PDA

View Full Version : Repeat Cruisers, help me make up my mind.

jeanigor
06-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Which of the above choices would you pick to do PCC 2.0?

DVCsince02
06-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Just to help me help you, what is your reasoning for these choices?

jeanigor
06-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Price isn't really that much of a factor. All four choices are within $100 of each other.

1) Keeping my current room. Wouldn't hate it. But it would be my least favorite of the four options. Biggest winning point: two decks down from the pop machine. (Basically there for the don't do any of the other options.)

2) Sideways Cat 11. I really liked the way it is laid out. I visited Kim's and it felt very spacious. She did say the bathroom was small and there was noise from the hallways. Neither of which would bother me, I don't think. Also directly above WD Theatre and Route 66. (easier to stumble home at night?)

3) Cat 10. An extra 30 sq ft. Split bathroom. And if I'm luck enough to get one on Deck 7, by some other awesome DISers. Also above Route 66, but this time by elevator for sure!

4) Cat 6 on 6. Thinking about sharing a room again. Already have someone in mind. The lure of a veranda. Biggest winning point: closer proximity to mid-ship.

disneyholic family
06-05-2009, 11:58 AM
i voted for keeping what you're booked in now, but in truth i think they're all good choices...

here's my reasoning for sticking with the one you have:

it's aft - i prefer aft staterooms to forward staterooms, since the feeling of movement is much less pronounced in the aft of the ship as opposed to the front....

since you suggest sharing a cat 6 with someone, i'm assuming that you'll be going it alone in the cat 11.....for one person the cat 11 is a perfectly good size....the only disadvantage is the lack of a verandah...
but personally, i'd rather give up a verandah than have to share space with someone......
especially since on this cruise, you'll probably be out and about much of the time, as opposed to being in your stateroom sitting on the verandah...

disneyholic family
06-05-2009, 12:00 PM
ok....now i just read what you wrote...

if you don't mind sharing, then i would definitely go for the cat 6, midship with the verandah
so i'm changing my vote to that :goodvibes

DVCsince02
06-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Price isn't really that much of a factor. All four choices are within $100 of each other.

1) Keeping my current room. Wouldn't hate it. But it would be my least favorite of the four options. Biggest winning point: two decks down from the pop machine. (Basically there for the don't do any of the other options.)

2) Sideways Cat 11. I really liked the way it is laid out. I visited Kim's and it felt very spacious. She did say the bathroom was small and there was noise from the hallways. Neither of which would bother me, I don't think. Also directly above WD Theatre and Route 66. (easier to stumble home at night?)

3) Cat 10. An extra 30 sq ft. Split bathroom. And if I'm luck enough to get one on Deck 7, by some other awesome DISers. Also above Route 66, but this time by elevator for sure!

4) Cat 6 on 6. Thinking about sharing a room again. Already have someone in mind. The lure of a veranda. Biggest winning point: closer proximity to mid-ship.

Okay, here goes.

1. You said it's your least favorite choice, so let's rule that out. You are paying a lot of money, so you should be happy.

2. Noise and small bathroom. A small bathroom isn't a big deal if you have it all to yourself. Noise wouldn't bother me, especially since you will be there a very small amount of time.

3. A split bath isn't all that great unless you have kids. I found it to be a pain to go from one to the other with just Chris and I. With kids, I'm sure I'll love it.

4. A roomie can be tricky. Privacy, snoring, etc.

I choose #2.:goodvibes

winotracy
06-05-2009, 12:35 PM
I'll help you with some of these - probably eliminating some choices. Responses in Red.

If the pop machine is important, this should be your first choice. We love aft rooms for this reason. Go up and get a beverage in the morning, noon or night and be close to the room. When we were forward, it was a pain to go to the back of the ship for a drink then back to the front for the pool.

See my comment about being forward. These rooms are all forward. Being above the theater is a problem for some due to noise, but you are usually there or on Route 66 so not a problem.

Great choice, but your room will be on deck 2. Deck 5 and 7 rooms are all reserved.

