PDA

View Full Version : The Goodys are going back to Disney! Update:Page 19 & Checklist added!

Pages : [1] 2

my2disneyboys
06-03-2009, 11:39 AM
********** Disclaimer: If you are just starting out on this PTR, you may want to skip right to Post 281- Page 19 to get all caught up!! I mean, you are more than welcome to read all about how we got to our final plans, but I am just warning you- there have been MANY changes!!!************

HI! Thanks for stopping in and reading our Pre-Trip Report for our next adventure in Disney!! We are at the VERY EARLY stages of planning our 2010 trip but I thought I should atleast get this pre-trippie started!!

We have lot's to figure out along the way...
When will we go?
Where should we stay?? (Deluxe maybe!!??)
What will we eat!!??
Will we do Deluxe Dining again??
Who will go?
What will bring!?
How will we afford ANOTHER trip to Disney!???

Let's start with the Cast! - Many of you already know us by now (this being my 2nd Pre-Trippie) but for those of you who don't, my name is Nickie. I work part time at an Investment Firm in Downtown Boston and spend all my free time with my boys and planning Disney trips!!
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/happymothersday.jpg

Wayne is my husband - known on these boards as "The3rdDisneyboy". Wayne is the best husband in the world- he is my best friend and an amazing father to our 2 boys. Wayne writes/researches for a juice company.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/wayneohana.jpg

Our boys!!
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1915.jpg

Myles is our 5 year old. This is going to be his 4th time going to Disney. (He went when he was 9 months, 3 1/2, and 5 and he will be 6 when we go on this trip) Myles LOVES the Jonas Brothers. He plays soccer and is starting Kindergarten in September.
Myles first trip:
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1040.jpg

His second trip:
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/dis3.jpg

His third trip:
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1811.jpg

Owen is turning 2 next month! My baby is going to be 2!! I just can't believe it. Pretty soon... no more diapers for us!! This is going to be Owen's
3rd trip to Disney! (He went when he was 8 weeks, and 22 months and he will be 3 when we go on this trip) Owen is such a happy boy. He LOVES his brother and looks up to him. I can already tell that these boys will always be there for eachother.

His first trip:
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/351901733503_0_ALB.jpg

His second trip:
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2211.jpg

So together we make up The Goodys! I look forward to sharing our plans and stories with you all over the course of the next year!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1827-1.jpg

The3rdDisneyBoy
06-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Cool hun...I am psyched to start planning once again. My life has felt like something was missing the past couple weeks.

Splendid.

wlwilliams9
06-03-2009, 02:02 PM
OMGosh! I was just going to ask you when you were going to start your next pre-trippie! Yay! I'm sooo excited to plan along with you! Can't wait to see how the whole thing unfolds!!

Emily's b-day is next month too! She will be 3 on July 1st! When is Owen's b-day?

Raecheal
06-03-2009, 02:10 PM
:wave2: Ohhhh.. I just found your PTR:goodvibes. Your family is absolutely adorable.. I love the photo of Myles first trip:cutie:

I can't wait to read along with your plans... :surfweb:

chicagoshannon
06-03-2009, 02:28 PM
You're off to a fantastic start! I can't wait to read all of the details! I think by the end of the week I'll be done with my TR and ready to start our next PTR too!

leamom2princesses
06-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Great start Nickie! Can't wait to see all of your great plans. Looking forward to new Disney nights. :goodvibes

DisGirlAllie
06-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I loved your TR and cannot wait for your next trip almost as much as I can't wait for mine.;)

crocko
06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Enjoyed reading your most recent TR.

Good luck planning the next adventure. Subbing in to follow along.

my2disneyboys
06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
WELCOME...old friends and new! I am so excited to have started this pre-trippie because I have felt lost since I completed my Trip Report! AND it means we really are going back to Disney... so let the Planning and the Disney Nights begin!!

Cool hun...I am psyched to start planning once again. My life has felt like something was missing the past couple weeks.

Splendid.

I know what you mean!! This Pre Trippie is yours too hun, so make sure to leave comments whenever you want!!

OMGosh! I was just going to ask you when you were going to start your next pre-trippie! Yay! I'm sooo excited to plan along with you! Can't wait to see how the whole thing unfolds!!

Emily's b-day is next month too! She will be 3 on July 1st! When is Owen's b-day?

Hi Momma!! (Is everyone calling you that now!?) Owen's bday is July 27th.. he was born 7. 27.07 (My lucky 7's baby!!) What are you planning? I am so torn. Part of me wants to take Owen to the Cape with just Wayne, Myles and me and then have cake with the family on his actual birthday... but then I feel bad like he should have a party! I really just do not want people to buy gifts- this kid has EVERYTHING he needs!! For the cost of the party we could take him to the Cape and do all the things he loves down there. I dunno!!??

:wave2: Ohhhh.. I just found your PTR:goodvibes. Your family is absolutely adorable.. I love the photo of Myles first trip:cutie:

I can't wait to read along with your plans... :surfweb:

Thank you!!! and WELCOME to the pre trippie!!!!

You're off to a fantastic start! I can't wait to read all of the details! I think by the end of the week I'll be done with my TR and ready to start our next PTR too!

Oh cool!! I love your TR - and I cant wait to hear your plans too. I am so happy that we can all stay in touch and plan together more Disney Trips!!

Great start Nickie! Can't wait to see all of your great plans. Looking forward to new Disney nights. :goodvibes

Hi Leanne!!! When should I start them!?? I am thinking maybe we will do one Disney Night per month until it gets closer and then do them weekly.... it was alot of work last time.

I loved your TR and cannot wait for your next trip almost as much as I can't wait for mine.;)
:rotfl:ha-ha!! I am glad you liked my trip report!!! Welcome to the new Pre Trippie!

Enjoyed reading your most recent TR.

Good luck planning the next adventure. Subbing in to follow along.
Welcome!! I am glad you will follow along.. its going to be a long adventure but hopefully at the end, we will have planned another magical trip to our favorite place in the world!!

Lady Lallie
06-03-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm jumping on in the beginning on this PTR!

I'm kinda in the same boat, not sure when my next trip is going to be but I want to start making some plans.

my2disneyboys
06-04-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm jumping on in the beginning on this PTR!

I'm kinda in the same boat, not sure when my next trip is going to be but I want to start making some plans.

Hey LL!! I am glad you will be following along!! I just noticed your in MA too!

my2disneyboys
06-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Ok so this is not really Disney related.... But I was reading Wendy's Trip Report and the topic of babies has come up... so kind of related!! Anywho... my baby is turning 2 next month. It feels like he was just born and then again it feels like he has always been part of our family!

Here are some pictures I wanted to share with you all of Owen's first couple of weeks....

Coming home from the hospital...
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/710388543503_0_ALB.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/868512571503_0_ALB.jpg
for those of you that have read my reports... you know how much my boys love eachother! Well it all started here!!

Daddy Love....
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/993478543503_0_ALB.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/807898543503_0_ALB.jpg

Mommy's baby!!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/125498543503_0_ALB.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/545669543503_0_ALB.jpg

2 years ago...

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/502849543503_0_ALB.jpg

and today!
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/OplCommandServlet.jpg

Thanks for letting me get off topic...

Lady Lallie
06-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Hey LL!! I am glad you will be following along!! I just noticed your in MA too!

Yes I am. We are in Marlborough. I'm originally from Maine but have been down here for a little over two years. :thumbsup2

Those are adorable pictures of your boys. So cute! It's awesome that they are so close.

wlwilliams9
06-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Awww! The picture of Myles and Owen looking into each others eyes is so precious!! They obviously have a great bond. I hope Emily feels the same way about our baby when it comes! She has already started talking to my belly! So cute! Emily will be 3 1/2 when the baby comes, is that how old Myles was when Owen came along? How did he handle all of the changes?

my2disneyboys
06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes I am. We are in Marlborough. I'm originally from Maine but have been down here for a little over two years. :thumbsup2

Those are adorable pictures of your boys. So cute! It's awesome that they are so close.

Not too far from us!! thank you for the compliment on the boys!

Awww! The picture of Myles and Owen looking into each others eyes is so precious!! They obviously have a great bond. I hope Emily feels the same way about our baby when it comes! She has already started talking to my belly! So cute! Emily will be 3 1/2 when the baby comes, is that how old Myles was when Owen came along? How did he handle all of the changes?

Thank you!! You just never know how they will be...we got lucky for sure. Don't get me wrong though... these guys fight over toys all the time... Owen wants what Myles has always... Myles liked it better when he had a cute brother to kiss and who just sat there and watched him play... now that Owen wants to play too, Myles doesnt like it so much!! For the most part though they just love eachother and it has been so great to watch them grow. I think you will really like the 3 1/2 year difference in age!! We got the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for Myles and had brought it to the hospital when Owen was born - this was a gift to Myles from Owen.... Well, that sealed the deal! Myles was instantly in love. :rotfl2:

Disneychix
06-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi! :) I just got done reading your TR and found my way over to your next adventure. I wanted to ask where you got the matching Daddy and boys clothes they wore on your trip? I wanted to get something for my 2 yr old and his dad to match on Father's Day.

So, where are you thinking of staying in 2010? I am just guessing right now it will be the Poly!!

my2disneyboys
06-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi! :) I just got done reading your TR and found my way over to your next adventure. I wanted to ask where you got the matching Daddy and boys clothes they wore on your trip? I wanted to get something for my 2 yr old and his dad to match on Father's Day.

So, where are you thinking of staying in 2010? I am just guessing right now it will be the Poly!!

Oh thanks for reading along!! I got the clothes at Old Navy... Good idea! I will have them wear their matching outifts on Fathers day- too cute!!

Right now we are thinking Contemporary!!!! I would love the Poly too!!!

jngwright
06-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Nickie-you are SOO ambitious!! So, you bumped back to August?

I am along for the ride again!:goodvibes

:hug:

chicagoshannon
06-04-2009, 10:41 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww now I'm going to have to go find baby pictures of Madeline to post on my PTR. Happy Birthday Owen!

MaryAz
06-04-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm in too. We can plan together. I took off my Oct ticker after ur hotel info. I am so torn about when to go, how will we pay for it etc, I just know I HAVE TO GO BACK!!!

my2disneyboys
06-05-2009, 07:06 AM
I'm in too. We can plan together. I took off my Oct ticker after ur hotel info. I am so torn about when to go, how will we pay for it etc, I just know I HAVE TO GO BACK!!!
ha-ha!! That is what this whole trip report is about!! We will get there!!!!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww now I'm going to have to go find baby pictures of Madeline to post on my PTR. Happy Birthday Owen!
Yes I love baby pics!!!!

Nickie-you are SOO ambitious!! So, you bumped back to August?

I am along for the ride again!:goodvibes

:hug:

I dont know what we are going to do!! Stay tuned for next post I will explain it all!! I am glad you are here!!!

my2disneyboys
06-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Ok, so I guess the first thing we need to decide is...

WHERE DO WE WANT TO STAY!!!???

I put up a poll so that you all can help us with this one... Here is a little background on why we are considering each of the choices!!

1) Contemporary- right now this is our first choice. We had wanted to go to Disney the last week in September and book the Contemporary and free dining but when I called to make the room only reservation they said there is a HUGE convention going on and the room type I wanted isnt available... It is a year and 1/2 away.... I cant believe all those rooms are gone.... I am going to keep checking though after the rates for 2010 are released in August. We also found out that daycare is closed the last week in August and school doesnt start until September... SO maybe we should go the last week in August. We would miss MNSSHP, but we would still get free dining. Myles wouldnt miss school, and we would take that saviings from not paying daycare and use it at Disney!! Plus it would be hard to take the last week in August off and then need to take another week off in September!

We love the Contemporary because the rooms look really nice, we love Chef Mickeys, we want to try the California Grill this time, and the Wave.... We LOVE the fact that it is the closest to the MK and that we can walk there... and we LOVE that we can just hop on the monorail and eat at all the hotels we love! We also love that the room rate for 2010 for the Garden View was $280.00 for the value season... 280 and free dining = affordable to us!! I really would like to try out a deluxe this time around too!!!!

The Contemporary does however not "look" pretty to me.. kind feels like we would be at a hilton.. I dont know if this would change if we stayed there, but walking in I wasnt all oohh and aghhhh!!! Also the pool area doesnt look great and we love going to the pool!!

2) Animal Kingdom - With this one, we really like the price ($240.00- a night) and its so pretty but we would need a rental car. So we would have to add on $300.00 for that probably. (We DONT like busses) We want to try Jiko but didnt like Boma last time... The pool area looks kind of neat and I like that they have a campfire at night and things special for guests.

3) Beach Club - Beach Club is a little pricey to us at $335.00 a night.... but the pool looks GREAT! I love the location to Epcot - walking distance and the boardwalk. I think this would be a great choice... We love Epcot and want to go there more on the next trip. We also want to go to Cape May Cafe and the Yahtsman Steakhouse on this next trip... Also the rooms look beautiful... The Beach Club also has movies at night which is cool!! This could be a contender for us maybe!?

4) Poly - Well the Poly would be my first choice... I love the theming, we will be eating at Ohana twice, and Kona on our next trip and we love watching wishes from the beach at the Poly. The pool looks great too. I love the theming and I feel like I am on vacation when I walk into the place. I love the location!!! But the price is CRAZY here. - $350.00 a night pushes me over "my limit" of what sounds reasonable to pay for a hotel.

5) POR - Now this place is VERY affordable and we LOVED it on our last trip. We would need to rent a car - but that isnt really a bad thing. We loved the pool area and the boat to DTD was AWESOME!!!! The more I think about it, the more I think this would be our best option. If we want to go to Disney every year, staying at a deluxe would probaly push us to every 2 years... (the rate here is 140 a night) even with the car rental it would be a huge savings. Is a deluxe really worth double the price!!?? We did love it here- the arcade room, and Boatwrights was great. I dont like that they dont do breakfast anymore- that was nice having right at our hotel. If we stay here, it means driving every night to AKL, or POLY, or GF, or Contemporary for our dinners. Also it means driving to the parks instead of walking or hopping on the monorail.

OK- so you see my confusion here... help us decide.... what do you think we should do!?

MaryAz
06-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Ok, so I guess the first thing we need to decide is...

WHERE DO WE WANT TO STAY!!!???

I put up a poll so that you all can help us with this one... Here is a little background on why we are considering each of the choices!!

1) Contemporary- right now this is our first choice. We had wanted to go to Disney the last week in September and book the Contemporary and free dining but when I called to make the room only reservation they said there is a HUGE convention going on and the room type I wanted isnt available... It is a year and 1/2 away.... I cant believe all those rooms are gone.... I am going to keep checking though after the rates for 2010 are released in August. We also found out that daycare is closed the last week in August and school doesnt start until September... SO maybe we should go the last week in August. We would miss MNSSHP, but we would still get free dining. Myles wouldnt miss school, and we would take that saviings from not paying daycare and use it at Disney!! Plus it would be hard to take the last week in August off and then need to take another week off in September!

We love the Contemporary because the rooms look really nice, we love Chef Mickeys, we want to try the California Grill this time, and the Wave.... We LOVE the fact that it is the closest to the MK and that we can walk there... and we LOVE that we can just hop on the monorail and eat at all the hotels we love! We also love that the room rate for 2010 for the Garden View was $280.00 for the value season... 280 and free dining = affordable to us!! I really would like to try out a deluxe this time around too!!!!

The Contemporary does however not "look" pretty to me.. kind feels like we would be at a hilton.. I dont know if this would change if we stayed there, but walking in I wasnt all oohh and aghhhh!!! Also the pool area doesnt look great and we love going to the pool!!

2) Animal Kingdom - With this one, we really like the price ($240.00- a night) and its so pretty but we would need a rental car. So we would have to add on $300.00 for that probably. (We DONT like busses) We want to try Jiko but didnt like Boma last time... The pool area looks kind of neat and I like that they have a campfire at night and things special for guests.

3) Beach Club - Beach Club is a little pricey to us at $335.00 a night.... but the pool looks GREAT! I love the location to Epcot - walking distance and the boardwalk. I think this would be a great choice... We love Epcot and want to go there more on the next trip. We also want to go to Cape May Cafe and the Yahtsman Steakhouse on this next trip... Also the rooms look beautiful... The Beach Club also has movies at night which is cool!! This could be a contender for us maybe!?

4) Poly - Well the Poly would be my first choice... I love the theming, we will be eating at Ohana twice, and Kona on our next trip and we love watching wishes from the beach at the Poly. The pool looks great too. I love the theming and I feel like I am on vacation when I walk into the place. I love the location!!! But the price is CRAZY here. - $350.00 a night pushes me over "my limit" of what sounds reasonable to pay for a hotel.

5) POR - Now this place is VERY affordable and we LOVED it on our last trip. We would need to rent a car - but that isnt really a bad thing. We loved the pool area and the boat to DTD was AWESOME!!!! The more I think about it, the more I think this would be our best option. If we want to go to Disney every year, staying at a deluxe would probaly push us to every 2 years... (the rate here is 140 a night) even with the car rental it would be a huge savings. Is a deluxe really worth double the price!!?? We did love it here- the arcade room, and Boatwrights was great. I dont like that they dont do breakfast anymore- that was nice having right at our hotel. If we stay here, it means driving every night to AKL, or POLY, or GF, or Contemporary for our dinners. Also it means driving to the parks instead of walking or hopping on the monorail.

OK- so you see my confusion here... help us decide.... what do you think we should do!?

Needed to quote so I could remember everything! Thanks again for putting all your thoughts out there-helps me tremendously!
I agree with all your points on the Contemp-except I kinda feel the rooms are to modern looking for my taste. I can totally see how the last week of Aug would be a double plus-free dining and value. For me, the humidity would scare me off. We live in Az so heat is not the issue it is the humidity. And we start school mid Aug here so Avery would miss the 2nd week.
AK looks fun but it is kinda far out and I feel like I would need the Savannah view LOL
Beach CLub is also on our list. Looks really nice,great pool and restraunts. The $$$ turn me off though.
Poly is fabulous all around but the price-I am with ya
POR sounds fun and you guys really enjoyed it.

Ok, after all that rambling...if you are saving the $$ from daycare costs and find yourself in a good solid financial position I would go with the Contemp for convience etc. If you find that the cost is an issue and you would be happy to be at POR then thats what I would do. I think once you decide you will be very happy at either!

jngwright
06-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Well, you KNOW I voted for the Poly!!

BUT (and that's a BIG BUT:rotfl:)

1)Contemporary-yes great location, but I feel like you do about the themeing and pool!
2)AKL-love the looks of it and the pool. It is remote, though. (We are bus people)
3)BC-definately on our list!! SAB looks great and proximity to Epcot is awesome.
4)POR-You know you love it!

So, how is that for no help??:laughing:

Have you considered a Pirate room at CBR? It was so awesome, and the boys are a perfect age...you would save $$ too!

chicagoshannon
06-05-2009, 02:13 PM
I just took the pole and no one agrees yet. hahaha

I chose the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think the boys would love seeing the animals everyday.

2nd choice is between Contemporary- because of the close proximity to MK and POR because my heart belongs there and you already love it there!

I didnt' vote for the Poly becasue that pool is always crazy busy and you said you liked going to the pool. Beach Club would be WONDERFUL but the price is steep. If I won the lottery it would be one of my top choices though. I love that it has the boat to Epcot AND DHS, has a great pool and is close to Boardwalk for fun activities. If you can afford this one I'd go for it. I believe I read somewhere that a room only discount here would be a better deal then free dining. So something to keep in mind.

Have you considered the WIlderness Lodge? I'd love to go there. It's close to MK and also Fort Wilderness. Fort Wilderness has great things for kids to do at night!

If you drive your own car instead of flying you can save more money on the flight.

I think if you really want to take advantage of FREE DINING and get the best deal I'd go for POR. If I stayed Delux I'd want a room only discount instead.

Lady Lallie
06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Can I offer a suggestion that wasn't on your list? :lmao:

I think deluxe is worth it, granted I haven't stayed at a moderate yet but I have done value & deluxe. My suggestion would be Wilderness Lodge, it's roughly the same price as AKL but you get boat to MK and also to the other hotels where you could catch the monorail from to Epcot if you wanted.

I know it's hard to commit to deluxe because it can be a lot more expensive, trust me I know but I thought WL was worth every penny.

If you didn't go with WL my thought would be to go with Contemporary so you get those MK transportation benefits!

maroo
06-05-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm in! I'm in!

