PDA

View Full Version : Boma or Mama Melroses

heathjh
06-01-2009, 12:54 PM
We will be going to AK on an early morning. Then we are going to hit DHS for the evening. And try to catch Fantasmic. We have a 9 yo DS, 7 yo DD, and a almost 2 yo DD. What would you recommend for dinner on DDP for Sept? Heard a great review of Mama Melroses and have heard good things about Boma.

VegasMike21
06-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I would say Boma BUT since your going to see Fantasmic you can book Mama Melrose and get priority seating for the Fantasmic show.

GoofyKidd
06-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I'd go anywhere BUT Mama Melrose-in my opinion, the worst food we've ever had in WDW - but that's just me.

the.leonhardts
06-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Both restaurants are favorites of ours.

I agree with the previous poster-- can't go wrong with Italian food and kids and the Fantasmic package. . . Also, you can just transport between parks and save some transportation time. As opposed to AK to AKL to DHS.

However, if the theming and experience are driving your decision, I understand that Sanaa has great ethnic food with a view of the animals at AKL (Boma doesn't have an animal view, but you can see the animals from the public areas of the resort). That would be a great experience with your kids, particularly if you aren't already staying at AKL.

Judy

ekatiel
06-01-2009, 01:21 PM
We did the F! package at Mama Melrose, and were kind of nervous b/c it tends to get a bad rap here on the boards. But, we were pleasantly surprised. The food was really good. The apps are great (you get an app with the F! Package, even if you're on the regular dining plan). DH and my dad both got the charred steak, which was really good. I got chicken parm, which was ok, but not great (I was wishing I had ordered the steak). The desserts were excellent as well. I'd try to get the F! package if I were you. --Katie

cchev
06-01-2009, 01:39 PM
If you're only talking about food...go with Boma. It's one of the best places on property

FireDancer
06-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Well, I may be biased because Boma is my favorite restaurant but I would chose Boma of the two. I do have another suggestion to try though. Since you will be at AK you may want to try Tusker House. Since the referb their food is very similar to Boma but in the park so it is convenient for you. An added bonus is that you can do lunch at Tusker House and get a better price then dinner at Boma. Then, you can go from Tusker House to DHS to spend some times on rides before Fantasmic.

I have heard that the seating you get for the dinner package is not great so doing the TH route will get you there in enough time to get on some rides and get in line without having to settle for below-par food.

B-Ride
06-01-2009, 05:25 PM
For food I would say Boma, our favourite buffet at WDW. However, if you want to time it with Fantasmic you are better with Mama Melrose. Also, with young kids you may find pasta a safer alternative.

The problem is that getting into Mama Melrose is a lot more difficult these days now that Fantasmic is running a reduced schedule.

If you do end up deciding on Mama Melrose, just make sure you are booking a night when Fantasmic is actually showing.

tlenzendorf
06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I vote Boma. Great food with plenty of choices, pretty atmosphere. One of my favorites

treehugnmama
06-01-2009, 06:56 PM
we did two ts every day in feb so we got to try lots of places (too much food though) mama melrose was one of our fav's we aren't big fans of buffets. my husband ordered the spicy sausage and pasta and it wasn horrible he said (he is very picky) but he liked my chick parm and the pizza my dd ordered. we liked we just won't order the sausage again lol....he swears it was soy sausage:confused3

DLBDS
06-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Gotta go with BOMA. :thumbsup2