PDA

View Full Version : VGC Owners Confirmed Reservations

dvcaddict!
06-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Just looking for everyone to post their confirmed reservations for VGC. It will be interesting to see what people will be able to obtain. Looking for a studio opening night myself...... :goodvibes

DVC Mike
06-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Good luck to all the VGC owners calling today!

kerickson
06-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Just waiting for the phone lines to open, this East Coast time is killing me! I'm trying for April so shouldn't be too tough. Good luck to those looking to go opening day or in Dec!

icydog
06-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Is today opening day, June 7th?

MagicalPins
06-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Quick and easy! CONFIRMED for 1 Studio Opening Night and 1 Studio on New Years Eve!

Disney_Villain
06-07-2009, 09:08 AM
We just made our 1st reservation at VGC for February 2010 (6 nights in a studio). It was easy to get through to MS - no sitting on hold. :cool1:

justkeepswimmin
06-07-2009, 09:14 AM
No wait! Dec 6-9 2 BBDRM. SO happy!!!

kerickson
06-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Easy and the CM was very knowledgable about the DL specifics. Booked 4 nights the last week of April '10!

April 26-30 in a 1BR. Can't wait! Hopefully the World of Color show will be running by then!

The Red Head
06-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Got a studio for NYE. A Studio in Jan for NAMM weekend. And a grand villa and a 2 bdr the same night in Feb for my bday.

VallCopen
06-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Just waiting for the phone lines to open, this East Coast time is killing me! I'm trying for April so shouldn't be too tough. Good luck to those looking to go opening day or in Dec!

I hear you...Barely awake right now, only went to sleep 3 hours ago. I thought I could make it until 6:00 am but decided to catch some zzzz's and set alarm for 6:00. Currently I am on hold right now. In fact I think it is my turn now.:cool1:

Yeah!!! We got it..... 2 bedroom first week in Jan. for 6 nights.:thumbsup2 Actually that went very smooth to be honest and it was even our first time booking. Thank you for everyones help and input, hope you all get what you want too.

squidmo
06-07-2009, 09:23 AM
We got a studio for opening night- woohoo!

toocherie
06-07-2009, 09:24 AM
CONFIRMED!

October 22-25=-=studio

November 4-6=-=studio

February 27-March 2 =-= two studios

April 1-3=-= studio

Of course, now I've thought of one more date so am calling back and on hold . . . . . . if I don't get through no biggie--the ones I really needed are DONE. I had no wait the first time through either. I guess people have woken up now that it's 6:24 a.m. here!

EDITED TO ADD:

Also got opening night--September 23rd--in a studio (there were two left!)

And October 15 =-= studio for Mickey's Trick or Treat Party!

darby888
06-07-2009, 09:37 AM
15 mintue wait...not bad for the 1st day, I think. It's my first time ever....my cm was very very nice, which helped alot....:wizard:

Nov. 25 - 2 Bedroom, Wed night before Thksgvg

&

Oct 2 - Studio, Fri night kick-off for Gay Days Weekend
Never been during this time. It'll be mom, sister & myself. DH & DD will have to stay home for this one.

dizneygirlz3
06-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi, I have a 2 Bedroom booked for Dec. 2-4!!! :yay:I called at 6:15 and was on hold for probably 10 minutes, but it was easy and no problems....

Cherta
06-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Called at 6 am PST, got connected to a cast member, and secured a 1 BR for Friday and Saturday night in April.....

WDWfantasy
06-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Another west coaster up early :eek:. Dialed at 5:59 am and was off the phone by 6:10.

November 11 - 16 STUDIO

:cool1:

pycees312
06-07-2009, 09:49 AM
So excited booked Oct 09 1bedroom 3 nights. And march 2010 for 4nights studio. Quick and easy ressie was probably the fastest ressie I've made. No putting me on hold to call the disneyland resort! Glad to see everyone get their desired dates.

WainerDude
06-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Booked a studio for two nights, Nov. 20-21. Only on hold for 15 minutes. Also used developer points to book a one night stay at the Grand Californian hotel on Aug. 31.

dvcaddict!
06-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Got my reservations quick and easy with no wait time at all! Nice to see all you west coasters up early for VGC. I live only twenty minutes away from DLR! Got my ressie for opening night in a studio and a grand villa for a couple nights in Jan for my DW's birthday! Did anyone from the east coast make a call today? Gonna be so excited to see you all on opening day. Whoever gets a grand villa should let us all in to take a little peek. LOL

dvcaddict!
06-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Is today opening day, June 7th?