And I voted for AKL...but I think you guys would have to do Savannah View, if you chose AKL! :thumbsup2

wlwilliams9
06-05-2009, 05:47 PM
I had a hard time choosing from your list! I chose Beach Club though! Have you ever thought about renting points froma DVC member? I think that is what we are going to do next and maybe stay at BLT. Anyway, I chose the BC because of the pool! You guys will love the pool there and the movies and smores on the beach! It's very relaxing you can walk to Epcot and take the boat to DHS. You can also take the monorail to MK if you have park hoppers and walk through Epcot to the monorail station. I loved staying at the Poly, but only because we got such a good deal with the 4/3 deal and the room only 40% off code. I don't think it would be worth it to pay rack rate even in value season. I priced out BC, BLT and Contemporary during free dining and it was almost $2000 cheaper to rent points and pay for the DDP for us. Just another thought to make you completely confused!!!:confused3

chicagoshannon
06-05-2009, 06:27 PM
I love Wendy's idea of renting points from a DVC owner. You can get a great price that way!

my2disneyboys
06-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I love Wendy's idea of renting points from a DVC owner. You can get a great price that way!

I need to find out about this for sure! I have no idea how it works!
I am interested in your ticker... I need to loose some weight and I really need some motivation... Maybe I will add a ticker too and we can encourage eachother!?

my2disneyboys
06-05-2009, 07:22 PM
I had a hard time choosing from your list! I chose Beach Club though! Have you ever thought about renting points froma DVC member? I think that is what we are going to do next and maybe stay at BLT. Anyway, I chose the BC because of the pool! You guys will love the pool there and the movies and smores on the beach! It's very relaxing you can walk to Epcot and take the boat to DHS. You can also take the monorail to MK if you have park hoppers and walk through Epcot to the monorail station. I loved staying at the Poly, but only because we got such a good deal with the 4/3 deal and the room only 40% off code. I don't think it would be worth it to pay rack rate even in value season. I priced out BC, BLT and Contemporary during free dining and it was almost $2000 cheaper to rent points and pay for the DDP for us. Just another thought to make you completely confused!!!:confused3

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy.... Don't you see I am already confused :confused3
:rotfl2:
Ok, How do I go about finding out about renting points? Also how did you get the room only 40% AND 4/3 deal? Did they let you use both? If so- WOW!!! How does one go about getting a 40% room only discount?

I'm in! I'm in!

And I voted for AKL...but I think you guys would have to do Savannah View, if you chose AKL! :thumbsup2
Welcome back!! I was thinking the price of the Savannah would be comparable to Contemp Garden Room- ofcourse the view would be better at AKL and I really like the balcony!! At the Contemp the garden rooms do not have a balcony.

Can I offer a suggestion that wasn't on your list? :lmao:

I think deluxe is worth it, granted I haven't stayed at a moderate yet but I have done value & deluxe. My suggestion would be Wilderness Lodge, it's roughly the same price as AKL but you get boat to MK and also to the other hotels where you could catch the monorail from to Epcot if you wanted.

I know it's hard to commit to deluxe because it can be a lot more expensive, trust me I know but I thought WL was worth every penny.

If you didn't go with WL my thought would be to go with Contemporary so you get those MK transportation benefits!

I dont know what it is about the WL... but I dont like something about it. :confused3 Wayne thinks I am crazy because it has most of what I like, but I just dont know what it is!!! ???

I just took the pole and no one agrees yet. hahaha

I chose the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think the boys would love seeing the animals everyday.

2nd choice is between Contemporary- because of the close proximity to MK and POR because my heart belongs there and you already love it there!

I didnt' vote for the Poly becasue that pool is always crazy busy and you said you liked going to the pool. Beach Club would be WONDERFUL but the price is steep. If I won the lottery it would be one of my top choices though. I love that it has the boat to Epcot AND DHS, has a great pool and is close to Boardwalk for fun activities. If you can afford this one I'd go for it. I believe I read somewhere that a room only discount here would be a better deal then free dining. So something to keep in mind.

Have you considered the WIlderness Lodge? I'd love to go there. It's close to MK and also Fort Wilderness. Fort Wilderness has great things for kids to do at night!

If you drive your own car instead of flying you can save more money on the flight.

I think if you really want to take advantage of FREE DINING and get the best deal I'd go for POR. If I stayed Delux I'd want a room only discount instead.

I am leaning towards POR! I do love it - and with free dining the price is hard to beat. I wanted to try Deluxe but I am having a hard time thinking of paying the deluxe pricing...

Well, you KNOW I voted for the Poly!!

BUT (and that's a BIG BUT:rotfl:)

1)Contemporary-yes great location, but I feel like you do about the themeing and pool!
2)AKL-love the looks of it and the pool. It is remote, though. (We are bus people)
3)BC-definately on our list!! SAB looks great and proximity to Epcot is awesome.
4)POR-You know you love it!

So, how is that for no help??:laughing:

Have you considered a Pirate room at CBR? It was so awesome, and the boys are a perfect age...you would save $$ too!
:rotfl2: No help! LOL We did think CBR and pirate room, but if I am at a MOD, I cant not be at POR or POFQ- I need that boat to DTD!!!

Needed to quote so I could remember everything! Thanks again for putting all your thoughts out there-helps me tremendously!
I agree with all your points on the Contemp-except I kinda feel the rooms are to modern looking for my taste. I can totally see how the last week of Aug would be a double plus-free dining and value. For me, the humidity would scare me off. We live in Az so heat is not the issue it is the humidity. And we start school mid Aug here so Avery would miss the 2nd week.
AK looks fun but it is kinda far out and I feel like I would need the Savannah view LOL
Beach CLub is also on our list. Looks really nice,great pool and restraunts. The $$$ turn me off though.
Poly is fabulous all around but the price-I am with ya
POR sounds fun and you guys really enjoyed it.

Ok, after all that rambling...if you are saving the $$ from daycare costs and find yourself in a good solid financial position I would go with the Contemp for convience etc. If you find that the cost is an issue and you would be happy to be at POR then thats what I would do. I think once you decide you will be very happy at either!

Thank you!!! I am leaning towards POR and if I can figure out DVC rental then maybe I CAN get into a deluxe at a good price!!

wlwilliams9
06-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey Nickie! Sorry to confuse you further!!;) It's so hard to choose where to stay! I'm having the same problem. My goal is to stay at all of the resorts, but now that we have done dlx the last 2 years, I don't know if I can go back to Mod or especially value!! I've become a resort snob!!!:rotfl:Actually, we'll probably go back to value and mod when our kids are bigger and we aren't spending much time at the hotel and don't have to worry about a stroller on the busses.

Anyway, here is the DISboard link to finding DVS rentals. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29
There are some sticky threads that explain how everything works. Basically, the DVC member makes the reservation in your name and you usually pay a deposit and then when the DVC paperwork is sent to them, they send it to you and then you pay the balance or make payments. They can add DDP or DxDP on the reservation for you which you pay for at arrival time, same with tickets.

Unless Disney has another promo like the 4/3, we will be renting points next year for sure!

As far as our May ressie, we had two separate ressies, one was 7 nights with the 4/3 deal and the other was a 3 night ressie for room only which I booked with the Spring Savings special offer Disney had going on. We had to check out and check back in, but that's when we got upgraded!:thumbsup2

wlwilliams9
06-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Oh, and if you like the boat to DTD, you might want to look into renting at SSR, they are usually pretty cheap, around $8-$9 a point. Here is a link to the points chart so you know how many points you need:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/DVCpoints.shtml

my2disneyboys
06-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh, and if you like the boat to DTD, you might want to look into renting at SSR, they are usually pretty cheap, around $8-$9 a point. Here is a link to the points chart so you know how many points you need:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/DVCpoints.shtml

Wendy, thanks for all the info!!!! Wayne is out tonight (seeing some horror movie with his brother) and I am home alone so I think I will do some DVC research!! BTW - Wayne and I watched "Taken" yesterday, and now I am home alone.. and all freaked out...:scared1:

chicagoshannon
06-05-2009, 09:22 PM
PUt up a ticker for weight! We can definitely encourage each other!

I can't wait to hear if you decide to rent points. That would be really neat!

What was taken about. I don't remember.

Lady Lallie
06-05-2009, 09:57 PM
I'll be really interested to see what you find out about renting DVC points, it's something Marc & I have talked about doing before....especially since we'd really like to own DVC someday. A test run if you will...

Marc is watching Ghost Hunters right now. I hate shows like this because when I'm home alone when he works overnight, I get all freaked out! I feel your pain!

my2disneyboys
06-06-2009, 08:02 PM
PUt up a ticker for weight! We can definitely encourage each other!

I can't wait to hear if you decide to rent points. That would be really neat!

What was taken about. I don't remember.

Taken was about a girl and her best friend who went to Paris and they were taken by these people who would take girls and drug them, and then sell them... it was scary!:scared1:

I'll be really interested to see what you find out about renting DVC points, it's something Marc & I have talked about doing before....especially since we'd really like to own DVC someday. A test run if you will...

Marc is watching Ghost Hunters right now. I hate shows like this because when I'm home alone when he works overnight, I get all freaked out! I feel your pain!

Thanks- yes I am a chicken!! Sometimes I just get spooked - like last night... I had to go to bed with the TV on...
I am going to keep thinking about this DVC and see what we come up with. It's nice it is so far away so we have lots of time to think about all different ideas!

chicagoshannon
06-06-2009, 08:06 PM
We watched Taken today.

Did you do any research last night about renting points?

my2disneyboys
06-06-2009, 08:21 PM
So I have to admit, I stole this idea off someone here on the DIS! I thought it was a great idea, and something my boys would really get into. They use this idea as a countdown when you get to 26 weeks left until your trip, but because our trip is so far away, we are just doing it because it will be fun.

Here are the details....

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2614.jpg

DISNEY A-Z

I made a book that is titled "DISNEY A-Z", In the book, I put blank pages and lettered them each A-Z.... On each page we will practice writing that letter, think of as many characters that start with that letter, we will name the rides at Disney that begin with that letter and lastly, Myles will print out pictures from the computer of characters with that letter and Myles and Owen will color them in and Myles can practice cutting them out. We also keep one name of a character on the top of the page and practice during the week spelling it and writing the letter and the characters name.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2612.jpg

Ok.... so for this week we begin with the letter A. - Our special character that we will spell during the week is ANDY and AL (Myles wanted two this week)

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/a-z004.jpg

For Rides: Astro Orbiter, and Aladdin Magic Carpets

Characters: Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin and Abu, Ariel, Al and Andy from Toy Story, Abby Mallard (Chicken Little), Alfredo Linguini (Ratatouille), Anastasia (Cinderella), Am (Lady and Tramp) Auto Pilot (Wall-E)

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/a-z003.jpg

I thank our fellow DIS member for such a neat idea!

MinnieNurse
06-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Woo Hoo I am here. I loved your last report. I love the way you and your DH seem to enjoy everything you do together. DH and I are so much like that. His friends do not get how he could possibly like going to WDW every year. But I hunt with him, we enjoy the beach, anywhere the 3 of us go on vacation we have a great time.

I voted for Beach Club just because that pool in the summer looks like a great place. Also, because of its location to Epcot. DH loves Epcot so we usually go at least 2 times if not more every trip. Cant wait to hear more.

My 2nd choice would be Poly or AKL.

Lady Lallie
06-06-2009, 08:49 PM
I LOVE the A-Z Disney book! What a great activity for Myles. I love that you can get so many great ideas from the DIS. You do the most creative things with your kids. :thumbsup2

annnewjerz
06-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Just stopping by to say hi :wave2:

I don't remember if I only lurked on your TR or ever commented and I can't find it now to look it up, but in case I never left word on the TR you just completed I thought I'd introduce myself!! :goodvibes

I'm Ann---I found your PTR through ChicagoShannon's PTR. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at all of your pictures. It looked like you, DH and your two DSs had a fantastic time.

I don't remember what picture it was but I thought it was your youngest DS' face when he was about to see Goofy? Pluto? One of them. It was the cutest thing ever and so classic---hold onto that photo forever!

Anywho, looking forward to reading this PTR...count me in!! :banana: :banana:

wlwilliams9
06-06-2009, 10:31 PM
I love the A-Z idea, I'm totally stealing it too! Emily can write Emily, Daddy, Momma and Williams. she loves writing her letters and would love to do that activity! Maybe Mike should do it too, his handwriting is horrible!!:lmao:

my2disneyboys
06-07-2009, 07:17 AM
I love the A-Z idea, I'm totally stealing it too! Emily can write Emily, Daddy, Momma and Williams. she loves writing her letters and would love to do that activity! Maybe Mike should do it too, his handwriting is horrible!!:lmao:

Poor Mike :rotfl2: That is great that Emily can already write all that stuff!!! Girls are so smart... having boys, they are so much slower at that kind of stuff.

Just stopping by to say hi :wave2:

I don't remember if I only lurked on your TR or ever commented and I can't find it now to look it up, but in case I never left word on the TR you just completed I thought I'd introduce myself!! :goodvibes

I'm Ann---I found your PTR through ChicagoShannon's PTR. I really enjoyed reading it and looking at all of your pictures. It looked like you, DH and your two DSs had a fantastic time.

I don't remember what picture it was but I thought it was your youngest DS' face when he was about to see Goofy? Pluto? One of them. It was the cutest thing ever and so classic---hold onto that photo forever!

Anywho, looking forward to reading this PTR...count me in!! :banana: :banana:

Oh thank you and thanks for reading along! I love that picture too- I think you are talking about Owen's face when he saw Pluto!

I LOVE the A-Z Disney book! What a great activity for Myles. I love that you can get so many great ideas from the DIS. You do the most creative things with your kids. :thumbsup2

aww- thank you- it's so fun... and a good way to pass the LONG wait until we can go back to Disney!

Woo Hoo I am here. I loved your last report. I love the way you and your DH seem to enjoy everything you do together. DH and I are so much like that. His friends do not get how he could possibly like going to WDW every year. But I hunt with him, we enjoy the beach, anywhere the 3 of us go on vacation we have a great time.

I voted for Beach Club just because that pool in the summer looks like a great place. Also, because of its location to Epcot. DH loves Epcot so we usually go at least 2 times if not more every trip. Cant wait to hear more.

My 2nd choice would be Poly or AKL.

thank you!! I was just reading some of your trip report last night. I need to read some more today!! I was really enjoying it.

We watched Taken today.

Did you do any research last night about renting points?

I didnt get much research done on DVC yet... What did you think of Taken? I got that Brad Pitt Movie- Benjamin B- but didnt get to watch it yet. I really would like to see What Woman Want - with Drew Barrymore but my DH will not watch that one with me. :rotfl2: I will have to wait for another night when he goes out.

chicagoshannon
06-07-2009, 08:30 AM
I enjoyed Taken but I like all those thriller/suspense type movies. We saw Benjamin B. last week. I thought it was just ok, but I know other's loved it!

crocko
06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
So I have to admit, I stole this idea off someone here on the DIS! I thought it was a great idea, and something my boys would really get into. They use this idea as a countdown when you get to 26 weeks left until your trip, but because our trip is so far away, we are just doing it because it will be fun.

Here are the details....

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2614.jpg

DISNEY A-Z

I made a book that is titled "DISNEY A-Z", In the book, I put blank pages and lettered them each A-Z.... On each page we will practice writing that letter, think of as many characters that start with that letter, we will name the rides at Disney that begin with that letter and lastly, Myles will print out pictures from the computer of characters with that letter and Myles and Owen will color them in and Myles can practice cutting them out. We also keep one name of a character on the top of the page and practice during the week spelling it and writing the letter and the characters name.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2612.jpg

Ok.... so for this week we begin with the letter A. - Our special character that we will spell during the week is ANDY and AL (Myles wanted two this week)

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/a-z004.jpg

For Rides: Astro Orbiter, and Aladdin Magic Carpets

Characters: Alice in Wonderland, Aladdin and Abu, Ariel, Al and Andy from Toy Story, Abby Mallard (Chicken Little), Alfredo Linguini (Ratatouille), Anastasia (Cinderella), Am (Lady and Tramp) Auto Pilot (Wall-E)

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/a-z003.jpg

I thank our fellow DIS member for such a neat idea!

Awesome!! We've had so much fun with this 26-week project.

Glad you and your sons were able to take the idea and make it your own. Nice to see such a big smile on his face while he's "learning".

my2disneyboys
06-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I took this quiz and got Perdita!

http://family.go.com/community/quizzes/who-is-your-inner-disney-mom-qz/

Your Inner Disney Mom Is Perdita from 101 Dalmatians

Whether you are mom to one, 15 or 99, there is more than enough room in your heart for all. You are always around to listen, to offer advice and to give plenty of hugs and kisses. You are an incredibly loyal friend and partner, and can always sense when there's trouble (you've been known to start a Twilight Bark or two). Your kids sometimes might call you a "worrier," but you are just trying your best to protect them against the world's evils or DeVilles, as the case may be.

wlwilliams9
06-10-2009, 11:41 AM
I took the quiz too!

My Inner Disney Mom Is Tess Coleman from Freaky Friday You and your kids have so much in common, people often ask who is the parent and who is the child. You're always up for having fun, playing games and bonding over pizza, ice cream and a good movie. You are very proud of your kids, and want to make sure they enjoy being young. Their friends confide in you and you know more about what's going on at school (like who has a crush on whom), than any other parent. You might take a fashion cue from the teen magazines rather than the "grown up" ones, but your motto is: "I'm only as old as I feel."

my2disneyboys
06-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I took the quiz too!

My Inner Disney Mom Is Tess Coleman from Freaky Friday You and your kids have so much in common, people often ask who is the parent and who is the child. You're always up for having fun, playing games and bonding over pizza, ice cream and a good movie. You are very proud of your kids, and want to make sure they enjoy being young. Their friends confide in you and you know more about what's going on at school (like who has a crush on whom), than any other parent. You might take a fashion cue from the teen magazines rather than the "grown up" ones, but your motto is: "I'm only as old as I feel."

you sound like the "cool mom"- I sound like the "naggy mom".... LOL :rotfl2:

Raecheal
06-10-2009, 12:44 PM
:surfweb: alright all caught up from the first page... I just need to say.. Your photos were absolutely beautiful of Owen. Don't they grow up so fast?

I love, LOVE the idea of the Disner A-Z. Even if "borrowed":laughing: from another diser, I think thats a great way to keep kids interested in a countdown and be educational all at the same time.

I Vote for AKL.

ShannonMB
06-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Loved your TR, and had to come over here and see what was going on with the planning! I think I am going to vote for the Beach Club, because that's where I'd pick out of your list if I thought I could swing it. We will be staying at POFQ in Nov, which will be our first MOD (ASMovies both times before). I'm super-excited for the boat to DTD!! And inhaling powdered sugar from the beignets (sp)! :laughing: Oh, and having a fridge in the room!

I took the quiz, too, and I'm another Perdita. ;) Love her!

MinnieNurse
06-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I took this quiz and got Perdita!

http://family.go.com/community/quizzes/who-is-your-inner-disney-mom-qz/

Whether you are mom to one, 15 or 99, there is more than enough room in your heart for all. You are always around to listen, to offer advice and to give plenty of hugs and kisses. You are an incredibly loyal friend and partner, and can always sense when there's trouble (you've been known to start a Twilight Bark or two). Your kids sometimes might call you a "worrier," but you are just trying your best to protect them against the world's evils or DeVilles, as the case may be.

I got Perdita also.

The funny thing is that the description does sound just like me.

longing2Batdisney
06-11-2009, 11:58 PM
signing on! be back later to catch up!

leamom2princesses
06-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi Nickie! I've been MIA but I'm back for the moement. Love the A-Z book. I'm having the same dilemma about resorts but I think we're going back in May again. Joe and I have talked it over and I really hate to pull both the girls out of school for a week to get free dining. School starts the day free dining starts here. :headache: Anywho, I'm back and looking forward to planning along with you. Have a great weekend!

wlwilliams9
06-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey Nickie!! Have you come any closer to making a resort decision? I think we will definitely be renting points at either BLT or BCV unless there is another great offer like the 4/3 deal. Good luck!! I can't wait to hear about some more plans!

longing2Batdisney
06-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey, Nickie & Wayne,:flower3:
OK! all caught up!
I vote:
1. Port of Orleans
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge
3. Poly

I'm a frugal type person and although my dream is to stay at the AKL w/the Savannah view, I have a hard time letting that money go when I know I love POFQ. Just would not do the value (might have to try the POP- only if I am paying for the older kids again!) I like to use my money for the extras and fun...;) I do like Wendy's idea of renting points; I plan to check into this whenI have a chance/after that guy told Danny about his this last time I had planned on checking into this (just leary)...

Ashton is being very quiet today and just wants to be left alone...I think he is afraid that I will rebandage his wound (I will have to at bed time--its so sad to take that thing off--his skin is soooo sensitive...)

Sorry, back to your report...love the book you started; I WILL def have to start that. Ashton and the girls should love that, I just have to redo it to cater to a three year old a little more... can't wait for the Disney nights to start back up... I think we are going to start once a month and go from there...but, we already watch a movie a night w/Ashton--we are doing Wall-E, Chichiuaua (spellling) nightly at the moment!!!:laughing:

Love the pics of the babies...
I love baby pictures and memories...

