PDA

View Full Version : Mailing post cards from resorts

wendyww
06-18-2002, 09:43 PM
We are leaving Thursday!! Just wondering if we can mail some postcards from the FQ? :p

scanne
06-19-2002, 05:41 AM
Yes! All resorts sell stamps at the front desk and you can either leave your postcards with a castmember or find one of the mailboxes within the resort. They aren't the blue mailboxes, though, so you may have to ask where it is.

There is an old-fashioned, AND REAL, mailbox on Main Street in the MK. I love mailing my postcards from there. It's on a lamppost (if I remember correctly) and it's green and not too big.

Have fun!

Beanie
06-19-2002, 06:53 AM
Yes you can...I usually take some single stamps with me and then buy a postcard at MK or Epcot and mail it right from there...I love mailing them from the same mailbox as Scanne is talking about in MK...or if I find myself busy at the parks, I give them to the front desk of the resort I am staying at and they always take care of them! :)

Have fun!! :)

scottie
06-19-2002, 07:10 AM
Last year we had to mail a payment for a bill (yes we forgot to mail it out before we left home) while we were in WDW. We dropped it off at the front desk at the GF and figured it would arrive within a few days...we were surprised to find out the payment did not arrive for over a week (I think it was about 10 days)! When called the hotel back to ask why it was taking so long they said that Disney has a crazy mail routing system set up and it takes several days to be processed before actually makes it to the USPS. Not sure if they were telling the truth or if maybe our envelope was just misplaced...in either case we will just stick to mailing post cards and not important materials from a resort.

BCV23
06-19-2002, 07:27 AM
We've had the same experience with mailing postcards from the Poly. It seems to take as long as if they were mailed from a third world country! I used the mail slot near the front door. Does anyone know if the mailbox on Main St. is maintained by Disney or by the USPS. I need to find an actual USPS box to send my DD letters while I'm there next week.

Poohshoney
06-19-2002, 08:24 AM
We stayed at CBR/OPR/AKL in April/May and we could send them from all three so I'm sure you will be able to. Have a great time!

:wave:

Meriweather
06-19-2002, 05:40 PM
Yes, be prepared for whatever you mail to take some time.
We had postcards that took so long to be recieved we were back home already!!
Took 2 weeks for DD to get one of hers.

Jordan's MOM
06-19-2002, 07:57 PM
We too mailed a lot of post cards our first day of a week vacation and we beat them all home!!

EpcotBill
06-19-2002, 08:22 PM
If you take Palm Parkway from the WDW area to Universal, there is a little post office about halfway(the name of the road changes, might be Turkey Lake or Sand Lake, not sure). Anyway, your postcards will get home before you do, and you don't have to endure I-4 traffic to get to U.:D

BCV23
06-19-2002, 08:42 PM
Thanks, EpcotBill!:)

manning
06-19-2002, 09:36 PM
I believe there is, or was, a post office on the road that leads out due east of Downtown Disney. That's the road that all the hotels are on. Think it is on the left hand side as you drive east (away from Disney).