No, today is the first day for owners at VGC to make reservations. Opening day of the villas is wednsday sept 23rd.

stopher1
06-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Confirmed a Studio for Dec 3 & 4 ... just me. Our first family trip won't be til Fall 2010 so that's all I needed this morning. Wait time was about 15 min.

malonefamily
06-07-2009, 10:59 AM
My alarm (iPhone) failed me, and so did the backup system (one year old who wakes up early every day but today). So I called only moments ago assuming that all my fellow DVCers would have filled the place. Luckily we got our first choice: :dance3:

http://beta.algore.org/~dylan/GCV_Ressie.gif

Looking so forward to this little trip. I hope that California Adventure isn't in too horrible of shape from the construction when we get there... we actually love that park, despite it's relative unpopularity with most Disneyphiles. :yay:

grizbuzz
06-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Called shortly after 6am and had about a 5 minute wait.
No problem getting 1 bdrm for Feb 14-17.:thumbsup2

maberlyne
06-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Wow, I called at around 9 AM PST and got right in. No waiting on hold at all!

Anyway, I got two separate 3 night stays, one in December (Christmas!) and one in March (our 5 year anniversary, awww).

The CM I talked to was really sweet. She said as soon as the phones turned on, "they lit up like a Christmas tree!" LOL! She said she looked and at one point, 120 people were on HOLD!!!! Crazy! But she also said it kinda tapered off quickly.

I'm so excited! Yay Disneyland! Now only if our lithographs or whatever would come!!

OrthoDad
06-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Just got off the phone at 9:30 PST...only 2 minute wait. Booked 3 day stay at 2BR the week before Christmas!

We can't wait!

W

disney4metoo
06-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Easy smeesy! I was up at 5:45AM and at 6:00 AM booked a Grand Villa at end of Sept. for two nights and a dedicated two bedroom for December 1-3!

wdw4life
06-07-2009, 12:40 PM
I was up at 6:00 A.M. Got all the dates I wanted. :banana:

Opening day- studio

Oct 30-Nov 1- studio

Dec 23-25- 1 bdrm

Dec 31- studio

Feb 13-15- studio.

I will also be booking 4th of July when the 11 month window opens. Also may change the Feb visit once I know when WOC opens.

disney4metoo
06-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Got my reservations quick and easy with no wait time at all! Nice to see all you west coasters up early for VGC. I live only twenty minutes away from DLR! Got my ressie for opening night in a studio and a grand villa for a couple nights in Jan for my DW's birthday! Did anyone from the east coast make a call today? Gonna be so excited to see you all on opening day. Whoever gets a grand villa should let us all in to take a little peek. LOL

I got a Grand Villa at the end of September! I will definitely do a live report with pics!

dcfromva
06-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Did anyone from the east coast make a call today? Gonna be so excited to see you all on opening day. Whoever gets a grand villa should let us all in to take a little peek. LOL

Yes! :thumbsup2 Opening night for us, too. :) :woohoo:

This went a lot smoother than when BLT/THV opened (for reservations). :)

hjgaus
06-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Called about 9:15 am (west coast) and asked for 1 bedroom on Thurs. April 29 - Sun. May 1. NO wait time or hassles !! So nice not to wake up at the crack of dawn to make a ressie! Usually do it for Dec. @ WDW. Looking forward to the first of many
weekend getaways!!

Edlyn from So. Cal
VGC - 2010
BCV - 2008
BCV - 2007
BCV - 2005

harpetj
06-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Got a studio for 12/5-12/9 at about 6:30 am, no wait and an AWESOME CM! Such a breeze, it almost seemed too easy! Now on to booking airfare! So excited to celebrate my baby boy's 1st Bday at Disneyland!

drewmisha
06-07-2009, 07:29 PM
It was really easy to book this morning. I asked the CM about view options for the VGC and there was disney california adventure view or street view. I chose the park view. I thought the villas were always park view. Did we ever find out where our villas are located and on what floor?

Is there an observation area to watch the woc show and do they limit it to members similar to limiting it to the BLT guests? Do we have to park across the street or can we park in the underground garage?

been2marceline
06-07-2009, 07:40 PM
1 BR for 11/25 to 11/29.

Only took a few minutes, got in right at 6:00.