About your B-day party situation; you sound like me. I was thinking of going to the New Orleans aquarium w/Ashton on the day of his B-day 7-21 and having a small cake for the family that weekend. We have the problem that we have three other children in the same week as him; I get partied out by the end of that and I would rather spend the money on him than a party. I guess having the older two I am partied out and would rather spend on one really nice gift than have a bunch of small toys around...
Enjoyed following you in previous reports...look forward to following along this go round... we are trying to decide when we want to return...remember Danny agrees to every 5 years and he has agreed to going back in 2010:yay:
now WHEN do we go; Mardi Gras or first week of December. I really want to see it for Christmas but don't want to wait THAT LONG...:laughing:Just finishing up on my TR may wait a little before I start a another PTR...but, you never know...I"M ADDICTED...:rotfl2:what can I say...:hippie:

Think I covered all that I missed...
Connie

OH! I know what I missed: I took the quiz you're in good company I'm:
:laughing:

Goofy442
06-15-2009, 11:53 AM
We love to stay at AKV we love all the animals. I can't wait to stay at Bay Lake Towers where you can watch the fireworks from your room. Yes renting points is the why to go to try it out. Depending on when you go the points are not much. September 1st - 30th for a value studio its 8 points per night for Sun-Thurs and on Fri and Sat. its 16 points per night but a total of 72 points for the week. Ten dollars a point is 720.00 not to bad for a deluxe hotel.

my2disneyboys
06-15-2009, 02:10 PM
So this weekend Myles developed a fever. We called the Dr. and they said over the phone that he probably has H1N1... I was panicked and was like "WHAT!!!!??" - they really said that it is NOT a big deal-that he needs fluids and rest. They were not even going to see him. Well, today Wayne stayed home with him and took him to the Dr. He has Strep Throat and H1N1- Swine flu!!!!!! My poor baby- I am scared for him- but it's crazy how relaxed the Dr. is - and how much they keep stressing this is NO big deal! It feels like one to me though! :scared:

longing2Batdisney
06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Myles is a healthy little guy; so, he will be fine...they say it is just another strain and is hard on people w/health conditions...did they test him for the strain I thought it took a few days for the test results on that strain...

Try and relax and treat it like any other resp. infection; you and Myles will be fine...sending you and Myles and the other guys lots of:grouphug:

Hope he feels better real soon and the rest of you don't come down with it maybe lots of vit C and lysol wipes and spray, chicken soup...:hug:
:flower3:

chicagoshannon
06-15-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm glad you took him in. Poor little guy. :( I hope he gets better quickly. Has anyone else at daycare come down with it?

my2disneyboys
06-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Myles is a healthy little guy; so, he will be fine...they say it is just another strain and is hard on people w/health conditions...did they test him for the strain I thought it took a few days for the test results on that strain...

Try and relax and treat it like any other resp. infection; you and Myles will be fine...sending you and Myles and the other guys lots of:grouphug:

Hope he feels better real soon and the rest of you don't come down with it maybe lots of vit C and lysol wipes and spray, chicken soup...:hug:
:flower3:

It was so weird- they said they are not reporting the cases anymore- and they are not sending results to be confirmed. They tested by doing th swab and confirmed it in their lab, and said if he tests positive for Flu- they assume its H1N1.
Thanks for the hugs!

I'm glad you took him in. Poor little guy. :( I hope he gets better quickly. Has anyone else at daycare come down with it?

I know! If we had just tried to treat him at home as they first suggested, I wouldnt know he had strep throat.

All I can think of was how worried I was about going to Disney- and then he gets it at home... 9 kids were out of his school with fevers today. He only has 30 kids total in his school!

my2disneyboys
06-15-2009, 04:02 PM
:surfweb: alright all caught up from the first page... I just need to say.. Your photos were absolutely beautiful of Owen. Don't they grow up so fast?

I love, LOVE the idea of the Disner A-Z. Even if "borrowed":laughing: from another diser, I think thats a great way to keep kids interested in a countdown and be educational all at the same time.

I Vote for AKL.

Thanks for reading along and for the compliments on my boy!! I have to put up the picture from this week "Letter B"!!

Loved your TR, and had to come over here and see what was going on with the planning! I think I am going to vote for the Beach Club, because that's where I'd pick out of your list if I thought I could swing it. We will be staying at POFQ in Nov, which will be our first MOD (ASMovies both times before). I'm super-excited for the boat to DTD!! And inhaling powdered sugar from the beignets (sp)! :laughing: Oh, and having a fridge in the room!

I took the quiz, too, and I'm another Perdita. ;) Love her!

I LOVE the boat to DTD!! It's funny- with staying at a deluxe all I can think of is how much I will miss having that boat! It's also a memory Myles always remembers about Disney!

I got Perdita also.

The funny thing is that the description does sound just like me.
LOL - she sounds like me too!!

Hi Nickie! I've been MIA but I'm back for the moement. Love the A-Z book. I'm having the same dilemma about resorts but I think we're going back in May again. Joe and I have talked it over and I really hate to pull both the girls out of school for a week to get free dining. School starts the day free dining starts here. :headache: Anywho, I'm back and looking forward to planning along with you. Have a great weekend!

Hi- How have you been? I have been thinking of you guys!! I am looking forward to more planning with you!!

Hey Nickie!! Have you come any closer to making a resort decision? I think we will definitely be renting points at either BLT or BCV unless there is another great offer like the 4/3 deal. Good luck!! I can't wait to hear about some more plans!

Hi Wendy!!
NOPE! We have no clue- I havent had the time yet but I NEED to figure out the point thing- I would LOVE to stay at Bay Lake Towers!!! Your Trip report cracks me up :rotfl2: You are a really good writer!!

Hey, Nickie & Wayne,:flower3:
OK! all caught up!
I vote:
1. Port of Orleans
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge
3. Poly

I'm a frugal type person and although my dream is to stay at the AKL w/the Savannah view, I have a hard time letting that money go when I know I love POFQ. Just would not do the value (might have to try the POP- only if I am paying for the older kids again!) I like to use my money for the extras and fun...;) I do like Wendy's idea of renting points; I plan to check into this whenI have a chance/after that guy told Danny about his this last time I had planned on checking into this (just leary)...

Ashton is being very quiet today and just wants to be left alone...I think he is afraid that I will rebandage his wound (I will have to at bed time--its so sad to take that thing off--his skin is soooo sensitive...)

Sorry, back to your report...love the book you started; I WILL def have to start that. Ashton and the girls should love that, I just have to redo it to cater to a three year old a little more... can't wait for the Disney nights to start back up... I think we are going to start once a month and go from there...but, we already watch a movie a night w/Ashton--we are doing Wall-E, Chichiuaua (spellling) nightly at the moment!!!:laughing:

Love the pics of the babies...
I love baby pictures and memories...

About your B-day party situation; you sound like me. I was thinking of going to the New Orleans aquarium w/Ashton on the day of his B-day 7-21 and having a small cake for the family that weekend. We have the problem that we have three other children in the same week as him; I get partied out by the end of that and I would rather spend the money on him than a party. I guess having the older two I am partied out and would rather spend on one really nice gift than have a bunch of small toys around...
Enjoyed following you in previous reports...look forward to following along this go round... we are trying to decide when we want to return...remember Danny agrees to every 5 years and he has agreed to going back in 2010:yay:
now WHEN do we go; Mardi Gras or first week of December. I really want to see it for Christmas but don't want to wait THAT LONG...:laughing:Just finishing up on my TR may wait a little before I start a another PTR...but, you never know...I"M ADDICTED...:rotfl2:what can I say...:hippie:

Think I covered all that I missed...
Connie

OH! I know what I missed: I took the quiz you're in good company I'm:
:laughing:

Connie,
How is Ashton feeling now? I hope he is back to his normal self!!
Thanks for the great feedback!! The whole "Where to stay and When to go" is a tough one!! I am glad we have lots of time to plan though... I think its funny Danny said 2010- and you have him going back within the year!!!

We love to stay at AKV we love all the animals. I can't wait to stay at Bay Lake Towers where you can watch the fireworks from your room. Yes renting points is the why to go to try it out. Depending on when you go the points are not much. September 1st - 30th for a value studio its 8 points per night for Sun-Thurs and on Fri and Sat. its 16 points per night but a total of 72 points for the week. Ten dollars a point is 720.00 not to bad for a deluxe hotel.

I really need to figure it out- I agree- We would LOVE to stay at Bay Lake... Do you know how early you can reserve that? If free dining is offered how does it work if you rent DVC points? - thanks!!

Raecheal
06-15-2009, 04:41 PM
So this weekend Myles developed a fever. We called the Dr. and they said over the phone that he probably has H1N1... I was panicked and was like "WHAT!!!!??" - they really said that it is NOT a big deal-that he needs fluids and rest. They were not even going to see him. Well, today Wayne stayed home with him and took him to the Dr. He has Strep Throat and H1N1- Swine flu!!!!!! My poor baby- I am scared for him- but it's crazy how relaxed the Dr. is - and how much they keep stressing this is NO big deal! It feels like one to me though! :scared:

:scared1:

Sending you some pixiedust for Myles. I hope he feels better soon..pixiedust:

wlwilliams9
06-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Aww, poor Myles. I saw Wayne's tweet this morning that he was staying home with him. I can't believe, after all the N1H1 hype, that they think it's no biggie. Well, I guess that would help put your mind at some ease. Anyway, I hope he feels better soon and that the rest of you stay healthy! :hug:

Oh, great job on the "How well do you know Wendy" quiz! You did better than some of my family!!:rotfl:

Goofy442
06-15-2009, 07:26 PM
I really need to figure it out- I agree- We would LOVE to stay at Bay Lake... Do you know how early you can reserve that? If free dining is offered how does it work if you rent DVC points? - thanks!![/QUOTE]

I think you could book now. However we found out they do not offer the free dining for DVC members. But if you buy the dining plan it came to 800.00 and no cost for room. I think you will get it if you pay cash for the rooms. Not sure how much they are going for.

I hope Myles feels better I always hated it when my kids were sick I wish it was me instead of them. We had 5 cases in our school and they said it was not enough to close down the school. If it's bad now what will it be like in the winter.

my2disneyboys
06-16-2009, 07:37 AM
:confused3:scared1:

Sending you some pixiedust for Myles. I hope he feels better soon..pixiedust:
Thanks for the pixiedust!!! I told Myles and he asked "Can I fly now!?" I said, NO- but now you can get better:rotfl:

Aww, poor Myles. I saw Wayne's tweet this morning that he was staying home with him. I can't believe, after all the N1H1 hype, that they think it's no biggie. Well, I guess that would help put your mind at some ease. Anyway, I hope he feels better soon and that the rest of you stay healthy! :hug:

Oh, great job on the "How well do you know Wendy" quiz! You did better than some of my family!!:rotfl:

Wasnt that funny- when i did it I was thinking- Geesh I really know Wendy!! I scored lower on my best friends :rotfl2: (I think she was trying to trick us though) Even on mine- after I realized I put answers that could have had multiple answers lol

Thanks for get well wishes for my boy! Is today the 16th?? Good luck and let me know how it goes.

I really need to figure it out- I agree- We would LOVE to stay at Bay Lake... Do you know how early you can reserve that? If free dining is offered how does it work if you rent DVC points? - thanks!!

I think you could book now. However we found out they do not offer the free dining for DVC members. But if you buy the dining plan it came to 800.00 and no cost for room. I think you will get it if you pay cash for the rooms. Not sure how much they are going for.

I hope Myles feels better I always hated it when my kids were sick I wish it was me instead of them. We had 5 cases in our school and they said it was not enough to close down the school. If it's bad now what will it be like in the winter.[/QUOTE]

I think today while I am home with my sick boy, I will do some DVC research! We would love to stay there. I wonder how much it would be to stay at Contemporary with free dining (in a garden view room- which was 280 in 09) vs. BLT with no free dining!!?? See it gets so confusing!

Thanks for the get well wishes for Myles- it is scary- there were 9 kids out of his school yesterday. He only has 30 kids total!!

leamom2princesses
06-16-2009, 11:11 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Myles being sick. :sick: I hope he is better very, very soon. Poor little guy-that stinks!:sad2: We'll be thinking about you guys.

The3rdDisneyBoy
06-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Hey hun,

I came across this when doing my research today. Not particularly interesting or anything - but I thought of you when I read it:

Mickey waffle sandwiches win food contest (http://www.news.wisc.edu/16772)

wlwilliams9
06-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Hey Nickie!

How is Myles feeling? Hopefully he is doing much better and the rest of you are healthy! Everything went great at the doctor! We got to see the heart beat so that was reassuring!

Hope you are having a great day!

my2disneyboys
06-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Hey Nickie!

How is Myles feeling? Hopefully he is doing much better and the rest of you are healthy! Everything went great at the doctor! We got to see the heart beat so that was reassuring!

Hope you are having a great day!

Thanks for asking. He is doing great- My work told me to stay home all week. So that has been great that I can stay home with the boys. Wayne and I did so much this week. We painted the boys room, their playroom and our bedroom, and we ripped up some carpet in our bedroom. WOW!!

I am so sorry to hear about Myles being sick. :sick: I hope he is better very, very soon. Poor little guy-that stinks!:sad2: We'll be thinking about you guys.

Thank you- he is much better. Fever gone and wanting to play and not rest!

my2disneyboys
06-19-2009, 08:15 AM
This is from last week. Because Myles was sick this week we didnt get much done with the Letter C. We will have to work on that next week... when life returns to normal.

"The Letter B"
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/a-z002-1.jpg

We wrote down some of our favorite rides that start with the letter B -Big Thunder Mountain - Myles was tall enough and got to ride this- he loved it!
Buzz Lightyear (This was probably Myles favorite ride of the trip. He is still talking about it)

Characters:
Bambi, Bob Incredible, Beast, Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Butch, Belle, Bolt, Baloo, Bullseye, Bashful, Bernard,

Myles wanted "BOLT" to be the word of the week. He was having some issues though with remembering the "L", but I think he has it.

We also are going to incorporate our Disney nights into this project. So this week for Disney Night, we will watch BOLT!

If you have any ideas let me know... All we can think of so far is to make Rhino's Popcorn Balls!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/a-z003-1.jpg

crocko
06-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Yay! Bolt is a fun movie.

and...do my eyes deceive me....or is that a Halloween Bolt picture? If so....very cool find.

longing2Batdisney
06-19-2009, 11:09 AM
what about dog bone treats, what about something w/ ground meat (or turkey)--dog food--nachos, tacos, fluatas (dog treats)

Have fun!!!! I need to go back and reread and find the book you are working on I want to start that this week! I like the idea of making it a Disney movie night...might have to do this w/the Ashton and the little ones I watch as a lunch thing...

Glad to hear Myles is feeling better and that you guys were not affected...great job on the house this week

my2disneyboys
06-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Yay! Bolt is a fun movie.

and...do my eyes deceive me....or is that a Halloween Bolt picture? If so....very cool find.
YES- Halloween Bolt! :goodvibes - I get so jealous when I see your ticker!! I can't believe how soon your trip will be here... ours is SO long away.

what about dog bone treats, what about something w/ ground meat (or turkey)--dog food--nachos, tacos, fluatas (dog treats)

Have fun!!!! I need to go back and reread and find the book you are working on I want to start that this week! I like the idea of making it a Disney movie night...might have to do this w/the Ashton and the little ones I watch as a lunch thing...

Glad to hear Myles is feeling better and that you guys were not affected...great job on the house this week

Nice ideas- That would be a great thing to do with the kids- help break up the day- educational and also nice for a little quiet time (when you watch the movie)

my2disneyboys
06-20-2009, 07:44 PM
First let me tell you (VENT) about my Owen... We took Owen to the Dr. today and he tested positive for the flu. I can't believe it!!! The board of health wrote a letter saying to keep him out of school for 7 days.... ok, so we were just stuck in the house for the last 7 days.... today being the first day we could leave the house because Myles had the flu and now we are all under lock down again! I am probably going to loose my job. I am stressed. UGH :scared1: Balancing job/family is hard enough when things are running well, but when you have a contagious virus and you cant leave your house, and your employer is calling asking for PROOF from the Dr. that your child has the flu, and then when they get the proof they call back to say "didn't you say he had H1N1? Because this just said he has Flu A" WELL Flu A is H1N1 and why am I even having to have this discussion... Ok vent over- Back to Disney Night!!!

Tonight was Bolt for the "Letter B"

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/c007.jpg

For Activity we taught Daisy a new trick!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/c002.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/c001.jpg

For Dinner we had:

Dog Bones

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/c003.jpg

Berry Bolt Yogurt
Maca"RHINO" and Cheese
"Cat"sup

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/c005.jpg

For Dessert we had:
"Mittens" Milk
Hero Dogs

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/c008.jpg

It was a fun night!

I wanted to share with you a picture of a Mural that Wayne did in the boys playroom this week while we were stuck in the house.... Its the Green Monster at Fenway Park!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/c004.jpg

chicagoshannon
06-20-2009, 07:52 PM
That looks like a great Disney night.

Sorry about all of the flu and work troubles. EEK!

longing2Batdisney
06-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Great disney "Bolt" movie night! Love the dog treats! :dogdance:
Can I borrow Wayne in about a year??? Great job on the mural!!!
makes me wish I could start tomorrow on Ashton's room; if only Joe and Gwendolyn would get "really" started--don't even have floor plans, yet!

So, sorry to hear about Owen. It can be really hard as a parent in the real world...hope it clears up soon on your end.

Ya'll have a great "Father's Day" tomorrow.

my2disneyboys
06-21-2009, 06:32 PM
That looks like a great Disney night.

Sorry about all of the flu and work troubles. EEK!

Thanks- yes we had a good night!! I must have had Bolt on a thousand times, but I never sat and watched it... it was pretty cute!

Great disney "Bolt" movie night! Love the dog treats! :dogdance:
Can I borrow Wayne in about a year??? Great job on the mural!!!
makes me wish I could start tomorrow on Ashton's room; if only Joe and Gwendolyn would get "really" started--don't even have floor plans, yet!

So, sorry to hear about Owen. It can be really hard as a parent in the real world...hope it clears up soon on your end.

Ya'll have a great "Father's Day" tomorrow.

aww- thank you- I will tell Wayne! I hope ya'll had a nice day today too!!

my2disneyboys
06-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Happy Fathers Day to all those great Dad's out there... ESPECIALLY to Wayne! Who I happen to think is the best Daddy in the world. :lovestruc

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2008.jpg

One quick story about the kind of Dad he is...When Myles first went to daycare, Wayne had a long commute and ended up putting him in daycare close to his work. Each day at lunch he would spend his lunch break at the daycare feeding and holding Myles. He loves his kids so much and isnt afraid to show his love to the boys. It has been amazing to watch. Ok a couple more things that I just love about him... He has never missed a soccer game- passes up golf with friends to go to the games, he reads to the boys every night, he plays with them down on the floor for hours and hours!! I could go on with a million more things that he does that makes him an amazing Dad but I don't want to bore you all! He just loves his boys and will do anything for them. They have his heart for sure.

So thank you Wayne for being so good to our boys and Happy Fathers Day to you!

I love you!!

Here are some pics I have collected during our time waiting for our Disney Trips and while at Disney!!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/dis9.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/dis2.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/293431733503_0_ALB.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/DIS4-1.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/960901733503_0_ALB.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/dis196.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1492.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/disbags032.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2041.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1941.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1530.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/boysattonys.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1732.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/capecod032.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1906.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2303.jpg

The3rdDisneyBoy
06-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks hun! That was very nice. Its an easier job being a good father when I have a wife like you to help me...

wlwilliams9
06-22-2009, 11:18 PM
First of all, I love the Daddy's day montage of Wayne and the boys! You have an awesome hubby!

Second, you two need to get a room!!:lmao: Just kidding! Mike and I are the same mushy way. We love each other so much and aren't afraid to express it. It makes others sick sometimes I think!!:rotfl: Good for you guys!

Finally, YAY for Disney nights again! Your Bolt night looked amazing! What was in the dog bones? They made me drool! Let me know when the next Disney night is and I'll make sure to get up early and hit the road. I wonder how long of a drive it is from here to your house!:confused3

I've been so MIA from the DIS lately. It's been so nice out, I haven't had time to play on the computer. Emily and I have been hanging at the park, swimming and doing yard work! I think we played Hungry Hungry Hippos about 4000 times today! Ugh!!

