PDA

View Full Version : Disney Vacation Club is coming to Boston! Updated w/pics Page 12

pyrxtc
06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Goodies for all who sit for presentation in theater -A few DVC branded items were given away throughout the show, such as: binoculars, passport holder & luggage tags, and special DVC Mickey ears.

Pictures of the free stuff page 11.

I just got the e-mail that it will be here this month !!! Yahoo !! Can't wait to see what it will be like and hope to see a bunch of you there !!!

http://f.chtah.com/i/16/401993038/052209_hdr1_minv.jpg

http://f.chtah.com/i/16/401993038/052209_we_invite.gif

http://f.chtah.com/i/16/401993038/052209_txt_ev_rt.jpg

If anyone wants to go but didn't get the invite, PM me your e-mail and I will forward it to you so you can register I hope it will work that way. It looks like they are sending two waves of invites, some other DVC members added 1 pm and 7 pm to Saturday's times. So it is probably a 2 hour event to give them 1 hour to clean up and re-set ??

Anyone meeting up here ? I know I am meeting at least one. Maybe we should all get some Lime Green stuff to wear ?

Also, we are looking forward to reports from those who are going tonight. :cool1::worship::banana:

Thursday 7 pm
oakmanner -Lawrence, MA
Rpsemont - Western MA

Friday at 7:00
Dawn16 - MA
Rhode Island Quahog - Winchester, Massachusetts
RLRDA - RI
Nicsmom - Raynham, MA
twinklebug - Raynham, MA

Saturday 10 am
princessfionasmom - MA
Paticake - NW of Boston
TLinden16 - Boston
DisneyWhirled - Maine
horselover - MA
monorailmom -
ekball -
kpm76 -
goofy4tink -

Saturday 1pm
Hedy - MA

Saturday 4 pm
pyrxtc - Newbury, NH
BCV513 -
dgaston -
cpdwiz - Western MA
hillview ?
WDW_Jill - Worcester, MA
LisaS - MA
KevGuy - Stoughton, MA
swanwed6206 - MA
JasonDVC - RI
travelin' tigger - Millis, MA
3DisneyKids - Southern ME
STAYC18 - TAUNTON, MA
Debrn - Berkley,MA
Sand - Boston, MA
HookdonWDW - CT

Sunday 10 am
mejkjj97 - MA

Sunday 4 pm
TomD - NH
DVCJones -
peanmunch - RI
Tink-aholic - NH

Sunday 7 pm
athenna -
twinmomplus2new - from the Cape
DonDiegoDeLaVega - East Bridgewater, MA.

Details of night Page 8 post #108

Happy to announce that - Rpsemont - has won the grand prize giveaway for her session. A one week stay at an RCI property from a reserved special RCI website. Page 9 post # 123

She also posted about parking and more details about incentives and stuff in that same post.

pyrxtc
06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
responding to my own thread in Know, but Woohoowoohoowoohoo !!! Never thought they'd make it close enough to me to go !!!

princessfionasmom
06-02-2009, 10:06 AM
I just posted the same thing! I am so excited, when are you going?

BCV513
06-02-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm confirmed for the Saturday at 4pm! I never thought they'd come here. :cool1:

Embel
06-02-2009, 10:10 AM
I just got the email.

Has anyone been to one of these before? What is it like?

princessfionasmom
06-02-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm confirmed for the Saturday at 4pm! I never thought they'd come here. :cool1:

I know, me too, I thought I'd have to travel far to visit one of these events :cool1::cool1:! I just registered for Sat @ 10am. Can't wait!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ba nana:

MadilynnsMomma
06-02-2009, 10:32 AM
How do I sign up?

TIA

DopeyDave
06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
How do I sign up?

Yes, I'm interested too! Will be in Boston 8-11 for vacation before driving out to the Cape! Would be fun to pop in on this, whatever it is!! Anything Disney/DVC can't be bad!

goofy4tink
06-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I still haven't gotten the email but registered through my friend.

cpdwiz
06-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Sounds like fun....We will see!

Paticake
06-02-2009, 12:22 PM
We signed up for Sat. at 10. Wondering what it will be like. We are leaving on the 27th so we thought this would be a good trip warm up. See you there.

TLinden16
06-02-2009, 12:54 PM
I still haven't gotten the email but registered through my friend.

Wow. You must have a really nice friend who was considerate enough to register you to accompany them when they go to the event. You are lucky to have that friend in your life.

BTW, I'm the friend. hehe.

We are signed up for Saturday at 10:00 as well.

ETA: I have now received four confirmations of my registration. So kind of Disney to keep on reminding me about the event. hehe

princessfionasmom
06-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Wow. You must have a really nice friend who was considerate enough to register you to accompany them when they go to the event. You are lucky to have that friend in your life.

ETA: I have now received four confirmations of my registration. So kind of Disney to keep on reminding me about the event. hehe

So glad I'm not the only one who received 4 confirmations, for a second I thought I did something wrong. BTW, you are a really good friend, I'm taking my sister who isn't as big of a Disney nut as I am but she does love it.

tea pot
06-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the post.. No e-mail yet.. When are they comming..We're just 9 miles North of Boston would love to go..

ekball
06-02-2009, 01:27 PM
No email for me yet. :confused3 What is the date? Can I register on the DVC website or is it just through a link from the email. We are in CT, but may make the trip for something fun to do on a Sat.

dgaston
06-02-2009, 01:44 PM
I registered for Saturday at 4pm. I am part of a Parent Orientation at college in the am, so will miss goofy4tink, and TLinden16. It would have been nice to meet them outside the Transportation board! ;)

I know they'll try to sell me more points, but I'm hoping for a cool pin or something.

I also got one original confirmation, and then 3 others. I guess they really want me to come!

athenna
06-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I havent registered yet, but I plan to...The only one I'd be able to attend is the Sunday night @ 7pm.

goofy4tink
06-02-2009, 02:15 PM

Niiiice, they get you four confirmation emails and can't send me just one to let me know what's going on.
Dh says it's ridiculously easy for me to get there...straight shot for me. And he said I can buy more points!!!

pyrxtc
06-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I registered for Saturday at 4 pm. Baseball in the morning or else I would have tried to be at both on Saturday ! I wish I could go Thursday.

What do you think we'll get to do there ?

melk
06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
I didn't get the email yet!! Is there any way to register without getting the email?

(Also starting to get impatient as I didn't get my planner yet either!!:rolleyes1)

DisneyWhirled
06-02-2009, 03:20 PM
We are coming from Maine and will be there on Saturday at 10AM.

Looking forward to meeting some of you!!

LisaS
06-02-2009, 05:39 PM
I registered for Saturday at 4pm.

I registered for Saturday at 4 pm.

Me too! See you both there!

cpdwiz
06-02-2009, 06:08 PM
(1)Where you are coming from

(2)What time is your reservation...

We are coming from Western Mass, and we will be there, Jess and I, ill be wearing my DVC Member t-shirt at the Saturday at 4pm.....Nice, a little dose of disney, then some legal seafoods.....mmmmmm:cool1:

hillview
06-02-2009, 06:50 PM
I registered Sat at 1 pm :)
Hope I can talk hubby into it!
/hillary

pyrxtc
06-02-2009, 07:01 PM
I registered Sat at 1 pm :)
Hope I can talk hubby into it!
/hillary

Saturday at 1 pm ? I don't remember that option ? Must have meant 4 but hit the number below it ?

hillview
06-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Saturday at 1 pm ? I don't remember that option ? Must have meant 4 but hit the number below it ?

Nope -- 4 wasn't an option for me (just checked my confirmation email) it is 1 pm on the 20th. They only had 1 and 7 pm for Saturday. Maybe 2 email blasts with different times to deal with the masses :)?
/hillary

horselover
06-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Just registered for Sat. @ 10:00. Now I just have to break the news to DH. Not sure he'll be as excited about it as me because he knows I want more pts.! :laughing: If nothing else we'll get to see the new models & then have a nice family day out in town. Not something we do very often. Hope to meet some of you there!

MadilynnsMomma
06-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Do you have to be a current Vacation Club member to go to this event?

pyrxtc
06-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Nope -- 4 wasn't an option for me (just checked my confirmation email) it is 1 pm on the 20th. They only had 1 and 7 pm for Saturday. Maybe 2 email blasts with different times to deal with the masses :)?
/hillary

Must have been.... Mine said this....

Experience all new Disney interactive entertainment, great giveaways, tasty snacks, and learn all about new event-only incentives to help you make the most out of your Membership!

The following dates and times are available:

Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 7pm

Friday, June 19, 2009 at 7 pm

Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 10 am

Saturday, June 20, 2009 at 4 pm

Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 7 pm

princessfionasmom
06-02-2009, 08:22 PM
The invitation does say "mix and mingle with other members . . " but does not say for members only, anyone else?

swanwed6206
06-02-2009, 09:44 PM
The email states: we invite you and your family... so my guess is it's invite only, but I can't see them not wanting prospects; there is a phone number provided for questions (888-251-1702) so if one is not a member and would like to go I would suggest calling. :)

MadilynnsMomma
06-02-2009, 09:47 PM
The email states: we invite you and your family... so my guess is it's invite only, but I can't see them not wanting prospects; there is a phone number provided for questions (888-251-1702) so if one is not a member and would like to go I would suggest calling. :)

Thanks so much for the info - I'll be sure to call 'em tomorrow!

twinmomplus2new
06-02-2009, 10:56 PM
We are coming from the Cape and are registered for Sunday at 7pm.

oakmanner
06-02-2009, 11:13 PM
My wife and I are registered for Thursday the 18th @ 7:00 PM. We're only 30 minutes away so going on a week night is no big deal. Anyone elso going on Thursday?

