PDA

View Full Version : how do they live with themselves UPDATE

comingtodisney
06-03-2009, 03:21 AM
i woke up yesterday morning for work, came down the stairs and noticed the telly had gone and realised we had been burgled. took my purse, dh wallet, xbox 360, games, they also took the car. :sad1: they have come into our house whilst we were asleep. i spent the day cancelling all our cards and trying to sort out our insurances. but what is making me really angry is that they do not know what they have done to us its not just about our possesions but what they have done to us emotionally. my ds 15 keeps crying and saying it does'nt feel or look like our home anymore and my dd 13 would not sleep in her own bed last night and got in with us. me and dh could not sleep even though we have had the locks changed. when i went into the kids bedroom this morning i discovered that they have hidden all their valuables :sad1:

wils
06-03-2009, 03:33 AM
How awful. I'm so sorry :hug:

Haworthfamily
06-03-2009, 03:39 AM
So sorry, this is terrible and it makes me so cross people would do this.

Sarah X :grouphug:

jjk
sending you a massive Hug :hug: :hug:

We have been burgled twice recently they took all the kids christmas presents laptops , tvs , mobile phones and they used the boys paper round bags to carry all the nintendo wii games they smashed our patio doors to get in and used our garden half moon to get the window open !

It took me and the kids a while to get over the feeling, but it does get better with time :grouphug:

PoppyAnna
Oh my Andrea, my heart goes out to you:hug::hug: Especially what you say about your children hiding their valuables:sad2: that is very sad.
Sadly, what you're describing is becoming more common in todays climate and I know you're not the only one within this community that has suffered this.
I hope they catch the people that did it, what did the police say?
I really hope you're able to put it behind you in time, move on and love your home again:hug:

jackieleanne
06-03-2009, 03:43 AM
How awful I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you especially while you were sleeping. This happened at dbf's while we was away for valentines weekend and dbf's dad got home and disturbed them. They had broke in through double glazed windows :scared1: apparently its easy for them to do that now prying them open at the joining.

They took quite a few more material things but its the fact you no longer feel safe in a house that you have been in all your life plus they had took some stuff that was personal to dbf that his mum had left him before she died etc and he can never get those things back.

People that do this are not real people, they don't have a heart. So sorry to hear about it. What we did at db's was get an alarm system where it has sensors for all around the house and you can put upstairs and downstairs in zones. this way when we go to sleep we can set it so that downstairs is alarmed it used keyfobs, it may help you in starting to feel safe again although no this is hard dbf and I still sleep with bats by the side of the bed.

Jets fan
06-03-2009, 03:57 AM
:hug: It must be an awful feeling and one that I dread happening. Hope you can get back to normal soon.

Tina

comingtodisney
06-03-2009, 04:05 AM
thanks everybody, whats really hurting is the pain it is causing my kids, my daughters biggest fear was of somebody breaking in. i used to say we were all locked up and everthing would be ok. and we were and they got in, a word of warning, when we lock up we leave the key in the door if you leave it at the right angle they can actually push their key in to push yours out of the otherside. my letterbox is at the bottom of the door so made it quite easy for them.

Beth__WDW23/6/02
06-03-2009, 04:13 AM
How awful {:hug:}

It makes me physically sick how people do this.
We've been burgled once (once is enough) the feeling of coming home to all your belongings gone,and the house raided is overwhelming..the babies (eldest now) nursery was ransacked..Sadly like someone else said it's becoming a common problem now.:headache:

I'm sorry to hear about your children reacting like that :sad1:

Hope you manage to sort everything out, x

wicket2005
06-03-2009, 04:18 AM
So very sorry to hear about this and to others that it has happened to. Sending you lots of :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: and hope you all recover soon from the shock.

snookhams
06-03-2009, 04:21 AM
I am really sorry that this has happened - when I was about 13 our house was burgled, we had only lived there 10 days and I can remember clearly how I felt then and for a long time afterwards, in fact my parents moved my DS and my beds into there room for a while as we could not sleep (they said it was whilst we were decorating and easier to have us all in one room). All you can do is support your children and reasure them, sending you a bit :grouphug: to help a little

jjpenguin
06-03-2009, 04:23 AM
So sorry to hear this. We were burgled a year ago and I know how it feels.