VallCopen
06-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Got a studio for 12/5-12/9 at about 6:30 am, no wait and an AWESOME CM! Such a breeze, it almost seemed too easy! Now on to booking airfare! So excited to celebrate my baby boy's 1st Bday at Disneyland!

Hey there neighbor (60 miles west of Spokane) we too are DVC members at the Grand and can't wait for our trip in a 2 bedroom for 6 days come Jan. with our girls DD2 DD12. Have a great time on your sons birthday in December. Let us all know what you think of the villas (we bought sight unseen so we are wondering).

VallCopen
06-07-2009, 07:59 PM
It was really easy to book this morning. I asked the CM about view options for the VGC and there was disney california adventure view or street view. I chose the park view. I thought the villas were always park view. Did we ever find out where our villas are located and on what floor?

Is there an observation area to watch the woc show and do they limit it to members similar to limiting it to the BLT guests? Do we have to park across the street or can we park in the underground garage?

I heard from my guide that the villas were either pool view or park (pier area) view so it will be very interesting when people start staying there to see what they have to say. I sure hope we don't have street views - you would think for as much as we have to pay we would have better views than that.:confused3
There is an observation area on the roof to watch the woc show but I think it might be available to all the Grand guests. As far as parking I did hear there was underground parking but I do not know if it is available for us to use or if they are only using it for the valet.

rmonty02
06-07-2009, 09:03 PM
I called in right at 6am and was the first call for the CM! Very easy!:thumbsup2 This will be our first ever DVC trip.

We'll be HOME Nov. 15 - 20th in a dedicated 2bd room, for my birthday Yeah!:cool1:

Can't wait to hear all about Opening Day and everyone's trip suggestions before mine.:yay:

minniemoms
06-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Set my phone to wake me up at 5:45. Called at exactly 6:OO AM I was my CM's first call this morning. Got everything I wanted. I am going 3- 2day trips, and 2- 3 day trips. 1 in a one bedroom, the rest in Studio. CM was so nice. Very easy, Much easier than when I booked the SSR. I am so excited. Now If I can only find a faster way down than 6 hours in a car. But it is longer to fly by the time we drive to 2 hours to an airport, get there early, the flight and the shuttle to the hotel, we might as well drive... Speed train from Northern California down to DL.... Oh Yea:banana:

The Rivers' Rats
06-08-2009, 01:18 AM
We got through in no time at all this morning! I think the total time for the call was less than ten minutes.

Got our reservations in a one bedroom unit from Sept. 30 through Oct. 3. We are already staying at the Grand Californian on Developer Points from Sept. 26 through the 30th, so the early opening of the DVC units was a perfect excuse to stay a few more nights and be among the first to experience the magic on the villas!

:thumbsup2

toocherie
06-08-2009, 01:24 AM
did anyone else feel like there just wasn't really any drama with the first morning of reservations today? everything went so smoothly--my recollection was that when some of the other DVCs opened there was a lot of unhappy people and grumbling.

could it be because GCV is so small?

minniemoms
06-08-2009, 03:21 AM
I have never been in on the first of a resort except for this one. And I thought it was wonderful. I was SO dreading this morning. I thought I would be on hold for hours. It took maybe 10 minutes.
I remember when the Disney Magic came out to the West Coast for the first time, and I was on hold for Way over an hour to book it. So I thought It would be this way, and I was so pleasantly suprised.

disnefile
06-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I got on in 5 minutes and got what I wanted. I think there are not a lot of owners yet at VGC and the resort is small so that is what made it so easy. I think June 21 will be a lot harder since you will have all other resort owners making plans.

Grumpygrandpa
06-08-2009, 10:50 AM
I can't get up that early on a Sunday! I finally called at 9am PST (a little worried about getting 5 days at spring break ) and had no problem. No wait and got the dates I wanted for a 1 bedroom. March 28th through April 2:thumbsup2

Meriweather
06-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Just booked 4 nights in April this morning :yay:
About 7:30 PST ....no wait at all.

barngro
06-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Dec. 20th and 21st, DL Hotel using SSR points. Dec. 22nd-26th GVC 2 bedroom. Piece of cake getting through on Sunday morning. Another Christmas a Disneyland! Already planning decorations to make to take with us.

Dvc CA
06-08-2009, 03:54 PM
I just bought on Saturday. My guide said that its only about 25% sold at this point, so I would expect that there isnt a huge rush of owners booking yet.