Oh, I almost forgot, I love the wall mural Wayne painted for the boys. Very nice!:thumbsup2

3princesses+aprince
06-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Oh, WOW, I am so excited!!!! I had no idea you started up a pre trippie. I just finished my TR and am wondering when i'm going to start my pre trippie up for ............ Next September.......... I'll wait a little while. But i'm so happy you started yours. I'll be happy to come check in a see how everyone is doing. I absolutely love you Disney A-Z book, I think i'll be scooping that idea up as well!!!! something fun to do while waiting!!!!

I think you should stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Love the Animals

my2disneyboys
06-25-2009, 08:25 AM
First of all, I love the Daddy's day montage of Wayne and the boys! You have an awesome hubby!

Thanks!!

Second, you two need to get a room!!:lmao: Just kidding! Mike and I are the same mushy way. We love each other so much and aren't afraid to express it. It makes others sick sometimes I think!!:rotfl: Good for you guys!

:rotfl: I know - we make people sick... It's nice to be in love with your husband isnt it!?? Last night we got in a heated debate because he was trying to put down my beloved "GH" and I was saying that the show has been around forever and couldnt say that about any shows he watches.. Well, we debated about that and all the other "trash" tv I watch.... Then today he went and got me Confessions of a Shopaholic! So he really is a good hubby!!hee-hee!

Finally, YAY for Disney nights again! Your Bolt night looked amazing! What was in the dog bones? They made me drool! Let me know when the next Disney night is and I'll make sure to get up early and hit the road. I wonder how long of a drive it is from here to your house!:confused3

Hot dogs! Do you eat those when you are preggo? I wish you lived closer and we would invite you all over this weekend for the cook-out- Camp Rock Night!

I've been so MIA from the DIS lately. It's been so nice out, I haven't had time to play on the computer. Emily and I have been hanging at the park, swimming and doing yard work! I think we played Hungry Hungry Hippos about 4000 times today! Ugh!!

I cant believe that- it has rained here for the whole TWO weeks I have been stuck in the house with my flu kids...

Oh, I almost forgot, I love the wall mural Wayne painted for the boys. Very nice!:thumbsup2

Thanks!! It looks so cool in their playroom!

Oh, WOW, I am so excited!!!! I had no idea you started up a pre trippie. I just finished my TR and am wondering when i'm going to start my pre trippie up for ............ Next September.......... I'll wait a little while. But i'm so happy you started yours. I'll be happy to come check in a see how everyone is doing. I absolutely love you Disney A-Z book, I think i'll be scooping that idea up as well!!!! something fun to do while waiting!!!!

I think you should stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Love the Animals

Hi Pam!! Welcome back!!! I was wondering where you have been. I really enjoyed reading your Trip Report- the pics all look so great! I am really looking forward to hearing all the plans about the wedding- you should start your pre trip soon so we can hear all the plans!!!

my2disneyboys
06-25-2009, 08:50 AM
After much debate, and LOT's of research we have decided against renting DVC Points, and decided NOT to stay at any of the resorts in our Poll! :rotfl:

We booked 7 nights, 8 days at the beautiful................

Caribbean Beach Resort !!!!

We booked a Waterview, Pirate Room!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/CBRPirateRoom.jpg

Have you all seen the new Zero Entry Pool at this place? It's so nice!!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/CBRPool.jpg

I love that you can watch Illuminations from a hammock on the beach at CBR!

The Kiddie Pool Area with the Ship and little slides is going to be PERFECT for Owen. I am really excited about this place. The price saves us over 1,000 and this way we will rent a car again. Which we really like having- for us with the 2 kids and the stroller, and the fact that we eat all our dinners all over the place it will be GREAT to have! At CBR, you also get to park your car right next to your hotel room! Big bonus- at the Deluxes the parking lots are SO far away!!!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/CBRKiddieShipPic.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/CBRKiddieShip.jpg

Well there is my big update for today!!

Lady Lallie
06-25-2009, 08:59 AM
WOO HOO for a resort!! I think your boys will ADORE the pirate room, how fun! pirate:

my2disneyboys
06-25-2009, 09:11 AM
WOO HOO for a resort!! I think your boys will ADORE the pirate room, how fun! pirate:

Thank you!! Now onto where we are going to eat this time!!! My favorite part of the planning. :rotfl2:

Do you know how I change my title of the trip report? Like if I wanted to add something to it or change it... I am clueless!!!

Lady Lallie
06-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Thank you!! Now onto where we are going to eat this time!!! My favorite part of the planning. :rotfl2:

Do you know how I change my title of the trip report? Like if I wanted to add something to it or change it... I am clueless!!!

That is the best part of planning!

Go to your very first post and edit that post. You have to edit in the advanced mode, there is a button for that. Then you can edit the title. :thumbsup2

my2disneyboys
06-25-2009, 09:29 AM
That is the best part of planning!

Go to your very first post and edit that post. You have to edit in the advanced mode, there is a button for that. Then you can edit the title. :thumbsup2

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I have been trying to figure that out for a LONG time!!!

mom2mek
06-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I've been following along, but haven't posted, but I loved your last trip report and I'm glad I'm in on the beginning (sort of) of this one!

I think you picked a great resort! I have heard wonderful things about CBR!!

Congrats! (And very nice Father's Day montage....:thumbsup2)

Sara

my2disneyboys
06-25-2009, 10:53 AM
I've been following along, but haven't posted, but I loved your last trip report and I'm glad I'm in on the beginning (sort of) of this one!

I think you picked a great resort! I have heard wonderful things about CBR!!

Congrats! (And very nice Father's Day montage....:thumbsup2)

Sara

Hi Sara!! I am glad you heard great things about CBR!! I think the boys will love it. I can't get Owen to stop singing "Yo ho, Yo ho A Pirates Life for ME!"

I am glad you are joining in again. It's going to be a VERY LONG Pre Trip- I have year and a month to plan!!

wlwilliams9
06-25-2009, 11:20 AM
:cheer2:YAY!!!:cheer2: I think the boys will love the pirate room! pirate: How fun! We stayed at CBR about 8 years ago and we really liked it. The grounds are beautiful, it's like to Poly, but half the price!!! You guys will really enjoy it!! The new pool looks awesome!! I'm so excited for you! Let the planning details begin!!:woohoo::woohoo:

longing2Batdisney
06-25-2009, 02:10 PM
:thumbsup2GREAT CHOICE!!! Nicki and Wayne,
Danny & I are looking at the CBR and CSR!

Your boys are going to LOVE THE pirate room and the pool area.pirate:

That's what I like!!!
I also like how CSR has queen beds in their dbl rooms; if I can't book a king Danny has to have a queen dbl's just do not work (he's too tall for both of us & we're just too fat, we both would have to lose 40# {which would be nice if I had the willpower:rotfl:}

So, when did ya'll decide to go (dates)???

Loved your Father's Day montage; you and your boys are very lucky indeed to have a dad (&hubby) like Wayne. Danny is better with Ashton but was waaaayy too young for the older two.

Sounds like a great movie adventure coming up!! too hot here for cookouts

Can't wait to follow your planning of ADR's and I like the idea of the rental car; so, this means ya'll decided to fly again. Good choice I think we are going to go that route next year also. If the older kids don't want to fly they can meet us there (I guess).:flower3:

P.S. How are ya'll making out w/the flu this week?? Hope all is better:cutie:

kaysmommie
06-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Not sure if I posted before but I read your last TR too. Also I voted for CR but I think you will love CBR. We stayed there in October but before the Pirate rooms were done. Your boys will love it. I'm usually more of a deluxe girl but CBR was nice, if only it were on the monorail. Last trip we rented DVC points for SSR but my kids actually liked CBR better :goodvibes. If they can't have Poly then CBR is the second choice. Anyway so glad Owen is feeling better. I love the Disney A-Z idea, might try that with my kids. Your Father's Day post is very nice too.

chicagoshannon
06-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Congrats on booking! You guys are going to have so much fun there!

my2disneyboys
06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
:cheer2:YAY!!!:cheer2: I think the boys will love the pirate room! pirate: How fun! We stayed at CBR about 8 years ago and we really liked it. The grounds are beautiful, it's like to Poly, but half the price!!! You guys will really enjoy it!! The new pool looks awesome!! I'm so excited for you! Let the planning details begin!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you!! I am so excited about it. We LOVE spending our afternoons by the pool, and it does look pretty amazing. Now onto food!!! I am already making lists of all our MUST DO's!! So excited. :banana:

:thumbsup2GREAT CHOICE!!! Nicki and Wayne,
Danny & I are looking at the CBR and CSR!

Your boys are going to LOVE THE pirate room and the pool area.pirate:

I know- I cant wait for them to see it. I hope Myles will do that Pirate Cruise they have for the kids. Owen is too little so he may want to wait until Owen is old enough to enjoy it too!

That's what I like!!!
I also like how CSR has queen beds in their dbl rooms; if I can't book a king Danny has to have a queen dbl's just do not work (he's too tall for both of us & we're just too fat, we both would have to lose 40# {which would be nice if I had the willpower:rotfl:}
:rotfl: You are both just beautiful!!

So, when did ya'll decide to go (dates)???

As of now- last week in August. (HOT and RAIN- I know!) I would REALLY like free dining... (we will upgrade to deluxe) and not having to take Myles out of school is another reason why. BUT if 4/3 is released again... then maybe that would change.... I would LOVE to go in February for Myles bday... if 4/3 was released I would change it to then... and I also want MNSSHP so the last week in September still calls my name. So I guess I have it now for August but it could really change.

Loved your Father's Day montage; you and your boys are very lucky indeed to have a dad (&hubby) like Wayne. Danny is better with Ashton but was waaaayy too young for the older two.

Thanks- he is a keeper! Sounds like Danny is too.... Hey- they just need a little training right!? :rotfl:

Sounds like a great movie adventure coming up!! too hot here for cookouts

Can't wait to follow your planning of ADR's and I like the idea of the rental car; so, this means ya'll decided to fly again. Good choice I think we are going to go that route next year also. If the older kids don't want to fly they can meet us there (I guess).:flower3:

P.S. How are ya'll making out w/the flu this week?? Hope all is better:cutie:

Thank you- we are FINALLY in the CLEAR! WOW- this has been a HORRIBLE two weeks. I think I am probably going to loose my job over it- or they will make it so that I will leave on my own.... they Stink!!!!

Not sure if I posted before but I read your last TR too. Also I voted for CR but I think you will love CBR. We stayed there in October but before the Pirate rooms were done. Your boys will love it. I'm usually more of a deluxe girl but CBR was nice, if only it were on the monorail. Last trip we rented DVC points for SSR but my kids actually liked CBR better :goodvibes. If they can't have Poly then CBR is the second choice. Anyway so glad Owen is feeling better. I love the Disney A-Z idea, might try that with my kids. Your Father's Day post is very nice too.

Hi!!! Thank you for joining in again!! We REALLY want CR... but the extra $1,000 kills me... I keep thinking what I can do with it... (like all the stuff we can buy at Disney, upgrading to Deluxe, getting the rental) I think when the kids are older, when I can actually LAY OUT at the pool, or enjoy my hotel, (lol :rotfl:) I would like to stay deluxe!
This week is letter C! We watched Cinderella this week, and for Disney Night tomorrow we will watch Camp Rock. Its fun and it gets the boys to learn a little. Myles had a REALLY hard time with his C's. Its weird doing this exercise... I thought he knew all his letters, but when I am sitting down with him, I see he still needs to practice them!!

Thanks- the boys are finally better!!:banana:

Congrats on booking! You guys are going to have so much fun there!

Shannon! Hi Stranger... where you been!? I was just telling Wayne I hadnt heard from you in a bit!! Congrats on the weight loss.. I need to go on Saturday... I think I gained 10 the last two weeks, sitting in the house in lock down! I realized working keeps me from eating all day. Being at home and dieting is really tough...

3princesses+aprince
06-26-2009, 01:17 PM
OH WOW, your boys are going to be in Heaven in that Pirate room, and the pool looks amazing, as well as the playground!!!! Great Choice!!! Have you shown the boys those pictures yet?

And I think I will start my pre trippie up soon this way we can all "hang out" again and I can let you in on my wedding plans. My friend and I are going up to the place where we're having it this week to put down the deposit and take lots of pics, so I can post them!!!! I will, you encouraged me to do it, i'll start up soon. Maybe this week, it will be a long wait, but it'll be fun.

my2disneyboys
06-26-2009, 01:19 PM
OH WOW, your boys are going to be in Heaven in that Pirate room, and the pool looks amazing, as well as the playground!!!! Great Choice!!! Have you shown the boys those pictures yet?

Yes- They both are so excited.

And I think I will start my pre trippie up soon this way we can all "hang out" again and I can let you in on my wedding plans. My friend and I are going up to the place where we're having it this week to put down the deposit and take lots of pics, so I can post them!!!! I will, you encouraged me to do it, i'll start up soon. Maybe this week, it will be a long wait, but it'll be fun.

YIPPEEEE!!!! I am so excited to follow along with all the wedding plans.

MinnieNurse
06-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Great choice!:thumbsup2

We are doing the pirate rooms in August. It is truly the highlight of the trip for DS (10), thats all he wants to talk about. From all the pics and stuff I have seen I dont think it will disappoint. What boy doesn't dream of sleeping on a pirate ship. pirate:

3princesses+aprince
06-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh, what dates did you book for? I went back and re read, not sure if I missed it.

my2disneyboys
06-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Oh, what dates did you book for? I went back and re read, not sure if I missed it.

Right now we are booked for the last week in August!

Great choice!:thumbsup2

We are doing the pirate rooms in August. It is truly the highlight of the trip for DS (10), thats all he wants to talk about. From all the pics and stuff I have seen I dont think it will disappoint. What boy doesn't dream of sleeping on a pirate ship. pirate:

ooh I am so excited to hear all about your trip- as we will be going in August next year and also staying at CBR! You will have to give me all your tips!!

I have a feeling the room is going to make the trip even more magical for the boys!! As you said, sleeping on a pirate ship is going to be pretty cool!! and that pool looks so nice!!

longing2Batdisney
06-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Sorry to hear about the job. If they can't work with you for something like what just passed; you don't need them:confused:. I know that is hard with things the way they are at this time; but, I bet you could find a job where you can be in a happy environment.

We are thinking the last week of Sept 2010. I wanted to do Mardi Gras (Feb 15) but President week is the same week --CROWDED:eek:
That is part of the agreement w/Danny I have to choose a time less crowded and cooler than our May trip. The other week we are considering is the first week of Dec. It will really depend on if they offer free dining again (and we too plan to upgrade--we are going to try and do the food thing this time:upsidedow). I will probably start a PTR when I have a better feel for what we are going to do--Aug when the prices for next year come out.:idea:

crocko
06-26-2009, 05:24 PM
yay for CBR!!

I love that resort.....Can't believe I haven't been there in 8 years! :scared1:

You'll have a blast!

my2disneyboys
06-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Sorry to hear about the job. If they can't work with you for something like what just passed; you don't need them:confused:. I know that is hard with things the way they are at this time; but, I bet you could find a job where you can be in a happy environment.

We are thinking the last week of Sept 2010. I wanted to do Mardi Gras (Feb 15) but President week is the same week --CROWDED:eek:
That is part of the agreement w/Danny I have to choose a time less crowded and cooler than our May trip. The other week we are considering is the first week of Dec. It will really depend on if they offer free dining again (and we too plan to upgrade--we are going to try and do the food thing this time:upsidedow). I will probably start a PTR when I have a better feel for what we are going to do--Aug when the prices for next year come out.:idea:

Thank you!! I know- I have started looking.. its tough because my schedule is GREAT and the money is great.... that will be hard to find again. Well, I look forward to your pre trip- make sure to send me a PM with the title so I can follow along!!

yay for CBR!!

I love that resort.....Can't believe I haven't been there in 8 years! :scared1:

You'll have a blast!

Great!! I am so excited that everyone likes the idea and has nice things to say about it.

my2disneyboys
06-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Tonight for the letter "C", we watched Camp Rock!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/june09169.jpg

For Dinner we had a cookout- and had Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, Beans - It was yummy.

For Dessert we made Smores and popped some Jiffy Popcorn to have while we watched the movie.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/june09177.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/june09130.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/june09175.jpg

For the activity Daddy made a tent and we put the kids sleeping bags in the livingroom to watch the movie. We all had to be a character in the movie, and when that character would sing, we would have to get up and sing/dance that part!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/june09172.jpg

We had lot's of fun!! (I was Mitchie)

wlwilliams9
06-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey Nickie!! How's it going? Have you escaped from the quarantine yet? The Camp Rock camp out looked like tons of fun! Owen looks so much older with his hair cut! What a cutie!

I've been super busy this week helping my SIL get ready for my niece's HS grad party which was yesterday and now I have to get ready for Emily's party next weekend. Did my SIL ask me if I needed her help for Emily's party....uh, BIG FAT NO!!!:rolleyes: Oh well, i can probably get more done without her anyway!

I need to get over to my TR and update, update update!!!:rotfl:

3princesses+aprince
06-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Hey, looks like a great Camp Rock Night!!! So, you're going in August, huh, that's cool, we'll both have a nice long, fun wait together!!!!!:cool1:

longing2Batdisney
06-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Looks & sounds like a musical night...;) love the tent...brings back memories to when Gwendolyn and Dayne were little:cloud9:

can't wait for the next movie/menu of the week:flower3:

my2disneyboys
07-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Hey, looks like a great Camp Rock Night!!! So, you're going in August, huh, that's cool, we'll both have a nice long, fun wait together!!!!!:cool1:

We have August booked.... but I really want Sept/October to do MNSSHP! So we will see if it changes!!

Looks & sounds like a musical night...;) love the tent...brings back memories to when Gwendolyn and Dayne were little:cloud9:

can't wait for the next movie/menu of the week:flower3:

Thanks!! It's coming right up...

my2disneyboys
07-04-2009, 07:47 AM
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/july4th2009007.jpg

Happy 4th of July!!! Last night we watched MIRACLE!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/july4th2009011.jpg

For dinner we had an ALL AMERICAN BBQ -

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/july4th2009009.jpg

For Dessert we had 4th of July Doughnuts.... YUM! (Hidden Mickey Alert!)

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/july4th2009001.jpg

Activity - A little story about the activity....We had planned to go down to the beach and watch the fireworks, but the weather has been HORRIBLE here. It has rained for the last month... I swear its dark and depressing... YUCK! Yesterday the sun was actually out a little but the weather called for thunder storms, so we decided to skip the beach and we went out on a search for some Sparklers... (Fireworks are illegal in MA so we didnt evn know if we could find Sparklers!)

We stopped at a little store around the corner from the house and Wayne got out to go check, well this man across the street had sparklers and Wayne asked, "oh, where did you get those!?", well next thing I know Wayne is coming back to the car with a whole handful of Sparklers, Bottle Rockets, snap things, firecrackers! The nice guy just gave him a bunch of stuff and wouldnt even take any money.... So nice!!

Back to the activity.... so you guessed it... for activity we let off some fireworks and the boys got to do some Sparklers! They loved it!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/july4th2009012.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/july4th2009014.jpg

Movie:
We watched Miracle- for those of you who do not know this movie, it is about the USA Olympic Hockey Team... it was REALLY good. The boys were yelling, "go USA!!!" and it was a great choice for the 4th of July!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/july4th2009006.jpg

We had a great night! Today is the actual 4th... we have a fun day planned. The city holds fun days at all the parks, and the one near our house is having Pony Rides, sack races, face painting, Tug of war, talent show... it should be so cute.... Then we have a cookout and later we may go to the lake and watch the fireworks.... The sun is out and I think its going to be a great day!

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!!!! I hope you all have a great day.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/july4th2009003.jpg

longing2Batdisney
07-04-2009, 10:31 AM
"miracle" forgot about that one...Danny & Dayne used to love that movie
I love the picture of Owen with the sparkler "priceless":wizard:
great movie night as usual!!!:thumbsup2

3princesses+aprince
07-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Hey, great 4th of July/Mickey night. Looks like a blast. We lit sparklers and let off some fireworks too last night. I love the 4th of July!!!!

Oooo, I hope you guys switch to the end of September/ beg. of October, that's when we're going!!!!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!:wizard:

longing2Batdisney
07-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Oooo, I hope you guys switch to the end of September/ beg. of October, that's when we're going!!!!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!:wizard:

I'll second that!!! That is probably when we are going also!!!

3princesses+aprince
07-06-2009, 03:45 PM
I'll second that!!! That is probably when we are going also!!!

All right, we'll have to plan a meet if we're all going to be there at the same time :cool1:

Nuwanda9
07-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Coming out of Lurkdom to say that I am enjoying your report! Your boys are so cute and I love the movie night ideas you have! Miracle is one of my favorites probably because I remember that Olympics and had a chance to meet the team (except for Herb Brooks). You probably live in the same neck of the woods as some of the players. I am so glad your boys enjoyed it! :thumbsup2

that's nice
07-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Subbing.....
Didn't realize you were going again!!!!!!!:yay:

I'll read it all later when I have time!!!!!!!