Won't likely get midship unless it is part of a connecting room as these are reserved as well. You will likely be aft.

scarlett873
06-05-2009, 12:44 PM
My only weigh-in...is we're on deck 6 aft!! :banana:

So if that's important to you...:rolleyes1

Just teasing ya!

If it were me, and $$$ was no object, I would probably opt to go it alone without a roomie. Just my opinion of course...I would probably only do the roomie thing if I knew the other person well enough to feel really comfortable with them.

I really liked the location of an aft cabin! We didn't take advantage of the pop machine and stuff, but I liked not noticing the motion nearly as much! We were near the aft elevators...and it wasn't too bad stumbling "home" after Wavebands each evening...

disneyholic family
06-05-2009, 12:47 PM
i agree about the split bath - i hate them...

by the way, on our previous cruises, we've been midship, but the staterooms are all reserved this time, so we'll be much more aft this time....should be interesting...a new point of view..

that is, assuming i get the room....i haven't received a confirmation back yet...but hopefully i will ..

parrotheadlois
06-05-2009, 12:58 PM
My only weigh-in...is we're on deck 6 aft!! :banana:

So if that's important to you...:rolleyes1

Just teasing ya!

If it were me, and $$$ was no object, I would probably opt to go it alone without a roomie. Just my opinion of course...I would probably only do the roomie thing if I knew the other person well enough to feel really comfortable with them.

I really liked the location of an aft cabin! We didn't take advantage of the pop machine and stuff, but I liked not noticing the motion nearly as much! We were near the aft elevators...and it wasn't too bad stumbling "home" after Wavebands each evening...

and we're on Deck 7 aft, so I voted for that! I mean that secret deck on 7 looks perfect for secret parties.

NancyIL
06-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I've been on only one Disney cruise, and it was in a cat. 6 handicap cabin at the very back of deck 6. I wouldn't mind being in an aft cabin that's close to the aft elevators, but we were too far back.

I feel the seem way about being at the front end of the ship, having just gotten off a Princess ship with a cabin close to the forward elevators. The only thing it was convenient to was the theater 3 decks below. I'd rather be midship or aft.

No point having a split bathroom if you're by yourself!

I have paid for only 1 balcony cabin, and that was on the Wonder at my mom's request. While they're nice to have, when would you have time to enjoy it? I am too cheap to pay for one again! :teeth:

Good luck with your decision.

Disneybridein2k3
06-05-2009, 01:08 PM
I voted for the cat 10 for the possibility of a deck 7 before I read Tracy's response. :guilty:

tickledtink33
06-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Tracy beat me to telling you all the cat 10's on deck 7 are taken. I wanted to be near my buddies so I took a cat 8. :)

I vote for the cat 11 sideways room.

*You already know you like it
*You can be on a higher deck 6 or 5 (instead of down on 2 which is farther away from us)
*Your room will be up only a few decks from route 66
*You were not in your room nearly enough to take advantage of the balcony
*With the less expensive room you may not need a cabin mate and will have more privacy.

Just my 2 cents

Oh, almost forgot the most important factor

wait for it..............

Your room won't be in the 10 o'clock corridore. :rolleyes1

experiment_627
06-05-2009, 01:33 PM
I picked the sideways Cat 11 just because we liked ours so much. Although I would have much preferred to be selfish and stay where you are because we are in a Cat 11, deck 7 aft. :goodvibes

BriarRosie
06-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I had voted for deck 6 because even if you're down the hall, you'd be my neighbor. :dance3:

Dodie
06-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Todd:

We loved our verandah (category 6, deck 6), but honestly, how much time did YOU spend in the stateroom on PCC 1.0? I think that's what you want to think about.

mainegal
06-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Tracy said....
If the pop machine is important, this should be your first choice. We love aft rooms for this reason. Go up and get a beverage in the morning, noon or night and be close to the room. When we were forward, it was a pain to go to the back of the ship for a drink then back to the front for the pool.

I have a sideways cabin (happy with that!) deck six foreward.

I like soda / pop.

How long does it take to walk to the beverage station aft when you are at the front of the ship - in my room or by the pool?