DVC Mike
06-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I just bought on Saturday.

Congrats!

Lisacope
06-09-2009, 12:40 AM
I called at 6:00am PST and got through easily - got a ressie for 3 nights in a 1 bdr for Dec 23-26th!!!

The CM asked me what I was celebrating - I said Xmas of course!!! He paused a minute and said - there is no check box for that!!! :lmao:

disneydawn6
06-09-2009, 02:52 AM
called at 5:59 PST. Got through right away and got my NYE studio Dec 29 -Jan 1 and week after Easter studio April 6 -9 oh and Halloween trick or treat Oct 1-4th. Just bought the tickets too:cool1::cool1: Got to wait now for my next June dates.....

justkeepswimmin
06-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Just called this morning and made my 2nd reservation with my VGC points. I got a studio for 2 nights, May 9-11th. May 9th is Mother's Day so Happy Mother's Day to me :goodvibes! Super easy to make the reservation and the MS representative could not have been more helpful.

We are staying in a 2 BDRM in december so I am a litttle worried we will get spoiled but I wanted to conserve some points. As it is, I had to borrow 9 from 2010 points so I think am already experiencing the early stages of addonitis ;)

Lucille1963
06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Congratulations Everyone!

I hope to have a reservation there later in the month!

stampinshauna
06-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Jusr booked a studio for January when we'll be in CA to see Mary Poppins!:goodvibes

SoCalKDG
06-09-2009, 03:34 PM
After reading all these ressies being made I became jealous :mad: so I decided to book one night.

So picked up a studio Oct. 22. I'll meet the family right after work, check in, have dinner at DTD, get the kids into costume for the DCA Halloween party, carry them back to the room through the DCA/GC entrance and put them to bed. Then I'll relax on the balcony before drifting off to sleep.

Next morning we will head into DL as I'll take a day off from work and pull the oldest daughter out of the 2nd grade for one day. :confused3 Before anyone yells it should be noted that she will have the same teacher in the 2nd grade that she had in the first grade and was her top student, so one day should be ok. :) Thats my story, I'm sticking with it. :thumbsup2

Head back to the room at 11 and move our stuff to the car, then back to DL for the day. Drive home that evening. A perfect daycation.

utahkennedys
06-09-2009, 04:26 PM
I just booked a 1BR for May 9-12 -- so easy! I guess it won't be easy forever once the resort sells out, but this was a nice first reservation experience there! :lmao:

ACDSNY
06-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Looks like I was the only one with phone trouble Sunday...was up at 5:55AM, started calling at 6AM only to have the first two tries just ring and ring after the first selection. Got through on third try.

10/14 - 10/17/09 Dedicated 2 bedroom and will hit the 10/15 Trick or Treat Party

JimC
06-09-2009, 06:39 PM
When I called Sunday at 9:01 am the phone system seemed to be running slowly, probably the volume of calls being managed. But it still only took a few of minutes waiting on hold once in the queue. The reservation went quickly and the CM was probably one of the best I have ever interacted with. I gave her exceptional marks in the survey after the call. Booked in for three nights next March after a week in Palm Desert.

hilarys
06-18-2009, 07:44 PM
We did not get up extra early to book, but were able to book December 27/28/29 1Br on that first morning of reservations. First Christmas visit. We are considering doing the special Christmas tour that gives you priority seating for the parade.:thumbsup2

lulubelle
06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
We got the dates we wanted right away, too.

Oct 23 Studio - going to a b-day lunch for a friend and then to the DCA Halloween party that night. Then moving to Hojo's for two nights.

And May 8-11 Studio - Happy Mother's Day to me!

Might add other dates later, not sure.
I cannot wait to stay there.:)

VallCopen
06-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Called today and changed my original ressie in Jan. to late October. Got a 2 bedroom villa for a week with no problems. I think if it starts filling up it will be after this weekend when it opens to all DVC'ers, but I believe it will still be pretty easy for ressies until they sell more points at VGC.

