PDA

View Full Version : What did you name your owner's locker?

BirdsOfPreyDave
06-05-2009, 06:50 PM
I got an email from John today that they're printing new nameplates for all the lockers. If you've named your locker (by Monday), the new label will show the name.

I tried to be clever, but the creative juices just weren't flowing. I toyed with "Vacation in a Box", "Purple Box = Happy Trip", and "Crud I refuse to carry back home." But I finally decided on something more personal, and settled on "Dave -n- Paul's Locker O' Fun"

So what'd you name yours?

chatchdvc
06-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Still working on the name.
It's a lot of stress on a Friday night, trying to think up a witty name for a purple box.

"Fred" just doesn't seem to be good enough.

Anal Annie
06-05-2009, 09:21 PM
I think I just got real creative and named it "Our Disney Box".:rolleyes:

Tara
06-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I was considering Thing 1 and Thing 2 ;)

Inkmahm
06-06-2009, 01:10 AM
I saw the email come through today but didn't have time to keep up with email and planned to read it later. I'm glad I read this thread or I wouldn't have known about the option to name our locker!

My DH just said "Ears and Gear" so that's what I changed it to. If we get more creative before Monday, I figure we can alway change it again.

dianeschlicht
06-06-2009, 08:00 AM
I named ours Over "stuffed", because it is definitely has too much "stuff" in it and it's STUFFED!

jdvm
06-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Monday's not a firm deadline. That's just when we will begin replacing the "nameplates" on all of our Lockers. That process will take a good two weeks! And we can always reprint a label on request. This just seemed to be a good time to give our Member's the option since we had to print new labels anyway.

The new labels will have Members' name, the Locker number, a bar code and we are also including the Locker name. Members have always been able to name their Locker but it hasn't shown up anywhere except on our dashboard (that's what we call the My Account section of the Owner's Locker site). This will be especially handy for Members with more than one Locker. Our system will automatically generate a default name "My First Locker", "My Second Locker", etc. which is a bit boring. Much more fun to have something like "D&R's Love Locker", "The Johnson Treasure Chest", "Vault Disney" or the "Marshall Locker of Doom" don't you think? I didn't make those up, by the way.
j

chatchdvc
06-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Okay, with DD's approval, our locker is now called "WDW BFF".

Because it is.:lovestruc

jekjones1558
06-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Our first locker, beta blue in color, is now named "Blue Without You." Locker #2 is named "Purple Reigns."

florep1
06-06-2009, 10:02 AM
I wanted to name ours Locker to the World (kinda like KTTW) but my kids looked at me like I'd lost my mind so we settled for Locker to the World of Disney.

allaboutmm
06-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Some REALLY cute and creative names on here!!! I'm thinking.......let you know when we have come up with a name:)

Tara
06-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I decided to go with Violet and Orchid. :upsidedow

disyady
06-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Br'er Bin - c/o Our Laughing Place

bumbershoot
06-06-2009, 06:15 PM
This is so funny to read. :)

Any thoughts of franchising this out in Anaheim???

d-r
06-06-2009, 08:02 PM
I named ours "the closet at my mother-in-law's house"

LyndaC
06-06-2009, 08:18 PM
I have 2 blue lockers named Vault Disney and Vault Disney Jr. Wish I could remember which one has nothing but holiday decorations in it.

LisaS
06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
I have 2 blue lockers named Vault Disney and Vault Disney Jr. Wish I could remember which one has nothing but holiday decorations in it.Very cute! :goodvibes

dianeschlicht
06-06-2009, 09:51 PM
I named ours "the closet at my mother-in-law's house"

LOL, I thought about naming it "Fibber MaGee's closet", but I didn't think too many would know what I meant, but that thougt process is what got me to "Over 'stuffed'".

E-P-C-O-T
06-06-2009, 11:28 PM
We named ours "Everything but the kitchen sink", considering what we have in it, it's a very appropiate name ;)

kt-scarlett
06-07-2009, 09:46 AM
I did have mine named "Wrecker's Loon" which is an anagram of "Owner's Locker" but just changed it to "Fáilte Abhaile" which is "Welcome Home" in Gaelic.