A two minute walk or a ten minute walk? Is it ship the length of a football field?

I think for all the eating I expect to do on the cruise, the walk will be good for me!

tlcoke
06-05-2009, 02:24 PM
T
I have a sideways cabin (happy with that!) deck six foreward.

I like soda / pop.

How long does it take to walk to the beverage station aft when you are at the front of the ship - in my room or by the pool?

A two minute walk or a ten minute walk? Is it ship the length of a football field?

I think for all the eating I expect to do on the cruise, the walk will be good for me!

I too am in the Cat 6 sideways rooming with Lyn (Mainegal), the exercise to the Soda machine will be fine with me also. Todd, Come party with us on Deck 6.

jeanigor
06-05-2009, 02:29 PM
I think I am going to go with the sideways 11. Thank you all for your input.

And mainegal, I would estimate maybe 10 minutes round trip, especially if you took the stairs...the elevators are nice, but slow.

mainegal
06-05-2009, 02:30 PM
And mainegal, I would estimate maybe 10 minutes round trip, especially if you took the stairs...the elevators are nice, but slow.

Stairs! Good... more exercise!

kab407
06-05-2009, 02:32 PM
All the cool kids are on deck 6.

I'm just sayin.

:love2:

jeanigor
06-05-2009, 02:35 PM

I'm just sayin.

Yeah. Pink is the new black. 6 is the new 7.

tiggerbell
06-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Come join Shanan and I for coffee on my verandah! You know when it comes to you, Todd, I have an open door policy! :goodvibes

aspen37
06-05-2009, 02:50 PM

I'm just sayin.

Kathy, this uncool kid on deck 7 will be spending 5 nights and 6 days with you in California. So be nice to us on deck 7. ::yes:: ::yes:: :teeth:

jeanigor
06-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Come join Shanan and I for coffee on my verandah! You know when it comes to you, Todd, I have an open door policy! :goodvibes

If I can bring diet coke instead? Or a mimosa? Then you may just have made a deal!:thumbsup2

tiggerbell
06-05-2009, 02:53 PM
If I can bring diet coke instead? Or a mimosa? Then you may just have made a deal!:thumbsup2

Absolutely!!! :woohoo:

kab407
06-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Kathy, this uncool kid on deck 7 will be spending 5 nights and 6 days with you in California. So be nice to us on deck 7. ::yes:: ::yes:: :teeth:

I say it in jest, Anna.

Truth be told, my Mom now asks how Todd is. She thought he was absolutlely adorable!

Someone is taking over the top dog spot in my family.

aspen37
06-05-2009, 03:00 PM
I say it in jest, Anna.

Truth be told, my Mom now asks how Todd is. She thought he was absolutlely adorable!

I know you were joking. I was just poking you back. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Renysmom
06-05-2009, 03:07 PM

Whoo Whoo... We are on 6...

Can I use that quote to make a door sign Todd???

NancyIL
06-05-2009, 03:15 PM
I think I am going to go with the sideways 11. Thank you all for your input.

Good thing I didn't ask to switch to that LAST sideways cat. 11 on deck 6! I figured you wanted it more than I did. ;)

TXYankee
06-05-2009, 03:26 PM
What is a "side ways" Cabin?

guynwdm
06-05-2009, 03:56 PM

If you get a veranda, don't mess with the navigator veranda, I had one and it was not much more than a open porthole IMO. I liked being at the front of the ship closer to the spa, adult pool, theaters, clubs. The walk to food was the exercise plan for eating an extra dessert or two or three..... It was good to be away from the soft serve.

guynwdm
06-05-2009, 04:00 PM
I say it in jest, Anna.

I am wondering if Kathy's mom is going all cougar on Todd... hmmmm I think Jamie might have to watch out. :lmao::rotfl2:

DVCsince02
06-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I am wondering if Kathy's mom is going all cougar on Todd... hmmmm I think Jamie might have to watch out. :lmao::rotfl2:

Kathy, can you guess what I am thinking...............:laughing:

Hey Todd, good decision. (I believe that is what I said.):goodvibes

kab407
06-05-2009, 04:05 PM

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Rob!!!

