PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Van DVD player help

maleficentmom
06-04-2009, 03:12 PM
I have a 2003 Mazda MPV van that I love...it has a built in DVD player. The player has started to mess up, the sound is perfect, but the picture is black to fuzzy. Does anybody know anything I can do..is there a cleaner for these like for the old VCR head cleaners? We are planning a trip from TN to Gettys burg and (for my sanity:rotfl:) I need to get this fixed, preferbly inexpensivley. Just wasn't sure if I should try anything before I took it to the shop.Thanks!!!!!!!

pha1226
06-04-2009, 03:22 PM
We sometimes have problems with the picture on our DVD player. When it starts, I gently open and close the screen part until the kids tell me it clears up.

Can't hurt to try! I've never taken mine to the dealer because I was afraid to hear how much it would cost!

maleficentmom
06-04-2009, 03:35 PM
We sometimes have problems with the picture on our DVD player. When it starts, I gently open and close the screen part until the kids tell me it clears up.

Can't hurt to try! I've never taken mine to the dealer because I was afraid to hear how much it would cost!

Oh yeah, my kids did say this sometimes helps, but not the last few times they tried. We had to replace a window motor(around 300 or so i think) and the cv hose for about 250. We have had new brake pads that get dirt trapped in them and squeak, but the guy we go to is great and put new pads on again at no cost (the dealership would just clean them). But at 96000 miles I really haven't had a lot of major trouble, and am praying it will be a while before I have to trade. I just hate to pay a huge amount to fix this problem, when the portable players that you put in the car aren't that expensive...but if I could get this one to work,that's even better.:thumbsup2