PDA

View Full Version : nervous! UPDATED.

wideeyes
06-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Don't want to go into to much detail yet however I have an interview coming up and apart of it is in a group and I am sooo nervous as I am very shy and don't if I am going to be able to speak up in front of a group of strangers,:sick: I have never had an interview before and my sister got knocked back from a uni interview for being shy as they thought her shyness was lack of interest.:sad2: If it was a 1-1 interview I wouldn't feel so bad.

tennisfan
06-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Good luck, try to imagine that it is just you in the room. I'm quite shy until I know people. I was very quiet when I went on Station with my new job but now I have found my feet & give as good as I get from some of the others.

In this day it is very rare to get 1 on 1 interviews most are panel or group. i'm not trying to scare you just prepare as best you can.

I hated interviews but the best one I had was for the ambulance service which is who I now work for, the 2 guys who interviewed put me at ease, had a laugh & a joke & that really helped.

Try & research about the job/company you are interviewing for, the is a question that is bound to come up is What do you know about such & such? it shows that you are really interested in the job, many people do not think to do this! & most of all try & be yourself and not scared of what the others will think of you.

natalielongstaff
06-04-2009, 09:42 AM
i understand how you feel, best of luck :hug:

craigs bride
06-04-2009, 10:18 AM
good luck ......!! im also shy with things like this so cant really offer any good advice !

jjk
06-04-2009, 10:33 AM
wishing you the best of luck :wizard::hug:

Pinky166
06-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Good luck. :wizard:

Trilli-magic
06-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Good luck I hope it goes well for you :)

Gaynor
06-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Good Luck!
Do you have any Bach's Rescue Remedy? I find it really calms my nerves in situations like that.

mandymouse
06-04-2009, 12:08 PM
:wizard: Good Luck Claire :wizard:

shellbell
06-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Good luck:hug::hug:

Minniespal
06-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Good Luck Claire.....hope it goes well.

jen_uk
06-05-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm shy so I know just how you feel. :upsidedow Good luck, hope it goes really well :wizard::wizard::wizard:

Ware Bears
06-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Good luck Claire :hug:Good Luck!
Do you have any Bach's Rescue Remedy? I find it really calms my nerves in situations like that.

I find this too.

gemmybear83
06-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Good luck :goodvibes I always google search interview questions and prepare answers for basically every type of question - particulary the tricky ones like "What would you say is one of your weaknesses" so I feel really prepared.

When I left uni I had to have a few panel/group/assessment centre interviews and in both my jobs I have had since uni I had to presentations - I just try to look at them as a positive thing, that I am practising giving presentations and look forward to feedback I get back to improve for the future :thumbsup2

My uni had a really good careers department - where you could have mock interviews/panels etc? I found that really helpful :goodvibes

joolz1910
06-06-2009, 10:42 AM
We have this type of interview where I work - it isn't always the most vocal/confident person who gets the job. I would rather work with a person who was a little shy than someone who was overbearing. Smile, be interested, and knowledgeable about the job and everything will be fine. Good luck!:goodvibes

wideeyes
06-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks everyone, Its a Post Graduate course that I am applying for which invoves on the job training with children. I had my interview and it was not as bad as I thought as they split us up into small groups for the interview, also had to do a written assessment on a question about working with children. Which ever way the outcome goes at least now have some experience of interviews now. I am hopeing to be able to get a job in the public centre hopefully in a surestart childrens centre.

tennisfan
06-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as what you thought it was going to be. Interview experience is vital but i'm sure you did fine with this one:goodvibes

wicket2005
06-11-2009, 03:05 AM
I am glad it was not as bad as you thought and hope for a successful outcome but in any case you got to be interviewed and have that experience under your belt come what may.:thumbsup2

wideeyes
06-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks, hopefully I will hear back soon, however I am more nervous about my degree results now, I am feeling sick about it all the time, and the longer I wait the more I convince my self that I have failed.:sick:

wicket2005
06-11-2009, 10:49 AM
It is an awful thing worry, nothing anyone will say will change that horrible feeling but even if you do fail it isn't the worse thing that can happen.:goodvibes You've done your best that is all anyone can ask and have a pat on your back for a job well done. :goodvibes