-Dennis

monorailmom
06-03-2009, 07:30 AM
I only live a few minutes from Boston--how do I get an invite??? What does PM mean--I;m still new at this!

TLinden16
06-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Niiiice, they get you four confirmation emails and can't send me just one to let me know what's going on.
Dh says it's ridiculously easy for me to get there...straight shot for me. And he said I can buy more points!!!

Did you whine to him about how you want to have more points than me? Is that why he is letting you buy more? So it will shut you up?

Or maybe, he's letting you buy more points so that you will go away and leave him and peace more ;)

Diane, why are you friends with me? hehe. All's I do is give you grief.

princessfionasmom
06-03-2009, 07:39 AM
I only live a few minutes from Boston--how do I get an invite??? What does PM mean--I;m still new at this!

You could call the phone number swanwed6206 mentioned in her post at the top of this page. Also PM means Private Message which can be sent to a poster by clicking on the posters name and the click on send private message to . . .

monorailmom
06-03-2009, 08:12 AM
I just called member services at the DVC, and the guide was able to hook me up with the RSVP website. We're going Sat. morning 10:00am!

Now it really will be a magical day! :)

WDW_Jill
06-03-2009, 08:40 AM
I got the email and will be there 4 pm on Saturday. I have a friday slot as well but don't know if we can make it.
Do you know what will this entail?
Can't wait:thumbsup2

LisaS
06-03-2009, 08:44 AM
It's primarily a sales pitch to get us to buy more points. I expect they will try to make it as much fun as possible as they try to convince us to hand over our credit cards. :rotfl: It sounds like there will be some snacks and a few prizes handed out to a lucky few.

I'll be there at 4pm on Saturday as well. I will be the one muttering to myself: "Must... not... buy... more... points... Must... not... buy... more.... points." We'll see if I crack under the pressure!

WDW_Jill
06-03-2009, 09:02 AM
I will be the one wit ha crazy 1 yr old and a 6 yr old boy trying to keep the disney visa in my pocket

KevGuy
06-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Yup, got the message and will be there Saturday at 4pm myself. :banana:

DonDiegoDeLaVega
06-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Wife and i will be going....Sunday @ 7pm...Hope to add on a BLT Contract..with some super discounts!!!. See you all there!!!!

popstar7867
06-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Anyone going Sunday at 1 PM??

WDW_Jill
06-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Where did you get the BLT banner for your profile?

Dawn16
06-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Sounds like we'll be alone there on Friday at 7:00. Makes sense for us though as we work in town and can just take the T over afterwards vs. dealing with driving in and parking on a weekend.

pyrxtc
06-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Where did you get the BLT banner for your profile?

If you're talking to Swanwed...., then she got it from me. I created it. To put it in your sig, just right click and go down to properties, copy the website http and then open your sig and add it as a pic. Viola... instant sig BLT for you.

WDW_Jill
06-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the BLT pic:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

twinklebug
06-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Sounds like we'll be alone there on Friday at 7:00. Makes sense for us though as we work in town and can just take the T over afterwards vs. dealing with driving in and parking on a weekend.

Which T stop is this event at?

I work over near BackBay & it might make sense for me to do as you're doing: work late on Friday (*gulp*) and get home late ... possibly a few K poorer :rotfl:.

swanwed6206
06-03-2009, 09:59 PM
If memory serves - It is on the silver line - Seaport. We are confirmed for Sat. at 4. I feel we might end up with some extra BLT pts. by week's end...:confused3

swanwed6206
06-03-2009, 10:00 PM
If you're talking to Swanwed...., then she got it from me. I created it. To put it in your sig, just right click and go down to properties, copy the website http and then open your sig and add it as a pic. Viola... instant sig BLT for you.

Thanks pyrxtc!!! I forgot where I got it from!!!!!

JasonDVC
06-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Just registered. We'll be there Saturday at 4pm

goofy4tink
06-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Did you whine to him about how you want to have more points than me? Is that why he is letting you buy more? So it will shut you up?

Or maybe, he's letting you buy more points so that you will go away and leave him and peace more ;)

Diane, why are you friends with me? hehe. All's I do is give you grief.
Not really sure! I may have to give this some thought.:lmao:

Dawn16
06-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Which T stop is this event at?

I work over near BackBay & it might make sense for me to do as you're doing: work late on Friday (*gulp*) and get home late ... possibly a few K poorer :rotfl:.

Its actually the World Trade Stop on the Silver Line. Or you can walk easily enough from South Station on the red line. I work in Back Bay as well so we'll be doing the same green/red/silver line thing.

ekball
06-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Phew! Finally wrangled an invite from my DVC guide! We'll be there Sat. morning. Incidently (and this may be old news, just repeating what my guide said on the phone), the current incentives expire before the event. My guide suggested locking in at the current incentives, if we decide to add on, then seeing what is offered at the event where they can update to the new incentives if they are better. He also speculated that they will not be better ("they usually aren't"). :confused3 Guess we'll see.

kpm76
06-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Anyone know what to expect at the event? We are really not in the market to add on at this point, but saw that Mickey and Minne would be there so we thought our 2 yr old DD would love that. Just trying to assess if it's worth the trip for us....

WDW_Jill
06-05-2009, 06:10 AM
WE are not planning on buying points since we just bought BLT. I am going just to see stuff as well.

travelin' tigger
06-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Will see a bunch of you at 4pm Saturday!! :goodvibes

TLinden16
06-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Anyone know what to expect at the event? We are really not in the market to add on at this point, but saw that Mickey and Minne would be there so we thought our 2 yr old DD would love that. Just trying to assess if it's worth the trip for us....

I don't know, but my guess is it will be kind of a combination welcome home wednesday/merry mixer type thing. They'll give us the opportunity to mix and mingle with other members, give us something to eat, and then give us the pitch, and have some oportunities to win prizes.

I'm not looking to add on points, but it's something to do on a Saturday morning, and I'll get to see some friends, and meet other DVC members.

pyrxtc
06-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I don't know, but my guess is it will be kind of a combination welcome home wednesday/merry mixer type thing. They'll give us the opportunity to mix and mingle with other members, give us something to eat, and then give us the pitch, and have some oportunities to win prizes.

I'm not looking to add on points, but it's something to do on a Saturday morning, and I'll get to see some friends, and meet other DVC members.

Just added 50 points here so it's not happening again so soon. But it sounds like fun to go to and I'm thinking it will be sort of like the Merry Mixer with some rooms to tour and a sales pitch thrown in. maybe add some Doorway To Dreams stuff in, that I've read about. I would love some free swag but more than anything, I am bringing my mom and BF since neither have ever been to Disney and I am trying to entice them to come with me. I am thinking they will have an AKV room and a BLT room to show off but they may surprise me.

Anyone else have any guesses what they might be offering ??

pyrxtc
06-05-2009, 08:52 AM
If it is anything similiar to this one, I am going to have a blast.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/lindamac/2008/05/not_ready_dvc_travel_expo_at_t.html

WDW_Jill
06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Hey I just saw we are going to disney the same time in september and it looks like you are without kids too

pyrxtc
06-05-2009, 11:13 AM
well I'm with one kid, my DD 11. I tried to switch to BLT MK view but couldn't get it. So I stayed with my AKV's concierge room.

kpm76
06-05-2009, 11:56 AM

Thanks! It sounds fun :) We registered for Sat at 10am so hope to see some of you there :thumbsup2

twinklebug
06-05-2009, 03:43 PM
ZAP... cause I'm a fool :p

oakmanner
06-05-2009, 08:18 PM
twinklebug the event is not until June 18, 19, 20 & 21.

twinklebug
06-05-2009, 08:28 PM
twinklebug the event is not until June 18, 19, 20 & 21.

HA! good thing I didn't sign up and try to go :p
I need a vacation...

TomD
06-06-2009, 09:41 AM
we signed up for Sunday at 4. A fathers day present to myself :)

TomD
06-06-2009, 09:44 AM
double post

allaboutmm
06-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Yippy:banana: We are all signed up for Thursday night! See you there:goodvibes

DizDays
06-06-2009, 01:54 PM
I went to the event in Chicago. It was GREAT! And they had extra incentives over what was currently out there. We were in the middle of our contract process and ended up doing a rewrite.

HAVE FUN!!! I'm jealous.

RLRDA
06-07-2009, 07:31 AM
We just signed up for the Friday 7pm session! (FYI - It said that the Saturday 10am and 4pm session were full)

WDW_Jill
06-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Wonder how many people they are allowing at each session since Saturday is full:woohoo:

Rpsemont
06-14-2009, 11:51 AM
We just signed up for thrusday night, too! Me and DD. ANy other Western mass's making the trip?

princessfionasmom
06-14-2009, 01:57 PM
We just signed up for thrusday night, too! Me and DD. ANy other Western mass's making the trip?

If it's not too much to ask, would you mind posting afterwards and giving us an idea as to what we have to look forward to? We are going Sat AM and I'd like to be able to get my kids excited about it but I don't want to tell them about it until I know what to expect.