This is my Mom we're talking about.

She has a "special" friend already!

georgemoe
06-05-2009, 04:05 PM
I say it in jest, Anna.

:eek: Since when did Todd become a puppy dog? :goodvibes

kab407
06-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Kathy, can you guess what I am thinking...............:laughing:

Hey Todd, good decision. (I believe that is what I said.):goodvibes

:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

robind
06-05-2009, 04:17 PM

Hope you have a big verandah, cause I'm bringing my diet coke too. :rotfl:

guynwdm
06-05-2009, 04:20 PM
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Rob!!!

This is my Mom we're talking about.

She has a "special" friend already!

I think your mom could more than handle juggling 2 men. I hope I have half the energy she does when I am her age. Lunch with you you 2 more than set the pace of fun for the ship.:laughing:

L.E. Ott
06-05-2009, 04:20 PM
I picked the sideways Cat 11 just because we liked ours so much. Although I would have much preferred to be selfish and stay where you are because we are in a Cat 11, deck 7 aft. :goodvibes

Yeah, and our particular room comes with one of the biggest verandahs on the ship. But you gotta go down the hallway to it, and you might have visitors.

Dodie
06-05-2009, 04:21 PM

I just noticed that no one had answered your question. Look at this deck plan of deck 6. See the the rooms (pink) that go sideways, unlike the others, at the front of the ship?

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/deck6.htm

jeanigor
06-05-2009, 04:23 PM

There are a handful...maybe 10 or so rooms that are perpendicular to the way all the other staterooms are. The door opens into the middle of the stateroom instead of the end.

If I do get one, I will gladly host a tour. :goodvibes

NancyIL
06-05-2009, 04:45 PM
There are a handful...maybe 10 or so rooms that are perpendicular to the way all the other staterooms are. The door opens into the middle of the stateroom instead of the end.

If I do get one, I will gladly host a tour. :goodvibes

I'm assuming you got it, because there's now a cat. 11 on deck 7 aft that wasn't available before, and the sideways cabin on deck 6 is no longer available. :teeth:

mainegal
06-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm assuming you got it, because there's now a cat. 11 on deck 7 aft that wasn't available before, and the sideways cabin on deck 6 is no longer available. :teeth:

How do you find out what rooms are taken and what is available?

winotracy
06-05-2009, 07:19 PM
How do you find out what rooms are taken and what is available?

You make a fake booking on DCL's site and select the room. You will see 8 rooms (if there are eight left) and you can type in room numbers. If they are available for you, they will show up.

Keep in mind that anytime that you look at the rooms and then ask me to move your room to the room you selected, I will not be able to get this for you for at least 30 minutes. Disney's system locks the room for a period of time wether or not you select a different room first.

I know many of the rooms available and not available because I am booking all of these reservations for you. I usually remember which rooms were booked by our group (I know, scary).

Disneybridein2k3
06-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Tracy remembers our last names too. Can you imagine all of this info floating around in your head? :eek:

spaddy
06-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Todd, I answered the poll before I realized you had already decided. I am in a sideways cat 11 on deck 5. I think you made an excellent choice. :goodvibes

NancyIL
06-05-2009, 08:21 PM
You make a fake booking on DCL's site and select the room. You will see 8 rooms (if there are eight left) and you can type in room numbers. If they are available for you, they will show up.

Keep in mind that anytime that you look at the rooms and then ask me to move your room to the room you selected, I will not be able to get this for you for at least 30 minutes. Disney's system locks the room for a period of time wether or not you select a different room first.

I know many of the rooms available and not available because I am booking all of these reservations for you. I usually remember which rooms were booked by our group (I know, scary).
What Tracy said! Also - when I checked cat. 11 room availability earlier today on both Disney Cruise Line's site and Travelocity - there were none listed on deck 7. However, one of the cabins on deck 6 was the sideways cat. 11. After Todd said he wanted to go with the sideways cat. 11, I checked availability again. An aft cat. 11 on deck 7 appeared where there wasn't one before, and the sideways cat. 11 on deck 6 was not available. I hope Todd did indeed get that cabin.

tickledtink33
06-05-2009, 08:54 PM
I had sideways 6521 on the last podcast cruise. Does anyone have it on the next cruise?

