PDA

View Full Version : I just saved $1000!!!

squirrlygirl
06-04-2009, 06:29 AM
Our credit union sent out a flyer for an insurance agency they're partnered with, so I asked for a quote. We currently have AAA, and I've never found anyone that was cheaper on both car and house together (I check yearly- it would always be one cheaper, but not enough to offset the increase on the other). I just got back the final quotes for the new insurance (through Citizens), and it'll save us almost $1000/year! And the kicker is...the car insurance is for better coverage than we currently have. It's broad form instead of basic, has higher limits, and includes towing and rental.

:banana::banana::cool1::banana::banana::cool1:

dawnbu40
06-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Wow thats great! Now you just have to figure out how to spend that extra money! :lmao:

hoffmann2828
06-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Our credit union sent out a flyer for an insurance agency they're partnered with, so I asked for a quote. We currently have AAA, and I've never found anyone that was cheaper on both car and house together (I check yearly- it would always be one cheaper, but not enough to offset the increase on the other). I just got back the final quotes for the new insurance (through Citizens), and it'll save us almost $1000/year! And the kicker is...the car insurance is for better coverage than we currently have. It's broad form instead of basic, has higher limits, and includes towing and rental.

:banana::banana::cool1::banana::banana::cool1:

Congrats! But just think - you didn't save $1000, think of how many years you'll save $1000!! That could be $10,000! Great long-term savings!!! :)

Woo hoo for yooo!

VAN
06-04-2009, 08:34 AM
We've had Citizens insurance for many years. I have been EXTREMELY happy with their claim service. When checking prices, they have always been the lowest for what we need.

squirrlygirl
06-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Congrats! But just think - you didn't save $1000, think of how many years you'll save $1000!! That could be $10,000! Great long-term savings!!! :)

Woo hoo for yooo!

oooohhh..good point! I need more bananas!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana: (what is with the broken banana? I've fixed it several times..)

I had always heard Citizens has good rates, but they were always higher in the past. I suspect it has something to do with DH being over 35 now ;)

maleficentmom
06-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Do you have to be a credit union member or can anyone get a quore? We have State Farm and everyone swears they are high, but I Can't find anything more than 20 bucks cheaper every six months on the cars, and I am nor convinced it's worth switching because we have always had good service...but wow for a thousand I sure would switch!:goodvibes

Kycha
06-04-2009, 06:10 PM
We've had Citizens insurance for many years. I have been EXTREMELY happy with their claim service. When checking prices, they have always been the lowest for what we need.
Do you know if they have a website? We are getting ready to renew our auto insurance and would like to get quotes from other companies. TIA!

PrincessKsMom
06-04-2009, 06:15 PM
And to think I was going to crack a joke about switching to Geico. :rolleyes:

horseshowmom
06-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm interested too. Is this it?

http://www.hanover.com/thg/citizens/index.htm

PrincessKsMom
06-04-2009, 07:37 PM
I have Hanover! Wonder what the difference is and if I should ask my agent?

BTW, my car was hit about 2 months ago by a drunk driver. I called Hanover at 2 a.m. and there was someone there to take my report. On Monday they sent out an adjuster and approved all the work to be done. They also allowed me to use my own body shop. They suggested I pay my deductible to get the work done quickly. I had my car back within 2 days. As of last week they still hadn't sent my claim to the drunk driver's insurance company, but they did reimburse me my $500 deductible as soon as the other insurance company took complete responsibility.

If Hanover and Citizens are the same, I highly recommend them for their customer service.

squirrlygirl
06-05-2009, 07:46 AM
It looks like we're receiving a 5% alumni discount for having AAA as the previous carrier, and an unspecified discount (included in base rate) for belonging to a "qualified group". Of course, I may have that backwards lol.