Tim

MaryAz
07-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Congrats on choosing a resort. We stayed in a Pirate Room at CBR in May-girls loved it. The theming was really fun. We also enjoyed the pool-only used it a little due to the rain and the food court was not bad. You guys will have fun!

leamom2princesses
07-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Great Disney night. I don't think I've ever seen Miracle. We'll have to check that out. The boys look like they had an excellent time with the fireworks. How nice of that man to give you the fireworks!

longing2Batdisney
07-12-2009, 12:54 PM
you have to check out this thread...
ALL of you will LOVE it...:laughing:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2227119

my2disneyboys
07-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey everyone!!! I hope everyone is enjoying their summers. The sun has finally decided to show her pretty face here in New England after a rainy month of June!! (well not today- it's actually raining again today!) We have been having lot's of fun, going to the beach and cookouts. Sorry I havent replied in so long. I will be better.... especially because we just MOVED OUR TRIP UP TO FEB 2010!!!! Only 7 months away!

I will update later this week with pics from our Disney Night on Saturday. We had "Christmas in July" - We watched "The Santa Claus"- part 3.... it was so much fun!!!

Hope to hear from you all soon!!!!!!!!

Lady Lallie
07-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey everyone!!! I hope everyone is enjoying their summers. The sun has finally decided to show her pretty face here in New England after a rainy month of June!! (well not today- it's actually raining again today!) We have been having lot's of fun, going to the beach and cookouts. Sorry I havent replied in so long. I will be better.... especially because we just MOVED OUR TRIP UP TO FEB 2010!!!! Only 7 months away!

I will update later this week with pics from our Disney Night on Saturday. We had "Christmas in July" - We watched "The Santa Claus"- part 3.... it was so much fun!!!

Hope to hear from you all soon!!!!!!!!

That is so exciting that you moved up your trip!! Yayayayaya!!! :woohoo:

chicagoshannon
07-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Which week are you going? Madeline and I will be going back with my parents in February also! Maybe we'll be there the same week!

MaryAz
07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Whoo Hoooo for the move up! We need details, when ya going, where ya staying whatcha eatin etc etc etc

longing2Batdisney
07-22-2009, 12:12 AM
OH boy! 7 months!!! FEB that is when I wanted to go back; but it is out due to Dayne cannot seem to make up school work and we cannot take a chance on his Sr. year :laughing: was going to go for Mardi Gras but it is the same week as President's day/week --heard the crowds were horrible when both fall the same week

Cannot wait to hear the news!!! and follow along! we still have not decided weather it will be Sep or Dec---seems sooooo far away

:yay: SEVEN MONTHS TO DISNEY MAGIC pixiedust:

mom2mek
07-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Yay for moving up your trip! We had actually talked about going back down in February! Nothing is planned, but we have been talking....fingers crossed!

Love your 4th of July pics, by the way! Looks like a fun weekend!

Can't wait to hear more about your Feb. plans! :cool1:

Sara

my2disneyboys
07-22-2009, 11:18 AM
That is so exciting that you moved up your trip!! Yayayayaya!!! :woohoo:

:banana: THANKS!! I am so excited!!

Which week are you going? Madeline and I will be going back with my parents in February also! Maybe we'll be there the same week!

That would be so funny!! We are going January 30th-February 3rd!

Whoo Hoooo for the move up! We need details, when ya going, where ya staying whatcha eatin etc etc etc

Ok!! I am going to post my update in a minute with the new details!!! So excited :banana:

OH boy! 7 months!!! FEB that is when I wanted to go back; but it is out due to Dayne cannot seem to make up school work and we cannot take a chance on his Sr. year :laughing: was going to go for Mardi Gras but it is the same week as President's day/week --heard the crowds were horrible when both fall the same week

Cannot wait to hear the news!!! and follow along! we still have not decided weather it will be Sep or Dec---seems sooooo far away

:yay: SEVEN MONTHS TO DISNEY MAGIC pixiedust:

Thank you!!! Oh too bad- that would have been cool if we were both there in Feb!

Yay for moving up your trip! We had actually talked about going back down in February! Nothing is planned, but we have been talking....fingers crossed!

Love your 4th of July pics, by the way! Looks like a fun weekend!

Can't wait to hear more about your Feb. plans! :cool1:

Sara

Thank you- it is so exciting... i am getting scared though... once the holidays are over, it will be here. Final Payment is actually due Dec 15th - yikes!:scared1:

longing2Batdisney
07-22-2009, 11:22 AM
:woohoo:GREAT TIME TO BE THERE!!!! :thumbsup2

if Dayne really goes there for Sr. trip; I might have to talk Danny into a sooner rather than later trip : Gwendolyn & Joe can figure something out:rotfl:

(hopeful wishing--have to take care of medical bills the rest of this year--Ashton's surgery was triple what we thought we would end up with--Thank goodness for decent insurance! if this is decent hate to see poor coverage).

my2disneyboys
07-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Ok, so as you have read we have moved our trip up to February 2010! We want to get on a schedule of Disney in February, and a week on the Cape during the summer... also to go someplace nice and warm to break up the awful New England winter!!!

*** One weird thing... when I called Disney yesterday to make these changes, the CM said, I don't know why they booked a room only for you if you will be going to a package? And he rebooked my trip, refunded my deposit of the one night only (which was crazy high) and charged me just the $200.00 deposit for the package. He told me to call back in August to apply the 2010 rates, and also if any promo comes out they will modify the reservation. Isn't it so weird how you always get different answers!! I was always told until the 2010 rates come out, I would only be able to book a room only (and pay the highest rate for the one night deposit)

Anywho....

The plans:
January 30th- February 6th (Saturday to Saturday)

We booked our flights- Jet Blue, Non-Stop BOS to MCO- all 4 tickets for $750.00!!!!!! I was so excited about that!! We arrive in Orlando at 11:00AM.

We will be using Magical Express for the first time...because we are staying at THE CONTEMPORARY RESORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will do the deluxe dining again- I don't think after having it, we could live w/o it... to us it was so nice to order anything we wanted and not have to worry about the cost!

:yay::woohoo: SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED !!!!!!!!! :yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo:

We can book our dining November 1st - here is what we are thinking:
Chef Mickey- Dinner (repeat)
Crystal Palace- Breakfast (repeat)
Tonys-Lunch (repeat)
Tepan Edo- Dinner (new)
Wave-Breakfast (new)
LTT-Lunch (repeat)
Ohana-Dinner (repeat)
Kona-Breakfast (repeat)
Crystal Palace-Lunch (new)
Citrico-Dinner (new)
Ohana-Breakfast (repeat)
PlaynDine-Lunch (new)
Biergarten-Lunch (new)
Tutto Italia-Dinner (new)
Hoop de Doo- Dinner (new)
California Grill-Dinner (new)
Yak-Yeti - Lunch (repeat)
Tusker House- Breakfast (repeat)

So- what do you think!!??

Nuwanda9
07-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Ok, so as you have read we have moved our trip up to February 2010! We want to get on a schedule of Disney in February, and a week on the Cape during the summer... also to go someplace nice and warm to break up the awful New England winter!!!

*** One weird thing... when I called Disney yesterday to make these changes, the CM said, I don't know why they booked a room only for you if you will be going to a package? And he rebooked my trip, refunded my deposit of the one night only (which was crazy high) and charged me just the $200.00 deposit for the package. He told me to call back in August to apply the 2010 rates, and also if any promo comes out they will modify the reservation. Isn't it so weird how you always get different answers!! I was always told until the 2010 rates come out, I would only be able to book a room only (and pay the highest rate for the one night deposit)

It is weird how you can get so many different answers. I booked a room in March for the end of December into January. I was given a quote for the entire stay and never was told I had to wait for 2010 prices. And every time I call they ask if I want to make my ressie into a package. Maybe that's because my trip is 2009 and 2010 and not just 2010? That is what I am thinking. Your plans sound GREAT!!

Lady Lallie
07-22-2009, 12:21 PM
The plan sounds great! I'm jealous on your airfare, for my trip in September I'm looking at over $300 just for me! It's nuts!!

longing2Batdisney
07-22-2009, 12:21 PM
:dancer:great line up so far! ya'll are going to love the hoop de doo!!!

awesome price on the airfare!!! I love how each time you speak w/someone it is different; I experienced the same thing last year...makes you wonder if they are all on the same page ???

like to idea of spreading the vacations out throughout the year...

:yay: still sooooo excited for ya'll

3princesses+aprince
07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Wow, hooray for the move up. I thought about moving mine up to May 2010, but we really want to go in September, plus the wedding is in June. I'm just being impatient :headache: I'm going to have to wait. I think a Disney Trip right before our wedding isn't such a smart idea. A few months after sounds much better. So i'll wait patiently.

And wow you already booked your airfare, great job!! and that sounds like a great deal on the tickets too.

leamom2princesses
07-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Fantastic news Nickie! I love your new plan. Can't wait to hear all about staying at the Contemporary. We are for sure going back May 22-29,2010 and considering a long weekend in December just to see the lights. That would be a budget trip though-nothing fancy.

Well back to work! Hope you're having a great summer!

chicagoshannon
07-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Ooh the Contemporary! I'm jealous. We dont' know our dates in Feb. yet but I think my mom want's to go more towards the end of the month. We'll see. Those are great plane ticket prices!

wlwilliams9
07-23-2009, 02:56 PM
OK, I've been MIA from the boards lately, but WOW!! What a great change! You guys are going to have a blast in Feb especially at the Contemporary! Mike and I went down once in Feb and the weather was perfect. It was warm, but not hot and you're right, it was a great break from the cold winter up here!

Your food choices look good too! I can't wait to hear more about your plans!

longing2Batdisney
07-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Wishing that adorable little boy of yours a

very very happy Birthday!!!!:wizard:
pixiedust: have a blessed day!!!

party::flower3:party:

MaryAz
07-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Wow, how exciting!! SOunds so fun. You will have to take TONS of pics!!

disney<333
08-06-2009, 12:47 PM
congrats on your move up a banana 4 u:banana::banana: make that 2:rolleyes1. Your boys are adorable and your really creative with disney night. I wish I could come up with something for our most likely october trip. My girls are 11 and 13 so let me know if you come up with anything. I was thinking of tye-die mickey shirts but I want a couple of things.

DisneyTiger
08-12-2009, 02:21 PM
What a bad DIS friend I have been. I didn't even know you had a PTR going:rolleyes1 I am all caught up now. I hope the boys are feeling better. How scary with the flu!!! And, The Contemporary?? Well you just go on with your bad self!!!! Can't wait to read more.

You are such a good planner. I have our trip booked for March and haven't even begun thinking about anything yet!!! You inspire me:thumbsup2

my2disneyboys
08-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Wishing that adorable little boy of yours a

very very happy Birthday!!!!:wizard:
pixiedust: have a blessed day!!!

party::flower3:party:

Thanks Connie!!!! I think you saw the pics on my FB- but the party was really cute. We took him to Story Land for the weekend and I discovered Disney has turned me into a THEME PARK SNOB!

OK, I've been MIA from the boards lately, but WOW!! What a great change! You guys are going to have a blast in Feb especially at the Contemporary! Mike and I went down once in Feb and the weather was perfect. It was warm, but not hot and you're right, it was a great break from the cold winter up here!

Your food choices look good too! I can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Hi Wendy!!! How are you feeling? How far along are you? It must be flying by for you.... hope all is well. Are you still planning Disney for October?

Ooh the Contemporary! I'm jealous. We dont' know our dates in Feb. yet but I think my mom want's to go more towards the end of the month. We'll see. Those are great plane ticket prices!

Hey Shannon!
I just posted on your TR- Great Dining choices and I love that you are going to Chef Mickey on your first night. So Fun!! Madeline will LOVE trick or treating down Main St!

Fantastic news Nickie! I love your new plan. Can't wait to hear all about staying at the Contemporary. We are for sure going back May 22-29,2010 and considering a long weekend in December just to see the lights. That would be a budget trip though-nothing fancy.

Well back to work! Hope you're having a great summer!

Hey Leanne,
Are the girls getting ready for school? I was lurking around your TR and I am sorry you have had some bad news lately. I hope things turn around. Did I hear that you got a new puppy!?

Wow, hooray for the move up. I thought about moving mine up to May 2010, but we really want to go in September, plus the wedding is in June. I'm just being impatient :headache: I'm going to have to wait. I think a Disney Trip right before our wedding isn't such a smart idea. A few months after sounds much better. So i'll wait patiently.

And wow you already booked your airfare, great job!! and that sounds like a great deal on the tickets too.

Hi Pam!
How are the wedding plans going? Yes I would say honeymoon AFTER the wedding is a good idea :rotfl2:

:dancer:great line up so far! ya'll are going to love the hoop de doo!!!

awesome price on the airfare!!! I love how each time you speak w/someone it is different; I experienced the same thing last year...makes you wonder if they are all on the same page ???

like to idea of spreading the vacations out throughout the year...

:yay: still sooooo excited for ya'll

Thanks Connie! - so true....

The plan sounds great! I'm jealous on your airfare, for my trip in September I'm looking at over $300 just for me! It's nuts!!

Hey LL-
This New England weather is getting very depressing huh? We have had the worst summer ever. Again today with the rain - BLAH... Keep looking on the airfare... they seem to have lots of specials right now.

It is weird how you can get so many different answers. I booked a room in March for the end of December into January. I was given a quote for the entire stay and never was told I had to wait for 2010 prices. And every time I call they ask if I want to make my ressie into a package. Maybe that's because my trip is 2009 and 2010 and not just 2010? That is what I am thinking. Your plans sound GREAT!!

Welcome!! :banana::woohoo: i am going to try to be better about updating this... we have had probably 3 or 4 Disney nights that i havent even posted.

Wow, how exciting!! SOunds so fun. You will have to take TONS of pics!!

Hi Mary!!
Oh Yeah- I will take millions :-) How have you been!?

congrats on your move up a banana 4 u:banana::banana: make that 2:rolleyes1. Your boys are adorable and your really creative with disney night. I wish I could come up with something for our most likely october trip. My girls are 11 and 13 so let me know if you come up with anything. I was thinking of tye-die mickey shirts but I want a couple of things.

Hi and WELCOME!!!! :woohoo::yay: Like I said before I will be better at updating- only 5 months to go. We have had a few Disney Nights that I need to post pics on- we are behind!!!!

What a bad DIS friend I have been. I didn't even know you had a PTR going:rolleyes1 I am all caught up now. I hope the boys are feeling better. How scary with the flu!!! And, The Contemporary?? Well you just go on with your bad self!!!! Can't wait to read more.

You are such a good planner. I have our trip booked for March and haven't even begun thinking about anything yet!!! You inspire me:thumbsup2

Hey Talissa- my first DIS Friend!!! I am so glad to see you on here again!!!! You crack me up :rotfl2: I will go with my bad self.... all the way to the CR!! We are SOOOOOO Excited:yay: you will have to see my spreadsheet- its crazy! Let me tell you - I LOVE the deluxe dining plan and being able to plan all these great places to eat. I want to hear more about your march trip- or maybe you should move it up and go in February!!!!

jen22984
08-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Subscribing! In the process of planning & getting ready for our 1st family trip to Disney! (Technically, my 2nd but I was only 2 last time I went)

longing2Batdisney
08-12-2009, 04:43 PM
WELCOME BACK!!!
I was thinking about you and your upcoming trip when I seen that WDW is opening ressies and hours to 180 days again. But, it doesn't start until October. So, in you will be able to start your ADR's :yay: and you'll also be able to see the hours in the parks; dbl:yay: :yay:
looking forward to following along; we are planning for later in the year. Like you we are planning two trips a week in June At Ft. Walton Beach, FL (I have to pay for that trip before WDW--by orders of Danny, and the two older kids:laughing: )so we are down to the last week of Sept., week before Thanksgiving, or the second week of Dec. I'm leaning toward the week before Thanksgiving.

Have a great day!!!
:wave:

my2disneyboys
08-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Subscribing! In the process of planning & getting ready for our 1st family trip to Disney! (Technically, my 2nd but I was only 2 last time I went)

Welcome!!! :woohoo::yay: First trip... that is amazing... you will be hooked soon like the rest of us I am sure!!!

WELCOME BACK!!!
I was thinking about you and your upcoming trip when I seen that WDW is opening ressies and hours to 180 days again. But, it doesn't start until October. So, in you will be able to start your ADR's :yay: and you'll also be able to see the hours in the parks; dbl:yay: :yay:
looking forward to following along; we are planning for later in the year. Like you we are planning two trips a week in June At Ft. Walton Beach, FL (I have to pay for that trip before WDW--by orders of Danny, and the two older kids:laughing: )so we are down to the last week of Sept., week before Thanksgiving, or the second week of Dec. I'm leaning toward the week before Thanksgiving.

Have a great day!!!

Hey!! I know about the 180 days.... I am mad though because now when I book on October 27th- I will be trying to get thru to dining with EVERYONE else in the world!!!!!
Hey- It's better than 5 years right?!!

that's nice
08-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Welcome back!!!!!

I hope you are having a great summer.

I booked Raglan Rd. for our upcoming trip.. thanks to your TR.:yay:

longing2Batdisney
08-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Hey- It's better than 5 years right?!!

Nikki! you know when we were talking dates earlier in the week he says why don't we wait until 2011 or 2012!:headache:
NO! we are going 2010!!:thumbsup2
so, I agreed I would book a room only in October; and in December book his WEEK in June at Ft. Walton Beach--I may surprise him and book a long weekend in Aug when I do it for his 45th b-day also.

So, we def. get two weeks next year!!! but, I know we won't go back after this until 2015 or later after this:sad2:
but, that's not all bad I'll just start the planning for other places we need to cover before we get too old:rotfl:

Can't wait to hear how the ADR's go and planning along with you along the way...it is always so fun to plan Disney magic pixiedust:

we are considering the DDP this go round also;) this will be a first for us...so many places ya'll all made sound so good:rolleyes:

Have a great evening with the boys and don't miss you know who too bad...:upsidedow

leamom2princesses
08-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi again! There has been a lot of bad news but I'm not getting down about it anymore...I refuse. I was really bummed in June and part of July but I'm over it and moving on. We did get another puppy and I still haven't posted about her. Her name is Nellie. I promise to try to post some pics and details.

Hope you're having a great summer!

Don't be a lurker. :goodvibes

Leanne

my2disneyboys
08-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi again! There has been a lot of bad news but I'm not getting down about it anymore...I refuse. I was really bummed in June and part of July but I'm over it and moving on. We did get another puppy and I still haven't posted about her. Her name is Nellie. I promise to try to post some pics and details.

Hope you're having a great summer!

Don't be a lurker. :goodvibes

Leanne

I am glad your not letting it get you down. I can't wait to see pics of Nellie!!

Nikki! you know when we were talking dates earlier in the week he says why don't we wait until 2011 or 2012!:headache:
NO! we are going 2010!!:thumbsup2
so, I agreed I would book a room only in October; and in December book his WEEK in June at Ft. Walton Beach--I may surprise him and book a long weekend in Aug when I do it for his 45th b-day also.

So, we def. get two weeks next year!!! but, I know we won't go back after this until 2015 or later after this:sad2:
but, that's not all bad I'll just start the planning for other places we need to cover before we get too old:rotfl:

Can't wait to hear how the ADR's go and planning along with you along the way...it is always so fun to plan Disney magic pixiedust:

we are considering the DDP this go round also;) this will be a first for us...so many places ya'll all made sound so good:rolleyes:

Have a great evening with the boys and don't miss you know who too bad...:upsidedow

Thanks! Me and the boys had a good night. I put the alarm on- boarded up the whole house... i am such a chicken! He is finally back tonight though. So- you say you wont be back until after 2015 after these next two trips but I bet you will find a way!!!! Look you thought after the last trip it would be 5 years and now your looking at 2 trips in 2010!!!!:thumbsup2

Welcome back!!!!!

I hope you are having a great summer.

I booked Raglan Rd. for our upcoming trip.. thanks to your TR.:yay:

Hey!! We are having a good summer- hard to believe it's almost over. Make sure you get the bread pudding for dessert there- OMG it was SO good:-) :woohoo:

The3rdDisneyBoy
08-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey!! We are having a good summer- hard to believe it's almost over. Make sure you get the bread pudding for dessert there- OMG it was SO good:-) :woohoo:

The mussels were really good too...and the crabmeat salad....

And the beer of course. The beer was good. I enjoyed the beer. Did I mention beer.