DISNEY FIX
06-07-2009, 09:51 AM
I thought about naming ours "child #3" since we have already two it is like another member of the family.:goodvibes:goodvibes:rotfl2:

Nikisha421
06-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Our first locker, beta blue in color, is now named "Blue Without You." Locker #2 is named "Purple Reigns."

so cute

Cruelladeville
06-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I called our locker "My booty", but "Blue Velvet" is getting the nod from DH.

meyernl
06-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Locker of Disney Love

MaryAnnDVC
06-07-2009, 10:40 PM
"Fred" just doesn't seem to be good enough.I kind of like "Fred". I once had a plant named Fred. :) (Pre-kids.)

Since we signed up, but haven't actually taken a trip since then, and therefore don't actually have a purple locker, I guess we have some time (a month) to think of a name before it's "born". :)

dianeschlicht
06-08-2009, 08:13 AM
I kind of like "Fred". I once had a plant named Fred. :) (Pre-kids.)

Since we signed up, but haven't actually taken a trip since then, and therefore don't actually have a purple locker, I guess we have some time (a month) to think of a name before it's "born". :)

LOL! That reminds me of the barbershop group named FRED!

DiznyDi
06-08-2009, 08:26 AM
I've agonized over this all week-end and STILL have not named my locker. Here's some of what I've considered:
M.T.Nesters
GR8 CR8
My 401K
Eased the Stress
DVC R We
Kids Inheritance
Caution: Heavy Load
OL #4 (even though we only have one!) :rotfl2:
Small Box, Big World
DiznyDi's Folly
'Pete'
It was easier naming our children than it is to name our locker.
Any feedback/suggestions are welcome!

DaveH
06-08-2009, 08:28 AM
We call ours Figment.

Tara
06-08-2009, 08:39 AM
We call ours Figment.

:thumbsup2

goofydad99
06-08-2009, 09:29 AM
We just arrived home.:sad1:

We are trying to think of a name.........Ahh the pressure! We did decorate our locker before we left. It has its very own pirate tattoos now.:)

MaryJ
06-08-2009, 09:56 AM
I named mine "Bubba Bin" a long time ago, but I'm thinking of changing the name. Maybe "Hubba Bubba Bin."

MaryAnnDVC
06-08-2009, 10:01 AM
It was easier naming our children than it is to name our locker.Sure was! I need a "Locker Names" book. I actually might've named mine last year, but can't get into my account. :( Emailed OL.

dgaston
06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Kinda boring, but now it's "Deb & Don's Disney Dreams." Got the alliteration thing going, plus the locker has stickers that say "dream it, wish it, do it."

LIFERBABE
06-08-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm naming ours "Beetlejuice"!

We flew into mco last Friday and there was a lady with a black pug named Beetlejuice.
My locker reminds me of a Vw beetle because it is stuffed tighter than a VW full of clowns at the circus! :))

(I love being from Texas!)

Also I met Brian outside AKV making his rounds the other day. He actually called me by name which I thought was pretty impressive!

Dizny Dad
06-08-2009, 11:12 AM
I've agonized over this all week-end and STILL have not named my locker. . . . . . . .. It was easier naming our children than it is to name our locker. . . .

It was the weekend from hell.

But let me clarify - It was so because I just couldn't help the love of my life out of her frustrating Dilemma!

Obviously we need another trip to the world - and soon!

dopeygirl76
06-08-2009, 11:19 AM
The winner in our family was DVC - Disney Vacation Cache - DH is very proud of this one considering we spent the weekend trying to name ours also!:upsidedow Some others considered were:
Follow Me HOME!
The Kitchen Sink (following the Everything but....idea!!)
Mommy's BIG Helper

How fun was this!!!

goofydad99
06-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Ok, we named our locker

.........Family Pirate Booty

rkwier
06-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Clearly, I am creatively challenged because I can't come up with a thing! :confused3

"Fred" just doesn't seem to be good enough.

