PDA

View Full Version : Target Toy Clearance Watch

newtodis
06-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Anyone want to watch with me?? I don't want to bog down the regular Target deal thread so I thought I'd start this one so we can post when we start to see things get marked down on clearance. I know it's coming soon and I know last year my Target was behind everyone elses.......

Share your clearance toy deals here....I'm so hoping for HUGE deals this year to get all my Christmas and birthday shopping done for the year. I know I'm going to have problems this year because we're planning to go to Disney (we're not - I am - it's a SURPRISE for DS4 and DH's birthday!!!) in July then to MI the last week of July for a wedding on August 1....hopefully I don't miss out on too much!!

BLLB
06-05-2009, 04:05 PM
I just got a Star Wars Edition, Leapster 2 with a Jedi Math game for $19.98, originally 79.98. Very excited.

Purchased at the Target in Green yesterday.

ShellieR
06-05-2009, 04:13 PM
subscribing to this thread:)

disneymomofmyca
06-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Our local Target always has the spring toy clearance in late April and early May...but nothing yet this year...hmmmmmm...I was wondering why??? I already did most of my yearly birthday/christmas shopping already after christmas but I always like the spring toy clearance so I can get my neices extra stuff to really spoil them. I hope it comes soon!

PolyndianPrincessJes
06-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Woohoo! I love when this thread pops up. Our is usually the first week in July (just after DS's birthday, of course). There are little things here and there that are 75% off, but I haven't seen the clearing of the aisles begin yet.

Jennia
06-06-2009, 12:14 AM
We went yesterday and found some good stuff. They had a wooden kitchen accessory stuff that includes a fridge, two bar stools, little table, and tray marked down to 3.74 from I think 16. VERY excited, got one for dd's bday and another for a birthday party we're going to in August. They also had the Little Einsteins rocket with all the figures marked down to 20. Last week at a separate store I found Baby Alive Goes Potty for 19 (dd had wanted it, so she's getting that for her bday also). This is all in WA state.

PolyndianPrincessJes
06-06-2009, 12:41 AM
We went yesterday and found some good stuff. They had a wooden kitchen accessory stuff that includes a fridge, two bar stools, little table, and tray marked down to 3.74 from I think 16. VERY excited, got one for dd's bday and another for a birthday party we're going to in August. They also had the Little Einsteins rocket with all the figures marked down to 20. Last week at a separate store I found Baby Alive Goes Potty for 19 (dd had wanted it, so she's getting that for her bday also). This is all in WA state.

There are a few of those dollhouse sets at ours, too!

I forgot, I went to Target today and got four hockey sets (stick, ball, puck) for $2.66 and a sweater for this fall for DS for $2.48! Unfortunately, I had to buy printer ink, so it negated my savings. :laughing:

2bearsmom
06-06-2009, 11:35 AM
I was at Target on Wed and they had 2pks of Transformers for $12-something (they were 50% off). I was so tempted to get one of each for my boys and hold for Christmas but I really really couldn't spend the cash right now. They also had the Transformers Ratchet bumper battler for $6-something (also 50% off).

richmond282
06-06-2009, 03:08 PM
I bought a Shake N Go Dragster Race Set yesterday. Originally it was $39.99. I got it for $9.98. I will probably never buy another toy for regular price again. I'm sos spoiled by Target's marked down toys, that 50% sometimes doesn't seem like much of a deal.

tink&cinderella
06-06-2009, 07:20 PM
This is a cool thread... we don't have Target up here (in Canada) but we will be driving to Florida at the end of June for one months, and try to hit the Targets on the way down... They do have some awesome sales...

xanphylus
06-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I love Target!!! I will have to hit it soon! I need to get my son's birthday shopping done- going to Disney for his first Birthday in Sept!! Hurray!

Starbrite
06-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Gonna keep an eye on this thread :thumbsup2 I need a good gift for a 8 year old boy

momandkidslovedisney
06-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I love the Target toy clearance sales. I am hoping to get my neighborhood block party prizes when they mark the toys down. I was able to get some awesome deals last year!! Our block party is in August, so I am hoping the deals start before the party!:goodvibes

littlelulu33
06-07-2009, 06:38 PM
We needed a gift for our niece and nephew they are doing a joint party this year. I had a couple of things that I could have given, but thought if I could find a good deal on wii games--they love their wii. Well they had Areosmith guitar hero with two guitars for $37.48 75% off. I called my x sil to make sure that she was ok with them getting Areosmith it said it was a teen game and they are going to be 8 and 10. She said they hear it on the radio and she was ok with it--and very excited that they are going to get that for a gift. I did not tell her the price and just said that it was going to be a joint gift if that was ok and she said the kids are going to flip out. My DH now wants one. We already have guitar hero, but he wants the areosmith game and another guitar too bad they only had one--need to go to other Targets now.

mward73
06-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I also got the Aerosmith Guitar Hero for $37.xx. I stocked up on a ton of toys for Christmas/birthdays during their January sale. I hope to grab a few more in July for some kids I missed the first time (as well as some new babies that have popped up!) lol

Last week I got a 8qt Rubbermaid cooler that plugs into the car adapter and keeps things either hot or cold. It was 75% off so I paid $15.xx. Gave that to my mom for her birthday.

MagicMomentsMom
06-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I know ours had clearance at 30 percent a couple of weeks ago in NC, I need to check it out and see what else is marked down

Yarna
06-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Keep an eye out for the G.I. Joe clearances to happen soon. All of it is currently NCF and it's going to have to go soon to make room for the new movie figures.

Vacation Lover
06-07-2009, 09:37 PM
I haven't found any good toy deals at Target lately. Hopefully they're just waiting for a big markdown soon...

newtodis
06-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I just got a Star Wars Edition, Leapster 2 with a Jedi Math game for $19.98, originally 79.98. Very excited.

DS4's getting one for his birthday in July. I got mine for $29.99 I think and was glad I did because they never put any more out so I couldn't have gotten it any cheaper.

Our local Target always has the spring toy clearance in late April and early May...but nothing yet this year...hmmmmmm...I was wondering why???

Huh! Last year was the first year I ever paid attention thanks to the DIS! I got like all of my Chirstmas and birthday shopping for the year done. I actually still have some odds and ends from last year (shh! don't tell DH!). It was certainly summer here in SC when the stuff was on sale. It seems like the end of June/beginning of July or maybe the middle of July because I couldn't get DS4's birthday gift because his birthday had already passed? I can't remember the exact timing! :rolleyes1

I also got the Aerosmith Guitar Hero for $37.xx. I stocked up on a ton of toys for Christmas/birthdays during their January sale. I hope to grab a few more in July for some kids I missed the first time (as well as some new babies that have popped up!) lol

Last week I got a 8qt Rubbermaid cooler that plugs into the car adapter and keeps things either hot or cold. It was 75% off so I paid $15.xx. Gave that to my mom for her birthday.

Would love to get a deal on the Aerosmith thing! DH would love that for Christmas!

WOW! Great deal on the cooler! I'll have to look for that as we drive to MI at least once a year to visit family and drive to Disney several times a year let alone t-ball games and other outings where we need a cooler. That would be a good Father's Day or wedding gift too!

Keep an eye out for the G.I. Joe clearances to happen soon. All of it is currently NCF and it's going to have to go soon to make room for the new movie figures.

Do you work at Target or just happen to know that? I don't know what NCF means - could you please tell me? If you work at Target can you give us a better idea of when things will start clearancing??? :worship:

I need all of my shopping done prior to July 25 which is my last day before leaving SC for MI where I will need to take the Christmas/birthday gifts so hopefully I'll get it all done before then! I've seen some things here and there on clearance but nothing like it was last year yet. I kicked myself so many times last year for waiting until that goes just a little more (like 50% to 75%) then it being gone. I can't wait to stalk Target on my lunch hours every day! :rotfl: I have DS4 (will be 5), DS2, new baby who will be a year in Feb, DNephew who will be 8 this year and birthdays galore with DS4 starting school in the fall I'm sure along with Toys for Tots and other stuff like that. Just hoping for lots of good deals!!

Starbrite
06-08-2009, 12:40 PM

Oooooooo I could really use one of those for our baseball tounaments when we're gone all day. Do you recall what department that was in? Was it the seasonal summer stuff, auto or maybe even sporting goods?

Thanks

mward73
06-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Oooooooo I could really use one of those for our baseball tounaments when we're gone all day. Do you recall what department that was in? Was it the seasonal summer stuff, auto or maybe even sporting goods?

Thanks

Sporting Goods - endcap near the bikes and camping stuff where they have all the clearance for that department. The box is maybe 18" x 12" x 12". It weighs about 10lbs so it's not a huge thing, but a nice day travel size.

Starbrite
06-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Sporting Goods - endcap near the bikes and camping stuff where they have all the clearance for that department. The box is maybe 18" x 12" x 12". It weighs about 10lbs so it's not a huge thing, but a nice day travel size.

Thank You :thumbsup2 I'm going to swing by ours today & see if they happen to have any.

thomascaldwell1
06-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was around the time last year I started getting more budget-concious and frugal... Around the same time the Target toy clearance begins for the summer, doesn't the baby department do a 'spring cleaning' also? I thought Baby was done in June or July, but I also thought it coincided with the Toy clearance... Any help would be great! Really could use a little of both! Thanks!

Yarna
06-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Do you work at Target or just happen to know that? I don't know what NCF means - could you please tell me? If you work at Target can you give us a better idea of when things will start clearancing??? :worship:

I don't work for Target, but I'm fairly knowledgable about the action figure aisle.

NCF means "non-carry forward", indicating that the DPCI will be discontinued in the very near future. At that time the stock cannot be replenished and the DPCI will go to clearance. Look at the shelf/peg tags and if you see a printed "NCF" then you know that clearance is on the way.

richmond282
06-08-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't work for Target, but I'm fairly knowledgable about the action figure aisle.

NCF means "non-carry forward", indicating that the DPCI will be discontinued in the very near future. At that time the stock cannot be replenished and the DPCI will go to clearance. Look at the shelf/peg tags and if you see a printed "NCF" then you know that clearance is on the way.

I did not know this. Thanks for the info. From what I have read about the toy clearance sale (on a different website), the sale is at the end of July or beginning of August. We'll see I guess. I stocked up in January, but I'm always willing to pick up some more things. I like to donate to Toys for Tots and the Angel tree.

newtodis
06-08-2009, 04:56 PM

Thanks! I didn't know that! Learn something new every day on the DIS boards! :goodvibes

I did not know this. Thanks for the info. From what I have read about the toy clearance sale (on a different website), the sale is at the end of July or beginning of August. We'll see I guess. I stocked up in January, but I'm always willing to pick up some more things. I like to donate to Toys for Tots and the Angel tree.

