores, and average prices. Good luck! :thumbsup2

BTW, don't let the prices scare you...the ones they show are examples. You should be able to find cheaper ones.

Cruise
06-08-2009, 12:57 AM
I can't say as I've ever seen swimsuits that would fit your needs in a retail shop, but I haven't been looking either, so there you have it :)

However, a quick web search brought up a couple of places that have swimsuits that go up to a G cup.

http://www.bravissimo.com/

http://www.figleaves.com/

Good luck :)

chocolate_monsta
06-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Thank you ladies! :) These websites don't work at work (apprently it's rude to look at bra's!) so I'll check them out at home!

There are a couple of brands here in Australia that cater for the ample chested lady, however they don't come cheap, and being the middle of winter you can not find them anywhere and the websites have sold out of anything above a DD.

I did do some google searches but could only find swimwear up to a DD (which is apprently the biggest anybody who wears swimwear is). I really want to enjoy my time in the water parks and discovery cove, but need to find something to cover the "girls" first! :)

Keep them coming - and thank you! :) :) :)

pezheadmeg
06-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Miracle Suit, but you need to order on-line. They only stock up to a DD, but it is a very generous DD cup. I'm a DDD (F), and I'm fine in the DD as long as I go up a swimsuit size. It can be pricey but it does work. I usually get mine off of cyberswim.com. They have underwire and plenty of non skimpy coverage. Also when you get over here try COCO reef, the department stores carry them, and they're sized by bra size.

I can't do plus-size either, I'm a size 10 on a fat day. I order the tankini tops, that way I can still wear the cute boy short bottoms I can buy in a conventional store.

agnes!
06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
I would ask on the Community Board for swimsuit shopping advice for ideas on specific stores in NY, I am *certain* that you'll be able to find the perfect suit in New York, kind of along the lines of "If you can't find it there, you can't find it anywhere".

Good luck, I have the same issue. I used to love the underwire bra MiracleSuits (available extensively online) but I don't think their DD cups will fit your G's the way you'd like. You probably can find a size-converter online somewhere, but I think the British "G" is the US "H"?

I used to get custom suits (those were the days!), but the shop moved and no one else around here does custom suits in what I need.... Maybe I should go shopping in NYC too.

agnes!

chocolate_monsta
06-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks Ladies! And yes - no way in high heavens i'd be able to squish them into a DD. G is actually too small - but the largest we can get here - and the closest I can get to something that fits. It's made harder because I am not that big everywhere else.

Will see if I can find that other board! :) And that's what I figured, if NYC the shopping capital (of my world at least) does not have them at the start of summer - who will?

kat3668
06-08-2009, 06:45 PM
They have really nice suits at www.landsend.com
They sell seperates that run up to a DDD with bust minimizer,
I have a few lands end suits and love the quality of them!
Maybe you could order a few and have them shipped to a Sears store in New york so you could try them on.
Good Luck! :goodvibes

TiredX2
06-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Another option is to go with a racing style suit. I am not as "busty" (DD) but a snug racing suit always works for me--- Speedo, Nike, TYR, etc..

chocolate_monsta
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Ha ha - thanks for the suggestions... Sadly - a DD size would barely cover them - there would be bits falling out all over the place!!! I am very seriously G (or H when I can get them - which is almost never) cup size.

Is Sears good for clothes etc? I want to get cheap holiday clothes and have been told to try walmart. I've done USA target before which is cheaper than ours - and read about sears once in a book - is this another large department store?

Mom 2 Two
06-08-2009, 09:41 PM
I love Land's End suits. I am plus size with a large bust, and they are the only suits I have worn for over 10 years now. Their suits hold the girls in! I am not sure about your bust size, though because I need all over plus size. I like the suggestion of having lands end shipped to a sears store. Sears is what I would call a "discount" department store. Less expensive than Macy's, but more expensive than Walmart.