PDA

View Full Version : Took a gamble and lost.


kmermaid
06-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Was on the phone with MS today trying to set up my ME reservation (which I never did finish, system wasn't working) and spoke with a CM who notice I had multiple ressies, 1st night studio for just me and dd11 (turning 12 on the trip) switching to 1bdroom next day, switching 2 bdroom day after that when DH and DD14 arrive. DH would like to come a day early. Explained that DH will not move and was hoping that front desk will not make me move from the 1bdroom since I will have groceries by then. We hung up and about 10 minutes she calls me back asking if I would be willing to change the 1bdroom to a studio and see if my waitlist comes in. I thought what the heck go ahead. I did ask if the waitlist is done at the end of the day and she said no that it does "cycle" but that is throughout the day. Well I now have a studio for the first two nights then the 2bdroom lock off and a waitlist (I hope that didn't get messed up) for a 2bdroom lockoff on my 2nd night. Oh well this is why I vacation in Disney and not Las Vegas. ;)

dr&momto2boys
06-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Why did they ask you to switch to a studio? Is the waitlist for a two bedroom for night 2 and night 3 When is your trip? Hopefully it will still come through for you! :goodvibes

kmermaid
06-03-2009, 07:11 PM
The CM saw that there were atleast 2 studios available for my 2nd night. I guess her thinking was if I threw in my 1bdroom I had a good chance of turning it into a 2bdroom. I was willing to take the chance. The waitlist is still on for the 2nd night and I already have the 2bdroom for the rest of the July trip.

Dean
06-03-2009, 09:17 PM
You likely made the right move to decrease or avoid having to move. But they will not put the 1 BR and studio back together for you if that was part of the thinking.