I don't recall when last year's started - I just started getting into the DIS boards and saving and such about this time last year. Some places are already reporting clearancing to start in various departments - not specifically just toys. Maybe it's coming sooner this year?? The last week of July I'm in MI - guess I'll have to prepare DH for making sure there's room in the van to get it all home! :rotfl: And I'll have to leave money with someone here to buy things this store has that the one in MI doesn't. I'd stop at every Target on the way home if we had the time! :rotfl2:

labdogs42
06-08-2009, 05:04 PM
You guys are killing me. Now I need to plan a solo Target trip so I can check all the aisles for good deals. I was there the other day with my DS in two, but I didn't spot any major deals. I'd love to snag that Aerosmith Guitar Hero for DH for Father's Day!

hmdavid
06-08-2009, 05:19 PM
For the last two years I have shopped Target's major 75% toy clearance while my girls are at dance camp, the last week of July. I scored HUGE deals last year!!!

vsimeone
06-08-2009, 06:19 PM

I ALMOST went to the Target on Arlington on my lunch break today but surfed the Internet instead.

Well, I know where I'll be going TOMORROW!

TheLittleRoo
06-09-2009, 01:55 PM
My *EVIL* Target in Chantilly, VA does not have their toys marked down yet. I say *EVIL* because they are so rude to anyone using a coupon. I hate shopping at that location, though it's only 4 mi from my home.

jana616
06-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Last year, the day toys went 75% off was on 7/31. It's (as long as I have been going to the toy clearance sales) been on a Thursday that they change over to a higher percent off. I'm on a "bargain hunting" message board, and moms from all around the country all found that to be the day. I can't wait!

newtodis
06-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Last year, the day toys went 75% off was on 7/31. It's (as long as I have been going to the toy clearance sales) been on a Thursday that they change over to a higher percent off. I'm on a "bargain hunting" message board, and moms from all around the country all found that to be the day. I can't wait!

So am I looking for 7/30 (Thursday) this year or 7/31 (same date as last year)? If that's the case, that's the day or two before DH's cousin's wedding and we'll be in MI...thankfully DMIL lives close to Target and the next closest one isn't too far away. His poor family will get to see my buying craziness in full swing! :rotfl: I was hoping it didn't fall during that trip but it's just my luck!

richmond282
06-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Will Target adjust prices if they change within a certain amount of time? Like if I buy clearance toys for 50% off and they go 75% later that week? I hope the sale isn't on the 30th. I absolutely can't go that week. Maybe I can "train" hubby on what to buy...:rotfl2:

JoiseyMom
06-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Will Target adjust prices if they change within a certain amount of time? Like if I buy clearance toys for 50% off and they go 75% later that week? I hope the sale isn't on the 30th. I absolutely can't go that week. Maybe I can "train" hubby on what to buy...:rotfl2:

They will not price adjust clearance. You would have to return it and buy another one, if they have another one.

thebeachdreamer
06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Love this thread!!

jana616
06-09-2009, 09:28 PM
So am I looking for 7/30 (Thursday) this year or 7/31 (same date as last year)? If that's the case, that's the day or two before DH's cousin's wedding and we'll be in MI...thankfully DMIL lives close to Target and the next closest one isn't too far away. His poor family will get to see my buying craziness in full swing! :rotfl: I was hoping it didn't fall during that trip but it's just my luck!

Who knows? I know that the 2008 January sale and the 2009 January sale were several weeks apart from each other, so I am sure this summer's date could be several weeks off from last years.

What I do is go every so often until I see the toys being condensed into a clearance aisle (or aisles). Once they are there, they are usually 30% off to start. Every sale prior to Jan. 2009, they went to 50%, stayed there for a couple weeks, then finally went to 75% off and it was cleared out in a day. In January however, my Target left the 30% off signs up, but when I looked at individual items, they were marked 75%. So really pay attention! But once they were 30%, I just made my weekly Target run fall on Thursday mornings, and I'd go at 9 am and check. This is only important if you want to be like literally one of the first few people there. If that's not possible, or you don't care quite so much, just check on here, or some of the other deal hunting sites every Thursday morning-as soon as it happens, you'll know!

Hope that helps! It is totally worth the hassle of stalking the sale. Summer of 2008 I got $400 worth of toys for less than $100, and in January I got over $500 worth for $150 or so. I am set for every birthday and Christmas, as well as every birthday party we are invited to, and I have some to donate. And I got some Disney items in January for our upcoming trip. It's the best thing ever!!!

billwendy
06-09-2009, 11:37 PM
I'll keep my eyes out, but my Target doesnt even have a clearance isle right now!!

threecrazykids
06-10-2009, 08:09 AM
They will not price adjust clearance. You would have to return it and buy another one, if they have another one.

Or just turn around and buy the same item you JUST "returned".;)

That's why I've NEVER understood why places don't just do price adjustments without this hassle. It's more work for them to return the item and then just turn around and sell it to you again at a lower price.

I suppose they are counting on people not taking the time to return something only to get the price adjustment.:confused3

I did it with a huge flat screen TV one time. They said they "don't do price adjustments"...so...I went home, hauled the darn thing back and said "I want to return this. She did, put the money back on my card and I said "Now I'd like to purchase it again". She just started laughing like "what the heck???".

I said "would have been MUCH easier to just do the price adjustment huh...";) She smiled and said she had never even thought of doing it that way. She found me pretty funny but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :):cool1:

itutorfortravel
06-10-2009, 08:34 AM

Okay I want to know where your bargain hunting thread is and if anyone can join?! There's not many things I like better than getting a good deal! :goodvibes

goofy5
06-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Anyone want to watch with me?? I don't want to bog down the regular Target deal thread so I thought I'd start this one so we can post when we start to see things get marked down on clearance. I know it's coming soon and I know last year my Target was behind everyone elses.......

Share your clearance toy deals here....I'm so hoping for HUGE deals this year to get all my Christmas and birthday shopping done for the year. I know I'm going to have problems this year because we're planning to go to Disney (we're not - I am - it's a SURPRISE for DS4 and DH's birthday!!!) in July then to MI the last week of July for a wedding on August 1....hopefully I don't miss out on too much!!

wow that is great! I never find those deals at my Target. I think the employees get them first

jana616
06-10-2009, 11:01 AM
wow that is great! I never find those deals at my Target. I think the employees get them first

I know at my Target, the morning it goes 75% off, the clearance aisles clear out that day. I'm usually one of the first ones there, and while I am walking around it gets busier and busier as word gets out. You'll see people loading up carts and carts full (to resell, I assume). So it may be that if you miss the sale by even a day, stuff is gone.

I was at the after Christmas sale this year, and an employee told me that if they see something they want while on shift, they can't set it aside or anything until they are off. I was surprised by that, but it does make it more fair! And I have definitely seen off-duty Target employees shopping the clearance toys, so they may at least know ahead of time what day to come in.

newtodis
06-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Ok so I'm definently looking for a Thursday for the toys to hit 75%. I recall our stuff here not being marked with the right % off either - even on the sticker. I spent a lot of time at the little self scanner thingy seeing what the "real" price was.

I'm just wondering this year if it's going to be bigger or smaller because of the economy?? I think things will go more quickly only because people are really looking for a deal on everything these days. I just don't know if they'll make room for more "holiday" toys or not this year. We need a Target insider to give us the scoop. DH said a neighbor works at Target during the night stocking shelves and such....maybe I can have DH see if he knows anything next time he's over there. I can just see it now, the two of them sitting there with their beer watching the game and DH says "So, whatdaya know about this Target Toy Clearance business?". He'll either give him all the details or look at him and pee his pants from laughing! :rotfl2: Here's to hoping he'll give him the details. I'll give DH his "mission" and report back if I'm able to find anything out.

Bren's Mom
06-10-2009, 11:10 AM
That's why I've NEVER understood why places don't just do price adjustments without this hassle. It's more work for them to return the item and then just turn around and sell it to you again at a lower price.

I agree! Last year I bought a coffee table and two end tables at Christmas Tree Shop. It was about $200. Then less than 24 hours later, the tables still in boxes in my van, I got an e-mail coupon from them for 30% off entire purchase. That was a big chunk of change I could have saved! It said not good on prior purchases, but I figured instead of returning and rebuying they might honor it since I'd JUST bought it. So I went to CS and they said No. You're welcome to return if you want, bring it in back to the loading dock. I went and checked, and there were tickets for the same tables still in stock so I went outside, drove to the loading dock.

The woman who was there was helping me get them from the car and I said 'Don't take them far, I have to go return them, wait in line to buy them again with my coupon and then I'll be right back.' She FLIPPED! She was SO mad at them that they wouldn't give me the price adjustment, thought it was ridiculous that this policy would cause HER more work. (Turns out she's the 'back' manager.)

So she turned to me and said 'Lock your car and come with me.' and I followed her through the back stock room, into the back of the store, up to the front cs desk. She asked me who had told me that and I pointed the lady out. She walked to the cs desk, called the lady over, told her this was BS, to return my stuff and re-ring it up and to not EVER send someone back to the loading dock with stuff to return and then re-purchase like that EVER.

Oooohhh...she was mad...and the cs lady was really po'd at me but, hey, I was just doing what they wanted me to do! I got my $60 back. (And then had to go back and reload the darn things in my car!)

Starbrite
06-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I agree! Last year I bought a coffee table and two end tables at Christmas Tree Shop. It was about $200. Then less than 24 hours later, the tables still in boxes in my van, I got an e-mail coupon from them for 30% off entire purchase. That was a big chunk of change I could have saved! It said not good on prior purchases, but I figured instead of returning and rebuying they might honor it since I'd JUST bought it. So I went to CS and they said No. You're welcome to return if you want, bring it in back to the loading dock. I went and checked, and there were tickets for the same tables still in stock so I went outside, drove to the loading dock.

The woman who was there was helping me get them from the car and I said 'Don't take them far, I have to go return them, wait in line to buy them again with my coupon and then I'll be right back.' She FLIPPED! She was SO mad at them that they wouldn't give me the price adjustment, thought it was ridiculous that this policy would cause HER more work. (Turns out she's the 'back' manager.)

So she turned to me and said 'Lock your car and come with me.' and I followed her through the back stock room, into the back of the store, up to the front cs desk. She asked me who had told me that and I pointed the lady out. She walked to the cs desk, called the lady over, told her this was BS, to return my stuff and re-ring it up and to not EVER send someone back to the loading dock with stuff to return and then re-purchase like that EVER.