We had a dog named Fred! Actually, his full name was Frederick E. Farcle. :rotfl:

poohbear158
06-08-2009, 12:48 PM
I think we are going to name ours 'frah-gee-lay.' It must be Italian!

TagsMissy
06-08-2009, 12:48 PM
*sniff* I feel so left out --- I don't have one of these nifty lockers (yet!)

I am trying to work out if it's worth it if you only go 1x a year or every other year...

rkwier
06-08-2009, 01:06 PM
I think we are going to name ours 'frah-gee-lay.' It must be Italian!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

goofydad99
06-08-2009, 01:35 PM
*sniff* I feel so left out --- I don't have one of these nifty lockers (yet!)

I am trying to work out if it's worth it if you only go 1x a year or every other year...

When we started as Beta members, we weren't sure how much we would either. We now love it and are happy to see it every trip now. We drive every time too. Our children are also happy to see their Disney box.

goofydad99
06-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Monday's not a firm deadline. That's just when we will begin replacing the "nameplates" on all of our Lockers. That process will take a good two weeks! And we can always reprint a label on request. This just seemed to be a good time to give our Member's the option since we had to print new labels anyway.

j

John,

Our daughter who is 6 would like to know....."why do they get to keep my princess bed?!!? She is always happy to see our box but from the way she asked us that question I think she is picturing someone sleeping in her princess bed.:rotfl:

MaryAnnDVC
06-08-2009, 03:09 PM
John,

Our daughter who is 6 would like to know....."why do they get to keep my princess bed?!!? She is always happy to see our box but from the way she asked us that question I think she is picturing someone sleeping in her princess bed.:rotfl:So when no one is looking, John sleeps in the Princess Bed?! http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage44/5.gif

This is how rumors get started. ;)

Mosleymouse
06-08-2009, 05:27 PM
We named our one 'Mosley Mouse Gear' after the store at Epcot. I think it's got as much in it as the store too. :rotfl:

Desnik
06-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I have 2 lockers and it's hard enough to come up with one name! I can't think of anything!:rotfl:

slmjam
06-08-2009, 08:01 PM
My entire family rolled their eyes when I told them we needed to name the locker. I'm not really creative, but I came up with Mouse House Gear. And, the best part is, we get to see it again next Tuesday!!! :woohoo::yay::cheer2:

ADAMANDLISA
06-09-2009, 06:00 AM
I named mine "Lisa's Sanity Saver" a long time ago. I couldn't think of a new name, because, for me, nothing fit it better. Who knew Owner's Locker could provide mental wellness too!:thumbsup2

Thanks John and Brian!!!:goodvibes

goofy4tink
06-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Di's Tink Tidbits...can't wait to see it in August!!! If I didn't have a kid looking at college in three years, I'ld be naming two of the darned things!!!

TIGGERmetoo
06-09-2009, 11:36 AM
John -
We didn't get an email. Maybe since we just signed up awhile ago but haven't used it yet. Can we still name ours?

jdvm
06-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Terri, I still have a few e-mails to send out...it's been a bit crazy. Of course you can name it!

Lockers with the new labels started going out Tuesday. Here's what the old ones look like:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u278/jdvm1/Ploetzold.jpg

And here's the new one:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u278/jdvm1/Ploetznew.jpg

john

Anal Annie
06-10-2009, 09:38 PM
:rotfl: OMG...I just read that card...It clearly says to flip it upon departure...pretty sure we didn't do any flipping! :rolleyes: :scared: So sorry....made mental note for next time!!

jdvm
06-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi Annie!
Don't worry about flipping the card (has anyone ever told you that you worry too much?!?!)
The resorts asked us to do that so they could keep the Lockers coming in separate from the Lockers going out. We use the bar codes. Our system won't let us pick a Locker up before its time!
j

VLee
06-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Malificent's Secrets ==my fav villian,

SamSam
06-10-2009, 10:59 PM
I love the idea of naming our OL; my brain just needs to get a little bit more creative. :lmao: I'll be thinking of it now and hopefully between Dh and I, we will come up with something more creative than Locker #1. :rotfl:

LisaS
06-11-2009, 10:03 AM
After toying with a few different names ("Crate Expectations", "Contents Under Pressure") DH christened ours "WDW TARDIS". For those who are not Dr. Who fans, a TARDIS is a time travel vehicle but the word is often used to refer to something that is larger on the inside than it is on the outside. Considering how much stuff we managed to fit into our locker, DH thought it was an appropriate name.