TIA,
Carmel

cpdwiz
06-14-2009, 06:53 PM

Going Sat from Exit 5 off the pike

Corinne
06-14-2009, 08:51 PM
I wonder how they decided WHICH members would receive invitations?:confused3

horselover
06-14-2009, 09:14 PM
Phew! Finally wrangled an invite from my DVC guide! We'll be there Sat. morning. Incidently (and this may be old news, just repeating what my guide said on the phone), the current incentives expire before the event. My guide suggested locking in at the current incentives, if we decide to add on, then seeing what is offered at the event where they can update to the new incentives if they are better. He also speculated that they will not be better ("they usually aren't"). :confused3 Guess we'll see.

Hmmm that's funny because my guide told me the exact opposite. He did say if you're interested in the current incentives go ahead & lock them in. However when I asked him if he knew anything about what would be offered at this event he said they hadn't been told much but the incentives at these events "tend to be above & beyond what we can offer you". I guess we'll find out which guide is correct.

WDW_Jill
06-15-2009, 06:32 AM
We are using this little event to introdcue our 1 yr old to Mickey/Minne since the following weekend we will be back at WDW. :dance3:

princessfionasmom
06-15-2009, 08:45 AM
I just added on @ BLT yesterday and my guide said she didn't know what the incentives will be @ the show but if they are better they will change my contract to reflect the better incentives if necessary. She actually put me on hold to see if she could find out what the show incentives would be but came back and said she wasn't able to get any show info. Guess we have to wait & see!

Rhode Island Quahog
06-15-2009, 10:05 AM
We're going too... on Friday! :)

horselover
06-15-2009, 01:48 PM
We're going too... on Friday! :)

Love your screen name!

Modeltrf
06-16-2009, 03:01 AM
Does anyone know if there is ample parking? I would rather drive if parking price is reasonable.

Or is it much better to take the T? I don't know much about the T.

WDW_Jill
06-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Does anyone know if there is ample parking? I would rather drive if parking price is reasonable.

It is near the children's museum. I usually can find a spot...but you will have to pay

goofy4tink
06-16-2009, 07:17 AM

I'll be driving in...dh says there is a ton of parking in the immediate area. Yes, you have to pay, but it is the big city!!!

Modeltrf
06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the parking info!

Hedy
06-16-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm going Saturday at 1pm, but I'm not a member (however, I took the tour being referred by my brother and DSIL (the DisneyMSF household)-I don't know if that matters. I'm looking forward to it.

3DisneyKids
06-16-2009, 06:27 PM
We'll be there on Saturday at 4pm, coming down from Southern Maine.

DVCJones
06-16-2009, 07:11 PM
We will be there on Sunday at 4pm. Anyone else????

STAYC18
06-16-2009, 08:05 PM
I'll be there on Saturday at 4:00

peanmunch
06-16-2009, 08:50 PM
We will be there Sunday at 4:00 :cool1:

Lori

RLRDA
06-17-2009, 07:24 AM
We will be there on Sunday at 4pm. Anyone else????

We will be there Sunday at 4:00 :cool1:

Lori

Right now we're registered for Friday @ 7pm but if our DS10 wins his little league playoff game tonight he'll have another on Friday night. If that's the case we're switching to go Sunday @ 4pm, too :goodvibes.

Edit: OK, no little league game on Friday after all - so we are still going Fri. @ 7pm

JasonDVC
06-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Looks like the OP gave up on uopdating the list of attendees. LOL

pyrxtc
06-17-2009, 11:09 AM
sorry, I'll fix that tonight !

Rpsemont
06-17-2009, 03:59 PM
If it's not too much to ask, would you mind posting afterwards and giving us an idea as to what we have to look forward to? We are going Sat AM and I'd like to be able to get my kids excited about it but I don't want to tell them about it until I know what to expect.

TIA,
Carmel

I'll do my best. Maybe I can get DD to post on the way home. I'll be doing a 2 hour drive, and then have to be at work the next morning.
I'm always very appreciative of when other people provide information so I'm really going to try and make it work.

DVCJones
06-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Right now we're registered for Friday @ 7pm but if our DS10 wins his little league playoff game tonight he'll have another on Friday night. If that's the case we're switching to go Sunday @ 4pm, too :goodvibes.

I hope your son wins his game. Maybe we will see you there:)

Peanmunch, I plan on wearing something that indicates that I am a DISer.
Perhaps a lime green mickey head or my DIS t-shirt.

pyrxtc
06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
all fixed and updated as of 9 pm 6-17-09

LisaS
06-17-2009, 08:50 PM
all fixed and updated as of 9 pm 6-17-09I don't see goofy4tink listed. She's going with TLinden16 on Saturday morning. You have me listed twice in the Saturday afternoon group.

Thanks for putting the list together!

Nicsmom
06-18-2009, 05:22 AM
We're going to the 7 o'clock show on Friday also.

We can't wait to go...this will be a Disney fix for us until we head South next February.

twinklebug
06-18-2009, 06:48 AM
We're going to the 7 o'clock show on Friday also.

We can't wait to go...this will be a Disney fix for us until we head South next February.

From one Raynham family to another: 'See' you there tomorrow! (along with a few hundred other dvc fans, hehe) What a perfect way to end out the school year! :wizard:

Debrn
06-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Hello Raynham, We are going Sat. at 4pm.

Sand
06-18-2009, 08:37 AM
We will be there Saturday at 4 as well! :banana:

Dawn16
06-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks for updating. Just noticed you're from Newbury, NH. My parents live there and run the Blue Goose Inn. Nice area!

all fixed and updated as of 9 pm 6-17-09

HookdonWDW
06-18-2009, 09:20 AM
We'll be meeting everyone who makes it to the 4pm session on Saturday!

Fall1
06-18-2009, 05:43 PM
We are either going Friday at 4 or Sunday at 10. We can't decide if we should bring the kids or not....Friday is without and Sunday would be with. They are 2 year old twins!

HookdonWDW
06-18-2009, 05:59 PM
We are either going Friday at 4 or Sunday at 10. We can't decide if we should bring the kids or not....Friday is without and Sunday would be with. They are 2 year old twins!

Since I'm going on Saturday, I say "Go on... bring the twins with you!" :rotfl2:

On the more serious side you know your kids best - do they enjoy this kind of thing, or would it make better mommy and daddy time?

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a blast!

twinklebug
06-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Also, we are looking forward to reports from those who are going tonight. :cool1::worship::banana:

Thursday 7 pm
oakmanner -Lawrence, MA
Rpsemont - Western MA.

Any updates? I'd love to know if leaving my Credit card at home tomorrow will be a smart move or a big mistake! :rotfl:

oakmanner
06-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Hello! Just back from the DVC event in Boston and had a wonderful time. :cool1:

The show started promptly at 7:00pm with a visit from the "Wish Master" taking center stage.

The show consisted of a combination of entertainment in the form of castmembers singing Disney tunes integrated with the DVC hosts asking questions of the audience in which we answered with key pads that they provided. A few DVC branded items were given away throughout the show, such as: binoculars, passport holder & luggage tags, and special DVC Mickey ears.

The DVC hosts focused on "Adventures by Disney", "RCI", and other ways to use your DVC points other than at a DVC resort.

At the conclusion of the presentation, the DVC hosts mentioned that they were offering special deals to only attendees at the Boston DVC event. They were for BLT only.

100 pts = $16 off making it $96 per pt.

Didn't write all of the remaining tiers down, but the savings increased with the more points you purchased.

As the show ended, Mickey and Minnie burst into the auditorium and invited everyone to a dance party in another area. In that room, there was a DJ and music, Mickey and Minnie dancing, and photo opps with Aladdin, the Fairy Godmother and Cinderella, as well as Mickey and Minnie.

Food offerings consisted of coffee, tea, lemonade, assorted pastries, fruit, pretzels, etc.

All in all, a good time. If you're thinking of adding on at BLT it's a good opportunity.

DizDays
06-18-2009, 10:43 PM
We went to the one in Chicago. Sounds exactly the same. As you mentioned, they really highlighted Adventures by Disney, Disney Collection, and RCI. Having read so many other posts of how hard these are to get, it feels a little like a bait and switch; however, I'll have to judge for myself when I try to book one.

I'm glad you had such a good time!!

Modeltrf
06-18-2009, 10:45 PM

The show started promptly at 7:00pm with a visit from the "Wish Master" taking center stage.

The show consisted of a combination of entertainment in the form of castmembers singing Disney tunes integrated with the DVC hosts asking questions of the audience in which we answered with key pads that they provided. A few DVC branded items were given away throughout the show, such as: binoculars, passport holder & luggage tags, and special DVC Mickey ears.

The DVC hosts focused on "Adventures by Disney", "RCI", and other ways to use your DVC points other than at a DVC resort.

At the conclusion of the presentation, the DVC hosts mentioned that they were offering special deals to only attendees at the Boston DVC event. They were for BLT only.

Didn't write all of the remaining tiers down, but the savings increased with the more points you purchased.

As the show ended, Mickey and Minnie burst into the auditorium and invited everyone to a dance party in another area. In that room, there was a DJ and music, Mickey and Minnie dancing, and photo opps with Aladdin, the Fairy Godmother and Cinderella, as well as Mickey and Minnie.

Food offerings consisted of coffee, tea, lemonade, assorted pastries, fruit, pretzels, etc.

All in all, a good time. If you're thinking of adding on at BLT it's a good opportunity.

Thanks so much for the info!!!

