PDA

View Full Version : From NJ to NH, any fun stops in between?

WeLoveLilo05
06-03-2009, 10:56 PM
My fiance wants to visit parents in NH this summer, but we really do not plan on spending much time there, maybe just an over night/2 night thing. Was wondering if anyone knew of anything that could be done on the way there/back, even if we were to spend an overnight somewhere? Anything fun for a family of 3, with a 4 year old daughter? Thanks!

CTdiznymom
06-03-2009, 11:23 PM
My fiance wants to visit parents in NH this summer, but we really do not plan on spending much time there, maybe just an over night/2 night thing. Was wondering if anyone knew of anything that could be done on the way there/back, even if we were to spend an overnight somewhere? Anything fun for a family of 3, with a 4 year old daughter? Thanks!

What route are you planning on taking?

HeatherC
06-04-2009, 06:32 AM
If you are coming up Route 84 through Ct, I'd recommend Lake Compounce.

It is an amusement park that is also half water park. Lots of rides and water things to keep your 4 year old happy. Great place for families and drinks are free all day. You can check it out at www.lakecompounce.com. It is in Bristol Ct...right off the highway.

Canobie Lake in NH is also fun...along the same lines. There's also Story Land and Santa's Village in NH but I was thinking you mean along the route?

Have a great time!

MichelleinMaine
06-04-2009, 07:18 AM
How far up in NH are you going? Storyland (in Glen/White Mountains) would be great. There is also a scenic train nearby in Conway my kids loved at that age.

There is a Children's Museum in Portsmouth, NH. (Also a great one in Boston if you want to venture into the city.)

pooh17
06-04-2009, 07:53 AM
How far up in NH are you going? Storyland (in Glen/White Mountains) would be great. There is also a scenic train nearby in Conway my kids loved at that age.

There is a Children's Museum in Portsmouth, NH. (Also a great one in Boston if you want to venture into the city.)

Just a FYI - The Children's Museum is no longer in Portsmouth. It moved to Dover NH, about 15-20 mins north of Portsmouth.

3mickeymom
06-04-2009, 08:30 AM
We visited Sturbridge Village this Mother's day on our way home to NJ from New Hampshire. We enjoyed it since we enjoy historical places. I would like, to visit Mystic Seaport in CT on a trip as well.

luvsmickeymouse
06-04-2009, 10:28 AM
I always suggest the Science Center in Holderness, NH! http://www.nhnature.org/