PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Get Motivated This Morning - Updated

wicket2005
06-04-2009, 05:12 AM
We had a bit of bad news on Tuesday when we found out my husband would be losing his job at the end of the year. He is one of the lucky ones as his branch is being kept open till then but the vast majority of the other branches are shutting today so at least we have a bit of time to plan.

I am now looking for a job for the first time in a long time but today am just feeling a bit shell shocked as the future we had mapped out has shifted but I always think as long as we are all together and we are all healthy everything is okay.

Just feel a bit unmotivated this morning and cannot do anything which is not like me.:sad2:

Snowy-girls
06-04-2009, 05:33 AM
Bev,i am very sorry to hear this :hug:.I hope you find something soon that you will enjoy.It is a shock to your syatem,that is no doubt why you are feeling the way you do-it will take time for it to sink in.
It is true what you say,as long as you have each other+your health-your set :thumbsup2.Take care Bev+good luck :wizard::hug:.x.

jen_uk
06-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Really sorry to hear this, these are tough times :hug: Don't want to sound like a cliche but they do say as one door closes another one opens. Good luck with the job hunt, hope you find something you really want to do :wizard:

wicket2005
06-04-2009, 05:35 AM
Thanks Michelle, it is nice to be able to talk here because with the hubbie I am being all positive and action planned and don't want him to see I am worried or anything.

wicket2005
06-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Thanks jen, I know plenty of people here have been faced with a similar event and doors have opened up for them, just a case of doing everything we can.:goodvibes

Snowy-girls
06-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Thanks Michelle, it is nice to be able to talk here because with the hubbie I am being all positive and action planned and don't want him to see I am worried or anything.

I know what your saying,but sometimes it may do both of you good to honestly let the other know how the other one feels :hug:.(hope that makes sense).
I believe somethings happen for a reason,maybe the way you had 'mapped your future' out was'nt to be,maybe much better is to happen for you all instead.You know where i am,PM me if you would like to :hug:.x.

craigs bride
06-04-2009, 06:21 AM
big hugs to you both ...i cant offer any help as i havnt been in this situation before but i hope everything works out just the way you want it .:hug:

PoppyAnna
06-04-2009, 06:37 AM
Sorry to hear about your husband's job Bev:hug: Good luck with your job hunt:thumbsup2

it is nice to be able to talk here because with the hubbie I am being all positive and action planned and don't want him to see I am worried or anything.

That's good that you can be positive, I'm sure its a great comfort to him. I'm a great believer in postitive thought:)

natalielongstaff
06-04-2009, 07:11 AM
oh im sorry to hear about the job situation, good luck to you both xx :hug:

mandymouse
06-04-2009, 07:16 AM
:hug: So sorry to hear about your hubby's job Bev

:wizard: Good luck with the job hunting

Pinky166
06-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Oh Bev, I know you have been worried the past few days & I just wish there was something I could do to help. :hug: We are all here for you if you need to vent or just a big hug. I know how hard it is trying to put on a positive face for your hubby when deep down you are stressed. I am sure things will work out well for you both, best of luck in your job hunting. :wizard:

PM me if you want to chat hun. :hug:

gemmybear83
06-04-2009, 08:15 AM
I am sorry to hear this, but as everyone else has said I believe thes ethings happen for a reason :hug:

tennisfan
06-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Sorry to hear about your husbands job Bev, good luck to you both:hug:

Beth__WDW23/6/02
06-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Sorry to hear about your husbands job :(:hug:
Good luck with job hunting :wizard:

comingtodisney
06-04-2009, 08:37 AM
so sorry bev, sending you both lots of :hug:

Trilli-magic
06-04-2009, 08:40 AM
:hug:Sorry to hear of your husbands job.

Hopefully he might find something else before he gets made redundent.

Good luck with the job hunt:wizard:

Gaynor
06-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your DH's job and good luck with the job hunting :hug:

jjk
06-04-2009, 09:11 AM
so sorry to hear about your DH job, good luck with the job hunting :hug:

wicket2005
06-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys, been out today with DH which was nice as he has taken a couple of days off. I am sure things will work out. We had planned to get a house extension at the end of last year but the builder we wanted didn't come back to us, just didn't get back to us after being round which was strange. Now thinking thank goodness he didn't as we would have been worse off - things happen for a reason is very apt.:goodvibes

I think we are both feeling a bit shocked at the moment so keep getting really down moments but then feel okay. The other good thing is the 'kids' are grown up so don't need looking after, like a lot of people have to think about childcare so that is another positive.

Just feels better saying things here, hubbie knows I am worried but don't want to make him feel worse as he hates it if I am upset, if you follow that. Well could be pretty exciting seeing what's behind that door when we turn the handle.:goodvibes

shellbell
06-04-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm really sorry to hear this I hope eveything works out for you all and it doesn't take too long to get everything back to normal :hug::hug:

wicket2005
06-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks Michelle:goodvibes

Ware Bears
06-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Sorry to read this Bev :hug: good luck to you both. :wizard:

wicket2005
06-05-2009, 03:21 AM
Thanks Elaine.

Minniespal
06-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Just catching up with the Dis today.