I will be there Friday night. I was wondering if my kids would have a good time. Now I know they will. They love to dance with Mickey.

LisaS
06-18-2009, 10:49 PM
I was hoping they would give away a free trip, like they have done during events in other cities. No grand prize giveaway?

oakmanner
06-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Yes they did, sorry, I forgot to mention it. It was a seven night stay in any Disney Passport Collection hotel.

LisaS
06-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Yes they did, sorry, I forgot to mention it. It was a seven night stay in any Disney Passport Collection hotel.Nice! I'm surprised they didn't offer any incentives for AKV, and glad too since that would be the only resort that would tempt me and I really don't need more points.

Thanks for the report!!

Disneymooner07
06-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Sorry to be ignorant, but what is RCI? Thanks!!:thumbsup2

oakmanner
06-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Sorry to be ignorant, but what is RCI? Thanks!!:thumbsup2

Resorts Condominium International

Disneymooner07
06-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Thank you! I'm really looking forward to the presentation tomorrow!

Tink-aholic
06-19-2009, 05:22 AM
We'll be there Sunday at 4PM. See you there!

RLRDA
06-19-2009, 05:45 AM
I was hoping they would give away a free trip, like they have done during events in other cities. No grand prize giveaway?

Yes they did, sorry, I forgot to mention it. It was a seven night stay in any Disney Passport Collection hotel.

So, will they give away a free trip at each session?? That would be great!

pyrxtc
06-19-2009, 05:46 AM

Did everyone get it all or just random give-aways ??? I want all of it !!! Especially the luggage tags and ears !! Yeah, the binoculars would work great too but my kids would fight over them while we are watching the animals at AKV's. LOL!

Thank you for the report !!

JESW
06-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Have fun in Boston! We weren't able to go, but the funny thing is is that we are going to the BLT one when we are in Disney next week! :thumbsup2

Jill

oakmanner
06-19-2009, 07:28 AM
Yes, except for the Grand Prize, everyone received each of the gifts mentioned!

horselover
06-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Did they have any models set up? I was really hoping to see the BLT model. I don't think we'll be adding on, but it's good to see what it looks like in case we want to stay there some day.

Rpsemont
06-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Hi All!

Had hoped to have DD (14) write up something last night on the way home, but we couldn't get the computer to work. Glad oakmanner posted as I just have a little time right now.

So a few clarifications: I would not call the grand prize a one week stay in a Disney Passport Collection hotel, but was instead a one week stay at an RCI property from a reserved special RCI website. It was explained that inventory changes daily, that you log onto the site, see what inventory is there, see if anything interests you, suggested that if you see something that interest you, do a google search and read reviews (indicating that there be some offerings that are less than stellar), That there is usually more availability closer to the travel date, but can be availability up to 9 months in advance and that sometimes for a fee you can upgrade. Later, when talking with the RCI people, they said although the certificate had a date of 5/16/09 and said it was valid for one year; in fact, the clock starts ticking when you register the certificate. It was made clear that most peak travel dates would not be offered. So how do I know all this????? Because I was the winner! :cool1: So, we already have some travel on the horizon for this summer, so I probably won't log in to use it until late August. The certificate reads a little like the time share promo certificates that sometimes end up not being able to be used at all, but I will wait and see and time will tell. We'd love to try something different and maybe stay on the gulf coast, and DD will have the first week of March off next year, so we're thinking maybe Sanibel Island - here we come. :cheer2:Of course, they made it clear you can't search by location, just have to scan availability.

As far as the rest of the evening, we had a good time. Definitely get there early, as we arrived right before 7PM and already all the people directing you were gone. It's a HUGE complex and I would think if you arrive at the time the event starts you might never find your way to where you need to be. I reviewed parking options at http://boston.bestparking.com. While there was a $6 lot about 5 blocks away, because of the rain and because it was night and I didn't know the neighborhood, I parked in the $12 lot almost right across the street. Since I'm not a city person, I wasn't used to the unattended parking lot etiquette - which is pull up to gate, insert credit card - PRESS THE OK (GREEN) button and the gate opens. When you leave, you just pull up to the gate and it will open.

The crowd was about 1/3 capacity, I would say, so for those there, especially the young kids there was premium dance with MInnie and Mickie time. Besides Aladin, Cinderella and Fairy Godmother, there was also the Genie. They gave away some pins during the dance party part. There was a kids club set up for the time of the presentation, but if your kids are old enough to sit still for 45 minutes or so, take them into the theater. Everyone in the theater gets the free gifts - although only those 18 year or over can register for the grand prize.

Here are the other price breaks
It was explained that current price is $112, with a possible $5 pp discount.
It was explained if you're currently financing through DVC, then you can get additional financing - no questions asked! and of course, no closing costs.
EVENT ONLY Discounts:
100 points - $16 per point off - so $96 per point
The next price break was at 160 points, and our notes aren't clear, but I think that might $18 pff per point.
Then 200 points - which is $20 pp off - netting purchase price to $92 pp
320 points (done as 2 160 point contracts so you can split them for you children ;)) net $90 pp
And for the BIG spenders of 500 points or more - $24 off per point - so $88 per point.

If I had funds, I might be tended to buy to flip, but that's not the case with me - so I was good and kept my credit card in my wallet:)

They ONLY offered BLT.

Overall,it was a nice evening. If you have young kids and want a Disney fix, it's a good time. If you want to add on anyway, it's probably a GREAT deal.
If I hadn't won the grand prize, it probably would have just passed the "worth it" mark, as I drove 2 hours to get there ($20 gas, $8 tolls, $12 parking) BUT I did get those great Disney vacation Club MICKET EARS:cheer2:

princessfionasmom
06-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Congratulations Rpsemont!!!! That's awesome!!! You'll have to let us know how you make out with your free week.

Did they have any room models set up? I'm really hoping they do.
Carmel

BCV513
06-19-2009, 08:54 AM
To the people going on Saturday:

I heard on the radio this morning that the Seaport is also hosting tryouts for Deal or no Deal on Saturday. So get there early!

RLRDA
06-19-2009, 09:30 AM
So how do I know all this????? Because I was the winner! :cool1:

Overall,it was a nice evening. If you have young kids and want a Disney fix, it's a good time. If you want to add on anyway, it's probably a GREAT deal.
If I hadn't won the grand prize, it probably would have just passed the "worth it" mark, as I drove 2 hours to get there ($20 gas, $8 tolls, $12 parking) BUT I did get those great Disney vacation Club MICKET EARS:cheer2:

Wow, :cheer2: congratulations! That's fabulous....I was going to say that I hope a DISer wins tonight when we are going (actually I hope that DISer will be me - or my family! :lmao:) It's great that someone on this thread won!! Does every family member get a chance to win or just the adults? I'm hoping the capacity is lower tonight as well ;).

We only have about an hour drive and no tolls so I'm thinking it will be worth the ride (not even planning on winning the trip!) for the little DVC handouts and the dance party, etc. We are not planning any purchase tonight. If we add-on in the near future it'll be at BWV.

goofy4tink
06-19-2009, 09:39 AM

I heard on the radio this morning that the Seaport is also hosting tryouts for Deal or no Deal on Saturday. So get there early!

Thanks for the heads up...looks like I'll be leaving even earlier.

pyrxtc
06-19-2009, 09:42 AM
do you think we'll have time for both?? DS will be skipping his game so we'll be able to leave a little earlier. Is the casting to be on the show tomorrow night or another day? I can make any other evening but tomorrow.

twinklebug
06-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Congrats Rpsemont! :cool1: I hope you get Sanibel Island - it sounds so cool.

Thank you for posting your experience with the parking lot too - I'd have been clueless at the gate to the lot. :rotfl:

oakmanner
06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
No there were no models...

Here is one photo that I took:

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu102/oakmannerbucket/007-1.jpg

disney0505
06-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Do you need to purchase at the event or do they have a deadline to purchase? We are scheduled to go on Sunday. Do you need to call your guide to get the incentives or are they not involved since it is a separate event? $90 for 320 points at BLT sounds incredible.

mejkjj97
06-19-2009, 01:33 PM
We are going Sunday morning at 10 am! We can't wait!

RLRDA
06-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Does every family member get a chance to win or just the adults?

Sorry, I went back and read your post again and saw the answer to my question! Leaving in a few hours - :goodvibes

Rpsemont
06-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Do you need to purchase at the event or do they have a deadline to purchase? We are scheduled to go on Sunday. Do you need to call your guide to get the incentives or are they not involved since it is a separate event? $90 for 320 points at BLT sounds incredible.

You don't involve your guide at all. You can only purchase at the event at that time to get those incentives.

Oh and for those who don't regularly go to the seaport - don't forget to get instructions home! I left at 9:30 Thursday in the pouring rain and didn't have a clue where to go. I thought of trying to wing it, but instead pulled into Anthony's Pier 4 and asked the doorman, there. (I needed to get back to I90West)

I did a quick search on these RCI certificates and it appears they were also given as an incentive to some people who bought BLT earlier this spring. I'm going to search some more to see who had luck using them.

Fatalbie
06-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I have deleted the email with the registration instructions. Do I need to call my guide or is there another # I call, assuming there is still availability.
If someone would pm me some info, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Jim

Fall1
06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
We just got back and it was lots of fun. We were told that as long as you talk to a guide and have their name and phone number that you have until Sunday to get in on the incentive deals they are offering while in Boston.

guymorris
06-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Does anyone know if these incentives are valid for non-members? We'll be bringing along a friend that is interested in becoming a member.

princessfionasmom
06-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Does anyone know if these incentives are valid for non-members? We'll be bringing along a friend that is interested in becoming a member.

