PDA

View Full Version : Alton Towers

Mrs Doubtfire
06-06-2009, 04:04 PM
So, we are supposed to be going tomorrow (with free tickets from the newspaper).

Accordingly the forecast is 'heavy rain' :sad2: - my DD is soooo disappointed - as we all are. I even booked Monday off work so I could take DD to school. Don't think it would be much fun if it is as bad as they say and now we think we won't go. Just our luck!!

T16GEM
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Aww that is a shame, we have been before in the pouring rain, we just made sure that we took 2 changes of clothes and made the best of it! There were hardly any other people there so we just went round and round on some rides! :)

Mrs Doubtfire
06-06-2009, 04:42 PM
I did offer to go rain or shine!! DD is crying in bed - she wanted a sunny day!

Tinks1984
06-06-2009, 05:40 PM
I did offer to go rain or shine!! DD is crying in bed - she wanted a sunny day!

Awwww :sad2: Poor little thing, such a shame that the weather's changed. I'd keep an eye on the report and see how things are in the morning. Maybe you'll get there! Fingers crossed!

Danauk
06-06-2009, 06:09 PM
I have been to Alton Towers loads of time in the rain and still had a great day (nothing like the launch of Rita with heavy rain on your face!) You'll get soaked on the rapids and the log flume anyway!! If it gets too bad just head for the new sealife centre part. Or maybe pack the swim suits and see if you can go swimming at Caribba Creek at Splash Landings!!
I hope the weather picks up for you though.

Chilly
06-06-2009, 06:29 PM
nothing like the launch of Rita with heavy rain on your face!

I was on it once just as it started to rain really hard, luckily we got off as it got really bad but the next coaster launched into hail - that must of hurt.

Sorry your day out has been cancelled. Could you cheer your daughter up with an all day slumber party tomorrow as you can't go out and watch Disney movies while eating chocolate and stuff?

Gaynor
06-07-2009, 03:57 AM
I hope the weather has improved and you manage to get there :goodvibes

natalielongstaff
06-07-2009, 03:59 AM
What a shame, its our local carnival today and its raining heavily here :sad2: we wont go now and the amount of money they take will be well down !

joolz1910
06-07-2009, 04:11 AM
We were supposed to be going to Drayton Manor tomorrow. The kids have a training day at school, DH has booked the day off work and I had won tickets to the park. I know exactly how you feel. My eldest two have had a few tears. They have been looking on the website for weeks, planning which rides to go on. I bought the picnic stuff yesterday and we had arranged to meet my SIL there too.

I am not afraid of a bit of rain, but I'm worried a lot of the attractions will be closed. Also DD (20 months) will be stuck under a raincover all day.

This time last week...

Haworthfamily
06-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Did you brave the weather and go? I hope so.

Sarah X

fizz13
06-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Hope you did decide to go or that you found something fun to do today, flippin weather!:hug:

Lizzy Lemon
06-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Just a few miles from Alton Towers and its been wet all day, very heavy couple of hours ago. Sun is trying to come out now.

Mrs Doubtfire
06-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks everybody:thumbsup2

Yes we braved the rain:thumbsup2

Took our Disney ponchos - but DD & DH got very wet - although I did take some dry clothes and a change of socks! By 3ish think most people had decided to go as you could walk onto Charlie & The Chocolate factory - although they were still queing for Rita.

The new Sealife section is good - and kept us out of the rain for a while.

As a sweetner we got return tickets - hopefully we can pick a dry day :)

Chilly
06-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Well done for braving the rain.

darthtatty
06-09-2009, 12:14 PM
well done on going, glad you had a good time.
im going there in a few weeks, hopefully on a dry day. :goodvibes

craigs bride
06-09-2009, 12:26 PM
glad you managed to have a good day and :thumbsup2 for the return tickets

ariel75
06-09-2009, 12:29 PM
As a sweetner we got return tickets - hopefully we can pick a dry day :)[/QUOTE]

Thats good that you got more tickets it's just the way things happen we were meant to go to thorpe park at the end of april sunny the week before but surprise on the monday chucking it down.