PDA

View Full Version : Disney pools

roller418
06-18-2002, 10:42 PM
Hi...
I read in Birnbaum's Walt Disney World Guide 2002 that if you stay in a Disney World resort, you may use the pools of any other Disney resorts. Is this true? Does anyone have any information about this?

Thanx!

jenny2
06-18-2002, 10:57 PM
I believe only DVC members have pool hopping privleges. If you're staying at a resort that has a "sister" resort, like POR and POFQ, then you can use the pool of the other resort.

Kirk
06-18-2002, 11:10 PM
Might want to read this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216371

Apparently this is no longer true for Stormalong.

Disneydenise
06-19-2002, 08:37 AM
Years ago it used to be that if you were staying at a Disney resort you could pool hop. As the hotel situation has expanded and the various categories been added the pool hopping privelge has been discontinued. It is a shame but I am sure you will agree that if you were unable to find a chaise at tteh hotel you were staying at it would annoy you ... Even when they are strictly enforcing the pool entrance policy at say the BC/YC often it is difficult to find a place to lay your towels and book down while you take a dip.

Kirk
06-19-2002, 12:44 PM
Disneydenise,

Since I'll be staying there for a week coming up shortly I'd have to selfishly say it's a good policy. But with the ever dwindling list of perks available to resort guests I really wish they'd make up for it in another way. But I know - Don't hold your breath!

Deb & Bill
06-19-2002, 06:40 PM
This isn't one of the "dwindling perks" to resort guests. It hasn't been a perk for many years to resort guests, only DVC members staying on points at a DVC resort. And then, not during the most popular times - Easter, Spring Break, Christmas.

eeyore0062
06-19-2002, 07:04 PM
All of the resorts do have nice pools, but the themes vary, and the value resorts don't have slides. So if a fancy pool is important, be sure to stay in the corresponding resort. You can, however play in the PO-R pool while staying in PO-FQ and visa versa, because they are sister resorts. I think it is only fair that those who pay the price to stay in a certain resort should have access to that pool, and some pools are very crowded, even with access being limited to resort guests only.

Kirk
06-19-2002, 07:52 PM
Excuse me Deb & Bill I must be confusing my "perks":D

DeeP
06-19-2002, 09:23 PM
value resorts don't have slides

Also, none of the pools at OKW have a slide.

BCV23
06-19-2002, 09:52 PM
Deb & Bill...but for many years it was a perk of staying at a Disney hotel. Although we never took advantage of it, it was a listed advantage for many years. I think when Disney added so many rooms at the moderates and values it had to take away this perk. I think it only makes sense and I wish they checked IDs at the Poly. I've heard they do but have not witnessed it. When we were there in March we were in Rapa Nuie and saw many families in swim attire headed from the TTC toward the pools. It was very hard to find a chair much less a table.

MELSMICE
06-20-2002, 07:05 AM
BCV23 - Same w/ us at CR this past Easter season. They did check ID's once, however, I saw many families head from the main building with their "beach bag" to the bathroom & come out in swim attire. It was annoying because the pool at that time of year was very crowded. I really wish they would have checked ID's more often.

We were caught as pool hoppers 1X when we actually thought they still had the pool hopping privelege. Imagine our surprise & embarrassment when we found out they had discontinued it. I can understand why they took it away. I imagine there are park guests only that go to various pools.

Honestly, the older I get the more of a hassle I think it would be to try & "sneak" into another pool. I would rather pay the price of the resort if I felt strongly about the pool.

Deb & Bill
06-20-2002, 06:57 PM
We went for the first time in 97 and it was not a perk then for resort guests to pool hop - only DVC members. That's still the way it is. It may have been a perk before then, but not in the last five years. So, it's not a recent dwindling perk.

Kirk
06-20-2002, 07:07 PM
We http://members.fortunecity.com/agreeve/babiescol/TN_STAND.GIF to be corrected;)