Kickapoo Joie Juice
06-11-2009, 10:23 AM
how about:

Prince

Purple Nurple

Grape Ape

Violet (with a sticker of Violet from the Incredibles on it)

Jimi Hendrix (purple was his favorite color)

紫 is the chinese character for purple

Deep Purple (band)

Name the first box "One Eyed" the second box "One Horned" and the next box "Flying Purple People Eater".

Klingons have purple blood.

um, maybe "Pandora's Folly", or "Pandora Keep Out".

Jack in The

Think Outside of Me

Caution: Contents Under Vacation Pressure

Biohazard

Contents: Live Snakes

We have our own box that we drive down with. Unfortunately it's clear with a blue top and the boring words "travel box" written in sharpie on the top. We keep most of the seasonal disney stuff in there (from sunscreen to xmas lights).

rkwier
06-11-2009, 01:59 PM
how about:

Name the first box "One Eyed" the second box "One Horned" and the next box "Flying Purple People Eater".

Oh I love this!!! I used to go around singing that song all of the time when I was little. I am sure that I drove my parents nuts!. :laughing: Do you mind if I steal your idea since clearly I am not creative enough to come up with something on my own?

MaleficentFan
06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
After I received John's email I asked DH if he had a good idea for a name. His response... Casandra. WHAT? I'm thinking something along the lines of The Bottomless Pit (it's amazing how much you can actually get in there). He's decided if we go with The Bottomless Pit the name should be in German so it has more panache. I married a nut.

Tara
06-11-2009, 04:31 PM
After I received John's email I asked DH if he had a good idea for a name. His response... Casandra. WHAT? I'm thinking something along the lines of The Bottomless Pit (it's amazing how much you can actually get in there). He's decided if we go with The Bottomless Pit the name should be in German so it has more panache. I married a nut.

Sounds like my husband. ;)

Inkmahm
06-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Sounds like my husband. ;)

Mine, too! :lmao:

dvcbnd
06-11-2009, 07:35 PM
We just voted and our locker's name is "hakuna matata", since it will bring us no worries. :goodvibes

Kickapoo Joie Juice
06-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh I love this!!! I used to go around singing that song all of the time when I was little. I am sure that I drove my parents nuts!. :laughing: Do you mind if I steal your idea since clearly I am not creative enough to come up with something on my own?

Feel free! We don't use owners lockers anyway since we drive down but we do like the idea of it for dvc'ers that fly. :thumbsup2

jdvm
06-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Hey Kickapoo...got to say that I love your suggestions but you do need to know that you're on my hit list. Fresh from helping Anal Annie successfully convince her hubby that they needed a Locker, I'm all set to slowly but surely convince you that Owner's Locker is for people who drive as well as fly...just thought I'd give you a heads up...I love a challenge.
j

dianeschlicht
06-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Jack in the ___ is the best name I've seen yet!!!:lmao: Oh, and Dick said instead of Hakuna Matata, it should be Hakuna Ma'loca' :)

TIGGERmetoo
06-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Terri, I still have a few e-mails to send out...it's been a bit crazy. Of course you can name it!
john
Got the e-mail now. Thanks!

Haven't been able to think of much other than Tim & Terri's Treasures. Any ideas from some creative owners?