Nikisha421
06-19-2009, 03:26 AM
as always i am late to finding this thread....but congrats to all of you for getting what you wanted...i am hoping that i will be able to get a 5 day stay during presidents week...it will be our first time in california ever...geez

Quick and easy! CONFIRMED for 1 Studio Opening Night and 1 Studio on New Years Eve!
omg...so jealous
We just made our 1st reservation at VGC for February 2010 (6 nights in a studio). It was easy to get through to MS - no sitting on hold. :cool1:

i wish i were you...right now

nunzia
06-19-2009, 07:53 AM
I have a studio on May 12 and 13.
:) Food and Wine time:)

Anjelica
06-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Congrats to everyone on their vacation plans. I am NOT an owner at VGC BUT am hoping to get 5 nights in November. We hope to get a studio for November 20th-25th. I plan on calling first thing Sunday morning. I have no idea how many other folks will be calling on that day but good luck to those folks as well!!

ACDSNY
06-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Congrats to everyone on their vacation plans. I am NOT an owner at VGC BUT am hoping to get 5 nights in November. We hope to get a studio for November 20th-25th. I plan on calling first thing Sunday morning. I have no idea how many other folks will be calling on that day but good luck to those folks as well!!

I think you'll have a pretty good chance as the average owner may not be paying too much attention to reservation dates and that VGC is opening early.

ScooterL
06-21-2009, 09:36 AM
I called right at 6:00 this morning and was able to book the two visits that I wanted - opening weekend and a weekend in October. I got right in and wasn't on hold at all, though for some reason once I got past the first Villas announcement I didn't get any menu options either time. When in doubt, just press "1" and "1"!

Anjelica
06-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Called this morning right at 800 (CT) and got the studio for 5 nights - November 20th-25th. Excited as I haven't been to Disneyland since the early 80's and my children have never been.

Mattsmommy
06-21-2009, 10:18 AM
I called at 940 and was able to get what I wanted. I got October 9-18 in a studio. I can't wait to go!!!!

Nikisha421
06-21-2009, 10:20 AM
I am so jealous that I have to wait until July to make my ressie...I am so hoping for February 2010!

DisneyDreamers2007
06-21-2009, 11:38 AM
We got 2 nights in a studio for our upcoming visit on Sept 27 & 28th. Everything went smoothly, about 5 min on hold and the CM was really nice. I'm so glad we were able to get in, I think it will be much harder next year when the resort has sold out more. We own only at BWV (for now) and I am so excited for this opportunity to check out GCV during opening week! :banana:

Did anyone request a certain view type? I forgot to ask about that. :confused3

amyup
06-21-2009, 11:58 AM
I just got off the phone and got 12/9-12/12 in a 1 bedroom!:banana::banana:
Got right through!

I requested a California Adventure view. Now we'll see if I can hold off and not add on when I'm down there on Wednesday!

ACDSNY
06-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Congrats to all non-owners on their reservations! Watch out for add-on-itis...you'll want some points after you stay.

CAL DIS2007
06-21-2009, 10:32 PM
HI ACDSNY - We're neighbors; I took my car into the EG automall for service this past Friday. We booked VGC this morning and we're going 10/10 - 10/17 Now I remember that Columbus Day probably won't be a holiday this year for us.
I'm hoping to get one of those Costco AP's like you posted about; but wouldn't be able to get one until we drive down to LA in October. Any other tips for getting the Costco Disney AP???? Thanks!!!!

ACDSNY
06-22-2009, 11:15 AM
HI ACDSNY - We're neighbors; I took my car into the EG automall for service this past Friday. We booked VGC this morning and we're going 10/10 - 10/17 Now I remember that Columbus Day probably won't be a holiday this year for us.
I'm hoping to get one of those Costco AP's like you posted about; but wouldn't be able to get one until we drive down to LA in October. Any other tips for getting the Costco Disney AP???? Thanks!!!!

If you're driving the Garden Grove Costco is probably to closest to DLR, there should be a few along I-5 too. I've seen posts that the Fresno Costco has them too if you're taking a trip that get you down there before October.

I called the Costco the day before our trip to make sure they still had them in April.

shannoook
06-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm so excited - I called 1st thing yesterday & was able to book our trip 11/29 - 12/2 in a 2 bedroom!! :banana:

lurkyloo
06-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Called this morning right at 800 (CT) and got the studio for 5 nights - November 20th-25th.

:headache: The person we rent from was on hold with MS yesterday trying to get us a studio on Nov. 25 and right at 5pm ET the system disconnected her call. When she tried today, all she could do was get on the waitlist... :sad2:

Lucille1963
06-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Yesterday, morning I was driving around the northwoods of Wisconsin trying to get a cell phone signal. Talk about a bad time to be on vacation! Thankfully I found a spot right when MS opened and I got right through. I booked a 1br for January 20-27!

