PDA

View Full Version : can my life stink anymore????

party of 3
06-05-2009, 02:18 PM
ok there i was driving on the highway going to see Mom at the hospital and i'm crusin' along listening to my disney music and all of a sudden.......

my car died!
YUP
dead!
OMG what do i do??????

i called dh, aaa, work......

dh came to get me, they towed it to the garage and i'm ok. i just stinks. something else for me to deal with!!

PrincessNancy96
06-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Oh my! I'm so sorry.. Hopefully it will be something simple..
Did you check the gas...? LOL Just trying to make you smile!!!

morgansmom2000
06-05-2009, 02:38 PM
LOL, that's something I would do ;)

Hope it's just a minor repair!

Queenie
06-05-2009, 04:27 PM
It's not a Jaguar XJ is it? Exact same thing happened to my FIL a few weeks ago, engine cut out when he was doing 70 on the motorway.

Glad you're ok, must have been very scary :(

ddavis860
06-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh Holly, that just stinks!! And right when you were getting your grove on!

Hope it's an easy fix, and glad you are OK!

vanyel
06-05-2009, 05:58 PM
:grouphug:

aroyer
06-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Oh no, not the Hollvo!!!! Glad you are ok!:hug:

joyah
06-05-2009, 07:31 PM
OH Holly
I'm so sorry to here this. You really don't need anything else going wrong. Hopefully it will be a quick and inexpensive fix and you'll have it back quickly.

I hate car trouble.

lewdyan1
06-05-2009, 07:34 PM
:wizard::hug:

MazdaUK
06-06-2009, 02:36 AM
Oh no! Poor Holly! Our Volvo did that to us (YEARS ago, before we were married). We'd just turned onto a hilly road in the Lake District (AKA middle of nowhere) and everything just turned off. This was before cell phones, so we had to ask at a nearby cottage to use the phone (lucky there WAS a cottage:scared1:) and we thought it might be the fuel injection :scared1::eek: - turned out to be a fuse in the electrics :faint: Hope yours is something so simple (and cheap) :hug:

DisneyIsTerrific
06-06-2009, 05:52 AM
That is so not fair! :sad2: I hope it's something quick and simple and inexpensive to fix. :hug:

lovingthemouse
06-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Holly - i am sorry that it seems life keeps throwing you challenges.
This has happened to me twice- once it was my alternator, and the other one of my engine cylinders - both times on the Mass Pike!

Here's hoping for a better day.

PrincessNancy96
06-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Holly, have they told you what it is yet? I sure hope it is a simple fix... :hug:

rlovew
06-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Holly- I am so sorry to hear about your problems, I hope the fix is a small one.

Rebecca

New England Eeyore
06-06-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm sorry, Holly! I hope it's something simple and cheap!

Kim1964
06-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Car trouble throws me into a tailspin.....I'm sorry that happened to you!

AlexWyattMommy
06-07-2009, 03:31 PM
:hug: I am soo sorry Holly. DH says there are a lot of little things that could cause that. Hopefully yours is an easy fix.

YodasMom
06-07-2009, 03:47 PM
That happened to me going 75 mph on the tollway a couple of years ago! It was also the alternator. The cost of missing the work meetings, and work time was more than the repair and towing. It's frustrating, but that's what happens when we own these man-made pieces of metal!!

Hope you get it figured out!

Lisa
06-08-2009, 04:45 AM
:hug:

Mickster
06-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Oh, Holly...phooey...:hug:

party of 3
06-09-2009, 10:25 AM
i just called to check on my car (the mechanic has been on vacation) and he said he thought it was the timing belt! oh great!
he said "if that's the case Holly, we are looking at a big job!"
oh perfect!
and my new attitude is trying to look at the better side of things, so .......

i guess i'm lucky i did not get killed on the highway when i broke down! and it's only a car. and it can be fixed. and it's going to be ok.

how's that!???

i still think it stinks!
sorry just venting here......

PrincessNancy96
06-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Big :hug: Holly.. that does just stink!!!!

I'm so sorry!!!

morgansmom2000
06-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Car troubles "stink on ice!" As Morgan would say :)

Sorry to hear this, I really hope he's wrong!

New England Eeyore
06-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Well, you're right about all the good points, but you're also right that it does stink! :hug:

party of 3
06-10-2009, 09:14 AM
well i just heard from the mechanic......

hold on to your hats......

$3000 in parts alone.
OMG!

i'm going to be sick!

morgansmom2000
06-10-2009, 09:16 AM
:scared1:
:faint:

party of 3
06-10-2009, 09:23 AM
i know, right??!!

but with dh's job not looking so good, i just can't afford a car payment for the next 5 years. so whatda ya do? dh said we suck it up and fix it that what we do! and i know he's right. it just stinks.

morgansmom2000
06-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm sure it's the right thing to do, but the timing just sucks! I can't imagine dealing with a car payment either, so I would have to do the same thing. Hugs to you chickie! :hug:

tinkryansmom
06-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh Holly - I am so sorry! Rotten timing to be sure.