Sending you lots of :grouphug::grouphug:

Snowy-girls
06-03-2009, 04:27 AM
I am so sorry :hug:.And your poor children :sad2:.
When i lived with my nan+grandad we were away at our caravan,and my mum rang to say we had been burgled,i was about 8/9.I still remember now so clearly walking in our house and our stuff just thrown about everywhere etc...+our dog missing,it was terribly upsetting+i ended up sleeping in with my nan+grandad for about a month+when i did go back into my own bed-i ended up bed wetting for a while-these sick,evil people just don't realise what they do to you emotionally-but then i don't suppose they would-they have no hearts :sad2:.I hope all is well with yourselves and your children soon,it will take time :hug:.

Do the police have anything to go on yet?.x.

mandymouse
06-03-2009, 05:01 AM
:hug: I'm so sorry that this has happened to you, sending you lots of hugs :hug:

Goofysmate
06-03-2009, 05:35 AM
What a terrible thing to have happened to you & your family.
Think you are all in need of a :grouphug:

Cinderella2006
06-03-2009, 05:43 AM
How dreadful, sending you a big hug :hug:

Take care, glad you are all safe :grouphug:

natalielongstaff
06-03-2009, 06:04 AM
There are no words !!!!!

:hug: so sorry this happened to you xx

Goofyish
06-03-2009, 06:13 AM
:grouphug:

T16GEM
06-03-2009, 06:27 AM
So sorry to hear that this has happened to you, I can't believe some people :hug:

Natasha&Matt
06-03-2009, 06:34 AM
How awful hun i am very sorry to hear this hope u and you family can recover from this soon x :grouphug:

irisheyes123
06-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Sorry this happened to you and your family :hug:

wideeyes
06-03-2009, 06:48 AM
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: awful

jen_uk
06-03-2009, 06:59 AM
That is really terrible :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

gemmybear83
06-03-2009, 07:18 AM
So sorry to hear this has happened to you :hug: we were broken into when we rented a flat about 3 years ago - they broken in through the day and took our tv, playstation, cds, dvds etc but they also took my boyfriend's car :scared1: the car was recovered that evening, and to be honest I bet they were disapointed when they broke in as it was our first flat and didnt have any expensive possessions!

We were lucky as we rented we moved out within a couple of weeks as our tenancy was up. I was really paranoid about leaving the house empty after that but I promise it gets easier in time. I am still very concious about leaving lights on timers, making sure the alarm is on zones etc when we are out but I don't think thats a bad thing :hug:

darthtatty
06-03-2009, 07:46 AM
thats terrible, how can some people live with themselves.:sad2:

lagunn
06-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Dirty rotten scum. :mad:
Probably someone that doesnt work and feel why should they becauise they can take from all us hard working people..
It makes me sooooo angry.
So sorry your children have been so badly affected by all this..
Thing is if they are caught they will probably get a slap on the wrist and a token fine, they will do it all again because the deterent isnt there to stop them..

craigs bride
06-03-2009, 08:52 AM
big hugs to you and your family ....my family were burgled years ago and i can still remember the shock of it all but it does fade in time !:hug:

poppie123
06-03-2009, 09:08 AM
:hug:

Gaynor
06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
What awful news, sending hugs to you and your family :hug:

Deedee
06-03-2009, 12:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this. It is my worst nightmare :hug:

Claire L
06-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Not good :(

But at least you and your family were not attacked and seriously hurt :grouphug:

Nathan always maintains it is best to leave your car keys near the door as they can take them if they really want them, as long as we do not get hurt. After all a car etc can be replaced a life cannot. If they seriously want to get something then they may hurt who ever gets in their way.

Claire ;)

joolz1910
06-03-2009, 01:10 PM
We were broken in to for the third time last Friday night. They didn't get in to the main part of the house this time, so it wasn't as bad. It has shaken me because I am such a light sleeper and I didn't wake up. Three houses/cars were done on our street in one go.

:hug: I know how it feels and I hope this never happens to you again.