Oooohhh...she was mad...and the cs lady was really po'd at me but, hey, I was just doing what they wanted me to do! I got my $60 back. (And then had to go back and reload the darn things in my car!)

I had very a similar situation with an entire living room set.....
They wouldn't adjust the price so I had to go back, have someone load all the same items onto a flatbed, haul them through the check-out where I bought them at the lower price. He then says, I'll wait here you pull your truck around....I said no thanks - just push them over to returns. I returned every item with the original higher priced receipt. Just as the boy was walking away....they paged him to come get his returns. :confused3 Stupid policy :lmao:

lisaaron
06-10-2009, 01:21 PM
subbing

Yarna
06-12-2009, 06:06 PM

Just as I predicted, I went to my local Target today and all G.I. Joe is now on clearance for 30% off.

newtodis
06-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Just bumping in case someone's notices/learned any new information! :goodvibes

newtodis
06-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Here are some articles on previous Target Toy Clearances for your reading pleasure while we're waiting for the mark downs to begin! If nothing else, we might have an idea of where to watch for hints as to when the big mark downs will begin and what it's looking like for this year! :thumbsup2

http://www.thebargainjargon.com/2009/01/how-to-shop-targets-75-off-toy.html

http://www.southernsavers.com/2009/01/target-toy-clearance-75-off-tomorrow/

If anyone else has anything to share, please feel free!

jenlynn0808
06-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Just as I predicted, I went to my local Target today and all G.I. Joe is now on clearance for 30% off.

Not in WA...I've been in 2 different targets in the last few days and nothing is on clearance in the toy sections here yet.

Born2Cruz
06-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Anyone having any luck in the toy department these days?

richmond282
07-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Check your stores. Mardowns started today. I went to my local store at 2 pm and they were still marking stuff down. None of it had been moved to a clearance aisle yet, though.

wendygrace
07-02-2009, 10:24 PM
I went to two Target's today in my area. They had endcaps for 30% off already however there were items for 50% off mixed in as well at both stores both on the endcaps and in the aisles. I also got real lucky and found a "Ponyville" accessory for 75% off ($2.72 I believe) that I picked up tonight. There were lots more stuff on clearance today then they had yesterday. I hope I hit it right for the 75% off because it looks like it my area there are a lot of items being moved out and I have lots of kids to buy for this year!

hmdavid
07-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Was in my Target tonight and TONS of toys had been marked down. Lots of Hannah and HSM at 30%.

Mel6197
07-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Love it love it love it...

I just hate the looks I get with all the toys I buy LOL

I could really go for some board games on clearnce this summer..
The kids adore them, they are great gifts for classmates, and soo easy to store, they just stack on each other..

wendygrace
07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Lots of board games were on clearance or sale in my area. I think Pictureka took up a whole endcap by itself though. There was a smattering of others at our stores. I need to stop at the third Target in my area today.

dancin'girl
07-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I know it was a holiday weekend and everybody was probably too busy to shop, but has anyone been to Target lately for the toy clearance? Just wondering if I should head over to check it out or wait another week?
Is anything 75% yet?

leagirl12
07-06-2009, 02:32 PM
I haven't seen 75% yet but my Target has 30-50%. I picked up a few things yesterday....which was really interesting since I had the kids with me. Luckily I had already checked out the clearance girls clothes and had gotten some things for DD. I just used them to cover everything and then sent them to a table in Starbucks while I paid.

Geesh.....the things ya gotta do to save some money. :lmao:

lecach
07-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I got a Playschool Take Along Pirates Castle at Target for $14.99 - regularly $29.99. Pretty happy with that, about the best clearance deal (other than Christmas stuff) that I have ever found at Target.

B&Bforever
07-06-2009, 07:31 PM
loving it

richmond282
07-06-2009, 09:26 PM
I know it was a holiday weekend and everybody was probably too busy to shop, but has anyone been to Target lately for the toy clearance? Just wondering if I should head over to check it out or wait another week?
Is anything 75% yet?

I posted this in the other Target thread, too. Toys are marked down on Thursdays. According to another website I read frequently, the toys should go 75% on July 30. They were only marked to 30% last week (at least at my store.) They will stay there for 2 to 4 weeks. Some will go to 50%; some wll go straight to 75%. HTH!

dancin'girl
07-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks so much! :)
I think I'll stop by to check it out now and then go back again in a few weeks!

r4blessings
07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
:goodvibesHas anyone noticed the Our Generation doll stuff on clearance? I'd like to get dd the wadrobe, bathtub and scooter this year for her AG dolls. So hard to hit the target clearance when all the kiddies are home!

dancin'girl
07-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I was at Target today and was disappointed. They had just 3 little end caps of stuff at 30% off, some of the shelves filled with the same item, so the selection was small. Hoping they add some more toys!

newtodis
07-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Lots of board games were on clearance or sale in my area. I think Pictureka took up a whole endcap by itself though. There was a smattering of others at our stores. I need to stop at the third Target in my area today.

Does anyone know how long Target would price match? I bought this game a couple of weeks ago! It's a great game BTW!

I got a Playschool Take Along Pirates Castle at Target for $14.99 - regularly $29.99. Pretty happy with that, about the best clearance deal (other than Christmas stuff) that I have ever found at Target.

Could you please tell me about this?? I have two boys who LOVE pirates and this may be perfect for them!! pirate:

I'll have to check my Target. DH was there last night picking up a prescription and shopping with DS2 for DS4's birfday present for his big brother :goodvibes He didn't mention anything on clearance but that doesn't mean anything! :rotfl:

wendygrace
07-08-2009, 10:27 AM
:goodvibesHas anyone noticed the Our Generation doll stuff on clearance? I'd like to get dd the wadrobe, bathtub and scooter this year for her AG dolls. So hard to hit the target clearance when all the kiddies are home!

None of the Our Generation stuff was on clearance at any of the stores near me. I double checked last night for you.

I was mistaken about the Pictureka. It was Partini. I checked again yesterday. I don't play board games but should have been more careful. Sorry about that.

Still several items either 30% or 50% off. Everything is still mixed aisle and endcaps. I didn't get lucky and find anything at 75% off this time. However, there were more endcaps and more stuff in the aisles on clearance then just a few days ago. I hope 75% comes soon. I have several bday presents to shop for!

daughtersrus
07-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know how long Target would price match? I bought this game a couple of weeks ago! It's a great game BTW!

Target won't price match on Clearance items. You would have to buy it and return it with your first receipt.

labdogs42
07-08-2009, 12:07 PM
This week, head to Kmart for awesome toy clearance. Forget about Target! :thumbsup2

labdogs42
07-11-2009, 12:19 PM
I was at Kmart AND Target today and my Target has marked down a bunch of stuff again now. Many things are up to 50% off now. They actually had a lot of the same stuff on clearance at Kmart. So, today, Kmart has the better price, but I guess tomorrow Target's price might be better!

carola2
07-14-2009, 04:24 PM
I went today and still 30%...:confused:

richmond282
07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I went today and still 30%...:confused:

Nothing will change until a Thursday. Toys are marked down on Thursdays (in a few places on Wednesdays.) Don't expect ot see 75% for at least 2 more weeks. In January, a lot of items went striaght from 30% to 75%.

PaulaSue
07-14-2009, 09:34 PM
This week, head to Kmart for awesome toy clearance. Forget about Target! :thumbsup2

Thanks BTW, after I saw this I went to Kmart and got some stuff. Sold it at my yard sale this past weekend too. :lmao: Got to go back and buy it again....

wendygrace
07-15-2009, 02:59 AM
Went to both Kmart and Target today. Kmart still had toys on clearance and even a few at $4.99 but they were smaller toys, or previously opened toys so I didn't get anything.

The one Target I visited at had moved their 50% off items to one aisle and the 30% were still on endcaps and intermixed in the aisles. I'm hoping some of their stuff drops on Thursday.

jenlynn0808
07-15-2009, 06:39 PM
The Target I was at today ranged from 30-50% off the toys. I did get one good deal though. The had one of the 12 inch GI Joes (Snow something) marked down to $3.74, regular price $14.99. Grabbed it to put away for Xmas, DS will be 4 in a few weeks and has just started getting into 'army guys'. He could care less if it is the new/movie or old version.

UCFALUM
07-15-2009, 10:03 PM

Ours were 30% on Sunday. The scooter, beauty seat, couple dolls were 30% so I guess they will be 75% if they make it until the 30th.

JessRabbit
07-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Has anyone checked today?

unfreshdiva1
07-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Still 30-50% off, but lots of "hidden" 75% off (got a bunch of Pocket Ponies sets for $1.74 regular price $6.99). Bought a bunch of Special Edition Care Bears (with crystals) for only $8.49!:goodvibes

momxx5
07-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Our Target has a much different markdown schedule that most of y'alls' stores do. However, I did find Generation Girl scooter marked 30% and they took an additional 10% off because there was a small scratch on it. Also the vanity was 30% off. The girls pooled their money and got both to share. They spent the whole day playing American Girls.

jenlynn0808
07-16-2009, 07:10 PM
I went to a different Target this morning, then the one I hit yesterday. They were marking down all over the store, the toys were between 30-50% off still, but they were starting to consilidate them into 2 clearence aisles. As a pp said there were some hidden items that were more then 50%.

Also whoever was looking for the generation stuff to use with the AG dolls, today's Target had the vanity set (it was a very cute table, mirror, and seat set) for around $15, which I think was about 50% off, and there were only a few of these.

bweagle
07-16-2009, 08:10 PM
As a pp said there were some hidden items that were more then 50%.

Did you find anything other than the pocket ponies and care bears the previous poster mentioned? I noticed my store had marked down a lot more into the 30-50% range than had been a couple of weeks ago, but if you wouldn't mind sharing some of the hidden 75% deals you found, I would like to head back to see if they were still available locally. I saw some pocket pony items today, but didn't really notice that they were even clearanced. Think I'll head back tomorrow and check it out further.

jenlynn0808
07-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Did you find anything other than the pocket ponies and care bears the previous poster mentioned? I noticed my store had marked down a lot more into the 30-50% range than had been a couple of weeks ago, but if you wouldn't mind sharing some of the hidden 75% deals you found, I would like to head back to see if they were still available locally. I saw some pocket pony items today, but didn't really notice that they were even clearanced. Think I'll head back tomorrow and check it out further.

The pocket ponies were one, and at a different target I manged to find a 12 inch GI Joe figure regular 14.99 for 3.74. I don't remember what else was more then the 50%, sorry.