Longhairbear
07-08-2009, 05:01 AM
A non GVC owner/ CA resident here, and just got my first choice for a one bedroom for a few nights in Nov. We plan to cook a full turkey dinner in room, and do some Christmas shopping, and relax, relax, relax.

SoCalKDG
07-08-2009, 04:13 PM
So I booked June 6th - June 11th 1 bedroom with park view request. Also checked and found out they still have Oct. 22 studio available. Until the resort is sold out I think rooms are going to be available inside 7 months no problem.

toocherie
07-08-2009, 04:15 PM
So I booked June 6th - June 11th 1 bedroom with park view request. Also checked and found out they still have Oct. 22 studio available. Until the resort is sold out I think rooms are going to be available inside 7 months no problem.

Except for holiday periods--I'm on waitlist for first weekend in December 2009 for a studio.

SuzanneSLO
07-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Except for holiday periods--I'm on waitlist for first weekend in December 2009 for a studio.

Me too! I am waitlisted for Sunday, 12/6. -- Suzanne

Guapy
07-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Booked for a studio 12/1 - 12/4!

wideeyedwonder
07-10-2009, 12:16 AM
We just booked a 2BR "lock-off" (we are traveling with another family) Feb 7-10 2010

minniemoms
07-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Ok this is crazy I am on a waitlist for Dec 6 too. I actually have a 1 bedroom booked, but I want the studio instead.. But I can live the 1 bedroom, just didn't want to use that many points... Good luck to all of us trying to get it..

KAT4DISNEY
07-10-2009, 03:09 AM
Is the 6th an expected night for the Candlelight Processional? Or did everyone just think it would be slow?!?! :rotfl:

I hope that everyone get's their waitlists!!

Yesterday I booked a studio for June 8-12, 2010 for my BD celebration!

SuzanneSLO
07-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Is the 6th an expected night for the Candlelight Processional? Or did everyone just think it would be slow?!?! :rotfl:

I hope that everyone get's their waitlists!!

Yes, it should be the second night of the CP and since it's a Sunday, fewer points than Sat 12/5, which should be the first CP night. We didn't try for 12/5 since we plan to be in DT LA that night at Mary Poppins!

If we don't get the GCV for 12/6, we will either stay PP if there is a good cash rate or just stay at the Sheraton. -- Suzanne

nuts
07-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Just booked a studio for Sept 28th through Oct 1st.

minniemoms
07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
We didn't try for 12/5 since we plan to be in DT LA that night at Mary Poppins!

Mary Poppins?? I would LOVE to see Mary Poppins... Where do you get the tickets?

KAT4DISNEY
07-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Yes, it should be the second night of the CP and since it's a Sunday, fewer points than Sat 12/5, which should be the first CP night. We didn't try for 12/5 since we plan to be in DT LA that night at Mary Poppins!

If we don't get the GCV for 12/6, we will either stay PP if there is a good cash rate or just stay at the Sheraton. -- Suzanne

Sounds like a fun weekend! Have you been to CP before? Is it really crazy trying to get a good view?

Maistre Gracey
07-10-2009, 02:21 PM
I guess I'll weigh in... Wife and I are booked for May 25th - 29th in a 1br.

MG

SoCalKDG
07-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Sounds like a fun weekend! Have you been to CP before? Is it really crazy trying to get a good view?The dinner package(includes reserved seats and is available at I believe three different restaurants) is the way to go if you want a guarenteed view, otherwise it can be very crazy.

Grumpygrandpa
07-10-2009, 03:32 PM

My Birthday is June 9th. I would like to go but the DGDs are in school for another week (and I am in trouble already for taking them on a cruise in Nov.:confused3)

stampinshauna
07-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Mary Poppins?? I would LOVE to see Mary Poppins... Where do you get the tickets?

It is going to be at the Ahmanson Theater from Nov 13-Jan 10. Tickets are here:
http://www.centertheatregroup.org/tickets/productiondetail.aspx?id=5982
We are making a trip so see it in Jan and that is when we get to try out VGC. I am SOOO excited as I love Mary Poppins (never seen the play) and I love the Grand Californian!!!

minniemoms
07-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Thank you stampinshauna
I am SOOO excited as I love Mary Poppins (never seen the play) and I love the Grand Californian!!!
oh me too, me too
I have never seen the play either, but I loved Beauty and the Beast. Haven't seen Lion King yet, but would like too. But I know I will LOVE Mary Poppins.
I loved Wicked too. Saw that in LA AND San Francisco.

wideeyedwonder
07-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Just booked a studio for Sept 28th through Oct 1st.