Anal Annie
06-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Hey Kickapoo...got to say that I love your suggestions but you do need to know that you're on my hit list. Fresh from helping Anal Annie successfully convince her hubby that they needed a Locker, I'm all set to slowly but surely convince you that Owner's Locker is for people who drive as well as fly...just thought I'd give you a heads up...I love a challenge.
j

:rotfl: I am honored to be your biggest conquest to date!:worship: I think you have set your sights pretty high to convince the WDW drivers to come over to the dark side!! I hope they can see it would just be a matter of hopping in the car like they were going out to run errands!! :thumbsup2 Good luck!!

dvcbnd
06-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Jack in the ___ is the best name I've seen yet!!!:lmao: Oh, and Dick said instead of Hakuna Matata, it should be Hakuna Ma'loca' :)

I LOVE IT!!!! Hakuna Ma'loca' :lmao: I can't wait to tell DH and the kids! We just might be changing it. :goodvibes
Just for the record, we're getting our first locker next month and we drive from NYC down to FL every year (with a few exceptions). I'm already gathering things to store in our locker and am so excited about not having to be bothered schlepping all that stuff back and forth every year. The exciting part is that my DH is on board also! It might not take much to convince him that we'll need locker #2.....wait until he sees how much more room we'll have in the van when we leave all the "little" things behind. :rotfl:

Kickapoo Joie Juice
06-12-2009, 03:31 PM
j

If you can talk my husband into trading in my Mazda MPV minivan and buying me a Cadillac CTS, I would absolutely agree that we'd need an owner's locker because we'd have less packing space in the car :laughing:.

As it is, this van holds nearly our entire household-it's like the Weasley's tent at the Quidditch championships, humble on the outside, massive on the inside :rotfl2:.

Hey, I think the next thing you need to offer is small refrigerators painted purple. From what I've read of the fridge swaps (I don't swap but was curious), Disney is less than pleased at acting as the swap warehouse...

Tinkerdreams
06-12-2009, 04:25 PM
I named mine "Tinker's Treasure".

goofydad99
06-12-2009, 05:34 PM
If you can talk my husband into trading in my Mazda MPV minivan and buying me a Cadillac CTS, I would absolutely agree that we'd need an owner's locker because we'd have less packing space in the car :laughing:.

As it is, this van holds nearly our entire household-it's like the Weasley's tent at the Quidditch championships, humble on the outside, massive on the inside :rotfl2:.

Hey, I think the next thing you need to offer is small refrigerators painted purple. From what I've read of the fridge swaps (I don't swap but was curious), Disney is less than pleased at acting as the swap warehouse...

We drive every year too. I bet our drives are similar. I love that I don't have to haul laundry detergent, extra toiletries, crayons and small trinkets for the children, medications, and the ever necessary ponchos. We also store unopened nonperishable food items as well. Our van can hold a lot but it always seems like the children are fighting for space no matter how little we pack. Don't worry, it isn't the dark side over here it is the purple side. :laughing:

Dee77
06-12-2009, 07:20 PM
I just finished my registration and came up with "Dee aka Disney Essentials Everytime." I'm sure John will let me know if the name is too long. Now I get to play around with what I will order/buy to fill it up with for our first trip as OL and DVC owners.

Disneyoverload42
06-13-2009, 11:15 AM
We drive, and I almost have DH convinced that we need one! He's holding out in hopes that there will be a "stroller" locker available - then he'll be sold! (Double umbrella stroller takes up 40% of our trunk area and we pretty much only use it at WDW). Our last trip, everytime we pulled something out of a box or bag or tried to find something or pack something tightly back, I kept saying "you know if we had an owner's locker....":rolleyes1

jdvm
06-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Annie, I don't know whether to tell you this, but you and hubby have been our toughest sell to date!! Great fun but our toughest nuts to crack--so far
Dee, there's no limit to name length...the letters just get smaller and smaller
overload, we store strollers but we worry that it's not cost effective (we treat strollers like another Locker--i.e $99 per year with one free delivery). We've been repeatedly asked if we would rent strollers and perhaps we should rethink that one.
j

E-P-C-O-T
06-13-2009, 10:50 PM
overload, we store strollers but we worry that it's not cost effective (we treat strollers like another Locker--i.e $99 per year with one free delivery). We've been repeatedly asked if we would rent strollers and perhaps we should rethink that one.
j

John, I'm loving the stroller rental idea. Get purple for girls and black for boys...Can we name our rental stroller too? ;)

jdvm
06-14-2009, 07:10 AM
I think it's safe to say that our Members are enjoying naming their Lockers...today's deliveries include:

Magical Mini Purple Condo
The Cleveland Clan
One Bin At A Time
I'm not purple, I'm VIOLET
I am Looking Good!
DWorld Locker1; and
Purple Box of Fun
Makes driving the purple van even more fun!

j

jamstew
06-14-2009, 01:20 PM
:rotfl: OMG...I just read that card...It clearly says to flip it upon departure...pretty sure we didn't do any flipping! :rolleyes: :scared: So sorry....made mental note for next time!!