ETA-some of the mark downs were in clothes. I got DS4-almost a pair of shorts for next summer for $1.34

tweedlemom
07-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Finally saw some Legos clearanced today.

JessRabbit
07-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Finally saw some Legos clearanced today.

What Legos were they? My DD is just getting into Legos and she is crazy about them. Would be great for Christmas!

tweedlemom
07-17-2009, 06:44 AM
What Legos were they? My DD is just getting into Legos and she is crazy about them. Would be great for Christmas!
Some of the city sets, all of the last series of Bionicles (not Glatorians), few Indiana Jones and Secret Agents. I have several Targets around me and 2 had the same Legos on sale, but one of them had them discounted for less, so shop around before you buy! Good luck!

pyrxtc
07-17-2009, 08:24 AM
I ahve never seent he lego'sd on clearance. Might just have to take a ride today.

mward73
07-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Ours also has a ton of the legos on clearance - 30% off. The Generation Girl scooter and vanity were 50% off - I almost bought the scooter for a Christmas present but they had so many, I'll wait for 75% off (I don't need it, so if they're gone, it's no big loss for me). Most toys were 30-50% off with a few sitting around at 75%.

On a side note - they had Pampers diapers 15% off, a handful of Wii games 75% off and a ton of kids clothes marked to $1.

JessRabbit
07-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Some of the city sets, all of the last series of Bionicles (not Glatorians), few Indiana Jones and Secret Agents. I have several Targets around me and 2 had the same Legos on sale, but one of them had them discounted for less, so shop around before you buy! Good luck!

Thanks! Will have to go check it out today!

piratemamaof3
07-17-2009, 09:02 AM
I was at my Target last night and it seems like nothing has changed in 3 wks. Every thing is still in the same places (mostly mixed in on the isles) and 30% off. I keep hoping for a little more. I would like some of the tech decks. Didn't see any legos on sale, would like to find them or some games. did find some of the cube worlds for 75%. I'll keep looking. hard for me to shop for the boys w/ them w/ me in the store.

luvmy3
07-17-2009, 09:07 AM
I ahve never seent he lego'sd on clearance. Might just have to take a ride today.

Whenever my Target does their big toy markdowns the Lego's go fast. They sell out at 30% off and I am never lucky enough to find any left :sad1:
Good luck, if you do find any could you please post which ones?

CinRell
07-17-2009, 10:40 AM
The pocket ponies were one, and at a different target I manged to find a 12 inch GI Joe figure regular 14.99 for 3.74

GREAT find on the GI Joe.. with the new movie coming out these are going to probably really go up in price!!!

JessRabbit
07-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Found a Lego Secret Agents Swamp Raid set today for 50% off. Saving it for Christmas for my DD. Didn't have any clearance Indiana Jones left at my Target.:sad2: She really likes the Indiana Jones sets. I hope to try another Target!

TupperMom7
07-17-2009, 03:07 PM
My Target has two aisles marked 30% off. Should I scan things to see if they are actually discounted more than that? Why don't they change the price stickers? They'd sell more items quickly that way.

richmond282
07-17-2009, 10:27 PM
My Target has two aisles marked 30% off. Should I scan things to see if they are actually discounted more than that? Why don't they change the price stickers? They'd sell more items quickly that way.

It is my understanding that the items have to be scanned by the mark down team to activate the lower price in the register. Chances are the sticker prices are correct (even if the sign isn't). There's a chance some items were missed, but if at least one wasn't scanned, it won't matter. The signs may read "30% off" even if some things are 50% or 75%, to keep people from putting items on the wrong shelves. The next person comes along and demands the lower price b/c the "sign says 75% off."

KnightFarms
07-17-2009, 11:07 PM
I just hit up the local target today and got some good deals.
Legos
Play dough
Magnadoodles
Pixos
Cool projector thing for view finder discs
Kids ATM for 8+ y/o's
Lots of MP3 i-dogs and accessories 50-75% off
Nascar toy cars and tracks were marked down.
All the Word
Most everything was marked down 50% at this point.

FIND OF THE DAY!!!!! I got a Leapster for $7.99 It was not coming up in their system and the girl came back with that price. I paid and just about ran out of there.

wendygrace
07-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Does anyone know when the bikes may go on clearance? I need a 20 inch girls bike for my niece and they are only on sale right now. I'd like to get it on clearance if possible. Thanks!

PolyndianPrincessJes
07-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Our Target has 2 aisles filled (at 30-50%), but I bet there's at least another aisle or two of clearance stuff still in their regular aisles.

I did find HSM sets (lamp, blanket, sleeping bag) for $6.24.

CinRell
07-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Hoping this thursday is "The Day"!!!

newtodis
07-20-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm headed to our Target today on my lunch hour. I'm hoping for some great deals! I'd love to find the Legos and Playdough others have found!!!

stephie1012
07-20-2009, 02:30 PM
our target had to aisles at 30% off yesterday...dd got a cinderella barbie set for $20 not a great deal lol but she wanted it

dancin'girl
07-20-2009, 07:31 PM
I went today and got a few toys - they were 50% off and still in the regular aisles mixed in with the reg. priced items.
I got Cars Lego sets - Lightning McQueen and Mater for $4.95, a Diego camera for $5.95, some of those pony sets (not My Little Pony) for $1.74 each, and the view master projector for $10.00. I also got these cute stuffed animal holders that hang up on the wall for $4.95 each. It was princess for girls and a rocket for boys. I saw the Little Einsteins tub toy but it was still $11 so I didn't get it. I'm going to return again at the end of the month for the 75% off.
Oh! Don't forget to check the book section, too. They had a few items marked down 75% off - like a Magic Treehouse boxed set (4 books) for $3.74-original price was $14.95.

CinRell
07-22-2009, 12:40 PM
*bump*.. maybe tomorrow???

Born2Cruz
07-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Anybody know if tomarrow is the day?

PolyndianPrincessJes
07-22-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm guessing next Thursday, but I'll be eagerly awaiting any updates tomorrow!!

afeld111781
07-22-2009, 10:34 PM
i went to target today...they had a lot of stuff marked at 50%. There was still a lot only at 30% too though. I did find some Monster Jam stuff at 50% and most of the Hannah Montana dolls and Camp Rock Dolls are 50%. I did find cute little Disney Pix micro digital cameras for 2.54 from 19.99. I bought 2 of those for my kids to mess around with. Its fun to see what pics they come up with. So Im thinking 75%...maybe next week. I hope and will def be watching!

Grumpy'sWife4Ever
07-23-2009, 01:24 AM
i went to target today...they had a lot of stuff marked at 50%. There was still a lot only at 30% too though. I did find some Monster Jam stuff at 50% and most of the Hannah Montana dolls and Camp Rock Dolls are 50%. I did find cute little Disney Pix micro digital cameras for 2.54 from 19.99. I bought 2 of those for my kids to mess around with. Its fun to see what pics they come up with. So Im thinking 75%...maybe next week. I hope and will def be watching!

I bought my son one of those little Disney keychain cameras too, last year on clearance at Walmart (I think it was $5) Anyway, it came with a little photo editing CD that was WELL worth the money, yours should have one too.....lots of Disney editing clipart, frames, etc. My DD4 loves to play with the graphics and make her own "Disney pictures" with the princesses, etc. I was so excited to have it to play with when we got back from DL! :thumbsup2

piratemamaof3
07-23-2009, 08:14 AM
went to my store yesterday and every thing was still mixed in on their regular aisles. the tec deck skate boards have not been marked down more for a month. Legos at 15%. We have a large trunk full of legos so unless if they are really really cheap I don't have to have them, even if the boys want them. Maybe I'll try Fri. to see if I find any new deals yet. It's hard to shop w/ the boys w/ me and they usually are.

JessRabbit
07-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Looking for Legos, HSM, Camp Rock things here. Called my Target and they are still 50% off.

PolyndianPrincessJes
07-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Looking for Legos, HSM, Camp Rock things here. Called my Target and they are still 50% off.

FWIW, there are lots of instances here on the DIS when the person answering the phone has no idea what's happening. I've even called once to check, the lady said everything was 50%, but I decided to stop in anyway and saw everything was 75%. :mad: I doubt it's at 75% today, but ya can't always trust the operator.

afeld111781
07-23-2009, 10:17 AM
I bought my son one of those little Disney keychain cameras too, last year on clearance at Walmart (I think it was $5) Anyway, it came with a little photo editing CD that was WELL worth the money, yours should have one too.....lots of Disney editing clipart, frames, etc. My DD4 loves to play with the graphics and make her own "Disney pictures" with the princesses, etc. I was so excited to have it to play with when we got back from DL! :thumbsup2

YES it does have the editing CD I was very excited about that. I figured even if the camera wasnt fun the software would be. I gave the cameras to the kids and they LOVE them... they are 2 and 4 so they feel so grown up :rotfl:

mom of princessx2
07-23-2009, 12:01 PM
I had to quickly stop in our Target this morning. Ran over to scan to toy section and our is still mainly 15-30% off. Seems like alot more clothes on the 50% off racks but didn't have time to really look. Will have to hit there tomorrow.

kittycatalina65
07-23-2009, 12:07 PM
50% here on some Lego sets (bionicle and some ones for kids 6-12) and 50% on Leapster games and the AC adapter. They had Cars, Batman, Foster's Imaginary Friends, and Creature Creator for 12.48.
Also, the summer activities are 50% off and they had T-ball, flying discs, beach toys, and other summery stuff.

luvmy3
07-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Juts a heads up, my Target has done toy markdowns and other seasonal markdowns in the middle of the afternoon before. Also the best way to know if further markdowns have happened is to call with a DCPI # so you can ask about the price. The CS reps don't always know if a markdown has happened but if they check a price for you, you can figure out what % off it is at that time.

JessRabbit
07-23-2009, 02:23 PM
FWIW, there are lots of instances here on the DIS when the person answering the phone has no idea what's happening. I've even called once to check, the lady said everything was 50%, but I decided to stop in anyway and saw everything was 75%. :mad: I doubt it's at 75% today, but ya can't always trust the operator.

You are right! Had a hunch and went out after calling.... Camp Rock Mitchie was 75% off as was the Shane and Mitchie 2 pack. The Troy and Gabriella 2 pack was 75% off as well. Also bought a Hannah Montana playset for $3.49.
Glad I went today!

jana616
07-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Went this morning and most stuff was still 30-50% off. I got a couple of things 75% off-Partini board game (was $20, now $5)-looks fun and makes a nice Christmas gift for my brother and SIL. Also the soap kits for the bathtub where you can mold them into shapes, kind of like play doh. They were $3.74 at 75% off. I got a couple of things at 50% off that I wasn't sure would still be around later-dino sand molds, and a stuffed animal organizer I've been eyeing. There was a very nice employee back there moving things around and she said they would be doing the markdowns more in phases this year (which is how they did it in January as well), but that next week more would be 50% and 75% off.