BTW - get the beer.

my2disneyboys
08-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Wow- Am I behind with our Disney Nights!!!! We still have them every weekend but it's hard to find time to upload the pics and get them on here. I will try to do better:-)

Our favorite night so far was "Christmas in July" We watched the Santa Claus movie. We decorated the whole house for xmas- we listened to xmas songs during our xmas dinner, and we had bought small gifts for everyone at the dollar store and we opened up gifts after dinner during our dessert... apple pie! What a FUN night this was!!!!!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/July2009063.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/July2009057.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/July2009059.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/July2009066.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/July2009067.jpg

A few weeks back we had Disney World Night. We set up areas all over the house for each theme park. We had food that reminded us of our trip and we watched the Disney Planning DVD. I didnt take too many pictures of this night, but we had Mickeyroni (that we bought in Disney) and Mickey Pizza and for dessert we had Rice Krispy Treat Mickey's dipped in Chocolate... Geesh- Why I can't loose weight I just don't know!! :confused3

Epcot

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Aug2009058.jpg

DHS
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Aug2009059.jpg

Ak
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Aug2009061.jpg

MK
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Aug2009060.jpg

A couple weeks ago we had High School Musical Night... We watched the movie and had cafteria food - Juice Boxes, Hot Dogs, Tater Tots and snack packs (pudding) and it was YUMMY!!!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/July2009078.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/July2009077.jpg

Tonight we had Wizards of Waverly Place Night..(It was the Vampire show) We decorated for halloween with orange lights and some deocrations.... and had subs and chocolate cake (as they had in the show) and for activity Myles the Magician put on a magic show for us... he made Owen's binky go away and Owen didnt like that too much. :rotfl2:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Aug2009071.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Aug2009065.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Aug2009066.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Aug2009064.jpg

Ok-for now I think I am all caught up :yay:

DisneyTiger
08-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Ok, first of all, you make me sick! These movie nights are the cutest, most creative thing I've ever seen! I absolutely LOVE the Spaceship Earth. Too funny. How in the world do you manage to organize all of this AND have a fulll time job?? Do you know what it would take for me to even get a string of lights out of my attic:rotfl: I am very impressed and you have such a lucky family to have a mom as awesome as you!!!:thumbsup2

Second, we have the same dining room. Ok, well at least the same cabinets. I mean, EXACTLY the same!!! Here, I took a pic to show you...

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/becnelsu/DSC_0016.jpg

Even down to the little medallion thingy on the door...

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/becnelsu/DSC_0017.jpg

And, our dining room is the same color as your living room. WEIRD!!! Ok, sorry. Just had to point that out.

Oh, and remember, we have twin dogs too???

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa243/becnelsu/DukeandHudson009.jpg

Alright, really not trying to be a creepy DIS stalker here or anything but these things are just uncanny!

Great update. Can't wait to read more!!!!!

my2disneyboys
08-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Ok, first of all, you make me sick! These movie nights are the cutest, most creative thing I've ever seen! I absolutely LOVE the Spaceship Earth. Too funny. How in the world do you manage to organize all of this AND have a fulll time job?? Do you know what it would take for me to even get a string of lights out of my attic:rotfl: I am very impressed and you have such a lucky family to have a mom as awesome as you!!!:thumbsup2

Great update. Can't wait to read more!!!!!

Thank you for your nice words:hug:

OMG:rotfl2: You crack me up!!!!! I have to say Wayne (my DH) is a BIG part of our Disney nights and keeping them moving.... he thought of wrapping the ball with tinfoil for spaceship earth and lot's of the creative ideas that we have had. They do take a lot of work- and I work 4 days a week so on my fridays when I am off, we try to put something together. The kids LOVE it and look forward to them and it encourages us to cook (We get take out WAY too much)

That is so funny about our matching houses and dogs! I wish we lived closer-I know you and I would be good friends!!!

longing2Batdisney
08-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Great update! the movie nights are wonderful!!! I still have not managed to put anything together. I think it is because only Ashton & I would appreciate it. but, ya'll do have great ideas...

MaryAz
08-15-2009, 10:01 PM
The Disney Nights are awesome as always. All your ADR choices are maing me hungry. So excited for you guys!

chicagoshannon
08-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Glad to see you back to posting again. :) I love your Disney World night!

you could make all of your ADR's online. That way you won't have to sit on hold forever. :)

I still have to decide with my parents when we're going in Feb. and where we're staying. We do know we will do the dining plan which I'm excited about. :)

my2disneyboys
08-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Great update! the movie nights are wonderful!!! I still have not managed to put anything together. I think it is because only Ashton & I would appreciate it. but, ya'll do have great ideas...

You and Ashton should have a "Mommy & Me Disney Night" That would be fun!!

The Disney Nights are awesome as always. All your ADR choices are maing me hungry. So excited for you guys!

Thanks!! :goodvibes I am hungry thinking about them too. I think my MOST fun planning the trips is picking where we will eat lol :rotfl2:

Glad to see you back to posting again. :) I love your Disney World night!

you could make all of your ADR's online. That way you won't have to sit on hold forever. :)

I still have to decide with my parents when we're going in Feb. and where we're staying. We do know we will do the dining plan which I'm excited about. :)

Oh Wayne and I are crazy- he already said "Do you need me to take oct 27th off? LOL :rotfl2: We are going to have both computers going and the phones! I know you said it would be later in feb- but it would be awesome if we ended up there at the same time!!!!

chicagoshannon
08-16-2009, 07:34 PM
I think we just decided to go Feb 6-12. :)

my2disneyboys
08-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I think we just decided to go Feb 6-12. :)

Oh you will arrive the day we leave!!!!!

crocko
08-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Those Disney Nights were wonderful.

Especially love the Disney World themed night....great job on the parks set-ups....very cute and funny.

and I noticed some Galactic Heroes over at DHS. Gotta love those little guys!

disney<333
08-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi Nickie,
Glad to see you didn't forget about us:rotfl2:. You inspired us for disney nights too. Last week we had Disney dinner. It was a character buffet (sorta). Then this weekend we're doing sci fi cafe. With burgers and milshakes. (diet food I know) and we're going to watch herbie fully loaded with little lights. I'll post pictures in my ptr.

longing2Batdisney
09-01-2009, 06:28 PM
missing ya'll!!!
love the boys costumes--I'm leaning towards the pirate costume for Ashton (although he is on a kick that HE IS "Bolt" he crawls around on all fours and barks at us :laughing:, maybe I need to see if I can find a Bolt costume!)-- I need to take a trip over to Gulfport and see what the disney store has...maybe next weekend!
looking forward to your updates of disney nights when you can...

my2disneyboys
09-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey Connie and Barbara.... and anyone else out there lurking!! I haven't been posting much, but I have been lurking on these boards DAILY looking for rumors for the new promotion to be announced. I can't wait!!!!! It better be something GOOD or our Contemporary Resort reservation will need to be modified! :laughing:

We have about 5 months to go until the trip. I am SO excited. I have been working on my spreadsheet and now just waiting until October 27th at 6AM when I and the rest of the world can book our dining reservations!! It is going to be crazy and I am already stressing out over it. On October 27th- they officially are moving back to the 180 days to make ADR's... well my 90 days would have been November 2nd so now I can do them a few days early BUT I need to compete now with EVERYONE else who is making them on this day. I don't know why it isnt staggered. Oh Well!! :confused:

We picked up the boys costumes from the Disney Store - Myles=Peter Pan and Owen=Captain Hook. I had the idea to bring these with us to Disney in January and on our last night of our trip I am planning a special surprise for the boys!! I am booking the Pirate cruise from the Contemporary to see wishes - there is a Peter Pan/Captain Hook special meet and greet- and I thought HOW ADORABLE for my boys to be in costume for this!!?? :lovestruc

Hope everyone is doing well!! I am going to post our plans for each day soon, so come back and check and let me know what you think!!

longing2Batdisney
09-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Hey you!!!!
I love the idea of the boys bringing their costumes! We were going to bring Ashton's "Donald Duck" & Peter Pan costume with us when we went in May and then decided not to go eat at any character breakfast. I just did not realize that kids dressed up there as much as they do. Peter Pan would hae been really cute just to wear!

Can't wait to hear your choices...
I, too, can't wait to hear the new promotions that may depend when Danny selects what week we go back! we are down to two weeks!

my2disneyboys
09-24-2009, 11:49 PM
So, I have been checking these boards like crazy this week- I here a rumor (That I have been waiting for is about to be released!!) BUY 4 ... GET 3 FREE! SO EXCITED................. Now staying at the CR is going to be almost 1,000 LESS! Which works out great because I was brought into a conference room yesterday with all my coworkers and my boss (I am her Executive Assistant) tells the room that she is leaving at the end of the year!!! I was like "OK, So I have no JOB!!!!!:headache:" I am pretty sure my position is going to be eliminated.... but on the upside.... I get severance and unemployment, and I figured out with collecting and not paying daycare.... its practically the same amount of money that is coming in from me... SO, I may try my luck out at being a STAY AT HOME MOM!!!!!:thumbsup2 I have no idea how this is going to go over... how I will be... I am used to having lots of time to myself... I am home now with them on Fri-Mon and it is HARD so I really want to try it, but I just dont know how good I will be at this. Sad, I know... these are my boys and I love them to death.... BUT I get so frustrated and tired - maybe I will learn how to be a better Mom!? Ok, so only time will tell if I even get the chance... I will keep you all posted.
AND YES .... We ARE going to disney and staying at the CR even if i am let go... my last hurrah! ;)

chicagoshannon
09-25-2009, 08:25 AM
OOH I hope the 4/3 comes out for you. I'm hoping they have a good room only discount for that time though too because we have AP's and don't need the tickets.

Staying at home is challenging but you'll get into a routine. Just sign Owen up for activities like library story time and other little things. It will keep you from going crazy. ;)

We have 3 weeks til our October trip. :)

3princesses+aprince
09-25-2009, 09:29 AM
I was so excited to see that you've updated, I was wondering where your PTR went. I started mine. WOO HOO!!! 10 months to go for us!!!! I love your Disney nights. I can't wait to start mine. I figured i'd wait until after Christmas though. With the trip being so far out, my kids will be asking be daily when we're leaving for Disney!! All of the parks you had set up there on your Disney night were adorable, I laughed. Where did you hear the 4/3 rumor. That's exciting.!!!!

longing2Batdisney
09-25-2009, 12:57 PM
OK! so I just read your post...SAHM is awesome and yes it is challenging...but, I love it; even when I feel bored and long for adult conversation (I think back to the days at work that I would be running around like I was nuts and I calm down real quick like :rotfl: ). You just need to do like shannon said and find outlets to do with the boys (and I know you will not have a problem doing that--maybe a few of Myles friend's moms have little ones the same age as Owen and ya'll can do bi-weekly playdates or weekly)!

We have given up alot by my staying home (like TR?ING to figure out if we can make WDW in FEb or if we have to wait until Nov); but we feel it is worth it in the long run...Dayne is the one who took the financial change the hardest :lmao:

Now I really wish we were closer and could introduce Owen and Ashton to one another!!! :yay:

Have a great one! Nicki
Everything will work out; no matter what the turn out and ya'll are going to
WDW in FEB!!!! what could be better than that!!!
Connie :wave2:

chicagoshannon
09-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Nickie- did you see that Crystal Palace will be closed while we're there? EEK I hope you weren't planning on that one.

disney<333
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Nickie,
Don't worry I haven't forgotten about you:).
The boys' costumes sound so cute. We need pictures.
I'm sorry to hear about your job, I got laid off in May. Since then I have had so much more time, and I like all the things I have time do with the girls now:thumbsup2
I've heard it's 4 for 3 but no one knows for sure yet.
Have you guys been having Disney nights.
Yesterday we got Toy Story Mania so I want to have a Disney night with that. Any Ideas for a dessert. The games super cute and a lot of fun, but it sure does give your hand a workout. Not that the kids mind.
I'm not sure if I told you or not but we're probably going to cancel our October trip and go november 10-16 instead. No school the 11th and Emily's bday is on the 15th.:cheer2:

longing2Batdisney
09-28-2009, 12:04 PM
:woohoo::woohoo:I know you two are doing the Disney dance, now!:woohoo::woohoo:
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I'm so happy the deal was released! I hope this is the deal you were hoping for!
About CP--it is rumored that LTT will reopen for breakfast w/characters during the refurb of CP!
Later! :wave2:
Connie

3princesses+aprince
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Did you see the deal out!!!! You must be thrilled!!!!

disney<333
10-04-2009, 01:12 PM
A little birdie flew in my ear and told me that the 4/3 deal is going on.:dance3:
Hope you, Wayne, and the boys are all doing well.

my2disneyboys
10-05-2009, 10:21 AM
QUOTE=chicagoshannon;33744722]Nickie- did you see that Crystal Palace will be closed while we're there? EEK I hope you weren't planning on that one.[/QUOTE]

Myles is so upset- actually we all are!! This is one of our most favorite things to do - to start our day before park opening at the Crystal Palace. I hope that something else opens up with Pooh and friends so we can still have that early park day at Mk!!

Hi Nickie,
Don't worry I haven't forgotten about you:).
The boys' costumes sound so cute. We need pictures.
I'm sorry to hear about your job, I got laid off in May. Since then I have had so much more time, and I like all the things I have time do with the girls now:thumbsup2
I've heard it's 4 for 3 but no one knows for sure yet.
Have you guys been having Disney nights.
Yesterday we got Toy Story Mania so I want to have a Disney night with that. Any Ideas for a dessert. The games super cute and a lot of fun, but it sure does give your hand a workout. Not that the kids mind.
I'm not sure if I told you or not but we're probably going to cancel our October trip and go november 10-16 instead. No school the 11th and Emily's bday is on the 15th.:cheer2:

Hi!
Well I havent been let go yet!! I am just waiting and waiting....
Toy Story Night- we have had that one a few times- we all love the movie so much!! For Dessert maybe "slinky dogs" AKA devil dogs?

I hear Disney in November is wonderful!! I wonder how the weather/crowds will be when we go first week in February.... I have never been at that time.

We applied the 4/3 deal and now we are staying at the Poly. I am MORE excited than ever about this.

:woohoo::woohoo:I know you two are doing the Disney dance, now!:woohoo::woohoo:
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I'm so happy the deal was released! I hope this is the deal you were hoping for!
About CP--it is rumored that LTT will reopen for breakfast w/characters during the refurb of CP!
Later! :wave2:
Connie

Connie- OH YES!!!! We are so excited about this!!!! As you know now at the Poly- and i cant stop looking at the Poly pics- this is how I spend my days just dreaming of our trip and sitting on the balcony after a magical day at Disney!!! :goodvibes

Did you see the deal out!!!! You must be thrilled!!!!

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay: I hope it will be extended for the honeymoon!! I am sure it will be- it was last year!

A little birdie flew in my ear and told me that the 4/3 deal is going on.:dance3:
Hope you, Wayne, and the boys are all doing well.

Thank you!! We are all doing great- Myles is getting used to being in Kindergarten and Owen is getting used to going to school without Myles... its been tough for Owen.

I am so EXCITED about the 4/3 and staying at the poly!- Geesh- I just noticed, I need to change my signature.:laughing:

disney<333
10-05-2009, 05:27 PM
1900 PF has Pooh, Tigger, The mad hatter, and Alice for bfast.
Also you're going to be on the monorail so it won't be hard to get to.:thumbsup2
CONGRATS ON YOUR MOVE UP TO THE POLY:banana::woohoo::dance3:popcorn:::dance3::chee r2::jumping1::rainbow::tinker::donald::dumbo::dumb o::sulley::tigger:party::dancer:

chicagoshannon
10-05-2009, 07:21 PM
So do you have your ADR's all figured out yet?

We're going to do the quick service dining but add in Liberty Tree Tavern and at least one other sit down family style/buffet place.

MaryAz
10-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Yay for the 4/3 deal! We need some serious updates over here!!

longing2Batdisney
10-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I'll second that, Mary!!! popcorn::

P.S. I'm still trying to talk Danny into going the same week ya'll go but as of now NO GO!! :sad:
but we would be at a mod; just can't bring myself to put out the $$$ for a deluxe...

I'm so excited for you guys!! :yay: can't wait to hear your plans...
YOU ARE GOING TO SHARE WITH US POOR GUYS WHO ARE GOING MUCH LATER THAN YOU!!! :sad2:
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

my2disneyboys
10-06-2009, 08:47 AM
1900 PF has Pooh, Tigger, The mad hatter, and Alice for bfast.
Also you're going to be on the monorail so it won't be hard to get to.:thumbsup2
CONGRATS ON YOUR MOVE UP TO THE POLY:banana::woohoo::dance3:popcorn:::dance3::chee r2::jumping1::rainbow::tinker::donald::dumbo::dumb o::sulley::tigger:party::dancer:

We went there last time and it wasnt on our schedule this time... but now with no CP I did add it back in. I just LOVE the CP!!!! :sad1:

So do you have your ADR's all figured out yet?

We're going to do the quick service dining but add in Liberty Tree Tavern and at least one other sit down family style/buffet place.

At LTT they have this YUMMY dessert... its called gooey toffee cake or something like that.... it is SO good- we are going back there just because of that!! Warning- not sure if you know this or not... but make sure to take Madeline to the bathroom BEFORE you go eat here. The bathroom is on the 3rd floor- its hard to get to- single stall.... no changing area.... YUCK!

Yay for the 4/3 deal! We need some serious updates over here!!

LOL OK- my updates are on there way!!!!:woohoo:

I'll second that, Mary!!! popcorn::

P.S. I'm still trying to talk Danny into going the same week ya'll go but as of now NO GO!! :sad:
but we would be at a mod; just can't bring myself to put out the $$$ for a deluxe...

I'm so excited for you guys!! :yay: can't wait to hear your plans...
YOU ARE GOING TO SHARE WITH US POOR GUYS WHO ARE GOING MUCH LATER THAN YOU!!! :sad2:
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I would be SO excited if you were there during the same time!! :yay: We would have to meet up. Ashton and Owen would get along great!! If not, you will have my trip report to get you excited for your trip- and then I will have yours after our trip to get us pumped up for our NEXT trip!!!! I think I have convinced Wayne that Disney is our annual family trip!! Although... from now on we are sticking to the Value or Mods... this is probably going to be the ONLY deluxe trip... especially if I dont have a job!!!!!!!

my2disneyboys
10-06-2009, 10:33 AM
The Plan: January 30th 2010 - Day 1

5:00Am -Up and ready for our taxi to the airport (Will Mickey call us again??)
5:30AM - Leave for airport
Depart BOS @ 7:35AM
Arrive MCO @ 10:56AM

First time using Magical Express!! I am so excited about this :woohoo:

1:00PM Arrive to the BEAUTIFUL Polynesian and check into hopefully... Fiji
(Here is the view from the room that we requested)

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/3222fiji.jpg

Grab a quick bite (Snack Credits) at Captain Cooks... hopefully it is nice out and we can sit outside...
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/captaincooks.jpg

Check out the Poly- the Pool area - unpack

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/lobby.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/pool.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/boattoMK.jpg

Around 4PM we will meet Wayne's brother Jeff and niece Shannon, who will be staying with us for the first night and coming to the Mk with us!

5:10PM - Dinner at Chef Mickeys!! - First night tradition!!!

After dinner, ride the monorail back to the Poly, grab a couple Mai Tai's from Tambu Lounge, and sit out on the beach and watch the EWP and Wishes!!

After Wishes, we will head back to the room, get the kids to bed and sit out on our balcony and toast to our first night in Disney!!!:cloud9:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/beach.jpg

Let me know what you think!!??

Up Next: January 31st 2010 - Day 2 (Magic Kingdom)

The3rdDisneyBoy
10-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Sounds awesome hun....4 months can't go by fast enough

longing2Batdisney
10-06-2009, 11:28 AM
I love your traditions! esp sitting on the balcony toasting your arrival in the land of magic!!!:mickeyjum See I already forgot about Mickey calling and I really liked that from your last trip...although we leave so early that we try not to wake him up...but, I wonder if I could set that up to call the cell phone around the time of arrival...hmmmm!

That is wonderful that Jeff and Shannon will be meeting ya'll there again this year! :yay:
the entire schedule sounds like a well planned day!

BTW: I did have him talked into going in Feb. and than put Ashton in front of his growth chart he is a teensy bit above 38"--so I was told you want to see it for Christmas right?!?:santa: if we wait he will be 40" and should be able to ride everything you ride...right?!?
boy I hate when he is right...:headache:

maybe ya'll can do the bounce back and visit for Christmas; that would be fun!!:santa::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

chicagoshannon
10-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Great first day plans!

Remind me how do you get Mickey to call? I think Madeline would love that for our Feb. trip.

lovesdumbo
10-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Congrats on booking the Poly!!!! I just LOVE the Poly! Your first day plans sound awesome!

mom2mek
10-07-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm getting all caught up and see that you have changed to the Poly! :banana::banana: Congratulations! It's so great and we really loved it on our couples trip in May. Loved it so much we are taking the whole crew back in February (arriving Feb 6th - leaving Feb 13th)! We did the 4/3 thing too!