I believe they do apply however your friend would have to meet the minimum requirements of 160pts. Have fun!

Rhode Island Quahog
06-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes the incentives were for new buyers as well as current DVC members at the Boston show.
Minimum buy in was 160 points for new members.

160 Points - $96 per point ($16 0ff)

200 Points - $94 per point ($18 Off)

270 Points - $92 per point ($20 Off)

500 Points - $88 per point ($24 off)

Hope this helps...It was a fun presentation today at 4PM!

~Val

Dawn16
06-19-2009, 09:57 PM
We just returned from the 7:00 pm session with 50 GCV points:) Figured we'd go every 3rd year with banking and borrowing. We had a great evening. They said they're expecting big crowds this weekend so arrive early and have fun, everyone!

Hunclemarco
06-19-2009, 10:18 PM
No there were no models...

Here is one photo that I took:

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu102/oakmannerbucket/007-1.jpg

I'm not certain, but she looks like one of the guides that was at the Rochester, NY show back in November.
Was Miss Deevy See there too?
and Congrats to Rpsemont! for winning the trip :cheer2:

Disneymooner07
06-19-2009, 11:56 PM
We went this afternoon and had a blast! :cool1: What a nice break from the dreary weather we've been having.

I took some pictures in case people were curious. Photos from the presentation:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w23/adasheng/IMG_0245-1.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w23/adasheng/IMG_0247-1.jpg

And we couldn't resist the photo ops afterwards...apologies for the excessive photos with my daughter, but I was soooo excited for her first encounter with Disney! Her first pair of Mickey Ears:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w23/adasheng/IMG_0252-1.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w23/adasheng/IMG_0253-1.jpg

They had a photo area set up with Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w23/adasheng/IMG_0254-1.jpg

As well as Aladdin and the Genie!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w23/adasheng/IMG_0258-1.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w23/adasheng/IMG_0257-1.jpg

Mickey and Minnie were there too, but only on the dance floor, so I snuck in and snagged a photo with Minnie!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w23/adasheng/IMG_0256-1.jpg

Have a great time, everyone!

Fall1
06-20-2009, 06:31 AM
We went this afternoon and had a blast! :cool1: What a nice break from the dreary weather we've been having.

I took some pictures in case people were curious. Photos from the presentation:

Too funny.....I can see myself, my DH and my DD in your pictures of the crowd!! Glad you had fun!

Corinne
06-20-2009, 07:02 AM
It does not look as though there were many attendees. I am disappointed we were not invited! :confused:Especially since we had expressed interest in BLT before it was announced!

Glad those who have attended have had fun! Disneymooner7, great photos, your baby is PRECIOUS! :)

Hedy
06-20-2009, 07:31 AM

It's 10-4; glad I checked the boards before setting my seat tme (I'm taking the red line)

sprdve98
06-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Anyone who's already been, do you think it would be ok to bring a 2 1/2 year old? I'm afraid she'll be too young for the kids room, and too noisy for the presentation room. I'm scheduled for sunday at 1:00.
thanks

Fall1
06-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Anyone who's already been, do you think it would be ok to bring a 2 1/2 year old? I'm afraid she'll be too young for the kids room, and too noisy for the presentation room. I'm scheduled for sunday at 1:00.
thanks

There were lots of little kids there when we went Friday. We went yesterday at 4 and brought our 24 month old twins. They were really good.

We did get up toward the end of the presentation and bring them to the back of the room because they were starting to go stir crazy, but they had a blast meeting Mickey & friends after at the dance!!!! Have fun!!

LisaS
06-20-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry to say we won't be able to make it after all. DH was on a business trip last week and arrived home last night feeling sick. I'm not feeling too well myself so I may be coming down with the same thing. I'm so disappointed! I was looking forward to seeing dgaston again and meeting the other DISers in the Saturday 4pm group.

Have fun everybody! I hope one of you wins the free trip!

Disneymooner07
06-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Too funny.....I can see myself, my DH and my DD in your pictures of the crowd!! Glad you had fun!

It's a small world after all! I have to say, seeing the silhouettes of everyone in their Mickey ears from the back was absolutely hilarious. Grown adults, every single one wearing ears! But that's what I love about Disney and I felt right at home :lmao:

It does not look as though there were many attendees. I am disappointed we were not invited! :confused:Especially since we had expressed interest in BLT before it was announced!

Glad those who have attended have had fun! Disneymooner7, great photos, your baby is PRECIOUS! :)

There weren't that many people, but I think they were intentionally keeping the numbers low. When I went to sign up, the website told me that I was taking the last spots in our session, which means that was actually a full session. I'm sorry you are not going, but maybe if you explain they'll give you the same incentives?

And thanks, I think she's pretty cute :lovestruc

pyrxtc
06-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm here !! Holy Cow!! Ther is a beer festival going on downstairs and it is packed, hundreds of people!!

I got here too early though and we ahve about 40 minutes to wait before we can even check in. But I saw the goodie bags wiht people carrying them out and it looked like some cool stuff. can't wait to be in there. So nice to hear a "Welcome Home" in Boston!!:cool1::cool1:

Dawn16
06-20-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm here !! Holy Cow!! Ther is a beer festival going on downstairs and it is packed, hundreds of people!!

I got here too early though and we ahve about 40 minutes to wait before we can even check in. But I saw the goodie bags wiht people carrying them out and it looked like some cool stuff. can't wait to be in there. So nice to hear a "Welcome Home" in Boston!!:cool1::cool1:

Same thing last night with the beer fest, must be all weekend. Wait until you get in there. Everything is so 'Disney' that we hated to leave. Once we got back outside and instantly smelled 'low tide' we knew we were back to reality :( Have fun!

goofy4tink
06-20-2009, 02:30 PM
We had a terrific time this morning!!! Unfortunatly, I left with a lighter checkbook (well, Disney Visa card!!) than I arrived with!!! Bought 50 pts at BLT. I think my dh is thinking of creative ways to do me in!!!!
Loved hearing 'Welcome Home' in Boston...very cool. And saw a couple of old DVC guide/CM buddies from the cruise in Dec.

Copperline
06-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Another DVC'er that LOVED hearing "Welcome Home" this morning!!

We had a nice time. Didn't buy any more points, but the kids loved it and it was a good way to spend 1/2 a day and only have it cost us $19 for parking.

princessfionasmom
06-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Another happy DVC'r here! The kids and I had a great time at this mornings show. The kids made some friends in the kids club then had a lot of fun dancing at the party. I had already added points at BLT last week so no big decisions today, just fun! I really do like the luggage tags and passport holder they handed out. My kids have already taken possession of the binoculars and love them. IMO, it was definitely worth the short trip to Boston!

monorailmom
06-20-2009, 06:06 PM
We were there this morning and had a great time! My son had fun in the kids' club, even my teenagers were laughing at times during the presentation, and that's saying a lot!! We did end up buying more points, though hubby and I have to talk about it a little more-- there's no charge to cancel, but we'll see!! BLT is just sooooo tempting!!!

cpdwiz
06-20-2009, 07:30 PM
We had a ball...Met some very nice people from the disboards!! We met 2 ladies, the first twins from OKW!!! They were really cool!! Also, thanks to the people who came up and congratulated us, we really appreciated it, and it was great when the DVC folks recognized us during the presentation as the YOAMD DVC Winners...We loved the free gifts and party afterwards, and had a great lunch at Anthonys....This was great, and if you have a shot to ever go, GO!! Also the deals were pretty amazing....The time is not right for us to buy, but, the 100 point deal for BLT was pretty sweet!!

ekarlberg
06-20-2009, 07:53 PM
We just returned from the 7:00 pm session with 50 GCV points:) Figured we'd go every 3rd year with banking and borrowing. We had a great evening. They said they're expecting big crowds this weekend so arrive early and have fun, everyone!

What were the GCV incentives they were offering? I asked one cast member and he didn't seem to know much. The line to speak with someone more knowledgeable was long and I am weak, so I passed it up. But I was thinking about 50 or 60 at GCV to bank and borrow like you.

Thanks!

Dawn16
06-20-2009, 08:03 PM
What were the GCV incentives they were offering? I asked one cast member and he didn't seem to know much. The line to speak with someone more knowledgeable was long and I am weak, so I passed it up. But I was thinking about 50 or 60 at GCV to bank and borrow like you.

Thanks!

It was $16 off for 50, so $96 per point. This is actually the regular current incentive so they weren't offering anything extra but it's still a great deal. We were pretty sure we were going to add on anyway so why not do it when we were surrounded by the Disney spirit :) You can call your guide any time and get the deal though.

Sand
06-20-2009, 08:47 PM
We had a ball...Met some very nice people from the disboards!! We met 2 ladies, the first twins from OKW!!! They were really cool!! Also, thanks to the people who came up and congratulated us, we really appreciated it, and it was great when the DVC folks recognized us during the presentation as the YOAMD DVC Winners...We loved the free gifts and party afterwards, and had a great lunch at Anthonys....This was great, and if you have a shot to ever go, GO!! Also the deals were pretty amazing....The time is not right for us to buy, but, the 100 point deal for BLT was pretty sweet!!