I didn't notice it either. :scared1:

jamstew
06-14-2009, 01:21 PM
The resorts asked us to do that so they could keep the Lockers coming in separate from the Lockers going out.
j

That makes perfect sense, and I'll try to remember to do it next time.

jamstew
06-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Since I'm one of the least creative people I know, I opted for practicality. Locker #1 is "My Studio Locker." Locker #2 is "Kitchen & Laundry." :sad2:

tink4ever
06-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Our lockers are now named "The Bier's Disney Magic" and "The Bier's Disney Dreams":yay:

idratherbeinwdw
07-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Mine is named MariWorld. :wizard:

Hunclemarco
07-28-2009, 05:30 AM
:rotfl: I am honored to be your biggest conquest to date!:worship: I think you have set your sights pretty high to convince the WDW drivers to come over to the dark side!! I hope they can see it would just be a matter of hopping in the car like they were going out to run errands!! :thumbsup2 Good luck!!

I have to say that all of the conversation with Annie has swayed us to the dark...oops...Purple side.
After much deliberation, my wife and i are naming our locker "M&M's Disney Kit". We had M&M's as favors for our wedding (M&M for Mark and Marlow), They were even purple and white!:goodvibes
What a way to name a locker... after two things we love: Chocolate and Disney :thumbsup2

DenLo
07-28-2009, 06:50 AM
how about:

Prince

Purple Nurple

Grape Ape

Violet (with a sticker of Violet from the Incredibles on it)

Jimi Hendrix (purple was his favorite color)

紫 is the chinese character for purple

Deep Purple (band)

Klingons have purple blood.

um, maybe "Pandora's Folly", or "Pandora Keep Out".

Jack in The

Think Outside of Me

Caution: Contents Under Vacation Pressure

Biohazard

Contents: Live Snakes

We have our own box that we drive down with. Unfortunately it's clear with a blue top and the boring words "travel box" written in sharpie on the top. We keep most of the seasonal disney stuff in there (from sunscreen to xmas lights).

I like the purple people eater one!

Anal Annie
07-28-2009, 07:17 AM
I have to say that all of the conversation with Annie has swayed us to the dark...oops...Purple side.
After much deliberation, my wife and i are naming our locker "M&M's Disney Kit". We had M&M's as favors for our wedding (M&M for Mark and Marlow), They were even purple and white!:goodvibes
What a way to name a locker... after two things we love: Chocolate and Disney :thumbsup2

That's cute...
:lmao: I just re-named ours last week...it WAS just called "Our Disney Box" (boring) and so I changed it to "White House in a Box (aka Anal Annie's Sanity Saver)"! John keeps telling me to stop calling it a box - it's a Locker he says with a capital 'L'! :rotfl: But I just can't seem to shake the "box" word. Anyway, our last name is White so we always joke that our house is The White House so now we have it all packed up in a box!:thumbsup2

culli
07-28-2009, 12:31 PM
I didn't realize we could name and have name plates, I hope it is not too late. We have not had our first visit yet so I hope the change will work, we went with:

"The Culli Family Hope Chest"

DVC-Don
07-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Next month we have a sticker that says: Warning: We can't think of a name for this box!!

zackiedawg
07-28-2009, 02:20 PM
I'm surprised nobody has named theirs "Pandora's Box".

Sulley's Box (from Monsters Inc) seems a good possibility too, being blue and purple.

Or Wall-E...since he was essentially a square box-shaped character!

Rileygirl
07-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Tub of Terror, because ToT is the most Fav family ride... not original, but I wonder if John will be scared when he goes to move this box in a couple of weeks ;)