:hug:HUGS for you.

New England Eeyore
06-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Oh, Holly, that stinks!! :hug:

MazdaUK
06-11-2009, 05:00 AM
:headache: Can you claim anything on your insurance for it? (I know, probably not:sad2:)

AlexWyattMommy
06-11-2009, 10:49 AM
well i just heard from the mechanic......

hold on to your hats......

$3000 in parts alone.
OMG!

i'm going to be sick!

DH said the only way it would cost that much if there was a LOT of other damage done at the time. Get a written estimate. DH will tell you if it is all legit and needed. Yeah, he is a computer software geek for a living, but he's a jack of all trades in real life. That and he's got "friends". :rotfl2:

party of 3
06-11-2009, 11:18 AM
thanks Ann. it was the timing belt. and when they go it does damage to the head and the pistons and something else. dh works on machinery and he has talked with the mechanic back and forth about it. he(dh) said it sounds right.
something about the volvos and the timing belts. it's very expensive when they go.

MazdaUK
06-12-2009, 10:19 AM
ANYTHING with a volvo is expensive:headache:

party of 3
06-13-2009, 07:30 AM
why oh why am i being tested?????

we spent 10 hrs in the e r yesterday because they thought mom had a obstruction in her belly. she had been vomiting all day. so i had to call 911 to come and check her out and off to the e r we went.
ok. it was not that. they are thinking maybe the pain meds are too strong. omg.
up all night with her. she's in so much pain and she will not take anything for fear she will vomit now. they gave me a script for something less strong so i'm now waiting for that to be filled.
i just went to put a wash on and i think my washer is D-E-A-D!!!! why oh why is all this happening to me???

i need a new life!

joyah
06-13-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm so sorry your going through this. You've had more than your fair share. It always seems like when it rains it pours. It's time for that cloud to move on.:hug::hug:

party of 3
06-13-2009, 07:59 AM
thanks Christy! you are so right. move along cloud!

Mickster
06-13-2009, 08:21 AM
well, holly, it is all craptastic right now...I hope things get better for you...:hug:

New England Eeyore
06-13-2009, 09:21 PM
:hug: I hope the newer medicine helped and today was a better day.

MazdaUK
06-14-2009, 03:46 AM
I know we're not supposed to be tested more than we can stand, but this is pushing it! :hug: Hope things get better soon:wizard:

DisneyIsTerrific
06-14-2009, 05:55 AM
You are definitely getting more than your share of bad luck. Hopefully things improve soon. I also hope your Mom is feeling better. Big :hug:'s, prayers, and pixie dust.

morgansmom2000
06-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Oh my! Seriously, I thought I saw a black cloud over your way! Remember, things can *always* be worse!

party of 3
06-14-2009, 02:49 PM
well apparently that black cloud does not want to move. we were back at the hospital yet AGAIN last night. or should i say early this am. she is a diabetic and takes meds for it. but i guess with the cancer in all it's messing with it. so she took her day pill and seemed to be having a good day. then supper time rolled around and she said she was hot. well i thought it was muggy so no big deal. and i thought maybe she was hungry. she asked for pizza for dinner. OMG. she has not asked for food in over a month. so dh went right out and got pizza for supper for us. she managed to eat a piece. ok. so that's good. then she asked for the fan. um, ok. still no big deal. - so i thought. she kept telling me she did not feel good and was shaky. i usually test her sugar 2x a day. and i had done that. so i decided to check it again. yup low. ok have a glass of orange juice. check again. lower. have another glass. check again. lower. have an actually orange. repeat. yet lower again. OMG. are ya kidding me?? we do this for a while. different juices. keep checking. no she wants to go to bed. um not a good idea ma. i called the cancer dr and i get whos on call. she said bring her right in. call 911. ok. ambulance arrives. we are closer to the other hospital, but i request for them to take us to hers. -i know the emt, so no problem he said. - now its 2 am and pouring rain and off we go. on the way there they (emts) call and say we are on our way and they say they are closed to rescues. diverting to another hospital. OMG. no. yup. into the big city hospital. ok well you do what you have to. just keep my mom ok. so we get there and its all kinds of drama. (not with mom, just big city drama!) they gave her pure liquid sugar on the way and it shot up to 255. ok that's ok. then hour after hour it kept going down. so long story short, she ate something and it went up and her labs were ok (being that she has all this other stuff) so they said she could go home and to hold her normal sugar pills for today. but to eat sweet today. i would be YIPPEE, but she's so used to not having it, that its icky to her now. but she's doing it. i got up to go to work friday and spent 10 hrs at the er on friday, 8 or 9 yesterday all on no sleep. i'm so freaking tired right now. but im at the point that i'm over tired. and can't sleep. plus i have to do laundry laundry laundry to keep up with the johnny's and chucks and sheets. oh good grief. somebody please tell this stinkin cloud to get moving past me. not that i wish anyone else the luck i've had lately. just out to sea or something would be nice.
if you still with me after this never ending post, i thank you for reading!
thanks for all you thoughts, love, and prayers ladies. but please keep them coming. i'm in for a long haul it appears!

morgansmom2000
06-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh Holly, a great big hug to you! You are a strong strong woman, but this is getting rather ridiculous! I've got my fingers crossed that mom improves a bit each day so it will get easier for you...Don't forget to keep taking care of YOU, you can't exhaust yourself, or you will be no good to anyone. :hug:

(BTW, I got your text and tried to reply, but there was NO service out in East Bum yesterday. Camping was fun!)

party of 3
06-14-2009, 04:33 PM
glad to hear camping was fun. did it rain??

