PDA

View Full Version : cancelled trip : (

MKCP5
06-06-2009, 07:09 PM
We had book free dining in Aug, but I am out of work, and it is not looking like I will find anything soon. We thought about going for it, but just decided that we don't know what the financial future holds and dont want to spend savings without knowing what's coming down the line.

I'm okay with the decision, but I'm just dissapointed. I was really looking forward to it and to do free dining

TiffanyK
06-06-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry. That is disappointing. Sounds like a good decision given the circumstances, but dissapointing.

toobie75
06-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I totally feel your pain. My DH was laid off in March and was lucky enough to be picked up by another company immediately but they are a bunch of *******es. They have NO clue how to run a company and as of yesterday they owed my DH and the rest of the employees about 120 of pay. And the cruddy thing is, is none of them can really quit because there's no construction work (my DH is an electrician) to be found around here.

Unless we pull out a miracle we're going to have to cancel our early Oct. trip. I'll hold out to the very last minute to cancel but I know in my heart we just aren't going to make it. It really sucks to put all the time and hopes into something and then have to let it go. :sad2:

sorul82?
06-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Big hugs and know that you are not alone. :grouphug:

JerseyMamaBear
06-06-2009, 07:29 PM
We had to do the same thing, canceled our May trip to the poly dues to complications with my pregnancy and agree it is very disappointing. Best of luck to your family. It will all work out in the end. :hug:

cheriemek
06-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Just know you are doing the right thing, and there is always next year!

toledo13
06-06-2009, 08:01 PM
We had book free dining in Aug, but I am out of work, and it is not looking like I will find anything soon. We thought about going for it, but just decided that we don't know what the financial future holds and dont want to spend savings without knowing what's coming down the line.

I'm okay with the decision, but I'm just dissapointed. I was really looking forward to it and to do free dining

It's ok- we're not going this year either...

lck33
06-06-2009, 08:08 PM
:hug: So Sorry, but you made the right decision. Think, when things work out how much happier you will be when you do take the trip! I really hope everything works out for you!

bumbershoot
06-06-2009, 08:30 PM
:hug::hug:

And good luck with a new job!

raftislander
06-06-2009, 09:51 PM
So sorry for your disappointment. :hug: I think you are making the right choice. I hope that you DH job situation improves. The parks will be there next year.

minniebeth
06-07-2009, 07:38 AM
I'm sorry :hug:
You made a good decision, you should feel good about it, but I know how disappointing it is!
Like others have said, it will make a future trip all that much more exciting/special! :wizard:
Wishing you pixie dust to find work soon!

lgruender
06-07-2009, 08:04 AM
I was in the same boat as you fronm Feb 2006-Jan 2008. I lost my job in 2006 due to the foreign trade/economy(who would of thought all of this stated back them). We decided to take our trip in 2006 w/ free dining, but I was still nervous. My company offered retraining, which I took full advantage of and started school in Oct of 2006, finishing in 2007. We decided to skip the trip in 2007 just incase I couldn't find a job. Things turned around and I landed the job of my dreams in January 2008. I know that is alot of money to out out when it's not coming in. Best of luck to you, be strong and good luck in your job hunting.

Kriii
06-07-2009, 09:30 AM
We've had to cancel a few vacations over the years for various reasons, including a dream trip to Alaska. It's disappointing at the time, but life does go on just fine. When I look back at the biggest problems of my life, a cancelled vacation doesn't even come to mind. Best of luck with your job hunt and enjoy Disney when you are employed again!

vegasnative
06-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I actually have to stand up and applaud you for your decision. While I know it was probably not an easy one to make, I firmly believe you have done the right thing. There are many, many people out there that would still go, they would put the entire trip onto a credit card (that still holds a balance from their last trip), and that is a desperately scary situation to be in. Just know in your heart (as others before me have mentioned) that Disney will be there next year and the year after that, and when you do end up going think of how good you will feel on that trip and how much more special of a trip it will be! :thumbsup2

JoiseyMom
06-07-2009, 11:05 AM
I know how hard it was and how you feel. We cancelled our DCL cruise last week. It was very hard, but I know we made the right decision.

Soben
06-07-2009, 12:44 PM
:hug: I know it's hard to do the grown-up thing. It's ok to mourn!

Cindy B
06-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I might have to cancel our trip as well... I'm waiting to hear back from some prospective employers.

Plantlady
06-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I understand what you're going through.

We canceled this years trip as well. A sad decision.

punkin
06-07-2009, 02:25 PM
I took a trip once when DH was let go. It was about a week before the trip and our plane tickets, park tickets, and pricelined hotel were already paid for. We decided to go down anyway. The kids had a good time, but DH spent hours in the park while waiting on lines on the phone networking and talking to headhunters. I was so scared, I couldn't sleep so was exhausted in the parks. We did cereal in the room for breakfast; PB&J for lunch and split meals at the IHOP (or Denny's) after the parks. The only thing we bought at the parks was ice cream for the girls once per day and nothing for us. I would not recommend it. However we were lucky. At the time the economy was good and he landed another job almost immediately when we came home. In this economy, I don't think I could do it.

On the bright side, the whole trip for 4 (including tickets and air and food) probably cost us less than $1500 because we did not expensive sit-downs like we usually do and o character breakfasts.

JoyG
06-07-2009, 03:05 PM
We were in that position last summer. DH was out of work and we suddenly found ourselves needing a new (to us) car. So we canceled our vacation to Mount Rushmore two weeks before we were supposed to go. I had spent almost a year planning it. I was heartbroken! :sad1: It was a hard decision, but it was the right thing to do.

These hard times won't last forever.