CarolynU
06-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Oh dear, I feel so sorry for you all. Such a shock, and emotionally draining. I hope they catch these people, lock them up and throw away the key!

tennisfan
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
:hug:

Trilli-magic
06-04-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm so sorry that this happened to you :hug::hug::hug:
I really hope your kids will be able to get over it soon :hug:

Pinky166
06-04-2009, 10:27 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, big hugs to you & your family. :hug:

It has fortunately never happened to me & I can not begin to imagine how you feel. I have an alarm fitted with seperate zones so you can alarm just the downstairs at night & then the whole house when you go out. That makes me feel secure, along with a panic button next to my bed, all are connected to the police. We even have a baseball bat under our bed. It makes me sad to think that when I was a kid we never even used to lock the front door - I am only 33! What is the world coming too! :sad2:

thelittlemermaid83
06-04-2009, 03:07 PM
:hug: so sorry this happened to you.

Ware Bears
06-04-2009, 05:02 PM
So sorry to read this. Hugs for both of you, Andrea :grouphug: and Juliette. :grouphug:

joolz1910
06-04-2009, 05:13 PM
So sorry to read this. Hugs for both of you, Andrea :grouphug: and Juliette. :grouphug:

Thanks Elaine. We were luckier than Andrea because he couldn't get into the main part of the house. It leaves you feeling very vulnerable and angry. Our first break-in happened when I was alone in bed. The burglar was caught and turned out to be a very violent offender. I was lucky.

The second, I arrived home and disturbed them. I was with DD (then 3) and luckily they fled out the back door. I phoned the police and was reporting the break-in, when I heard a noise upstairs. The next thing the phone was cut off. I have never been so terrified in my life. The police came blazing round with sirens, dogs etc. The neighbours thought I'd been murdered. I still don't know how I got cut off because there was nobody upstairs.:confused3

comingtodisney
06-05-2009, 07:26 AM
thanks for everyones kind words :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: , just got home from work and there was a message on the phone from the police to say the car has been retrieved, and to ring them to find out where they have taken it for fingerprinting. just waiting for dh to get home in about 15 mins before ringing. keeping fingers crossed that they have not caused to much damage, will update you all later.

PoppyAnna
06-05-2009, 08:48 AM
thanks for everyones kind words :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: , just got home from work and there was a message on the phone from the police to say the car has been retrieved, and to ring them to find out where they have taken it for fingerprinting. just waiting for dh to get home in about 15 mins before ringing. keeping fingers crossed that they have not caused to much damage, will update you all later.

Thats great news:thumbsup2
Meant to mention to you, although not a nice thought, if you have a local markets sometimes they are worth a visit as you might see your things for sale:sad2:
Awful that you have to consider doing this but it happened to my friend and she managed to find most of her jewellery and picture frames for sale in Greenwich market.

natalielongstaff
06-05-2009, 08:50 AM

good news hopefully :thumbsup2

tennisfan
06-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Good to hear the car has been found, hopefully they haven't damaged it

Nix
06-05-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm sorry this has happened to you, it one of my big fears *Hugs* I'm soo glad the police have found your car, hopefully they'll get something from the finger prints and will be able to catch whoever has done this.

mandymouse
06-05-2009, 10:20 AM

I'm pleased that your car has been found :wizard: Fingers crossed that it isn't damaged

comingtodisney
06-05-2009, 11:14 AM
the car has been badly damaged, now we have to wait and see if it can be repaired or if they are going to write it off, the police did capture one of the lads in the car but the others got away :mad:

natalielongstaff
06-05-2009, 11:19 AM
the car has been badly damaged, now we have to wait and see if it can be repaired or if they are going to write it off, the police did capture one of the lads in the car but the others got away :mad:

:sad2: at least they caught one !!

Gaynor
06-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Glad they caught one, but sorry to hear about the damage.

joolz1910
06-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear about the damage to your car. I'm glad that they caught one of them.

Cyrano
06-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Sorry to hear about this :grouphug:

Minniespal
06-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Sorry to hear your news:hug:

jen_uk
06-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Glad they got one, hope he turns his friends in! :hug:

Snowy-girls
06-05-2009, 05:29 PM
So glad that one was caught,sorry about the car :hug:.x.