PDA

View Full Version : Car Share Memberships.

SanFranciscan
06-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Is anyone here a member of a car share? We have City Car Share and Zip Car and maybe one other one here in San Francisco, although I think I remember Zip Car buying out another car share company. I don't know how widespread car shares are, but I do know that they do exist in other cities.

Have you found car share to be a good use of money? I don't own a car and can usually get around on the streetcar. Sometimes cab fare really is necessary to get things home though. The car share programs include gas and insurance and a BIGGIE in San Francisco in the form of parking spots reserved for car share drivers.

bumbershoot
06-06-2009, 08:32 PM
We haven't done it, but if we lived right in a city with it, we would almost surely give up car ownership and use that. As it is we're half hour away from Seattle (they have zip car there) and it wouldn't be convenient.

kaytieeldr
06-07-2009, 09:02 AM
My brother lives in a city with similar conditions - scarce parking, high insurance, etc. - and is satisfied with Zip Car. You don't get your choice of vehicles, so he was a bit embarassed to show up at a family funeral (cemetery) in a bright red car...