PDA

View Full Version : cell phone plans

coastiewifern
06-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Our contract is up with AT&T and we are looking to find a new cell phone package. It looks like we use about 2500 min/month and 500 text msg/month. We have 2 lines and spend about $120/month with taxes and fees. We both would like to get new phones that are easier to text on than our razors. So cell phone deals with the contract are a big consideration. I don't really care to have internet access service on my phone. Obviously I am looking for the cheapest/best deal out there.
ADVICE/SUGGESTIONS please

prncess674
06-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I would analyze your old bills and determine who you are calling that isn't on your same network. Just switching to a network where the majority of your calls are made to could lower your minute useage. My whole extended family and biz associates are on ATT and even with my heavy phone useage I don't go over 600 anytime minutes.

WLfamily
06-04-2009, 12:20 PM
We just left AT&T. We were with them for 10 years and I couldn't get away fast enough, they had the worst customer service. We now have Verizon and love them. Check with your employer or your husbands and see if you can get an employee discount. We did and it takes 15% off our monthly bill, just had to give them my dh work info. We all got the ENV2 phones and texting couldn't be easier, they have a keyboard (I had a razor before). Verizon was offering a special of buy one phone at 49.99 and get one free with a 2yr agreement. Good luck. :goodvibes

coastiewifern
06-05-2009, 08:53 AM
I will look into that. We get 20% off with AT&T

Anyone else????

robinb
06-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Since you live in a major metropolitan area, I would suggest that you go to the various stores of the companies that service your area. Once there, you can try phones and get rate quotes.

msmayor
06-05-2009, 09:46 AM
We use very few calling minutes so our plan with T-Mobile only includes 700 shared...but we have FOUR phones on our plan with unlimited text messages, unlimited T-Mobile to T-Mobile calling and the MyFaves (each one of us gets to choose five folks out of T-Mobile's network that we can call unlimited minutes for free). I pay $114 per month total.