***Make sure that if you want a balcony in Fiji, you HAVE to request 3rd floor! 2nd floor rooms in Fiji do not have balconies! ****

Can't wait to hear more of your plans! Arrival day sounds heavenly! :cloud9:

Sara

3princesses+aprince
10-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow, you're first day plans sound amazing! The view from that room is absolutely gorgeous!! It sure beats my view right now. I am looking out my window at gushing rains and trees wildly blowing around. There is so much rain being blown at the screen that I can barely see out :headache: Lovely day!

You're going to love the magical express too. We did. I hope it works out as nicely for you as it did for us. We literally walked off of our plane, walked to Magical express, we were told which line to go in, where, at the end of that line was someone escorting us right onto the bus. It was wonderful. I LOVE the video. Not on the way back though, it's just sad:sad2: Mickey is spelling out his name, ya know, like he does. M-I-C, see ya real soon, K-E-Y, why, because I like you. It put tears in my eyes to leave. But we don't focus on that.

DAY ONE SOUNDS GREAT!!!!

wlwilliams9
10-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey Nickie! Day one looks great, a nice and relaxing way to start the vacation!! I'm so excited you are staying at the Poly! :lovestruc I know it is your dream resort! I'll be thinking of you sitting on the beach watching Wishes as I'm in labor since I'm due 1/31!!! :rotfl: You'll love Magical Express, even though it's just a bus ride, I can't imagine starting my Disney vacation any other way!

The3rdDisneyBoy
10-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Great first day plans!

Remind me how do you get Mickey to call? I think Madeline would love that for our Feb. trip.

Hey Shannon - sorry it took me so long to respond. I just saw this. It's really easy. Just go to https://secure.uvoxnetworks.com/disney/affhome.html?affno=66 and you select the character you want (Mickey, Pooh, Tigger, or Princesses) and then select Good Morning and Continue. Then on the next screen, you can select "Taking a Trip" under "Special Plans for the Day."

Enjoy!

my2disneyboys
10-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Congrats on booking the Poly!!!! I just LOVE the Poly! Your first day plans sound awesome!

Thank you!! I am dreaming of sitting on that beach already!

I'm getting all caught up and see that you have changed to the Poly! :banana::banana: Congratulations! It's so great and we really loved it on our couples trip in May. Loved it so much we are taking the whole crew back in February (arriving Feb 6th - leaving Feb 13th)! We did the 4/3 thing too!

***Make sure that if you want a balcony in Fiji, you HAVE to request 3rd floor! 2nd floor rooms in Fiji do not have balconies! ****

Can't wait to hear more of your plans! Arrival day sounds heavenly! :cloud9:

Sara

Thanks for the heads up! I requested Fiji - 3rd floor (or any room with Balcony!) Wow- so you will be there with the whole gang on the day we leave!! We dont leave until 9PM so maybe we will bump into you guys:-):goodvibes

Wow, you're first day plans sound amazing! The view from that room is absolutely gorgeous!! It sure beats my view right now. I am looking out my window at gushing rains and trees wildly blowing around. There is so much rain being blown at the screen that I can barely see out :headache: Lovely day!

You're going to love the magical express too. We did. I hope it works out as nicely for you as it did for us. We literally walked off of our plane, walked to Magical express, we were told which line to go in, where, at the end of that line was someone escorting us right onto the bus. It was wonderful. I LOVE the video. Not on the way back though, it's just sad:sad2: Mickey is spelling out his name, ya know, like he does. M-I-C, see ya real soon, K-E-Y, why, because I like you. It put tears in my eyes to leave. But we don't focus on that.

DAY ONE SOUNDS GREAT!!!!

Thank you!!! I am getting pretty excited for it all. Wow- I didnt know the video played that song on the way home- I will be in tears!

Hey Nickie! Day one looks great, a nice and relaxing way to start the vacation!! I'm so excited you are staying at the Poly! :lovestruc I know it is your dream resort! I'll be thinking of you sitting on the beach watching Wishes as I'm in labor since I'm due 1/31!!! :rotfl: You'll love Magical Express, even though it's just a bus ride, I can't imagine starting my Disney vacation any other way!

Thanks!! i know- it will be a dream come true for sure... Wow- as I drink my Lapu Lapu (Spelling??) I will be thinking of you and your family and your new baby girl!!!!

Hey Shannon - sorry it took me so long to respond. I just saw this. It's really easy. Just go to https://secure.uvoxnetworks.com/disney/affhome.html?affno=66 and you select the character you want (Mickey, Pooh, Tigger, or Princesses) and then select Good Morning and Continue. Then on the next screen, you can select "Taking a Trip" under "Special Plans for the Day."

Enjoy!

thanks hun! we should do this again for the boys.

that's nice
10-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Hey guys! Your first day plans sound great!!!! I've always wanted to stay at the Poly! I can't wait to hear all about your plans!!!:goodvibes

my2disneyboys
10-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey guys! Your first day plans sound great!!!! I've always wanted to stay at the Poly! I can't wait to hear all about your plans!!!:goodvibes

Hey Tim!
Thank you :-) I just started your TR :thumbsup2

my2disneyboys
10-14-2009, 02:05 PM
The Plan: Sunday, January 31st -Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

Waking up this morning will not be too hard.... we know that we will be spending our first day at the MAGIC KINGDOM!! I have heard people say that you should do the other parks first and then save MK for last because it is so special BUT I am not one of those people!! I need to see it ASAP and then see it again on our last day too! :rotfl:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1833.jpg

We had planned to have breakfast at Crystal Palace but heard that it will be closed (Also just heard Splash Mountain is going to be closed too! UGH)

So now we are having breakfast at Liberty Tavern - we were able to get an 8:05AM Reservation!!
Looks like we will be able to get the Pre park Opening Photo after all!!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1827-1.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1808.jpg

After going on Dumbo, Cinderella's Golden Carousel, It's a Small World, Mad Tea Party, Mickeys PhilharMagic, Peter Pan's Flight and Myles and Owen's favorite play spot...Pooh's Playful Spot we will head to lunch!

Lunch: (2:00PM) Tonys! Hopefully we will sit again on the Patio and watch the parade.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/tonysview.jpg

After the parade we plan on heading back to the hotel,we will say our goodbyes to Jeff and Shannon and rest up a little before dinner.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/703944172703_0_ALB.jpg

Dinner: (6:30PM) We thought we would order a pizza tonight in the room and just relax and let the kids play. After we will head out to the MK for Wishes and taking advantage of EMH. It's going to be a late night!!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/wishesbest.jpg

What a day we will have had!
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_1809.jpg

Coming up: Day 3 - Epcot

MaryAz
10-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Yay updates. Can't wait to hear all about the Poly-we are staying there in May. Your first 2 days sound great!

longing2Batdisney
10-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Nicki your second day sounds great! I like the idea of catching "Wishes" from in the park and EMH; if the boys are up for that! another breakfast idea would be to eat on snack credits at the bakery in MK! Missy has pictures of it on her thread (I'll have to come back with her dis name--can't remember if you were following her or not?!?) anyway it looks and sounds great!! I have been reading great things about their cinnamon rolls.
here is a link to the thread I was referring to: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2163314&page=60
post #888
I agree about MK being ASAP!!!:yay:
:wave2:

wlwilliams9
10-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Ooh! Day 2 looks very magical!! Bummer about Crystal Palace, that's one of my fav bfast buffets! I think I read they were going to open LTT for a character bfast as an alternative, but don't quote me on that one!! I agree that MK is a first and last day park. To me, MK IS Disney, the other parks are just a bonus!! I can't believe you'll be back in the magic in 3 months! How exciting!!

longing2Batdisney
10-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Nicki & Wayne here is a link to the LTT breakfast, lunch info...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining.htm

chicagoshannon
10-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Day 2 looks great!

You can't see the parade from Adventureland but can from Frontierland. You could just cut through by the bathrooms and watch. :)

I'd watch the fireworks from the Poly beach I think. You've seen them in the MK already so seeing them on the beach would be really nice. :)

that's nice
10-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Watching the fireworks from 'Ohana was cool. If you are going to be in MK another night you can watch them then. Or I'm not sure if you are doing hoppers but you can go to MK after going to AK or DHS to watch them. I think if I was at the Poly, I'd watch them every night!! Once from 'Ohana, once or twice from MK, once from the Poly beach... ummmm you get the point!:goodvibes

leamom2princesses
10-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi Nickie! Your Day 1 & 2 plans look great. Sorry for not stopping by more often, I've been a major DIS slacker lately. Hoping to get more time on the boards in the near future. Can't wait to see what you think of the Poly as we are planning to stay there in May. Hope you and the family are well! :goodvibes

Leanne

crocko
10-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Woohoo -- Day 2 sounds great...gotta love being at the Magic Kingdom!

longing2Batdisney
10-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Nicki!!!
look what just popped up!!! onFB! MouseSavers.com just learned of a new discount for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders: get a 40% discount at most Walt Disney World resort hotels, valid most nights 1/1/10-2/11/10.

my2disneyboys
10-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Nicki!!!
look what just popped up!!! onFB! MouseSavers.com just learned of a new discount for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders: get a 40% discount at most Walt Disney World resort hotels, valid most nights 1/1/10-2/11/10.

i wonder if that is better than the 4/3 deal!?? What do you think? I am not a disney visa card holder but if it was a goo dsavings maybe I will have to be!!!

my2disneyboys
10-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi Nickie! Your Day 1 & 2 plans look great. Sorry for not stopping by more often, I've been a major DIS slacker lately. Hoping to get more time on the boards in the near future. Can't wait to see what you think of the Poly as we are planning to stay there in May. Hope you and the family are well! :goodvibes

Leanne

Hi!!
That is so cool you are staying at the Poly too. I will make sure to take lots of pics for you!

Woohoo -- Day 2 sounds great...gotta love being at the Magic Kingdom!

Love the MK!! :cloud9:

longing2Batdisney
10-16-2009, 04:20 PM
i wonder if that is better than the 4/3 deal!?? What do you think? I am not a disney visa card holder but if it was a goo dsavings maybe I will have to be!!!
when we went in May the military 40% off was better for us than the 4/3 deal. But, we did not need tickets...so you would need to figure the room at the 40% off and add your tickets to that, than your dining plan...I know the CM could not believe it was cheaper the way we went... BUT, not having to get tickets is what saved us in the long run! But, always worth figuring the numbers!

lovesdumbo
10-16-2009, 05:32 PM

If you stay for exactly 7 nights the buy 4 get 3 free is a 43% discount. If you need to buy tickets the 4/3 is a really great deal!!!! Also the Visa deal is a room only-can't add DDP to it.

I called to switch my January trip to the Visa deal but it wasn't available for my AKL CL room BUT....the CM said there was an AP pin on my name and I was able to book that instead. So I am now paying $210/night instead of $200/night under 4/3 but I won't have to buy $450 worth of tickets. AND the AP pin was good through June so I was able to use if for my May bday trip too.:woohoo:

my2disneyboys
10-16-2009, 08:38 PM
If you stay for exactly 7 nights the buy 4 get 3 free is a 43% discount. If you need to buy tickets the 4/3 is a really great deal!!!! Also the Visa deal is a room only-can't add DDP to it.

I called to switch my January trip to the Visa deal but it wasn't available for my AKL CL room BUT....the CM said there was an AP pin on my name and I was able to book that instead. So I am now paying $210/night instead of $200/night under 4/3 but I won't have to buy $450 worth of tickets. AND the AP pin was good through June so I was able to use if for my May bday trip too.:woohoo:

:thumbsup2 That is AWESOME! It's nice to see you rewarded... all the money you have given Disney :goodvibes We are staying 7 nights and getting tickets so the 4/3 works out great for us. :thumbsup2

my2disneyboys
10-16-2009, 08:40 PM
when we went in May the military 40% off was better for us than the 4/3 deal. But, we did not need tickets...so you would need to figure the room at the 40% off and add your tickets to that, than your dining plan...I know the CM could not believe it was cheaper the way we went... BUT, not having to get tickets is what saved us in the long run! But, always worth figuring the numbers!

Hi Connie! i called and the 4/3 is better for us :goodvibes I just wish we were there.... already snowed here today. I need me some warm Florida sunshine!!

longing2Batdisney
10-16-2009, 11:53 PM
WOW! snow already!!!! :eek:
we are just getting down to about 59* tonight...stay warm
we will be back up to the high 80's by the end of next week!!!!

glad you were able to check your best course of action...it won't be long!!!

my2disneyboys
10-17-2009, 04:08 PM
I thought I would share with you my clever husbands idea for some decorations for tonights Disney Movie Night!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Slide9.jpg

SNOW WHITE DISNEY NIGHT!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Slide1.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Slide2.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Slide3.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Slide4.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Slide5.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Slide6.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Slide7.jpg

For tonights dinner I will be making:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Slide8.jpg

Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
Snow White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
Apples
Warm Pretzels
Apple Cider

For Dessert...
Snow Balls
Apple Puff Pastry

We are going to hunt for Diamonds for our activity..... I will post more pictures tonight or tomorrow!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/Slide10.jpg

disney<333
10-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Your plans sound fun and not to mention yummy!!
During the CP refurbishment Liberty Tree will be open with characters for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We had dinner there a few years ago and it was yummy, also you can't beat colonial Minnie:goodvibes
Wayne is so creative!! Can't wait to see disney night. Last weekend we went to a poly show for our disney night, but I will need to plan more; especially with our trip a month away:woohoo:

leamom2princesses
10-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Love the Disney night pics. The boys are too cute acting out the dwarves. Can't wait to see pics of the actual night. :goodvibes

crocko
10-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Fun times!

That meal sounds apple-licious.

my2disneyboys
10-27-2009, 10:16 AM
My day started at 12:01 AM - as I stayed up waiting for the day to become October 27th- the day to make ADR's with the rest of the world!! I went online and nothing- so went to bed.... got up around 3AM..... still nothing! Got up at 5:30AM and me and Wayne both on our laptops, itinerary in hand.... NOTHING! Online wasn't working!! Kids woke up (ofcourse- every other day I have to drag them out of bed... but today I wanted to do this at 6AM and ofcourse they were up and wanted milk- breakfast- tv- you name it! So..... we gave up and I said I would call at 7AM from the road..... I am driving into work, have the itinerary on the passenger side seat and realize I don't have a pen to write down my confirmation numbers :headache:.... I start dialing right as I get to the Tobin Bridge... Pay the toll... and start dialing... and dialing... and dialing. OMG I tried from 6:45AM until 8:00AM non stop and with a little help ;) got through at 8:00!! I was able to get everything we wanted.... all that stress... but it is SO worth it :-)

Saturday: Chef Mickey 5:10PM
Sunday: Liberty Tavern 8:05AM -Tonys 2pm
Monday: Kona 7:30AM - Chef de france 12:30PM -San Angel 7:00PM
Tuesday: Play N Dine 8:00AM -Sci fi 1:35PM -Cali Grill 7pm
Wednesday: 1900 Park 8:30AM - Biergarten 1:40PM - Tutto 6:45PM
Thursday: Tusker house 8:00AM -Yak and yetti 1:00PM -Ohana- 6:25PM
Friday: Wave 7:30AM -Plaza 12:00PM - Luau- cat 2 seating 5:15PM
Saturday: Ohana 8:30AM - Kona 5:05PM

What do you think of our choices??

longing2Batdisney
10-27-2009, 12:30 PM
GREAT LINEUP!!! :yay:

wonder why it took so long to get on--was today the first day for the 180 days for everyone?!? or I wonder if it is always like that:eek:

HOW EXCITING :dancer: YA'LL ARE REALLY ON YOUR WAY, NOW!!
QUESTION FOR YOU: HAVE YOU HEARD THE FOLLOWING:confused3
(not to rain on a parade but Leanne was stressing last night; she read that Yak & Yeti, Tutto, and one other in Epcot are not going to be on the dining plan?!? do you know if this is true or not to pass the info on to her?!?)

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
AND NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE
HAPPY PLANNING!!! :wave2:

wlwilliams9
10-27-2009, 12:35 PM
My day started at 12:01 AM - as I stayed up waiting for the day to become October 27th- the day to make ADR's with the rest of the world!! I went online and nothing- so went to bed.... got up around 3AM..... still nothing! Got up at 5:30AM and me and Wayne both on our laptops, itinerary in hand.... NOTHING! Online wasn't working!! Kids woke up (ofcourse- every other day I have to drag them out of bed... but today I wanted to do this at 6AM and ofcourse they were up and wanted milk- breakfast- tv- you name it! So..... we gave up and I said I would call at 7AM from the road..... I am driving into work, have the itinerary on the passenger side seat and realize I don't have a pen to write down my confirmation numbers :headache:.... I start dialing right as I get to the Tobin Bridge... Pay the toll... and start dialing... and dialing... and dialing. OMG I tried from 6:45AM until 8:00AM non stop and with a little help ;) got through at 8:00!! I was able to get everything we wanted.... all that stress... but it is SO worth it :-)

Saturday: Chef Mickey 5:10PM - We've only been here for bfast, but you can't beat the character meals!
Sunday: Liberty Tavern 8:05AM - Hope their bfast is as good as dinner!! Tonys 2pm - Never been, but on our list for next time after your review!
Monday: Kona 7:30AM - Love Kona, fresh and yummy! Chef de france 12:30PM - Never been here either, maybe next time! San Angel 7:00PM - Great atmosphere, good food!
Tuesday: Play N Dine 8:00AM - Never been! Sci fi 1:35PM - Love Sci-Fi, food is good, you can't beat the atmosphere, great lunch spot!! Cali Grill 7pm - One of our favs! We eat here on our anniversary every year...except 2010!!
Wednesday: 1900 Park 8:30AM - On my list for next time! Biergarten 1:40PM - Fun and great for lunch! Tutto 6:45PM - YUM, YUM, YUM!! Get the fresh mozzerella appetizer!
Thursday: Tusker house 8:00AM - We had lunch here, Mike's fav buffet on property! Yak and yetti 1:00PM - YUM!! Ohana- 6:25PM Definitely on our list for next time!
Friday: Wave 7:30AM - Heard great things! Plaza 12:00PM - Great for lunch! Wish we could meet there again!! Luau- cat 2 seating 5:15PM - Cheezy and fun all rolled into one! Eye candy for both you and Wayne!

I'm happy you were able to get through and get everything you wanted! Everything sounds delicious!

my2disneyboys
10-27-2009, 01:53 PM
GREAT LINEUP!!! :yay:

wonder why it took so long to get on--was today the first day for the 180 days for everyone?!? or I wonder if it is always like that:eek:

HOW EXCITING :dancer: YA'LL ARE REALLY ON YOUR WAY, NOW!!
QUESTION FOR YOU: HAVE YOU HEARD THE FOLLOWING:confused3
(not to rain on a parade but Leanne was stressing last night; she read that Yak & Yeti, Tutto, and one other in Epcot are not going to be on the dining plan?!? do you know if this is true or not to pass the info on to her?!?)

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
AND NOW YOU SHOULD HAVE
HAPPY PLANNING!!! :wave2:

For 2010 the contracts havent been finalized for those properties- all signs look like they will be (I guess this happens every year) we just need to wait until January to be sure.

Yes today was the big day for the 180 days ADRS!!

I'm happy you were able to get through and get everything you wanted! Everything sounds delicious!

You crack me up! :rotfl2: "eye candy" I will make sure to take some pics for you. lol;)

that's nice
10-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Nikki-
I saw you on the booking thread earlier (6am ish earlier!!!:rotfl:) I wrote to you but it was moving so fast I don't know if you even saw it. Your ADRs look great! I'm glad you got everything you wanted! I feel sorry for all those CMs taking a beating today. I also have read that the system keeps shutting down.... this has been happening all afternoon. I'm glad we are done.. until we start making changes!! LOLOL:goodvibes

chicagoshannon
10-27-2009, 04:01 PM
So glad you got everything and thanks for the tip earlier! People are still waiting to make their ADR's. I feel bad for the people trying to get ADR's for like 100 days out but cant' get through while people 180 days out have gotten through.

my2disneyboys
10-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Nikki-
I saw you on the booking thread earlier (6am ish earlier!!!:rotfl:) I wrote to you but it was moving so fast I don't know if you even saw it. Your ADRs look great! I'm glad you got everything you wanted! I feel sorry for all those CMs taking a beating today. I also have read that the system keeps shutting down.... this has been happening all afternoon. I'm glad we are done.. until we start making changes!! LOLOL:goodvibes

Hey!! I did see you were on there and then the thread moved so fast I lost you. :rotfl2: I am glad you got all you wanted and are not one of those people still on hold!!

So glad you got everything and thanks for the tip earlier! People are still waiting to make their ADR's. I feel bad for the people trying to get ADR's for like 100 days out but cant' get through while people 180 days out have gotten through.

No problem! Disney messed up when they rolled this out I think. I thought for sure I wasnt going to get what we wanted.... but we did and most of them for the exact times.

lovesdumbo
10-27-2009, 06:22 PM

Saturday: Chef Mickey 5:10PM
Sunday: Liberty Tavern 8:05AM -Tonys 2pm
Monday: Kona 7:30AM - Chef de france 12:30PM -San Angel 7:00PM
Tuesday: Play N Dine 8:00AM -Sci fi 1:35PM -Cali Grill 7pm
Wednesday: 1900 Park 8:30AM - Biergarten 1:40PM - Tutto 6:45PM
Thursday: Tusker house 8:00AM -Yak and yetti 1:00PM -Ohana- 6:25PM
Friday: Wave 7:30AM -Plaza 12:00PM - Luau- cat 2 seating 5:15PM

:woohoo:Those look great!

I'm trying the LTT breakfast on 1/22. The menu looks pretty good and we never did do dinner when they had characters so it will be fun to see them. All your other choices look awesome!

You must be so happy to have those done!

My 90 day was last Thursday so I didn't have to worry today. My 180 day for the May trip is next Monday so I hope things settle down a bit before then. That trip I'm going to try DxDDP so a lot of ADR's to make.

leamom2princesses
10-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi Nickie! Your ADR's look awesome. Glad you were able to get through and get them. Our ADR date is Nov. 23. Hopefully things improve by then.

I was stressing about the list of restaurants last night (I talked to a CM that told me the list was final in addition to seeing a post by another DISer) :scared1: But I've done some more research and I'm not panicking anymore. The list for EPCOT (some of the best dining in my opinion) and DTD are nonexistent at the moment. :sad2: Hopefully they'll get an updated list up soon.

MaryAz
10-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Congrats on getting all you wanted. That wait must have been very frustrating!

disney<333
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Congrats on getting everything!!!:dance3:
Did you book the Cali grill for Wishes? I was just reading a TR when they had dinner during wishes at Cali grill, it was oh my gosh.
You're really getting close now!
I bet tonight you will be able to sleep now, knowing you have your ADRs.

DisneyTiger
10-28-2009, 09:19 AM
So glad you got through ;) !!! Your plans look great! Also, just FYI, I was told that the online booking is not available until the phones are up at 6:00am. It was CRAZY yesterday morning though. I got online right at 5am (we're an hour behind Orlando time) and my computer basically had smoke coming out of it! They were way overloaded:rotfl: Anyway, all is good now!!! Yay for dining!

my2disneyboys
10-28-2009, 11:58 AM
:woohoo:Those look great!

I'm trying the LTT breakfast on 1/22. The menu looks pretty good and we never did do dinner when they had characters so it will be fun to see them. All your other choices look awesome!

You must be so happy to have those done!

My 90 day was last Thursday so I didn't have to worry today. My 180 day for the May trip is next Monday so I hope things settle down a bit before then. That trip I'm going to try DxDDP so a lot of ADR's to make.

Hi!! I still can't believe you are going again in January and then in May too! Lucky girl :goodvibes We did the deluxe plan last time and now I dont think we can go and not be on it. We love being able to eat whatever and to have that all inclusive feeling while on vacation. It did take me FOREVER yesterday making all my reservations. I think I made 18 reservations LOL

Hi Nickie! Your ADR's look awesome. Glad you were able to get through and get them. Our ADR date is Nov. 23. Hopefully things improve by then.

I was stressing about the list of restaurants last night (I talked to a CM that told me the list was final in addition to seeing a post by another DISer) :scared1: But I've done some more research and I'm not panicking anymore. The list for EPCOT (some of the best dining in my opinion) and DTD are nonexistent at the moment. :sad2: Hopefully they'll get an updated list up soon.

Where can I find the list of restaurants? What did the CM say about them not being on the list?

How are you?? Are you going back in May again?

Congrats on getting all you wanted. That wait must have been very frustrating!

Oh man- I went home sick yesterday from work. I am not sure if it was from not sleeping or the stress of the whole ADR situation... I used to have fun with planning but the way things are with Disney lately it has been more stress for me than fun :confused: I think after this trip I am taking a year off. (Although I know on my last day I will say- ok let's come back again ASAP)

Congrats on getting everything!!!:dance3:
Did you book the Cali grill for Wishes? I was just reading a TR when they had dinner during wishes at Cali grill, it was oh my gosh.
You're really getting close now!
I bet tonight you will be able to sleep now, knowing you have your ADRs.

I went to bed at 7:30 LOL YES!! I booked Cali Grill for 7pm and Wishes is at 8pm so we should be still eating or having dessert while Wishes is on. I think I may be most excited for this meal!! Although, we also booked Ohana for 7pm so we can see Wishes from there too... I heard they dim the lights and pipe in the music. :cloud9: I just can't wait to experience it all. I hope my 2 year old is in a good mood. lol

So glad you got through ;) !!! Your plans look great! Also, just FYI, I was told that the online booking is not available until the phones are up at 6:00am. It was CRAZY yesterday morning though. I got online right at 5am (we're an hour behind Orlando time) and my computer basically had smoke coming out of it! They were way overloaded:rotfl: Anyway, all is good now!!! Yay for dining!

I tried the online booking last night and again today and its STILL not up! I think they should have started uploading this 180 stuff last week - it would have helped the phones not be SO busy yesterday. But YES all is good now- and we have lots of yummy places to go try out. Can you imagine those people that decide to go to Disney on a whim - no plannning !!! Where the heck do they eat?? I could never be like that. Sometimes I wish I could be though....

leamom2princesses
10-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi friend! I'm doing great. The summer started out kind of rough but things have really turned around. We are going back in May. Mary and I started our PTR's last week. I can't wait! :woohoo: We have a great group forming which makes for lots of cool DIS meets. Think you can make it in May too??? :rolleyes1

I found the list here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining.pdf

CM wouldn't elaborate at all. I guess technically until contracts are signed this is the list but it's torture waiting when my window is a few weeks away. I have OCD bad when it comes to planning my WDW vacation. :lmao: I'm just going to make ressies for the places I'm interested in and if by chance the list doesn't change I will make other arrangements.

How are you doing? You are right at 3 months now...so lucky. :)

my2disneyboys
11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi friend! I'm doing great. The summer started out kind of rough but things have really turned around. We are going back in May. Mary and I started our PTR's last week. I can't wait! :woohoo: We have a great group forming which makes for lots of cool DIS meets. Think you can make it in May too??? :rolleyes1

I found the list here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining.pdf

CM wouldn't elaborate at all. I guess technically until contracts are signed this is the list but it's torture waiting when my window is a few weeks away. I have OCD bad when it comes to planning my WDW vacation. :lmao: I'm just going to make ressies for the places I'm interested in and if by chance the list doesn't change I will make other arrangements.

How are you doing? You are right at 3 months now...so lucky. :)

Hi Leanne!!! :goodvibes I do not think I will be going in May!! I can't believe I am going in January just 8 months after our last trip!! I am thinking I am going to try to go this week each year. I really need the 12 months to save up!! Have you heard anything else about the dining locations? I am glad things are turning around for you.

my2disneyboys
11-02-2009, 06:55 PM
OUR TRIP IS PAID OFF IN FULL!!!
: :yay::woohoo::banana::yay::woohoo:

We are really going!!! :cheer2::banana::worship:

longing2Batdisney
11-02-2009, 06:59 PM
party: party: party:

HOW EXCITING!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YA"LL!!!! :dancer:
we have decided we are def going the week after Thanksgiving...trying to talk Leanne and Dana into a quick Christmas weekend!! Ya'll should think about it too!!! Since I had to choose a cool off season time I decided I have to see it for Christmas!!!:santa:

How is Owen?!? read about him on FB!! and about the dining plan I have an email from disney I posted on Leanne's PTR!!!
your Halloween pics looked like lots of fun was had by all!!!
:wave2: keep the dancing and partying going cause YOU ARE PAID IN FULL!!!!
:dancer: party: :dancer:

my2disneyboys
11-02-2009, 07:19 PM
party: party: party:

HOW EXCITING!!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YA"LL!!!! :dancer:
we have decided we are def going the week after Thanksgiving...trying to talk Leanne and Dana into a quick Christmas weekend!! Ya'll should think about it too!!! Since I had to choose a cool off season time I decided I have to see it for Christmas!!!:santa:

How is Owen?!? read about him on FB!! and about the dining plan I have an email from disney I posted on Leanne's PTR!!!
your Halloween pics looked like lots of fun was had by all!!!
:wave2: keep the dancing and partying going cause YOU ARE PAID IN FULL!!!!
:dancer: party: :dancer:

Thanks Connie!! :yay::woohoo::banana:
hmmmmm week after Thanksgiving sounds interesting. You know my birthday is on Thanksgiving!! hmm- we will have to think about that one! That would make all our Disney trips about 8-9 months apart! lol My family thinks I am crazy!

Thank you for asking about Owen. My poor little man. He is covered in red spots! The Dr. said its an allergic reaction to something- could even be viral. It seems like that is always their answer when they dont know the answer! :confused: We have him on Zirtax (Sp??) its once a day at bed time so that should make it easier at night not having to wake up to give mes every 4 hours.

I still do not know about my job- my boss is leaving in 4-6 weeks so my position may be eliminated and that will make my new job a stay at home Mom! I wish they could just tell me either way because rightnow I am not being a very good employee because I think I have no job! They just need to let me know so I can plan! Don't they understand I am a CONTROL FREAK! :scared1:

longing2Batdisney
11-02-2009, 07:30 PM
did you catch my comment on FB about my allergies...I would not doubt that he had a reaction to the costume...I am not allergic to any foods!! but, pollen all I have to do is smell it, some perfums, candles, soaps, detergents, and I have to wash my clothes before I wear them ...ooooooh! and one more he will never have to worry about being PG all three times HIVES :eek:

but, yes I learned that years ago when they do not know what it is "it could be viral" :confused3...so at this point as a well seasoned mom unless it seems life threatening (like his raspy breathing did for me--they just kept guessing with that one too until I sought out specialist) it helps too that I worked for surgeons for a few years!

Sorry, you are still up in the air about your postion at work...but, just think you can enjoy the boys for a little bit before you try to find something else...you may just need a payment plan for Disney... our dates are in my siggie; just like Leanne I would love to meet up with you, Wayne and the boys...we were saying on another thread last week how we refer to everyone by name like we have been knowing them for years :lmao:

my2disneyboys
11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
did you catch my comment on FB about my allergies...I would not doubt that he had a reaction to the costume...I am not allergic to any foods!! but, pollen all I have to do is smell it, some perfums, candles, soaps, detergents, and I have to wash my clothes before I wear them ...ooooooh! and one more he will never have to worry about being PG all three times HIVES :eek:

but, yes I learned that years ago when they do not know what it is "it could be viral" :confused3...so at this point as a well seasoned mom unless it seems life threatening (like his raspy breathing did for me--they just kept guessing with that one too until I sought out specialist) it helps too that I worked for surgeons for a few years!

Sorry, you are still up in the air about your postion at work...but, just think you can enjoy the boys for a little bit before you try to find something else...you may just need a payment plan for Disney... our dates are in my siggie; just like Leanne I would love to meet up with you, Wayne and the boys...we were saying on another thread last week how we refer to everyone by name like we have been knowing them for years :lmao:

I did see your reply on FB- thank you!! I agree- I do think it was the costume. My birthday is november 26th!! So we will have to wait until this trip is done and then talk about it. It is so funny how we all refer to eachother like we have known eachother for years! :rotfl: It is so nice to have met so many new friends!! :hug:

leamom2princesses
11-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Congrats on having your trip paid off! :dance3::banana::dance3:

It would be great to meet up with you guys sometime. Maybe Nov. 2010! Sorry Owen is having a hard time. I had a rash like that only once and it was an allergic reaction also - mine was to penicillin. I hope the poor baby is feeling better soon. :sad2:

wlwilliams9
11-02-2009, 10:16 PM
:yay::banana::cool1::cheer2: Woo Hoo on paying off the trip!! That's always a great feeling!! We've started putting money away for our Oct. trip. This will be the longest out we have ever planned. We usually book about 2 weeks to 3 months out and pay for the whole trip at once!

I hope Owen is feeling better soon and sorry to hear that Myles had a "tough" day at school!

chicagoshannon
11-03-2009, 09:35 AM
YAY for paying off the trip! Jan will be here before you know it!

that's nice
11-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Yay :yay: for your trip being paid off!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your DS. Are the spots any better?

disney<333
11-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey you,
First let me start of by saying congrats on being paid of in full.:woohoo:
Now it's real. January will be here before you know it.
Poor Owen, I hope he is feeling better. :hug: Emily is sick too, she stayed home from school today.

my2disneyboys
11-05-2009, 10:17 PM
QUOTE=leamom2princesses;34184974]Congrats on having your trip paid off! :dance3::banana::dance3:

It would be great to meet up with you guys sometime. Maybe Nov. 2010! Sorry Owen is having a hard time. I had a rash like that only once and it was an allergic reaction also - mine was to penicillin. I hope the poor baby is feeling better soon. :sad2:[/QUOTE]

Thank you - all is better!! I really hope someday we will meet up!! Your girls are so adorable and I know the boys would have a blast with them in Disney. Someday!!!!

:yay::banana::cool1::cheer2: Woo Hoo on paying off the trip!! That's always a great feeling!! We've started putting money away for our Oct. trip. This will be the longest out we have ever planned. We usually book about 2 weeks to 3 months out and pay for the whole trip at once!

I hope Owen is feeling better soon and sorry to hear that Myles had a "tough" day at school!

Thank you! I dont think Myles will tell another lie anytime soon. :goodvibes The baby pics were so cool!!!! Congrats ;-)

YAY for paying off the trip! Jan will be here before you know it!

:banana: Thanks!!!! I cant believe you will be going back again!

Yay :yay: for your trip being paid off!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your DS. Are the spots any better?

YES- We think the spots are gone... not too sure what was wrong or what he is allergic too but the Dr said maybe it was a virus....

Hey you,
First let me start of by saying congrats on being paid of in full.:woohoo:
Now it's real. January will be here before you know it.
Poor Owen, I hope he is feeling better. :hug: Emily is sick too, she stayed home from school today.

I hope Emily is feeling better!!

Tony NY
11-05-2009, 10:20 PM
The Contemporary it were the magic is and the monorail your in the hart of disney that just my oppioin

that's nice
11-05-2009, 10:37 PM
The Contemporary it were the magic is and the monorail your in the hart of disney that just my oppioin

You still celebrating the Yankees WS win?:confused3

my2disneyboys
11-06-2009, 10:46 AM
You still celebrating the Yankees WS win?:confused3

Ha-Ha Very funny! :rotfl2: I think Boston TV stations have blocked any footage because I have heard nothing about it! :rotfl:

that's nice
11-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Ha-Ha Very funny! :rotfl2: I think Boston TV stations have blocked any footage because I have heard nothing about it! :rotfl:

I think Tony NY was 1/2 in the bag with that post! LOL:lmao:

my2disneyboys
11-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I think Tony NY was 1/2 in the bag with that post! LOL:lmao:

:rotfl2: that was something!

disney<333
11-06-2009, 05:49 PM

Boo Yanks!!! I was rooting for the Phillies. Phillies let NY win because they felt bad!!:lmao:

my2disneyboys
11-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Hello Everyone! I thought I would continue with our plans. Hope you are all doing well.

Day 3 - Monday, February 1st, 2010

Today we will wake up and head to Kona for our 7:30ADR and then walk over to the TTC and get on the monorail to EPCOT!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2299.jpg

TONGA TOAST and KONA COFFEE - YUMO!
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2301.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2000.jpg

I figure we will spend the morning in Future Land- and try to hit these rides:

Wayne and Myles head to Mission Space and ride...

Owen and I head to Test Track and grab a fast pass.

Meet up with Wayne and Myles at The Seas with Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk with Crush show.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2017.jpg

Go to Soarin', and grab a fast pass

Check out Journey into the Imagination with Figment - if we have time?

Head to lunch at Chef de France - Hopefully see Remy!
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/cuteremy.jpg

After lunch maybe go on Spaceship Earth and then head back to the Poly for an afternoon nap!

After our afternoon swim/ nap at the Poly, we will head back to Epcot for a 7PM ADR at Tutto! I have heard some bad things, but I am really looking forward to this one.

After dinner, we will stroll the World Showcase, and maybe do some kids activities, and a kim possible mission and grab our grey goose slushies and get our spot for Illuminations!! We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show!

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2042.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2044.jpg

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu359/nickie0214/IMG_2055.jpg

After Illuminations, we will take the monorail back to the Poly and fall into bed! :cloud9:

Let me know what you think of our plans!!

disney<333
11-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Your plans sound great! Kona looks amazing. I have to eat there one day.
KP closes at I think 7. I remember in May the girls wanted to do it about an hour and a half before Illuminations and The CM said it was closed. I thought Remy was only for a limited time.:confused3
Anyways hope you and the boys are doing well.
Are you guys still doing Disney nights?

wlwilliams9
11-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Your day looks great!! :cool1: Are you and Wayne going to keep us updated on your every move through Twitter or Facebook? I'll be happy to live vicariously through you while you're there especially sine we have decided to go in Dec 2010 for the christmas decor. I have over a year to wait now!:sad1: Oh well! I've always wanted to see Disney all decked out for the holidays and what a great way to spend baby's first Christmas!

my2disneyboys
11-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Your day looks great!! :cool1: Are you and Wayne going to keep us updated on your every move through Twitter or Facebook? I'll be happy to live vicariously through you while you're there especially sine we have decided to go in Dec 2010 for the christmas decor. I have over a year to wait now!:sad1: Oh well! I've always wanted to see Disney all decked out for the holidays and what a great way to spend baby's first Christmas!

Hello my friend!!
Oh, I think you can bet on Wayne with the twitter/facebook updates lol He LOVED doing that last time. We went the week after Christmas once- OMG Whatever you do, DON'T GO THAT WEEK!!!!!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1:
It was AWFUL. I have heard however that early January is awesome and they still have the decorations up. :confused: I think next year we will be going again Jan/Feb - but we will see how this year goes and then we can compare the whole May to February thing...

How are you feeling? Those pics (3D) were amazing!!

Your plans sound great! Kona looks amazing. I have to eat there one day.
KP closes at I think 7. I remember in May the girls wanted to do it about an hour and a half before Illuminations and The CM said it was closed. I thought Remy was only for a limited time.:confused3
Anyways hope you and the boys are doing well.
Are you guys still doing Disney nights?

Good point about KP! I forgot about that. We are planning two days at Epcot this year so we will get in a few missions- the kids LOVE them! You do have to eat at Kona. It is SO good!!!! We havent been so good about our Disney Nights. I am SO STRESSED out about loosing my job- and now Wayne heard a bunch of layoffs coming at his job. :scared1: I was thinking if I was let go I would try the stay at home mom role, and I was really starting to look forward to it, but with both of us out of jobs- we wouldnt survive!! Plus how would we ever get to Disney again! ? :laughing: THey told me I should know my fate here in the next two weeks. Its going to be stressful waiting. :scared1:

Hope you are all doing good!!!!!

longing2Batdisney
11-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Sounds like a great day planned! Kona looks awesome will have to think about adding that one :rolleyes1 (still have a year to decide-:lmao: ). I have heard mixed things about Tutto--the pasta dishes I did not hear anything good on but the lasagna and one other dish (can't remember which one-whose's TR was that on :rolleyes1 )

Wendy ya'll can plan with us...we are going back Nov 2010, the week after Thanksgiving(is the plan so far)...I want to see the Christmas decorations with out the crowds. Some friends of ours went last year from Dec 24 - Jan 2 and said you could not move in any of the parks:eek:...I have subbed on to several threads to hear how the crowd levels are for all the different weeks of Nov and Dec to make our choice for certain in Jan.

Fun update! Nicki with the pictures!!! its getting close...:yay:

chicagoshannon
11-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Great plans! Some day I want to try Tutto. You're doing so well with your plans. I think 3 trips in a year is a bit much cause I have no desire to work on our trip plans at all. lol

that's nice
11-10-2009, 11:30 PM
How can you go wrong with some Tonga Toast and a Grey Goose Slushy?popcorn::

I think your plans look great! How will the boys do with the long day? I did see you have a possible nap scheduled back at the Poly.... would they nap in a stroller? Are you even bringing a stroller?:confused3:confused3

The3rdDisneyBoy
11-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Myles? On Mission: Space? Ha, what? Are you serious? Question marks???

crocko
11-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Mmm.....that day sounds great.

We'll be having breakfast at Kona this Sunday...you're making my mouth water.....