PDA

View Full Version : Exercise Room at Wilderness Lodge

Wenlitz
06-18-2002, 10:17 AM
If this has already been asked and answered, let me know.
Is there an exercise room at WL??

Tesabat
06-18-2002, 10:25 AM
Yes - it's located in the villas - called Sturdy Branches. You can purchase a one-day or length-of-stay membership. Also, massage by appt.

Wenlitz
06-18-2002, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the cost??;)

Aunt K
06-18-2002, 10:34 AM
How long does it take to get to the Villas from WL? I'm hoping its a walkable distance.

spiceycat
06-18-2002, 10:35 AM
very walkable - it is located closer to the buses than the hotel is.

Eeyore1954
06-18-2002, 10:40 AM
Not sure of the price. As for walking distance, you leave the lobby and walk toward the bus stop. Instead of turning right, head straight under the covered walkway to the Villas. As you enter the door, walk to the lobby and turn left. You'll see the door for Sturdy Branches.

BTW, this lobby is a great place to unwind or getaway. I was there in May and it is almost unused. The rockers are great. Check out the birdcage; look for the hidden Mickey's on the beams and in the fireplace. :D

Tesabat
06-18-2002, 10:44 AM
Wenlitz -

The family length-of-stay was $45. A one-day was $15...and I think the individual LOS was about $30. The prices might have changed a little but that should be in the ballpark.

Aunt K -

right past the arcade, off the walkway to the busses

Wenlitz
06-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Aunt K

Thank you for the info. We are hoping to work out while there. Thanks again. :)

Aunt K
06-18-2002, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the info. Now can anyone tell me if they have shower facilities at the spa? With mirrors and outlets and all so that someone could prepare for the day there after they worked out in the morning. We could cut down on bathroom traffic in the hotel room if I could just shower at the spa after working out. thanks

Wenlitz
06-18-2002, 11:02 AM
Tesabat

Thanks for the info..:D

kraftyone
06-18-2002, 05:13 PM
Here is the information on the workout room at WL. My wife and I were just there and worked out every day. The rates are: $15 / day; $25 / person, length of stay; $45 / family length of stay. (We chose the latter. They write "FLOS" on your room key, which you bring with you daily.)

The weightroom was pretty good, and was most crowded between 6.30 and 8.00. (Most people were like us--they worked out before going to the parks.) I asked the young man who worked there and he said few people came in between 9.00 and 5.00. The room is open from 6.00 am to 9 pm.

There is a bathroom, but unless I missed something, there was no shower. Also, the bathroom is actually outside the workout room, so if you leave to go the bathroom, you have to go all the way around to the front of the villas to get back in. This suggests that they do not see the facility as something that exercisers will use, and thus my hunch is that there is not a shower.

The machines are good, with a full Cybex circuit, a number of dumbbells and an area to bench and squat. The free weights area is small, though, so more than three people gets crowded. There are about three exercise bikes, treadmills, and elliptical machines (9 total). All in all, if you like to work out, they should have what you need.