I did get one of the Disney keychain cameras, thinking my almost 5 year old could use it on our trip and my 2 year old could use his Kid Tough camera. Can anyone who has one tell me if you can see your images on the back? Is there a screen on there? It's so little I couldn't tell, but I don't want to open it til I know if I'm keeping it. Thanks!

matthewsmom1
07-23-2009, 03:02 PM
I've got my eye on Bionicles - they weren't marked down any more at mine today either.... Next week, hopefully!!

bweagle
07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
This morning I went early and found no additional markdowns, but this afternoon I found the following items at 75% off

Disney Fairies Jewelrey Box and Charm Bracelet (online compatible)
Mold and Go Soap Making Kit and Accessories
Little Tikes Spinning Doodle Markers (Farm and Jungle)
A Few other miscellaneous handheld electronics (too old for my kids so I didn't pay much attention)

Partini and HSM items were still 50% at my store today, Leapster Games still 30%, scanned them to make sure.

kimmylaj
07-23-2009, 06:10 PM
also saw disney fairy jewelery box
diego camera
some small electronics
and a couple of funkeys
for 75% in my target this afternoon
all other stuff between 30 and 50% off

IBelieveInTheMagic
07-23-2009, 06:43 PM
YES it does have the editing CD I was very excited about that. I figured even if the camera wasnt fun the software would be. I gave the cameras to the kids and they LOVE them... they are 2 and 4 so they feel so grown up :rotfl:

Hello there. Can you tell me what location you found these cameras? I would love to pick up one for my DS! :cool1: My Mom was at our Target today and scanned several items for me while I was on the phone and most, if not everything, at our place is still 30%. I might run by after work if I know where to look for these little cameras.

Thanks in advance!
Heather

afeld111781
07-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Hello there. Can you tell me what location you found these cameras? I would love to pick up one for my DS! :cool1: My Mom was at our Target today and scanned several items for me while I was on the phone and most, if not everything, at our place is still 30%. I might run by after work if I know where to look for these little cameras.

Thanks in advance!
Heather

Im in Janesville, WI. Not sure where youre at but there were only a couple left here.

afeld111781
07-23-2009, 08:43 PM
On another note about the disney faries jewelry box...I found at my toys r us a couple days ago they had all the fairy clickable stuff on cler. and an additional 80% off. The starter set was 3.99 and the extra bracelets with three charms were 1.54 and the two other game things that go with it were 1.74. I bought every part for less than 15 bucks it was awesome!:cool1:

IBelieveInTheMagic
07-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Im in Janesville, WI. Not sure where youre at but there were only a couple left here.

Oh gosh, by location I meant where in the store, what section. I should have been more clear, I'm sorry! :)

Thanks,
Heather

afeld111781
07-24-2009, 12:50 AM
ahh I thought maybe you lived near Janesville.....anyways it was by the electronic games in the toy isles, like the plug and play games and virtual pets and stuff.

pjtm
07-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Scored the Playmobil Take Along Castle for $7.48. So excited about that!

CinRell
07-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Great finds everyone!!!! I'm going to check mine at lunch today for those cameras.

I *did* get a new beach chair and summer caddy type thing I'm going to use as storage in my car for 50% off. They had a lot of cute summer toys left for that much too. I'm hoping they go to 75% soon. We leave to take my niece and nephew to their first trip to the beach in 2 weeks! Would be great to get stuff we can take.. and leave.. there LOL! Surely future vacationers to the condo could get use out of some sand toys if we left them nicely in a box or bag, cleaned with a note, right?

bweagle
07-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Today I found a National Geographic Star Gazer planetarium type toy for 75% off, but all of the other National Geo. toys were still 50%.

At one of the stores nearby Leapster Games were finally marked down to 50% off. On a whim, I scanned some regularly priced games too and found a couple ringing up 75% off! The two ringing up at $6.24 were "Get Puzzled" and "Cars". Funny thing was, they had a cars game with a clearance sticker that was ringing up 50% off, and the ones without were ringing up 75% off. I checked at two other stores, but these titles were ringing out full price at both other locations. I don't know why they were 75% off at one store (with no clearance stickers on them), but I'm glad they were! I used my $4.00 IP to make each game just over $2.00 each!

andee2000
07-24-2009, 07:46 PM

I'm replying really late to your message, but I bought the Our Generation Scooter at Target today for $19, I got the vanity and hair salon chair for the same price. My daughter was with me, so I told her I was buying it for her cousin's birthday. I couldn't chance the last one not being there tonight when I went back.

wendygrace
07-26-2009, 10:00 PM
I went into one of the local Target's today and it was a mess. Some stuff was 15%, some 30%, some 50%. There was an aisle of stuff that was supposed to be 50% but it was all mixed. End caps were mixed as well and there was stuff in the aisles of all % off. There was no rhyme or reason to the madness and nothing interested me. *sigh* I'll have to go see another store later this week.

Anyone know when bikes go on clearance?

CinRell
07-27-2009, 10:00 AM
The summer stuff must've gone to 75% (I checked 2 targets) last thurs. I went wed and got a few things at 50%... went yesterday and I can't believe how fast things cleared out. I'm really bummed as I wanted a certain picnic basket.. they were all gone. There was very few things left but I got some beach toys for my niece and nephew and some cute beach plates and some blankets/table cloths for our upcoming trip to the ocean. Everything was pretty much gone.

I did get a float I had wanted. It springs open and the outer edges inflate so your body is submerged in water (the center is mesh).

I wanted the full length one and they were both in the 75% isle, all together. The full length rang full price. the smaller one at 75% off. I brought both up. The cashier called up the manager. He said no.. the larger one was NOT on sale. In fact the small one wasn't on sale it was clearanced (whatever... he was getting stupidly technical).. he said if the larger one was supposed to be on sale it would have a red tag like everything else. I (nicely) explained everything I purchased was in the (small) 75% section adn there were MANY floats left.. mingled with the smaller ones... he said no. If it was it would have the red tag. I showed him NOTHING I had that WAS ringing up right had a red tag. He said "that's because tehy are clearanced.. not on sale"

I said fine.. I just want the small one. I then told the cashier they should send someone back to remove all of the larger floatations from the "Clearance" isle because there were many there mixed with the smaller ones.

She kind laughed it off.

I really hate that they seemed to think I was trying to pull one over on them. I really wanted that float too. Oh well.

As for the disney cameras.. I THINK I found them but they were $9.?? almost $10.. .one was pirates and one was cars.. I couldn't find the cheaper ones (darn!)

piratemamaof3
07-28-2009, 09:22 PM
ours are a mess also. I went to 2 targets today. about 10 min apart. One store mixed in, one was starting to condensed but was still all over the dept. One has stuff 75% off and the other one was still on 50%. Same toys it makes so sense to me.The one closest to me has not done additional markdowns in a month. I picked up at the first store some tech decks for $1.50 and some of the soap kits for 75% off.

bweagle
07-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Just got back from a Target run. Still ranging from 15-50% at both stores.

CinRell
07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
I know what a lot of us are doing on our lunch break tomorrow! :cool1::banana:

princessmorgan
07-29-2009, 12:04 PM
One store in my area is 75% off! I got some of the Disney princess doll sets that come with a vanity. They were $6.48 I think. There were some Handy Manny toys and Lego sets on sale. But I went to two other stores and they were still at 30-50% off. I spent about $100 and got a cart and a half full of stuff! :cool1:

richmond282
07-29-2009, 12:49 PM
One store in my area is 75% off! I got some of the Disney princess doll sets that come with a vanity. They were $6.48 I think. There were some Handy Manny toys and Lego sets on sale. But I went to two other stores and they were still at 30-50% off. I spent about $100 and got a cart and a half full of stuff! :cool1:

Most store mark down on Thursdays. Check back tomorrow.

afeld111781
07-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah so I went to Target just now and a TON of stuff went 75% off today. Alot of the summer stuff was still at 30 but a lot of the other stuff I was eyeballing went 75...I bought a huge cart load of stuff for 120 bucks (which includes a pocket v smile for 27 which was only 30 but we are driving from WI to disney and though my daughter could use that for that) The camp rock and HSM dolls were $4 (including the Troy and Gabriella 2pk) Barbie Mariposa too. A ton of yo gabba gabba, little einsteins, and Handy manny stuff for a couple to 3 dollars, I was looking for the Leapster which on Mon my store probably had about 10 of at 30% off but today they were gone. I wish I wouldve been able to get there this morning but I made out AWESOME.

I bought a ton of stuff for our church toy give away too... We collect some 500 $10 or so toys and bus kids from under priviledged neighborhoods in town to give away so that was a great deal too!

WeLoveLilo05
07-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Ooooooo! Maybe we will go there tonight!!! I haven't gone shopping in a long time, when it gets really nice out it seems I don't go shopping as much since we are always outdoors or at the beach.
So when did everything drop to 75% off?

summerrluvv
07-29-2009, 09:29 PM
I went to two Targets today, toys are still 30 and 50% off (not much at 50 off). The first store I went to, the summer stuff was 90% off. I was happy since I wasn't even keeping track of that stuff. I ended up with a pink baseball glove, flameless candles, a folding chair, some pic frames, a fish shaped cutting board, placements, outdoor plates and name tags for $10.

I don't think I'm going to bother going tomorrow since I know there won't be a leap from 30-75% off.

afeld111781
07-29-2009, 09:37 PM
actually a lot of the toys at our target did leap from 30 to 75% so you never know. as for when it dropped to 75 today as far as I know for our store.

luvmy3
07-29-2009, 09:40 PM
I went to two Targets today, toys are still 30 and 50% off (not much at 50 off). The first store I went to, the summer stuff was 90% off. I was happy since I wasn't even keeping track of that stuff. I ended up with a pink baseball glove, flameless candles, a folding chair, some pic frames, a fish shaped cutting board, placements, outdoor plates and name tags for $10.

I don't think I'm going to bother going tomorrow since I know there won't be a leap from 30-75% off.

Usually things that are 30% do get marked to 75%. This past January was the only time I remember when some things went to 75% and other things stayed at 50% so I don't know what to expect. Also some things in some stores went to 75% while the same in another store didn't. If there was something you had your heart set on getting at 75%, even if its only 30% now, I'd definitely check tomorrow just in case.