We'll see you there! I just booked another stay for a 2br lockoff Sept 27-30...we ended up adding on 50 more GCV points as well.

Our guide indicated that they are trying real hard to sell out the GCV...

Silly Little Pixie
07-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Yea! I got a studio for Feb. 11 and 12th!!! :cool1:It's for my birthday and my DD's. I called this weekend when the 7 month window opened. I was so anxious I kept waking up! We were staying in a cabin at the Grand Canyon- no cell service- so at 6 a.m. I walked in my pj's to a payphone at the lodge!

DH is mystified as to why I want to spend so many points on a studio, LOL. But I am sooooooo excited! We are DLR regulars, but when we do stay onsite it has always been the DL Hotel- never the Grand Cal. I love, love, love the Grand Californian so I am thrilled!

podsnel
07-13-2009, 09:55 AM
It is going to be at the Ahmanson Theater from Nov 13-Jan 10. Tickets are here:
http://www.centertheatregroup.org/tickets/productiondetail.aspx?id=5982
We are making a trip so see it in Jan and that is when we get to try out VGC. I am SOOO excited as I love Mary Poppins (never seen the play) and I love the Grand Californian!!!

Shauna- you will LOVE MP- I just saw it on Broadway with the special D23 tour. It's a bit different from the movie (if you watch the DVD with the Broadway info) but it is COMPLETELY magical!!!!

Really hoping I'll be able to book GCV next summer- it looks like it will be amazing!!!!:worship:

mcljr7
07-13-2009, 11:07 AM
We just got our reservations for June 13-17 in a one bedroom.:cool1:

theOCdisney
07-13-2009, 11:19 AM
I just booked 2/11-2/14 and got the 1-bdrm that I requested!!!:woohoo: I must say I was surprised I got exactly what I wanted. That is Valentine's and I think a holiday weekend.

Who and when do I call to request a particular view???

preedymtnwest
07-18-2009, 03:52 AM
Booked GV for two nights in February (14-15) with VGC points for a "family reunion" (the first time my DSis and cousin and I went to DL together was 1968 - we'll all be back there together in Feb!). Secured these nights during the two week "home resort" window in June. Had to wait until today to complete the ressie until 7 months out. No problems getting a third night in GV, then moving to a 2-bedroom for the rest of the week (cousin and family going home to San Jose).

Can't wait to check out the GV! I'll be borrowing my 2010 pts, but it will be worth it to all be together.

Nikisha421
07-18-2009, 09:35 AM
I called on July14th and wasnt able to get a studio for the 14th of February through the 19th...

but then I called the next day July 15th and got the 15th through 19th of February, I hadnt even realized that the 14th was V-Day and the whole love weekend thingy....

I just wanted to go for our Mid Winter Recess break...we did get a room last year for the same dates at AKV...and then I didnt even realize it was VDay...

...well anyway I have got four days to play and stay in California and it will be our first time ever on the west coast.

I did waitlist for the 14th, but at this point it doesnt matter bc I am going to California:laughing:anyway you put it...with or without the 14th:wizard:

JimmyJam838
07-18-2009, 01:57 PM
2/15 is also President's Day.

Nikisha421
07-18-2009, 05:00 PM
another oversight on my part...yeah see I didn't even remember that day was a holiday as well!!! But at least im in!

minniemoms
07-18-2009, 10:52 PM
But it will be very crowded so at least you have a wonderful place to stay to escape the crowds

Nikisha421
07-19-2009, 12:12 AM
But it will be very crowded so at least you have a wonderful place to stay to escape the crowds
Crowds, my 10th oversight, but yes a great place to escape all thanks to my DVC membership!!!

lurkyloo
07-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Just wanted to update this to say that our wait list for a studio on Nov. 25 has already come through. Hooray! :banana:

mcljr7
08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
We just booked 2 nights in a studio for Nov. 7-9 this year. I assumed that it would be harder to get the reservation than it was.

SuzanneSLO
08-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Me too! I am waitlisted for Sunday, 12/6. -- Suzanne

Hoorah! My WL came thru and now we are booked for 12/6 thru 12/9. I am so excited. -- Suzanne

disneydawn6
08-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Just booked a dedicated two bedroom for June 21-25th