NancyIL
06-05-2009, 08:59 PM
I had sideways 6521 on the last podcast cruise. Does anyone have it on the next cruise?

That's the cabin that was available earlier today, and I think Todd might have it now.

tickledtink33
06-05-2009, 09:15 PM
That's the cabin that was available earlier today, and I think Todd might have it now.

Well Todd said he liked it when I gave him the tour. And now he might have it. I certainly won't have a problem finding his cabin. :laughing:

BriarRosie
06-05-2009, 11:18 PM

I'm just sayin.

Wow, I'm one of the cool kids? Who knew? :goodvibes

Well, maybe it's the cabin where Paul Giamatti is having a hissy fit after being offered merlot? Oh...not THAT Sideways.... ;)

jeanigor
06-06-2009, 12:08 AM

Well Todd said he liked it when I gave him the tour. And now he might have it. I certainly won't have a problem finding his cabin. :laughing:

Ding Ding Ding! I did get the 6521, a sideways cat 11 on deck 6! Tours offered daily. Please make arrangements in advance. All bookings subject to fee if canceled within 30 minutes of tour.:goodvibes (And I'm not like some folks...I don't put up the do not disturb sign...but be forewarned, pj's may be....not family friendly)

Thank You, Tracy!

disneyholic family
06-06-2009, 05:07 AM

I'm just sayin.

not ALL the cool kids....some of them are on deck 8....:goodvibes

OKW Lover
06-06-2009, 08:45 AM

I'm just sayin.

Whoo Whoo... We are on 6...

Can I use that quote to make a door sign Todd???

I voted for cat 6, deck 6 simply because that's where Val & I are. Glad to see that you're going to be on 6 also Todd.

winotracy
06-06-2009, 08:47 AM
not ALL the cool kids....some of them are on deck 8....:goodvibes

What Todd doesn't know is that he is the only DISer in that area of the ship. At least for now...

NancyIL
06-06-2009, 08:54 AM
What Todd doesn't know is that he is the only DISer in that area of the ship. At least for now...
I'll bet a LOT of DISers will be in that area of the ship...to check out his pj's!

jeanigor
06-06-2009, 10:17 AM

All the more reason for me to be out and about and visit and be social. And remember I'm Famous, so people will come to me.....:lmao::lmao:

I'll bet a LOT of DISers will be in that area of the ship...to check out his pj's!

Holy crow! I've never met her before and she knows me!!! Yikes!:rotfl::rotfl:

L.E. Ott
06-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Ok, now that's decided, time for a new poll. (the kind you vote on, not dance around)

Should Todd get a new Tiara for the next cruise with colored stones in it? Or stick with the old reliable clear stone one?

froggy5657
06-06-2009, 06:39 PM
We were Deck 7 Aft and loved being near "the secret deck" it was like having a verandah

froggy5657
06-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Ok, now that's decided, time for a new poll. (the kind you vote on, not dance around)

Should Todd get a new Tiara for the next cruise with colored stones in it? Or stick with the old reliable clear stone one?

He should get a bigger more expensive one (Did someone say Tiffany's?) That way he could use it again and again. It would eventually pay for itself in complements!

tlcoke
06-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey Todd, we will be neighbors, we are around the corner in 6519.

jeanigor
06-06-2009, 07:50 PM
He should get a bigger more expensive one (Did someone say Tiffany's?) That way he could use it again and again. It would eventually pay for itself in complements!

My my...what grandiose ideas you are putting in my head.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DUHgreg
06-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Which of the above choices would you pick to do PCC 2.0?

Admittedly, the reason is totally selfish. We are deck 7 aft (near Gavin and Becky) and it will be easier to find out about informal events.:rotfl: That area also has the (don't tell anyone) aft lounging area that was always empty. No fighting over space.