Ashlander
07-30-2009, 06:52 AM
I went to 2 Targets after work yesterday and they had already marked everything down to 75%. I was lucky to get a bunch of things - but it had already been picked over. Still I was happy to save a little money :)

kimmylaj
07-30-2009, 07:47 AM
i went to my target 1 hr before closing ( in a black out no less but they still let us shop) they posted 50% or more signs at closing time. when i asked about 75% he laughed and asked where i heard such a thing. hmmm if only he knew about my brilliant dis friends. anyways got a leapster last night for 20 dollars planning to head back today i want some legos!

richmond282
07-30-2009, 08:17 AM

You will probably regret that decision. From what I've read elsewhere, only the summer toys are staying 30%, everything else is going 75%

dancin'girl
07-30-2009, 08:51 AM
I was at Target yesterday and they were beginning to put everything into one aisle. Many toys were still in the 30-50% range, so I asked when they would be going to 75% and the clerk looked at me strangely? She said they were told to keep the signs at 30%. I'm going to try back again today and see how it stands. There were several items I was eyeing and don't want to miss out!!!

luvmy3
07-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I was at Target yesterday and they were beginning to put everything into one aisle. Many toys were still in the 30-50% range, so I asked when they would be going to 75% and the clerk looked at me strangely? She said they were told to keep the signs at 30%. I'm going to try back again today and see how it stands. There were several items I was eyeing and don't want to miss out!!!

Thats probably because some of the toys will remain at 30% and if they put up signs that say 75% they will have to sell them for that. My advice is to scan everything when you go back even if there is a 30% sticker on it.

Motherofboys
07-30-2009, 10:14 AM
I went first thing this morning and there was no one in the toy aisle except for me and all of the workers re-pricing and re-shelving :cool1:

Got a cart full of great stuff for $115 total, this is truly one of my favorite days of the year! :goodvibes

Some of the stuff was in the 75% off section but still wasn't scanning at 75% off. That was true for Bionicles, Bakugan, and some Star Wars action figure sets. The stocker told me that they were going to be scanning them into the system today and then changing the prices in the computer. Would have like to have got them at 75% off, but I guess I will check back tonight.

I did get Camp Rock Dolls Mitchie and Shane for $5 each, Nerf Phlat ball for $3.74, an RC mini stunt bike for $10, an aquadoodle mat for $6, and quite a few assorted baby toys for under $5. They also had tons of the plush "my first" Mickeys, Poohs, and Tiggers for $4.59 each. Lots of the moon sand sets and pixels too.

Good luck everyone, so glad my Christmas shopping is now 1/3 of the way done!! :yay:

JessRabbit
07-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Just came back from my Target! Same here with re-shelving and re-pricing.
Bought the single singing Shane Mitchie and Tess from Camp Rock for $5 ea, HSM 3 Gabriella bedroom set for $7.49 Camp Rock game for 2.72 Thumbelina dolls for $3 something. 4 500 piece puzzles for $2.52 Camp Rock microphone for $3 something. I ended up with a cart full and some Christmas shopping started:cheer2:
Good luck, now if I could just find legos!:)

MRDUCKIE07
07-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Florence Ky store had a few things at 75 off and they were clearing shelves I guess for the new stuff, the clearance wasn't all in one aisle you had to go to different aisles to find the red stickers.

unfreshdiva1
07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Just back from Winter Park, FL Target. Tons of stuff now 75% off. Lots of Camp Rock, Hannah Montana, HSM3 dolls. I thought I was already done with christmas shopping for the nieces/nephews, but I thought wrong!:goodvibes

kaismahma
07-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Just got to work after checking the two Targets by my house. Both in Apple Valley, MN are marking stuff 75%. Two cart fulls for less than $100. :cool1:
Birthday presents and some Christmas are complete for the neices and nephews. I love it when the day starts off right. Have fun!

Ashlander
07-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Just hit up a different Target and they had just marked down to 75%. I've really done good. I have to stop buying now...I hit up K-mart last month and Target now. We have so much stuff for Christmas! I'm very happy not to have to worry about Christmas shopping. Now I just need to make a list of everything I have in the attic!

wendygrace
07-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Went to two stores today.

First store (plainfield, il) had marked down to 75% off yesterday. The signs still said 30 or 50% but they were nearly all stickied at 75%. It was pretty picked over but still got $90 worth of stuff (and 99% of it was 75% off!!). I picked up a Lego's Indiana Jones Crystal Skull set for 50% off. I also picked up Pixos stuff, HSM Messenger bag, Hyper Jump, Hot wheels, Barbie Mariposa, aquadoodle zip bin, diego doodlepro and tons of other stuff.

Second store (oswego, il) I got there around 930am or so. When I came in they stated that everything had been stickered the correct price already. They were starting to consolidate. When we first got there they had two aisles bookmarking the toy section that were on clearance and a bunch of stuff mixed in the aisles. By the time I left they had nearly everything in two aisles with the 30 and 50% off signs but nearly everything stickered at 75%. I picked up $75 worth of stuff here, all of it 75% off. Here they had My Little Pony (the plush baby pony), breyer's horse stuff, didj games (other system games were also on clearance as were the pink didj's), puzzibits, science kits, activity trays and more.

Chatting with other power shoppers I learned that Yorkville, IL still has not gone to 75% but North Aurora, Batavia and Naperville/Aurora had.

Not sure if I'm gonna go back out. The kids are exhausted. But I do have about 6 more stores in my area. Decisions, decisions.

Bren's Mom
07-30-2009, 02:02 PM
I just did the store closest to my office. My co-worker and I scored!

2 aisles, both marked 50%. Everything we checked was either stickered or scanned at 75%.

She paid $17.17 and got a Breyer Horse Sense board game, a Geo Trax set and a tub Rocket (Little Einsteins).

I got a tub moldable soap set and accessory pack, a light up Toy Story flashlight thingy and a Slinky Dog (both in honor of ds's Toy Story b-day coming up), a Matchbox 6x6 off road set (comes with the track and 1 vehicle) and 2 extra vehicles, a baby lightup/musical toy (Infantino), 2 V-motion games (Wonder Pets and Thomas) and a My First Science Set...grand total WITH tax was $45.54! :banana: Heck, the 2 v-motion games are normally $24.99 ea so basically I got those 'on sale' and everything else was free!

And I have ds's b-day PLUS Christmas AND a bunch of b-day parties coming up...not to mention that I'm a Target clearance addict...so I will be stopping at the Target near home after work! :cool1:

leagirl12
07-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Just went to my Target at lunch and racked up!!! :cool1:

I LOVE Target Clearance!!!! Between the January clearance and today DS's Christmas is done. Didn't have too much for DD....she has outgrown most of what they had....although if I let her play with Bratz I could have racked up...man I couldn't believe how much there was of that.

labdogs42
07-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Just hit up a different Target and they had just marked down to 75%. I've really done good. I have to stop buying now...I hit up K-mart last month and Target now. We have so much stuff for Christmas! I'm very happy not to have to worry about Christmas shopping. Now I just need to make a list of everything I have in the attic!

I know, between KMart and now Target, my attic is pretty full! A list would be good!

My target (Allentown, PA, Cedar Crest Blvd) had lots of stuff at 75% off as of today. I got Pirate moon Sand kits for $4.97, that little Cars digital camera someone mentioned a few pages back for $9.98 (that was only 50% off), Spongebob MP3 players for $7.48, Hot Wheels Power Scouts for $1.97 each, 50% off Super Soakers, the mold and play soap kit, the chemistry kit, a little Hannah Montana microphone keychain that lets you record and play back your voice (totally cute, that's for my neighbor's DD) for $1.49, and some other stuff I already forgot about! ;)

I'm wondering if it would be worth going to the brand new target they just opened last week? Would they have clearance stuff, too, or maybe not because the store is so new? Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks again, DIS-ers for the scoop on this sale. I never would have known to be stalking the aisles if it wasn't for you awesome folks! :cool1:

lovemylife
07-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Just wanted to say thank you guys so much for this thread. I just came back from my Target. I got $275 retail for $60. I have all of my Christmas shopping done for my nieces and nephews and some for my son. He was with me, but thinks they are for other kids. He'll never remember everything. Thanks again.

kfeuer
07-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Just back from the Newport Hwy. store. They had quite a bit at 75% off, but the Legos were only 50%. I'm not surprised since they started at 15% off, but I was hoping they might be 75% off anyway. I went ahead and got the Star Wars AT-TE walker for $44.48 anyway--even if it goes 75% off next week I doubt it would still be there.

Other finds:

Schleich medieval soldiers/knights $1.24-$3.74 they also had elves/fairies
Blokus 3D $6.24
Nerf gun for Wii $3.74
Travel domino game $1.22
Didj game $7.48

I usually walk out with a huge cart full, but there really wasn't that much my kids are interested in this year (except the Lego's--if they had been 75% off we would have filled a cart).

CinRell
07-30-2009, 03:25 PM
I'd love to have found a didj but they only had a game or two. I just went during lunch.

I got my niece a yo gabba doll that sings and a ballerina barbie looking doll ($4.?? each). A nemo key chain and pinball game ($1.98 each). A fake rattle snake for $3.?? to scare the birds from my sister's kids' swingset. And the BEST find here the motorized thomas trains. The 2 piece type.. they were 50% off and I got my nephew 4 or 5 that he doesn't have. He's potty training and this is GREAT bribery! They were only $5.4?

piratemamaof3
07-30-2009, 04:17 PM
I went but had all 3 boys w/ me so didn't get a lot of look time, we were short on time also. But did go ahead and get 1 set of the legos at 1/2 off. and one of the Bakuugan large figures. But that was about it. i did better at the other store the other day. I have all boys of different ages to buy for but didn't really see a lot that would work for us.

disneyfor3
07-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Just got back from Target. The sales persons were in the toy aisles marking most clearance down to 75 percent. I got the following haul at 75 percent off:
Lego Bionicle Jetrax T6 - $12.48
Lego Bionicle Rockoh T3- $9.98
Lego Bionicle Mistika - $3.22
Lego City Coast Guard Helicopter and Liferaft - $9.98
Lego Indiana Jones Jungle Cutter - $9.98
Mold n Play Soap - $1.74
Matchbox Power Scouts Snake Valley Transporter - $5.18
Didj Fosters Home - $7.48 (got my son the Didj last year at 75% off)
ScienceWiz Light and Energy Sets - $5.18 each
Fantasma Magic Top Hat Show - $3.44
Fizzy Foamy Science Set - $5.18

Spent $79.08 for about $320.00 worth of stuff. My son is a total Lego addict so was thrilled with my finds.

summerrluvv
07-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Well I'm glad ya'll told me I should go anyway!!