Very sorry to hear your news Bev. I really hope that things work out well with the job hunting.

buzz for boys
06-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Oh MY God Bev ive only just come across this post all I can say is dont lose Hope when my dh lsot his job recently just when we thought there was nothing out there for him the phone rang and he got a interview for a job he applied for before he even lost his job.
Try to stay positive and something will come right !!
Big HUgs Louise x

wicket2005
06-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks, still seems a bit unbelievable still especially as it is in the future but have started applying for jobs to cover us which makes me feel better.

wicket2005
01-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Well we have just found out that my husband will become redundant on 15th April. His branch had been doing really well making a profit but the powers that be decided to close all the remaining branches down. We had had a little glimmer of hope that they would continue with the branches in the new role they were doing as they were making money.

My hubbie is now on 3 months' gardening leave and we are both seriously looking for jobs now. I am not as worried as I was back in June but still was a bit of a shock when we knew it was final. He has been with the same company since 1986 so is quite a change for him, hopefully for the better.

I know people here are going through many different things themselves and some who have been in a similar position themselves, and have problems far greater than mine which makes me feel this isn't really a bad situation to find ourselves in.

My philosophy is as long as we as a family are okay that is all that matters.

The Fetherstons
01-19-2010, 07:04 AM
Oh Bev what a shame:hug:
At least you seem really positive and I do hope something good is lurking around the corner good luck and best wishes to you both:wizard::hug:

natalielongstaff
01-19-2010, 07:05 AM
im hoping this turns out to be a positive move for both of you :hug:

disney_princess_85
01-19-2010, 07:08 AM
Good luck. :goodvibes

Claire L
01-19-2010, 07:10 AM
Best of luck to the both of you and I am sure something is waiting just around the corner :)

Claire ;)

gemmybear83
01-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Good luck Bev - its great your having such a positive attitude through this. I think that is half the battle :hug:

Cyrano
01-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Bev, I think you both have the correct, positive attitude :grouphug:

Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you :goodvibes

mandymouse
01-19-2010, 08:43 AM
:wizard::wizard: Good Luck to both of you Bev :wizard::wizard:

Pinky166
01-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Good luck Bev, I will keep my fingers crossed for you both. :hug:

Remain positive. :goodvibes

Goofysmate
01-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Hope your Dh not out of work for to long, Chin up :thumbsup2 :hug:

Lizzybear
01-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Best of luck to you both in your jobhunting :goodvibes

wicket2005
01-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks I draw a lot if comfort from you guys, it helps to know people are wishing us well.

florida sun
01-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Bev, just wanted to wish you both Good Luck, stay positive, Im sure things will turn around for you:hug::hug:

joolz1910
01-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Best of luck.:hug:

buzz for boys
01-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Bev,
Just wanted to send you a hug :hug:. I hope that something good comes along and you can truly believe that this has happened for a reason.
I understand the stress of not knowing what tomorrow will bring but hey 3 months of spending time together has to be a positive doesnt it??
you know where i am
Louise x

wicket2005
01-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks Sue, Juliette and Louise, appreciate your comments.

I felt pretty down this morning, seems like one thing after another, not major stuff but things that get you out of your routine. Feel better now. Been quite good this afternoon as all the family at home which I love. It is a definite bonus having the hubbie with me. :)

disneycat_f2008
01-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Bev i'm really sorry to hear about all of this I hope you both manage to find something soon, I do know how you feel being on borrowed time I was told in Nov I was being made redundant at some point this year but we have still yet to be given a date.

Sening you lots of :hug: & good vibes that you will find something very soon x

saratogagirl
01-20-2010, 03:54 PM
I am so sorry to hear your news Bev, thinking of you both, good luck with the job hunt, I bet it all turns out for the best xx

PoppyAnna
01-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Best of luck to both of you with the job hunting. On the whole I think things are picking up everywhere and I'm sure this will work in your favour :hug:

wicket2005
01-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks for good wishes, hope things work out for you disneycat too.

I am sure things will work out and if not we will sort it out when we get there. Really everything remains the same for the time being so pointless me worrying about things changing till they do. I will just lay down some cost cutting plans in readiness or how to make money quick. Lol if the latter plan worked could be a millionaire

Ware Bears
01-21-2010, 03:37 PM
My philosophy is as long as we as a family are okay that is all that matters.

You've got a great attitude, Bev :hug: Good luck to you both :wizard: :wizard:

wicket2005
01-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks. Just heard 2 year old niece in hospital with shallow laboured breathing. They think it may be a virus or asthma starting. She is being given steroids every 3 hours to help. I am sure the drs will get her sorted and she will be back to herself quickly.

Cyrano
01-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Bev sending pixiedust: for your niece :goodvibes

wicket2005
01-25-2010, 03:53 AM
Thanks, niece ok now, steroids helped and she is out of hospital. Big relief all round.

natalielongstaff
01-25-2010, 04:37 AM
Thanks, niece ok now, steroids helped and she is out of hospital. Big relief all round.

good to hear :hug:

buzz for boys
01-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks. Just heard 2 year old niece in hospital with shallow laboured breathing. They think it may be a virus or asthma starting. She is being given steroids every 3 hours to help. I am sure the drs will get her sorted and she will be back to herself quickly.

im so pleased to hear that she is doing ok now x
Dont know how i missed this post :grouphug: to you and your niece so scary when the little ones are in hospital.

wicket2005
01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks, she is fine now. It's amazing how they bounce back.