Congratulations for winning the free DVC membership! That is awesome!! I would love to "hear" that story. We sat right behind the twins. They are hilarious!!

Love the free gifts. The CM were very gracious and gave us each gifts, kids included. Everything is just like everyone has already posted. We didn't buy any points since this is our first year in DVC. We had a great time and glad we went. Loved seeing the characters. WOW that beer thing was crowded! Best part of it all was hearing Welcome Home Boston!! :banana:

dgaston
06-20-2009, 09:20 PM
We had two magical moments at the 4pm celebration. One was Alladin briefly doing the "chicken dance" when no one was waiting for their photo op (and it was so quick I couldn't get my camera out), and the other was a very gracious Cinderella working hard to get a reluctant toddler to interact with her. Now that's the magic!:cool:
We didn't buy any points (DH just retired), and are so glad we went to the event, even though we live in CT.

We3LoveDisney
06-20-2009, 09:38 PM
We went this morning and had a great time! Needless to say, I was just a little shocked when my husband said that yes we could add on. We added on 160 points at BLT. I am so excited!!!!

KevGuy
06-20-2009, 09:43 PM

Nice to see you both there, my family and I sat right behind you "celebrities" lol. The party was fun for the kids and the deals seemed very enticing. In fact my guide from Florida James Stinson was actually there when we went downstairs to crunch some numbers which made it especially hard to resist a 200 point add on at BLT. :banana:

We3LoveDisney
06-20-2009, 09:44 PM
We went this morning and had a great time! Needless to say, I was just a little shocked when my husband said that yes we could add on. We added on 160 points at BLT. I am so excited!!!!

DisneyWhirled
06-20-2009, 09:51 PM
We had a great time at the 10:00 show, too! Sorry didn't get to meet any of you, but glad to hear everyone enjoyed the show.

The goodies were so cool and the dance party was fun as well. It was really nice to have a little Disney magic close to home.

We left the show poorer, but 100 points richer!! I couldn't resist!

pyrxtc
06-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Barb, is was great to meet you. So funny that I was trying to find you over to the right and there was noone on the phone three and you were sitting in my row next to a freind that I brought wiht me and my mo next to her. LOL !! With all of us DISser's that were posted to go and such a small crowd it seemed, that I beleive that a lot of us were DISser's. My Mom is not a Disney person and still had fun, maybe it will convine to come wiht us sometime. She couldn't believe the ages of some of the people who owned DVC, they obviously didn't ahve any children living at home wiht them anymore.

I loved all the freebies, my kids sat thru the presentation so they could get their own stuff. The one freebie that I ahdn't seen mentioned was the portfolio you get right at the begining. It is very nice leather and will be used a lot.

pyrxtc
06-21-2009, 09:00 AM
well Thought you would all want to see what u will be getting tonight.
All The Gifts
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/pyrxtc/DisneyWorld/AllGifts.jpg

Inside Passport Holder
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/pyrxtc/DisneyWorld/InsidePassportHolder.jpg

Luggage Tags Close
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/pyrxtc/DisneyWorld/LuggageTags.jpg

Close Up on Leather Portfolio, Binoculars, and Ears
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/pyrxtc/DisneyWorld/PortfolioBinocularsEars.jpg

cpdwiz
06-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Congratulations for winning the free DVC membership! That is awesome!! I would love to "hear" that story. We sat right behind the twins. They are hilarious!!

Love the free gifts. The CM were very gracious and gave us each gifts, kids included. Everything is just like everyone has already posted. We didn't buy any points since this is our first year in DVC. We had a great time and glad we went. Loved seeing the characters. WOW that beer thing was crowded! Best part of it all was hearing Welcome Home Boston!! :banana:

They were pretty awesome! They are in the DVC book, the planner....

In a nutshell, we went in 2007, and got engaged...we talked to the dreamsquad to get pins, they said everything was done by computer, and to mail in...we did, everday for 4 months, and ended up winning 220 points at SSR for 47yrs, everything paid...Only 3 grand prize winners...so we are living the dream!

cpdwiz
06-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Nice to see you both there, my family and I sat right behind you "celebrities" lol. The party was fun for the kids and the deals seemed very enticing. In fact my guide from Florida James Stinson was actually there when we went downstairs to crunch some numbers which made it especially hard to resist a 200 point add on at BLT. :banana:

Thanks, that was a fun event!! I was very close to the 100 point add-on, but, with work and life, it wasnt the right time...Soon, though!! :cool1:

Rhode Island Quahog
06-21-2009, 10:06 AM
All The Gifts

Inside Passport Holder
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/pyrxtc/DisneyWorld/InsidePassportHolder.jpg

Luggage Tags Close

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/pyrxtc/DisneyWorld/PortfolioBinocularsEars.jpg

We didn't get those luggage tags at our show, ours were royal blue like the color of the binoculars. No matching passport holder either.

pyrxtc
06-21-2009, 10:18 AM
We didn't get those luggage tags at our show, ours were royal blue like the color of the binoculars. No matching passport holder either.

Did you get a passport holder ? I thought they were cute if not a little girly for all the men that were there. I don't know that I would call the book a passport holder though (even though that's how it was described) Maybe an organizer ?

Rhode Island Quahog
06-21-2009, 10:32 AM
All The Gifts

Inside Passport Holder

Luggage Tags Close

Did you get a passport holder ? I thought they were cute if not a little girly for all the men that were there. I don't know that I would call the book a passport holder though (even though that's how it was described) Maybe an organizer ?

No passport holder at all...just the royal blue luggage tags, mickey ears, and binoculars.

twinklebug
06-21-2009, 10:32 AM
What cool gifts... I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves. :wizard:

We didn't make our presentation time... I have addonitis pretty bad, but BLT's not the right meds for me. I know the temptation to scratch that itch would have been too much to handle. :rolleyes1 I'm really best off planning & waiting for the right time, right home location.

LisaS
06-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Did you get a passport holder ? I thought they were cute if not a little girly for all the men that were there. I don't know that I would call the book a passport holder though (even though that's how it was described) Maybe an organizer ?I agree it is more of a travel organizer. The deep pocket is for your boarding pass, the short one could hold an ID, the medium depth one could hold the passport. The other deep pocket could hold an itinerary (folded).

disney0505
06-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Does anyone happen to have a number for a guide at the event? My wife went down on Friday but misplaced the guide she spoke to information. She remembered his first name was Tom. I believe this is the last day to get the incentive if you are able to contact your guide from the event. We spoke about it yesterday and went through the finances and decided to buy into BLT. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

RLRDA
06-21-2009, 11:21 AM
No passport holder at all...just the royal blue luggage tags, mickey ears, and binoculars.

Rhode Island Quahog, did you go Friday @ 7pm? (I'm just going by the list on page 1)?? We were there at that session and got the travel organizer/luggage tags that were pictured :confused3. They were the first freebie handed out, they came together in a box. We didn't any royal blue luggage tags (by themselves) though.

Rhode Island Quahog
06-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Rhode Island Quahog, did you go Friday @ 7pm? (I'm just going by the list on page 1)?? We were there at that session and got the travel organizer/luggage tags that were pictured :confused3. They were the first freebie handed out, they came together in a box. We didn't any royal blue luggage tags (by themselves) though.

We went Friday at 4 PM...we got 2 royal blue luggage tags per person. My boyfriend got handed 3 and he tried to hand it back but they just said keep it.

pyrxtc
06-21-2009, 01:47 PM
hopefultl we get some more replies about Fri at 4 and maybe we can figure out what happened. I dislike when they are inconsistent.

Sand
06-21-2009, 02:30 PM
They were pretty awesome! They are in the DVC book, the planner....

In a nutshell, we went in 2007, and got engaged...we talked to the dreamsquad to get pins, they said everything was done by computer, and to mail in...we did, everday for 4 months, and ended up winning 220 points at SSR for 47yrs, everything paid...Only 3 grand prize winners...so we are living the dream!

Thanks for sharing! That is awesome!! Wow that is one magical address. :wizard:

Rhode Island Quahog
06-21-2009, 02:38 PM
If your talking about the gifts...I had someone I know that went to the Saturday show at 7PM. She also received the royal blue luggage tags, mickey ears, and bibiculars. No passport holder! :( I like the baby blue plaid passport holder and luggage tag, I think they're cute.

Maybe they give out different things depending on the size of the group. Not sure how that works.

pyrxtc
06-21-2009, 02:40 PM
alright my mother wants me to list her free stuff on Ebay or craiglist but have no starting point. Help?

I don't know if asking this is against the rules so if it is, I'm sorry and please delete.

Rhode Island Quahog
06-21-2009, 02:42 PM
alright my mother wants me to list her free stuff on Ebay or craiglist but have no starting point. Help?

I don't know if asking this is against the rules so if it is, I'm sorry and please delete.

I'd be interested in the passport holder and luggage tag, if your selling it. You can send me a private message me on here. Thanks!

popstar7867
06-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi Everyone! Just got back from the 1 PM show today! It was awesome! For those of you adding on- you can buy discounted ad-ons for AKV and BLT! I bought a 100 pt BLT addon for $96 per point!!! $16 off per point! Same prices for the AKV add ons. The Annual Dues are wicked cheap for BLT too! $3.67 per point! I'm so excited :) Hope you all had a fun time at the show too!

LisaS
06-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Can somebody tell me about the quality of the binoculars? Just want to know what I missed...