PrincessNancy96
06-14-2009, 04:36 PM
How is mom doing now Holls?

rlovew
06-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Holly- I am so sorry to hear about more time at the er. Feel free to call if you need to vent.

Rebecca

morgansmom2000
06-14-2009, 04:49 PM
glad to hear camping was fun. did it rain??

Rain? No. Torrential downpours? Yes! But, thankfully, our troop was in a lodge and did not have to deal with the rain like the other troops did. We had 21 girls in a loft and 9 adults downstairs. It was nice and cool, I think I was the only one not cold...I run warm (and my whacked out hormones don't help! ;) ) I slept on top of my sleeping bag with my Disney blanket over me and my feet sticking out, everyone else was freezing. Ah well.

party of 3
06-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Nan- she seems to be ok tonight. **knock on wood**
thanks for asking! & for everything else!!!!

Rebecca-thanks for the offer. i might just need to vent!

Jennifer- I also run hot from the wacky hormones. so we would get along just fine. although, it was so cold in the er last night/this am i thought i'd freeze to death. i found the blanky warmer and kept going and getting warm blankets for ma and I!
that's so not like me. since my surgery last fall i'm one hot mama! and i had always been freezing before that! funny how the tables have turned.

ddavis860
06-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Holly, I hope things have calmed down a bit! Sounds just terrible what you and your mom are going through right now!

Sending good thoughts, P&PD :wizard:

morgansmom2000
06-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Ummm, blanky warmer. I would rather be cold than hot, but something about a blanky warmer sounds num yummy!

How's ma today?

DisneyIsTerrific
06-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Holly, I hope today is a better day. :hug:

MazdaUK
06-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Oh Holly, you are so going through it! Prayers that today is better and it keeps going up:thumbsup2

party of 3
06-17-2009, 07:18 PM
so i picked up my car on Monday and he said it needed ball joints too! oh great! another 400.00. ok. dh said "holl, let him fix it while he's got it." so tonight i'm driving home from work and my coolant light is on!!!!!! why?????
and my father is home from florida. and that comes with tons of drama!!!! he came to see me at work -which i'm super busy trying to catch up from all the work i missed being out with my mom and he wants to sit and chat. he won't come to my house to visit because my mom's there. to quote my friend....i need this like i need a hole in the head!!!! then i ask dh to take us to pick up the wheelchair for my mom and that was a hassle. the insurance will only cover a transport chair not a wheelchair. so i called the dr's yesterday and asked him to fax a new prescription for a transport not wheel chair and he did. we get there tonight and the chair they want to give us my mother will never fit it. $327.00 to buy outright. i told them what do i have to have to get the transport chair that she will fit in??? i need the dr to fax yet another prescription to them for a different type of chair. it's really one thing after another.
dh called the mechanic and i have to bring my car back down there, find a ride to home so i can take mom's car to work, go to my sisters house to have fathers day dinner tomorrow night....who's taking care of mom while i'm there....my laundry is as high as it can get.....my bills need to be paid.....my dh is barely working 40hrs......OMG-----STOP THE RIDE AND LET ME OFF-----

i think i have angered the gods for all this stuff that's going on.

thanks for letting me vent everyone.

i just want to once come here and say "oh everything is quiet and dull!!"

AlexWyattMommy
06-17-2009, 07:39 PM
:wave: quiet and dull that has been me for quite a while

:hug::hug::hug:
Sorry things are not getting easier.

New England Eeyore
06-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh, Holly. :hug: I really wish you could say that too! Hopefully soon!

DisneyIsTerrific
06-18-2009, 05:18 AM
:hug: Holly. I hope things calm down soon. Hang in there.:hug:

party of 3
06-18-2009, 05:31 AM
thanks guys for all the thoughts and hugs! i need them all.

today is thursday and it's a better day. i can just feel it! i'm going to take the high road today!!!!!

la la la la la la............positive thoughts..........one step ahead of another........ i can do it.........

PrincessNancy96
06-18-2009, 06:12 AM
:hug: big hugs Holly!!!! One step, one breathe, one day at a time...

morgansmom2000
06-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Holly! Gurrrrrl! Enough already! You need a long weekend to do nothing! Big hugs to you friend!

MazdaUK
06-18-2009, 01:43 PM
:hug::hug: