PDA

View Full Version : Busch Gardens Williamsburg discounts?

uk_wildcat
06-03-2009, 07:49 AM
We thought we were going to be able to use the Hero Salute free admission since my husband is a veteran and is also part of the inactive ready reserve. After reading through the eligibility this morning, it sounds like he would need to be activated in the reserves to get them.
So, now I am wondering if anyone knows of any discounts on admission? It seems a bit pricey to me just for one day as compared to what we normally pay at King's Island for an annual pass!

juliaarnold
06-03-2009, 07:56 AM
We were at Busch Gardens last weekend and while at the hotel another guest told me that Food Lion was offering $5.00 off each person, she also mentioned that the AAA discount was better saving approx. $8.00 per person.
I hope this helps;)

tripplanner2
06-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Check the BG website. Last year we got week long passes for a party of 5 which included Water County, BG, Colonial Williamsburg, and parking for $350. It was a great deal. Also, check Tripadvisor.com. I found out about the discounts on that site.

uk_wildcat
06-03-2009, 03:11 PM
I just can't bring myself to spend $350 on the tickets because I doubt we will go more than one day. I used to live in the area and don't really think we will do the Colonial Williamsburg thing and probably not even Water Country. I guess we may just skip it and do other things because we could have gotten Kings Island season passes for $320 for the whole family that are good all year and we skipped that this year because we were going on vacation.
Oh well, we are going to be doing several free things because we have a pass for our local museum that has reciprocity with many of the museums in the Hampton Roads area and we are going to Baltimore and Cambridge, MD for a few days and staying for free using hotel points. The rest of the time we will be staying with my in laws for free.
Can you tell we are trying to do this trip really cheap! LOL!

NeverlandClub23
06-03-2009, 03:46 PM
King's Dominion is an easy drive about an hour away from Williamsburg and their tickets are much cheaper than BG. I think if you buy them in advance on their website it's around $30 for adult admission. I used to live in Cincy and enjoyed going to King's Island a lot! :goodvibes