Rhode Island Quahog
06-21-2009, 03:12 PM
They are small mini binoculars with a travel case and are royal blue. They're not bad. They have them on ebay if you want to look at them. We have an extra if you want a pair. Let me know!

LisaS
06-21-2009, 03:14 PM
They are small mini binoculars with a travel case and are royal blue. They're not bad. They have them on ebay if you want to look at them. We have an extra if you want a pair. Let me know!That's why I was asking. Saw one on ebay and wondered if it was worth it. If you have an extra pair, I am interested!

DB&KS
06-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Can someone please post a link for the Dvc stuff you saw on ebay. I can't seem to find them. Just wanted to look. Thanks

pyrxtc
06-21-2009, 05:15 PM
I coulnd't find nay of the DVC things on Ebay either, that is why I asked here.

Rhode Island Quahog
06-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Binoculars:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=120397413384&Category=138&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

Passport Holder and Luggage Tags:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110368998971

Disney Vacation Club Mickey Ears:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Vacation-Club-Mickey-Ears-RARE-DVC_W0QQitemZ220439365689QQcategoryZ1380QQcmdZView ItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m215QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26i ts%3DI%252BC%252BS%252BIA%26itu%3DUS-BWR%252BUCI%252BUCC%252BIT%252BUA%26otn%3D8%26ps%3 D33

Figment56
06-21-2009, 06:15 PM
Does anyone have any extra of the ears, binoculars, passholder or luggage tags I could buy? I feel bad-my husband signed us up for Saturday and I ended up getting sick:sick: so we were unable to make it! Just pm me and let me know if your are willing to part with anything! Thanks and greatly appreciated!

DisFor20
06-21-2009, 08:24 PM
DW, DD, DS, and I were at the 4pm DVC event today (Sunday). It was lots of fun. Three items of potential interest:

1. During the show, the DVC guides specifically mentioned twice that the discounts being offered were not just for BLT. I think Dave's (the male MC's name?) words were, "these discounts are good for the other resorts as well." I understood this to mean the discounts were also good for AKV, SSR, and VGC. That appears to be different than what others were offered at the earlier shows (true?). DW and I were focused on adding 100 pts at BLT, so we didn't ask the guide who helped us (James..."War Eagle!") the specifics for the other resorts...wish we would have asked now to see if these discounts were different than the standard discount offer available to all existing members.
2. Has anyone mentioned the really tasty cheesecakes they had at the dance party...along with a toppings bar? They had both plain and peanut butter (?) mini-cheesecakes...very good.
3. We didn't get the passport holder or the plaid luggage tags (although we did get the plain blue tags). Dave mentioned at one point that a lot more people showed up than expected. All three sections of the auditorium (center, left, and right) were mostly full...which didn't appear to be the case at some of the earlier shows based on posted pics.

All in all, a very fun afternoon. Even our teen son and tweener daughter had a great time. And, when was the last time you ever saw Cinderella standing with no one to talk to, or Aladdin and Genie dancing a ditty while awaiting for someone to enter their empty line? Needless to say, DD had no problem talking with characters.

DonDiegoDeLaVega
06-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Wife and i just got back from the 7pm DVC extravaganza.....It was a lot of fun
and was not very crowded. Got some DVC ears..Binoculars...and luggage tags, as well as a 8x11 notebook with DVC on it. We own at AKV....but just bought a 100 pt BLT for what we thought was a great price of $96/pt. What a great Fathers Day present. Hope the rest of you had a s great a time as we did....see you at Disney!!!!!

ImprovGal
06-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Thank you for posting the invite link to this event. I attended the Saturday 1pm presentation. I'm not a DVC owner and they didn't sway me into buying into DVC. However, I ended up being the lucky winner of the 1 week RCI certificate at my presentation. Woohoo!
We just got luggage tag, ears, binoculars, and the folio -- no passport holder at my presentation.

DVCJones
06-22-2009, 06:58 AM
We went to the Sunday 4pm event and had a WONDERFUL time. The give-a-ways were nice, but the best part for me was watching my DDs 4 and 6 have the time of their lives. I couldn't get them off the dance floor. MY DD4 also got a lot of one on one time with Cinderella. How often to you get a chance to capture video of you daughter dancing with Cinderella AND the Fairy Godmother? It was very magical! I also got pictures of my DH flexing his muscles with the Genie. :rotfl2:

We wished we could have added 100 BLT points, but the timing wasn't right for us. Maybe we will see a good deal like this next year at this time.

travelin' tigger
06-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Barb, is was great to meet you. So funny that I was trying to find you over to the right and there was noone on the phone three and you were sitting in my row next to a freind that I brought wiht me and my mo next to her. LOL !! With all of us DISser's that were posted to go and such a small crowd it seemed, that I beleive that a lot of us were DISser's. My Mom is not a Disney person and still had fun, maybe it will convine to come wiht us sometime. She couldn't believe the ages of some of the people who owned DVC, they obviously didn't ahve any children living at home wiht them anymore.

I loved all the freebies, my kids sat thru the presentation so they could get their own stuff. The one freebie that I ahdn't seen mentioned was the portfolio you get right at the begining. It is very nice leather and will be used a lot.
Hey Linda - was great meeting you too. Sorry we couldn't spend more time together, but Phil was beat from all the things we accomplished during the morning hours. But it was a fun experience, especially when the guy across the aisle won the grand prize - I think he's still in shock!!

Anyway, will keep your number and if we have a free moment when we're up your way Aug. 1-5, I'll give you a call!!

JasonDVC
06-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Went on Saturday to the 7pm show and did something I thought we would never do...add on at BLT!! The price was too good and after what the guide told us, I believe BLT will be one of, if not the most, sought after resort at WDW.

So we took the plunge...100 points, to start. And you know what, we couldn't be happier with our decision!!

WDW_Jill
06-22-2009, 09:47 AM
We had a great time. It was practice for our 1yr olds first trip next week. We didn't add on but learned alot for a future add on. Can't wait to use our new luggage tags on Sunday perfect timing for us.
I am really curious home many people did add on? If a lot I am thinking they will come back and the future and that would be great and maybe it will be the right time for us to add on.

DB&KS
06-22-2009, 09:48 AM
DW, DD, DS, and I were at the 4pm DVC event today (Sunday). It was lots of fun. Three items of potential interest:

1. During the show, the DVC guides specifically mentioned twice that the discounts being offered were not just for BLT. I think Dave's (the male MC's name?) words were, "these discounts are good for the other resorts as well." I understood this to mean the discounts were also good for AKV, SSR, and VGC. That appears to be different than what others were offered at the earlier shows (true?). DW and I were focused on adding 100 pts at BLT, so we didn't ask the guide who helped us (James..."War Eagle!") the specifics for the other resorts...wish we would have asked now to see if these discounts were different than the standard discount offer available to all existing members.

The deal was the same for all the resorts you named but the difference is the maintenance fees at the other resorts are a lot higher than the ones at BLT. In effect the monthly payment would be about the same. No cheesecake for us at the Saturday morning show. Just a chocolate fountain and some cupcakes.

goofy4tink
06-22-2009, 09:58 AM
The deal was the same for all the resorts you named but the difference is the maintenance fees at the other resorts are a lot higher than the ones at BLT. In effect the monthly payment would be about the same. No cheesecake for us at the Saturday morning show. Just a chocolate fountain and some cupcakes.
The dues for BLT were the lowest, especially when compared with those for VAKL....I guess giraffe feed is expensive!!! Add to that the fact that the BLT contracts are good until 2060...well, I just couldn't pass up a small 50pt contract. That will be enough for MK view studio, Sun-Fri...5 nights, every other year. Works for me!!!

tractortippin
06-22-2009, 10:06 AM
So we are new to DVC and I saw in an earlier post someone mention GVC points? What are GVC points?

3DisneyKids
06-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Interesting...we were told that the incentives were just for BLT. Granted, we didn't ask about any other resorts specifically as we weren't planning on adding on at this time. I wonder what would have happened if we had really pressed the issue and said we wanted to add on but at a different resort. :confused3

3DisneyKids
06-22-2009, 10:07 AM
So we are new to DVC and I saw in an earlier post someone mention GVC points? What are GVC points?

Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland.

3DisneyKids
06-22-2009, 10:08 AM
The dues for BLT were the lowest, especially when compared with those for VAKL....I guess giraffe feed is expensive!!! Add to that the fact that the BLT contracts are good until 2060...well, I just couldn't pass up a small 50pt contract. That will be enough for MK view studio, Sun-Fri...5 nights, every other year. Works for me!!!

Diane--did you get any incentives for a 50 point contract?

TLinden16
06-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Diane--did you get any incentives for a 50 point contract?

I'll answer for Diane, since we both did 50 add ons on Saturday morning (although I may not actually go through with it). It was $8 off per point, no closing, automatic financing.

goofy4tink
06-22-2009, 10:53 AM
I'll answer for Diane, since we both did 50 add ons on Saturday morning (although I may not actually go through with it). It was $8 off per point, no closing, automatic financing.
Yep, what she said.

DisFor20
06-22-2009, 11:43 AM

Thanks! What I'm curious about, however, is that we got $16/pt off (for a total of $96/pt) for our 100 pt BLT add on. The current add-on incentives for all members, as shown on the DVCNews website, are better at AKV ($19/pt off), SSR ($19/pt off), and VGC ($22/pt off) than what we got in Boston for BLT. If that is all correct, than what did Dave mean when he said the incentives were good for the "other" resorts?:confused3 Again, kicking myself for not asking James (and DW even reminded me to do that!?!).

allshookup
06-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks also for the link to the invite. Don't know why we didn't get one, but good thing I read the DIS boards. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. We went to Father's Day brunch at Fire & Ice & then we went to the 4pm presentation & had yummy dessert & coffee along with a few DVC prices. Can't beat that! We didn't win a trip, but we found free front row spots at both Fire & Ice & the Seaport Center so all in all a great way to spend a rainy Father's Day! :goodvibes

DH wanted to add 100 pts at BLT & even went & talked to one of the guides, but I was adamanat that it wasn't a good time for us. Very odd, because it's usually the other way around. ;)

Disneydonnam
06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
:woohoo:We went to the 10 presentation yesterday. We ended up doing an add on of an additional 250 points. The incentives were too incredible to walk away from.:woohoo:

DVCJones
06-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks also for the link to the invite. Don't know why we didn't get one, but good thing I read the DIS boards. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. We went to Father's Day brunch at Fire & Ice & then we went to the 4pm presentation & had yummy dessert & coffee along with a few DVC prices. Can't beat that! We didn't win a trip, but we found free front row spots at both Fire & Ice & the Seaport Center so all in all a great way to spend a rainy Father's Day! :goodvibes

DH wanted to add 100 pts at BLT & even went & talked to one of the guides, but I was adamanat that it wasn't a good time for us. Very odd, because it's usually the other way around. ;)

OMG!!! We went to Fire and Ice AFTER the DVC event and found free parking in front of both places too. Too weird!!! I went on line and registered at the Fire and Ice web site and got a 25% discount coupon too. My DH thought it was an inexpensive and great Father's Day.

It was a great day!

Coach Rick
06-22-2009, 06:22 PM
We went to the 7 PM last night. We had no intentions to do an add on, BUT...Just couldn't resist an additional 160. ;)

Now, what in the world am I going to do with 770 points...:confused3

What a problem to have...:lmao:

allshookup
06-22-2009, 06:45 PM
OMG!!! We went to Fire and Ice AFTER the DVC event and found free parking in front of both places too. Too weird!!! I went on line and registered at the Fire and Ice web site and got a 25% discount coupon too. My DH thought it was an inexpensive and great Father's Day.

It was a great day!

Hey that was smart! I looked at the website for the address to put in the GPS & I never event thought to look for a coupon. Love Fire & Ice though & you really can't beat the price for all you can eat.

My DH is a cop too! :goodvibes

Congrats to all those that added on!

popstar7867
06-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi Everyone! I did a 100 point add on at BLT yesterday at the DVC show in Boston :) I got the $16 per point discount, but saw on the DVC web site that they are giving a cruise to minimum of 100 point add ons. Any idea if we are eligible for the cruise as well??

oakmanner
06-22-2009, 10:04 PM
I worked the event for DVC Friday and Saturday and the reason some got Passport Holders and others got Luggage Tags is that there were two different presentations. One was for Members and the other for Prospects.:goodvibes

3DisneyKids
06-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I worked the event for DVC Friday and Saturday and the reason some got Passport Holders and others got Luggage Tags is that there were two different presentations. One was for Members and the other for Prospects.:goodvibes

Do you mind if I ask you how you are a CM while living in Mass? The DIsney Store? ABC or other affiliate? Or is there another way to be a CM without being in central Florida?

oakmanner
06-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Yes, no problem. I work at the Salem NH Disney Store. DVC emailed all Disney Stores in the Boston area to see if any DS Castmembers would be interested in working the DVC event. My DS Manager forwarded my name to DVC and next thing I knew I was working the event. It was lot's of fun!:woohoo:

JasonDVC
06-23-2009, 08:39 AM
FYI to anyone interested...

Our guide said that GF and Poly DVC's are coming likely in the next 5-6 years as well as DVC's at the Mod's, a Ski site and there is a debate with the higher ups about a DVC Cruise ship due to the overwhelming interest of DVC members to use their points for cruising and the quick sales of the Members Cruises.

Not trying to spread rumors, just relaying what our guide told us.

DVCJones
06-23-2009, 10:09 AM

I think I may have seen you. Were you wearing a shirt that said Disney Store?
I noticed the shirt and thought perhaps they had area empolyees working the event. However, I only saw one person wearing a Disney Store shirt. SO, was that you?:)

DVCJones
06-23-2009, 10:11 AM

Our guide said that GF and Poly DVC's are coming likely in the next 5-6 years as well as DVC's at the Mod's, a Ski site and there is a debate with the higher ups about a DVC Cruise ship due to the overwhelming interest of DVC members to use their points for cruising and the quick sales of the Members Cruises.

I think I might be interested in the Poly if it ever happened.

DVC_Corrys
06-23-2009, 04:18 PM
My wife collects Mouse Ears and would DIE to have some of those DVC ones. Can any one spare or pick us up one??? I am sure she would love the "pixie dust"... pm, I will pay for shipping/supplies.

Thanks,

Shameless Beg!!

goofy4tink
06-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Have any of you that bought over the weekend gotten any paperwork yet??? Just curious. I wasn't given anything by the CM I bought from and didn't even think about it until the other day.

Disneydonnam
06-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Have any of you that bought over the weekend gotten any paperwork yet??? Just curious. I wasn't given anything by the CM I bought from and didn't even think about it until the other day.

We realized after we left we didn't get any paperwork either. I was told I should have the papers today but nothing yet. I know last time I did an add on the points were showing in my acct right away. I just checked and they have not been added yet.

Dawn16
06-24-2009, 01:01 PM
No paperwork yet either but our new GCV points are indeed in our account.

Rhode Island Quahog
06-24-2009, 01:47 PM
We got our paperwork today.

JasonDVC
06-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Points are in the 2009 account but no paperwork

DonDiegoDeLaVega
06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I did the BLT add on Sunday...did not sign anything or get any paperwork at the event. Points with with new contract showed up in account this morning, but as of today(WED) no paperwork recieved...... anyone have any luck getting the 3 day advertised cruise for 4 at the DVC website added for buying in?

tractortippin
06-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Ours came Fed Ex today!!!!

oakmanner
06-24-2009, 07:42 PM
I think I may have seen you. Were you wearing a shirt that said Disney Store?
I noticed the shirt and thought perhaps they had area empolyees working the event. However, I only saw one person wearing a Disney Store shirt. SO, was that you?:)

I was wearing a DS nametag, polo shirt with black pants. Depending on when you saw me I may have also had on Mickey ears and waving a white Mickey hand.::MickeyMo:rotfl:

popstar7867
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
I did the BLT add on Sunday...did not sign anything or get any paperwork at the event. Points with with new contract showed up in account this morning, but as of today(WED) no paperwork recieved...... anyone have any luck getting the 3 day advertised cruise for 4 at the DVC website added for buying in?
I didn't get it called today to check! Let me know if you have better luck!

princessfionasmom
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM

Now a Poly DVC would DEFINITELY get my DH to add big time!! That is his all time favorite resort!

popstar7867
06-24-2009, 08:33 PM
So the Boston show gave me the Disney bug! I have a trip planned for December, but am itching to go beforehand now!!! I tried getting a whole bunch of weekends in September and October today and everything was booked up :( Kind of bummin! I was hoping for BLT or Kidani!

DVCJones
06-24-2009, 09:05 PM
I was wearing a DS nametag, polo shirt with black pants. Depending on when you saw me I may have also had on Mickey ears and waving a white Mickey hand.::MickeyMo:rotfl:

Yes, I am pretty sure I saw you as I was leaving the event. Were you along the looooooong path to get out of there?

Perhaps you remember seeing me,DH and my two DDs. They had on Monkey shirts and my 4 yo has really curly blond hair that everyone seems to notice:) If you were in the dance party my 6yo DD was the one crying because she got hit in the eye on the dance floor.:sad1: After a few hugs she was fine and went back to dancing:banana: up a storm.

DonDiegoDeLaVega
06-25-2009, 12:00 PM
I didn't get it called today to check! Let me know if you have better luck!
Called my guide this morning and he said ...you get the discount off the full price ($16/point fro 100pts.) or less of a discount ($5/point) and the cruise....
i stayed with the $16/pt off. Good deal if you want the cruise...but Sept,Oct, Nov are hurricane months!!!!.

beattyfamily
06-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Got the paperwork today with a nice DVC Beach Bag. :)

dizneemjk
06-25-2009, 09:30 PM
We are not owners but were invited by an owner. We went on sunday night. It wasn't very crowded. Got portfolios, luggage tags, and ears. The show was lots of fun. The wish guy was hilarious. At the dessert party my daughter made a b-line for Cinderella. Later she got to swing dance with minnie. Let her eat to many marshmallows though. She got sick on the way home.

goofy4tink
06-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Got the paperwork today with a nice DVC Beach Bag. :)
Wow...got mine yesterday, but just in the regular paper folder. Lucky you. Maybe they gave me the lesser since I bought only 50 pts.

TLinden16
06-26-2009, 07:17 AM
Wow...got mine yesterday, but just in the regular paper folder. Lucky you. Maybe they gave me the lesser since I bought only 50 pts.

I didn't get a beach bag either :(

pyrxtc
06-26-2009, 12:27 PM
The beach bag was probably if it was thier initial buy-in to DVC. You don't get it for add-ons.