PDA

View Full Version : AKL Concierge

BVC4us
06-07-2009, 09:37 PM
We thought we might like to use points to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge next time we go. We own at Boardwalk so we can't make reservations until 7 months out. Do you think we would still be able to get a studio concierge at Animal Kingdom or do you think this fills up quickly?

Thanks

yandbfan
06-07-2009, 10:38 PM
...we own at Boardwalk so we can't make reservations until 7 months out. Do you think we would still be able to get a studio concierge at Animal Kingdom or do you think this fills up quickly?

Thanks

We own at SSR and were able to get a 1 BR at Jambo concierge without any problems. Demand for Kidani may be higher. We also are not booking around major holidays. We booked for Mid-July.

Jillpie
06-07-2009, 10:41 PM
It is very, very difficult to get. And it fills up very quickly. Give it a try, I was unable to get it after trying for about 6 months this past April trip.

LisaS
06-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Only Jambo House has Concierge rooms. There are a total of five 2BR lockoffs, so there are at most 10 rooms if they are all rented as 1BRs and studios. Some people have managed to book it 7 months out. I would call right at 9am on the day your 7-month window opens. Good luck!

disneynutz
06-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Only Jambo House has Concierge rooms. There are a total of five 2BR lockoffs, so there are at most 10 rooms if they are all rented as 1BRs and studios. Some people have managed to book it 7 months out. I would call right at 9am on the day your 7-month window opens. Good luck!

That's 5 studios or less.

bobbiwoz
06-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Like most other villas, weekends may be easier at 7 months. If you want it, call as soon as you can and waitlist if necessary. I hope you get it.:wizard:

Bobbi:goodvibes

pyrxtc
06-08-2009, 08:42 AM
I think it all depends on what month and dates you want to be there. Some are impossible but some may work. I think that with more people buying into AKV's Kidani and want to try the concierge rooms, it will get harder and harder.

kgc07
06-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Most, if not all of the concierge rooms are booked at the 11 month window. That said, cancellations happen. I keep reading reports of people who are able to book at room at the 7 month window. I would make sure to call right at 9 am. I was on the phone at 9 am this morning to book a concierge room for next May. Good luck!

LisaS
06-08-2009, 10:59 AM
When we stayed there I asked one of the CMs which room type books up most quickly. He said the studios go first. So you may find that the studios are gone at 7 months but a 1BR might be still available.