Got up, went to one store nearby..nothing being marked down, but all the new toys were going out on the shelves. Didn't have time to sit around, so I went to another store nearby. JACKPOT! Marking down as I walked in at 9am. I was the only one there, in a hurry, but got

6 World World sets (LOVE these! Might go back for more in a few)

2 Leapsters

2 Aquadoodle Picnic Baskets

1 Floor Puzzle

1 Our Generation Doll Vanity (have been stalking this for weeks!!)

1 Fur Real puppy that rolls over (gave it to DD already and she LOVES it)

2 Thinkativity learning toys

1 Pirate Moon Sand

1 Viewmaster Projector (been wanting one of these forever for the kids!)

and I think that's it!

The best part is that DS (10) still believes in Santa, so I told him that I think I'll wrap up a lot of the toys I bought for DD (2) and tell her Santa brought them. He totally went for it LOL

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

jenseib
07-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Is it starting today? I was going to go to Target tomorrow to pick something up, so I guess I'll take a look around. I also have a 10% off coupon somewhere, if I remember correctly.

How much were the leapsters going for?

Whitty
07-30-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm wondering if it would be worth going to the brand new target they just opened last week? Would they have clearance stuff, too, or maybe not because the store is so new? Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks again, DIS-ers for the scoop on this sale. I never would have known to be stalking the aisles if it wasn't for you awesome folks! :cool1:

I went to our brand new Target that just opened today as well and was totally bummed that I wasted the trip....THEY HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON CLEARANCE!!!! Not even 30%..................but I did get some things at the other three Targets I hit. It's weird because a few things that were 75% off at one Target were not even clearanced at the other two Targets...it's so random.....

hmdavid
07-30-2009, 09:30 PM
I went to our brand new Target that just opened today as well and was totally bummed that I wasted the trip....THEY HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON CLEARANCE!!!! Not even 30%..................but I did get some things at the other three Targets I hit. It's weird because a few things that were 75% off at one Target were not even clearanced at the other two Targets...it's so random.....

There was nothing on clearance at the new store because they are fully stocked with new merchandise. The others are clearing out old merchandise so that they can set for the holidays.

summerrluvv
07-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Is it starting today? I was going to go to Target tomorrow to pick something up, so I guess I'll take a look around. I also have a 10% off coupon somewhere, if I remember correctly.

How much were the leapsters going for?

$12.48

I went to another Target tonight and got

GeoTrax Zoo Set

Baby Alive

Nascar racing set

Wooden Stable

Equestrian Person

Princess Moon Sand

Wii Nerf Controller (didn't realize no game is included)

Tech Deck playset

Bathtub bubble blower

Floor domino set

Partini (great for adult secret santa gift!)

wendygrace
07-30-2009, 09:58 PM
I got soooo much stuff. I went to 5 different Targets in my area and found something different at each store.

Those of you who did the leap frog games. There are coupons on leapfrog.com for money off (for didj games its $6 off) good on even clearance games. If you print them out and take it back to the store tomorrow, they may give you some money back (they did for me). I bought Super Chicks for $1 and change!

I also got a My Generations Doll for $5.xx and a MGD Vanity for $7.xx. And my greatest score may be the Fur Real Cat I got for $9.xx! My dd is gonna love this! I probably bought two+ carts full of stuff today. I'm so glad we're in a good enough position to be able to give to charity this year!

jenseib
07-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Did anyone notice if they had any leapfrog leapster games on clearance. I would love to get a few cheap ones. Also I hope ours has a leapster on clearance as well, but with my luck they won't. I would love to get one for my niece.

Also any highschool Musicale dolls? I know DD has been wanting the Sharpay doll that comes in a golf cart (my neice has that one) and I sure hope I can find one. It's become her new obsession. LOL!

richmond282
07-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Did anyone notice if they had any leapfrog leapster games on clearance. I would love to get a few cheap ones. Also I hope ours has a leapster on clearance as well, but with my luck they won't. I would love to get one for my niece.

Also any highschool Musicale dolls? I know DD has been wanting the Sharpay doll that comes in a golf cart (my neice has that one) and I sure hope I can find one. It's become her new obsession. LOL!

Honestly, you're probably out of luck if you didn't go today. But, just in case, there were some Leapster games (Cars, Disney Princess, Sonic Hedgehog, and more I can't remember). The green Leapsters wer marked down to $12.48, but I doubt there will be any left. I think there were some HSM doll on clearance, but they weren't the ones with the accessories (just the dolls)

jenseib
07-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Well honestly I don;t need anything. I got so much a few weeks back at K-mart when the yahd their big clearnace. But I have to go to Target tomorrow anyways, so I'll take a look. I live 1/2 hour away from all stores, so I rarely pop in on a whim. LOL! I don't know if people around actually know about this kind of sales for the most part. K-mart was a ghost town when I went and in year past I have gone and got some really cheap stuff at Target. But it won;t be a wasted trip tomorrow, so if I get lucky, all the better.
I must say though that my Target has gone donw hill alot and keeps takingthings off the shelf and I pretty much have stopped shopping there. I can never find any of the brands I like anymore. I switched to Walmart for most stuff now. That and Meijers. Our Target isn't a superstore though.

jenlynn0808
07-31-2009, 12:14 AM
I went late tonight and got some deals. But quite a bit of what I wanted was still ringing at only 30 or 50% off. I did get some Little Einstiens stuff, Hotwheels cars, and the Target brand of GI Joes.

My Target had a ton of HSM, Camp Rock and Hannah stuff still.

Couturier
07-31-2009, 12:18 AM
I went in again today and there was more marked down, but they were still in the aisles so it was harder shopping. I am going to hit the other Target tomarrow and see if they have anything left. Here is what I got:

Bratz doll 2.48
3 Polly pocket sets @2.48 each
Baby Bratz with pets 2.48
Dora baby twins 3.48
National Geographic Panda Bear 3.24

I got so much stuff at Kmart I dont have much more room to store stuff! LOL

Thanks! Dana

piratemamaof3
07-31-2009, 12:21 AM
decided to run back by on my way to work. this time I didn't have the boys but was still short on time. But did find a few deals I missed earlier today.

Picked up another lego set, found one star wars one.
orange i-dog the small one. DS 5 always plays w/ them in the store. it was $3 and change.

spongebob mp3 player. 7.50 They had purple and pink. got the purple one for DS5. I don't think he will care about the color and he is so rough on stuff so if he looses or breaks it, not as big a deal. Actually got the pink one for me. Will keep that some where like my purse to keep my other one in better shape.

a few teck decks. .75 for the basic ones.

and one thing I can't remember the name of. they are these soft flat shapes that you connect to each other. On the box was a picture of a skull in a pirate hat.

I had to be careful and really think. There were some stuff on good deals but had to be sure it could be used as a gift. And since we are redoing the younger boys room and looking at the pile of toys I was trying to be careful.

jenlynn0808
07-31-2009, 12:31 AM
but I wanted to add my favorite find tonight was Valasic Oval Pickles. $1.48 for the big jars and I checked the experation dates (got 2 at Dec. 2010 and 2 at Feb. 2011). My store had a ton of these-like 2 shelves full. We use pickles on burgers and sandwiches and the kids and DH snack on them, so I thought that was a good deal.

Also, for those of us with older kiddos...I picked up a 6 pack of earings for DD11 for $3.48. It had 2 sets of hoops and then stars, dots, and hearts all in pink, purple, and blue. Be careful though, I had picked up a few different sets and some of them were missing an earring or had a broken earring. Also some of the purses are on clearance.

bclydia
07-31-2009, 03:16 AM
Wanted to say that thanks to this thread I thought to stop in at Target when I was down in Seattle last week and managed to snag a Playmobil Take Along Castle for less than $8!!!!
I will have one very happy boy at Christmas!

dancin'girl
07-31-2009, 08:21 AM
Went to 2 Targets last night and did really well. I actually had to put stuff back on the shelves because it was just going to be too much and my kids don't need so many toys! I was able to get toys for every child on my list for upcoming birthdays and Christmas for about $100! Great deals!!!!

Two items I haven't seen listed here are Baby Dora Surprise doll by Fisher Price for $6 and a Baby Alive Goes Bye-Bye Doll for $6. I didn't get either of those (nobody to give them to), but great prices!

leagirl12
07-31-2009, 09:32 AM
I am going to hit a different Target today at lunch and hope they have marked things down. I am wanting to find some more My Generation doll items as DD is getting a AG doll for Christmas and these accessories are much cheaper. Yesterday I got a scooter...today I am hoping they have the vanity I have seen posted on here.

Wish me luck!!!

mypalstitch
07-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Went to two stores today.

First store (plainfield, il) had marked down to 75% off yesterday. The signs still said 30 or 50% but they were nearly all stickied at 75%. It was pretty picked over but still got $90 worth of stuff (and 99% of it was 75% off!!). I picked up a Lego's Indiana Jones Crystal Skull set for 50% off. I also picked up Pixos stuff, HSM Messenger bag, Hyper Jump, Hot wheels, Barbie Mariposa, aquadoodle zip bin, diego doodlepro and tons of other stuff.

Second store (oswego, il) I got there around 930am or so. When I came in they stated that everything had been stickered the correct price already. They were starting to consolidate. When we first got there they had two aisles bookmarking the toy section that were on clearance and a bunch of stuff mixed in the aisles. By the time I left they had nearly everything in two aisles with the 30 and 50% off signs but nearly everything stickered at 75%. I picked up $75 worth of stuff here, all of it 75% off. Here they had My Little Pony (the plush baby pony), breyer's horse stuff, didj games (other system games were also on clearance as were the pink didj's), puzzibits, science kits, activity trays and more.

Chatting with other power shoppers I learned that Yorkville, IL still has not gone to 75% but North Aurora, Batavia and Naperville/Aurora had.

Not sure if I'm gonna go back out. The kids are exhausted. But I do have about 6 more stores in my area. Decisions, decisions.

Funny, I live down the street from the Plainfield store, and didn't go there yesterday. I scoped out that clearance the nite before. Instead I went to Shorewood, Joliet (mall) and the one in Romeoville on Weber Road. The Shorewood one was swarmed with employees redoing the aisles, had to ask for the legos, they were on pallets in the back. Got a few things, not much. Then the mall one had just started repricing, everything was still in aisles, had not consolidated. But still didn't find that much, then went to Weber Rd, and they had alot. Got a few Didj's for $17.48, a Lego Bulldozer set, hyperjump and a few others. I had bought all the big lego sets when they were 15% off, and have not found any since.

