View Full Version : Do you think it's too late?

06-18-2002, 10:42 AM
to get reservations at a resort for the 4th of July?

06-18-2002, 10:51 AM
I don't think so! I'd call CRO and see if there are any discount rates left, but I am sure you'll be able to get a room. :)

06-18-2002, 10:51 AM
It's short notice, but it never hurts to call and try. You may be surprised. Also be flexible on which resort. It'll probably be a long shot, but worth a try.

06-18-2002, 11:25 AM
I just looked online, July 4-9.

Polynesian has Lagoon and Lagoon Concierge.
Grand Floridian has Lodge Concierge.
Animal Kingdom Lodge has Savanna and Deluxe Savanna.
Contemporary is sold out.
Wilderness Lodge has Courtyard View.
BoardWalk Inn has Standard, Water, and Concierge.
Beach Club has Standard View.
Yacht Club has Concierge Lagoon View.


Didn't check the moderates, home away from home, or value.

06-18-2002, 11:30 AM
I just saw on mousesavers.com that there's good deals on Expedia.com for June 30th til July 6 for the Swan and Dolphin.

It's worth checking.....good luck & have fun planning the trip!!!


06-18-2002, 12:11 PM
Well I just called and they have availability but of course no discounts. We may take the Boardwalk. I don't think I have ever paid that much to stay in Disney. I would rather go to the poly. The best price she could get there was $500 a night,too rich for me right now. Well maybe we can't do this unless we stay outside. There is alot of availability for the Disney Market area. I've never stayed there.

06-18-2002, 01:00 PM
Don't give up! Keep calling several times a day because everytime you do you'll get different availability! :D We have gone down at the last minute before... we'd just call everyday until we got the resort we wanted.

Good Luck! :cool:

06-18-2002, 01:25 PM
Erika is right. My son and I are going next week. It was spur of the moment for us (month and a half vs. my usual year and a half or so). At first I could only get BC, BWI and I think AKL. Took BC but kept calling back. Got some days at the GF, then all the days at GF, then some of the days at the Poly (our first choice), and finally all days at the Poly. TaDah! I can hardly wait. Good luck!

06-18-2002, 02:35 PM
By all means, check out the Expedia deals on Swan & Dolphin! I just checked today and the rates were still available. The rates are $123 for Dolphin and $135 for Swan. They are good from June 30 - July 6 (I think). The only caveat is that they are special Expedia rates and you must pay for the entire trip when you reserve. I think the cancellation penalties are severe so make sure that you are firm on your dates before using these rates. Good luck!

06-19-2002, 08:13 PM
This may be one of those times to try a travel agent. We booked four days before we left for Thanksgiving week. We got a great deal at All Stars, though we had to move Thanksgiving day to PO and she found us great air fare too.

06-19-2002, 11:41 PM
DU can really work some magic at times. E-mail them to see what they can find for you. Also consider the Dolphin, that rate is really good!:cool: