PDA

View Full Version : Question For Those That Worked The Census

GOOFY4DONALD
06-05-2009, 05:24 PM
I turned in all my items about 2 weeks ago and today I received all the paperwork for being laid off. Here is my concern...I received 3 papers...first page was from my state's office thanking me for all the hard work, second was an unemployment paper and third was a 'notification of personnel action'. This action stated that I was terminated. I always assumed that terminated meant fired. I know I was laid off but I had no problems and I was praised for my work. I was hoping to get rehired for the next wave but I am concerned over the word 'terminated'. Did everyone else receive this?

chattyann
06-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I worked for the U.S. Census Bureau for over 8 years. Trust me, when they say terminated it does not mean the same as at a regular job. I think during my years there I was terminated at least 3 times when the job I was doing was over. I either went to another area or when the job was up and going again I would be called back. I am sure that you will have no problems getting in for the next wave.

Jiminygirl
06-05-2009, 08:15 PM
My 8 weeks as a temp Enumerator ended and I just got the same papers today so I think that these are just the formal notifications that everyone got- I don't think they have any bearing on future employment for the next wave-so much for the Paperwork Reduction Act! :)

GOOFY4DONALD
06-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Thank you both for your replies. I am so glad to hear that they are different that the 'real' world. I should have known that based on my experiences. But seriously I just love working for the census. I was able to work full time, be home for my kids and love the work I did. I can't wait for the next wave...hopefully it will be soon.

GOOFY4DONALD
06-06-2009, 01:23 PM
duplicate

mermaidwannabe
06-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi Goofy4Donald, I'm in Bozeman, and I want to work the next wave too. I have heard that it was going to be doing the OLQs and would most likely be in August or September. Is that what you have been told?

GOOFY4DONALD
06-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi Goofy4Donald, I'm in Bozeman, and I want to work the next wave too. I have heard that it was going to be doing the OLQs and would most likely be in August or September. Is that what you have been told?In my area OLQs have already been completed by CLs needing hours. I have heard that they will be calling some of us back in July to test and train for October. I am guessing that the October training would be for 2010. This is what I have heard if someone knows something else please post.

mermaidwannabe
06-06-2009, 09:56 PM
In my area OLQs have already been completed by CLs needing hours. I have heard that they will be calling some of us back in July to test and train for October. I am guessing that the October training would be for 2010. This is what I have heard if someone knows something else please post.

Thanks for the info!