PDA

View Full Version : shared ownership

minimandymouse
06-07-2009, 04:58 AM
trying to sell my shared ownership house any ideas

mark&sue
06-07-2009, 12:41 PM
After about 8 weeks your lease should allow you sell on the open market through an estate agent. The Housing Association should be able to advise you.

I work for our local authority and we advertise all shared ownership properties free of charge for our sellers. Perhaps your local authority will have a list of interested applicants.

Good luck.

Susan

minimandymouse
06-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the info
you don't wanna buy it do you?
he he

emily1982
06-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Do u know it's quite ironic you've put this post on as ive just been to view a shared ownership flat tonight!

gemmybear83
06-09-2009, 04:41 PM
After about 8 weeks your lease should allow you sell on the open market through an estate agent. The Housing Association should be able to advise you.

I work for our local authority and we advertise all shared ownership properties free of charge for our sellers. Perhaps your local authority will have a list of interested applicants.

Good luck.

Susan

I was just about to say the same thing ;)

If your trying to sell the property with an estate agent I would try to include as much information about how shared ownership works with your home information pack and get the estate agent to a link to some info on the webiste. People are often put off shared ownership because they don't understand it or there isnt enough information "out there" .

Good luck :wizard: