PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Shoppers/shopping

nathaliabrown
06-05-2009, 06:46 PM
I am wanting to do mystery shopping. As I have ot stay home with the kids so I need ot earn extra money. Are they scams? If not can someone give me a link where you use? How much do you average a month doing it?

MyDizneyBoyz
06-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm sure of them are scams - I've been doing for a little while that is giving me a little extra $$. Not enough to pay the mortgage but it does bring in some spending cash. It really helps if you happen to live in a metro area so you can find a lot of shops close to home otherwise it's not worth the money to have to drive.

The way it works with this company is you pick and choose the shops you want to do and they list exactly how much they'll pay (usually around $5-$8 per shop, plus food/purchase reimbursement) and what they require for that shop. A lot of them require you to time various services and they're picky about timing to the exact second so you need a stopwatch or similar that you can discreetly use. After each shop, you always have to fill out an online questionnaire and scan and upload your receipts so you need easy access to a scanner and a computer. All the paperwork has to be done within 12 hours of completing the shop.

A lot of times you have to go by yourself - no kids and no other people so it can be hard if you've got little ones you're watching. I work full-time and pick shops that I can do on my lunch hour or after the kids are in bed and my DH is home.

This company has been around a while and is definitely legitimate but they do have fairly strict requirements for completing each shop which they are very upfront about.

This isn't a referral (I don't get anything out of it) so I think I can post the website:
https://www.applymarketforce.com/

You can also check out the forums on volition.com as they've got some really long threads on the various mystery shopping companies and such. It's a good way to get some info from others who've had experience, both good and bad.
http://forum.volition.com/

nathaliabrown
06-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks I will try them!

Shmily1
06-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I would definitely recommend Volition. Check out the forums there and see which companies pay really good and which ones don't. You will have to sign up for several (I've signed up for about 50 since January) to get a good variety and to have some in the same areas around the same time frame.

The best advice I can give you other than checking out Volition is if they are saying anything about you paying for something, it's a scam!!!

If you have questions, ask us and we'll see what we can do for you!! It's pretty fun actually!

DisneyBrat
06-06-2009, 01:08 AM
I did a few of these when I lived in York PA(2005) It's not very profitable and took more time than the couple of dollars they paidout. If I were you do EBAY :)

LKHomemail
06-06-2009, 12:57 PM
you might try calling a temporary staffing agency. in college i was given a couple assignments to go to a car dealer and pretend to purchase. i had to complete several pages of an evaluation form. they paid 200 per visit. they did not have more than a couple jobs though per person. my friend is signed up with a company that sends her a letter with an encolsue post card to go evaluate caribou coffee. the post card has 3 or 4 questions for the evaluation. she gets a free coffee drink and then returns the post card to the company. she has also recieved free hair cuts/color. her company seems to give products or services as the incentive.

i think the companies must do different things.