CinRell
07-31-2009, 10:22 AM
Oh I'd have LOVED to have found those dora twin babydolls!

kalliyan1
07-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Anyone able to find the $6 coupons? I've looked and don't see them. Anyone able to help?
TIA
I got soooo much stuff. I went to 5 different Targets in my area and found something different at each store.

Those of you who did the leap frog games. There are coupons on leapfrog.com for money off (for didj games its $6 off) good on even clearance games. If you print them out and take it back to the store tomorrow, they may give you some money back (they did for me). I bought Super Chicks for $1 and change!

I also got a My Generations Doll for $5.xx and a MGD Vanity for $7.xx. And my greatest score may be the Fur Real Cat I got for $9.xx! My dd is gonna love this! I probably bought two+ carts full of stuff today. I'm so glad we're in a good enough position to be able to give to charity this year!

dvcnewgirl
07-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Went today and with this and the Kmart sale Christmas is almost complete. WooHoo!!:banana::banana:

PaulaSue
07-31-2009, 11:36 AM
THanks for the reminder everyone!

I ran last night and got a few things but my prize for the night was a LPS pet fitness center for $12.50 reg $50. :woohoo: My Mom is so happy. It is for her to give my girls for Christmas and with her being laid off and now a money cut (TG, she got called back) every little bit helps!

wendygrace
07-31-2009, 04:45 PM
If you go to the leapfrog site and sign-in in the learning paths section there should be a link that says something like "save 15-25% on learning path recommend products". click on "learn more" and a page pops up with several different coupons (both online and b&m) for all the learning path products they have (tag, tag jr, didj, leapster II) as well as other leapster products. hth

Anyone able to find the $6 coupons? I've looked and don't see them. Anyone able to help?
TIA

pyrxtc
07-31-2009, 05:04 PM
I got a couple of lego sets but they were still only 30% off plus had to pay MA tax... Yech !! I also bought a couple word World animals as gifts for friends kids.

richmond282
08-01-2009, 09:25 AM
If you go to the leapfrog site and sign-in in the learning paths section there should be a link that says something like "save 15-25% on learning path recommend products". click on "learn more" and a page pops up with several different coupons (both online and b&m) for all the learning path products they have (tag, tag jr, didj, leapster II) as well as other leapster products. hth

Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!!!! It appears you can print as many as you want, too. Gonna take these back to Target and see if they will adjust my prices. The worst they can tell me is "No".

jenseib
08-01-2009, 01:09 PM
I went yesterday. My store had alot, bu I don't think much of anything was marked less than 50% off. Also the selection wasn't good. It was mostly stuff I would never buy. I did get DD a Camp Rock boy and girl Barbie set. She loves it and is happy with that.

rflorek
08-01-2009, 04:09 PM
I went to one of my local Targets on Thursday after work, and there were about 2 aisles worth of clearance toys, almost all 75% off. I picked up a bunch. This morning I decided to go get some other items at the same store and there is about one 3 foot long shelf of toys left - everything else is gone!!:scared1:

mickeymaker2003
08-01-2009, 04:49 PM
I went a couple of days ago and got two "Cat in the Hat" Tag books for 48 cents after $3.00 coupon. I also bought two science kits for a little over $5 each (originally $20)--one was chemistry and the other was inventions. They looked fun and educational. I also bought Cranium Cadoo for $3.75 and another board game for $3.50. I also bought a Tag National Geographic Land Animals activity cards set for $1.98. They also had one Thomas wooden railway expansion pack for $6 something and I got that too. Everything I bought was 75% off, but there was other stuff that was still only 50% or less off.

wendylovesdisney
08-01-2009, 10:50 PM
At one of the stores nearby Leapster Games were finally marked down to 50% off. On a whim, I scanned some regularly priced games too and found a couple ringing up 75% off! The two ringing up at $6.24 were "Get Puzzled" and "Cars". Funny thing was, they had a cars game with a clearance sticker that was ringing up 50% off, and the ones without were ringing up 75% off. I checked at two other stores, but these titles were ringing out full price at both other locations. I don't know why they were 75% off at one store (with no clearance stickers on them), but I'm glad they were! I used my $4.00 IP to make each game just over $2.00 each!

Anyone else find this to be true? My store had Foster's Home on clearance but nothing else. On the other hand, I did not scan "regular" priced games at all...

jenlynn0808
08-01-2009, 11:34 PM
that the same item is different prices at different stores? Driving me nuts! I got a couple of Thomas sets that were 50% off (last ones so I grabbed 'em) at a Target on Thursday, was at a different Target today and they were only 30% off, and yes I did scan them to check. A lot of the toys at this particular Target were only 50% off.

I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with the distance between stores and the competition that is around. Where I lived in MI I had 3 Target stores in my city and another 5 with in about 20 minutes. Now that I live in the boondocks in WA and the 5 closest targets ar all 30-40 minutes away (figure 20-30 miles) I have found different prices at the 3 I have gone to. Today's store seemed to have the highest prices, but they had stuff I hadn't seen at the other 2, so I picked up what I wanted. Actually I have bought some things twice because it was cheaper at one store, so now I have to go do returns this week! UGH!!!

kimmylaj
08-01-2009, 11:38 PM
i found the same thing. the cashier in one store told me to go to another because they had a better clearance going on. she said it depends on the neighborhood. she said since this target was in a "rich " neighborhood (her words not mine) they mark down less because people are willing to pay more. i did go to that other target but didnt find much left. i ended up hitting 4 targets and finding different prices at each. aaarggh.

jenlynn0808
08-02-2009, 12:02 AM
I think a part of it might be a lack of competition too. There are no Walmarts, Kmarts, or Fred Meyers near any of these stores. One of the Targets has a Kmart, but that is at least 20 minutes west of it (and not easily accessible-lots of back roads(and not very clean)), and the other four Targets don't have any other big box stores nearby to compete with. So Target kinda has the market share in these areas.

Don't get me wrong, I love Target...one of my favorite stores to shop at, and I am very thankful for the deals I did get. It helps being able to stretch my dollars, and get more for it. I just feel like I'm being kinda squeezed, because they can and know I dont have a whole lot of other choices to shop at.

wendygrace
08-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Anyone seen any summer toy clearance or sports clearnace or have any idea when these will go?

jenlynn0808
08-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Anyone seen any summer toy clearance or sports clearnace or have any idea when these will go?

I think they are already...I picked up a 3 pack of mini balls and an igloo cooler a week or so ago.

disneymama83
08-05-2009, 12:37 PM
I got some fantastic deals at my Target. Every toy I bought was 75% off! Good stuff too. I'm practically done with my 2 boys and a few other kids! I have already made the list of what I have and stored them in tubs!

I was excited about this sale because both DSs b-days are in Dec.(3rd and
8th) so I need these kinds of sales!:woohoo:

rflorek
08-05-2009, 05:55 PM

My Targets have had summer toys at 30% off for over a week now.

leslie826
08-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks OP and everyone else for reminding me of these sales! I got a bunch of things 75% off!! I was especially excited to find a wolverine claw for my nephew for $4.98 and tini puppini outfits for $2.48 (got the dog on amazon last week for $9). Hooray for great deals!! :cool1:

kfeuer
08-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I think a part of it might be a lack of competition too. There are no Walmarts, Kmarts, or Fred Meyers near any of these stores. One of the Targets has a Kmart, but that is at least 20 minutes west of it (and not easily accessible-lots of back roads(and not very clean)), and the other four Targets don't have any other big box stores nearby to compete with. So Target kinda has the market share in these areas.

Don't get me wrong, I love Target...one of my favorite stores to shop at, and I am very thankful for the deals I did get. It helps being able to stretch my dollars, and get more for it. I just feel like I'm being kinda squeezed, because they can and know I dont have a whole lot of other choices to shop at.

I know what you mean--in Atlanta I had lots of Targets near me so I could find almost any clearance item I wanted. Now I'm in Spokane with only 2 Targets within an easy distance and it's a whole other ballgame! I've still found some good deals, but it's not the same as when I had several Supertargets close by.

I ran in quickly today to see if it was worth coming back tomorrow (hoping that the remaining Lego's would go to 75% off, they were only 50% off last week). I'm not going to bother, they only had one City set and a few Bionicles left. I'm glad I went ahead and got the Star Wars set last week at 50% off, there's no way it would still be there if I hadn't.

blaze1599
08-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Mangaed to finsih my sons b-day shopping at our local target with Legos at 50% off. Got a couple of the large Star wars sets that would normally be out of our price range. Stopping by another one tomorrow in hopes of finding a few more sets.

jenlynn0808
08-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I know what you mean--in Atlanta I had lots of Targets near me so I could find almost any clearance item I wanted. Now I'm in Spokane with only 2 Targets within an easy distance and it's a whole other ballgame! I've still found some good deals, but it's not the same as when I had several Supertargets close by.

I ran in quickly today to see if it was worth coming back tomorrow (hoping that the remaining Lego's would go to 75% off, they were only 50% off last week). I'm not going to bother, they only had one City set and a few Bionicles left. I'm glad I went ahead and got the Star Wars set last week at 50% off, there's no way it would still be there if I hadn't.

At least you found Legos! 3 targets and not a single set, not even at 30% off (or 15% for that matter either). I never saw any legos clearanced.

Kfeuer, I see you are from WA too (and a transplant too :laughing:)...maybe it is a WA thing with Target...:confused::confused:

tweedlemom
08-06-2009, 10:05 PM
FOund a VSmile Pocket for $9.99 today!

billwendy
08-06-2009, 10:31 PM
FOund a VSmile Pocket for $9.99 today!

Oh man - I'd LOVE one of those - my targets dont really have anything good - just a bunch of those stuffed animals!!

richmond282
08-07-2009, 12:04 AM
I made my great deals even better today. I came across some Leapfrog coupons on their website ($5 off Leapster games; $10 off Didj; there are others too). I took the Didj and 2 leapster games I bought for 75% off back to Target to see if they would price adjust. Bingo!!!:cool1: No problem. I ended up paying $7.48 for the Didj and $1.22 for each leapster game!!! Wish they had more!

aja319se
08-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Thank you all for inspiring me to go to my target! I did awesome.
Camp Rock Barbies $5
Tech Decks $1
Tony Hawk Ramp $5
RC Helicopters $5

I'm almost done Christmas shopping and picked up extras for all the birthday parties the kids get invited to!:banana::banana:

richmond282
08-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Found Tag Reading Pen today 50% off (These must have been marked yesterday b/c they weren't there Thursday evening). I'm going to print some coupons off the Leapfropg website and go back.