PDA

View Full Version : California Grill with kids?

frisco
06-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Would you take your youngsters there?

We have 3 kids. Not at all worried about our 8 year old, but we have twin 2.5 year olds, and quite frankly, well, they're 2.5. I know that Disney restaurants, sans V&A's is full of kids, but I don't want to disturb anyone or feel out of place.

Also, though we've been there once, I don't recall the dress code.

stella27
06-01-2009, 12:17 PM
LOL. I will have a 23 month old when we try to go to CG and I am having the same concerns as you! They will not be out of place, but they may keep you from really enjoying a nice meal in a lovely spot. With 2 at that age, I might consider getting a sitter and taking your 8 year old out for a grown-up dinner with mom and dad.;)

CarolinaMomOf3boys
06-01-2009, 12:18 PM
go and have a great time :thumbsup2

disneynuts777
06-01-2009, 12:54 PM
We have been taking our DD's to CG since they were young. They are now both teens. I will say that I enjoy my meal ALOT more now than then. We used to use the experience as a lesson in manners and patience. Now it is just a lovely dining experience.
If you feel that your twins can make it 90min + being reasonably behaved then I would go for it. If not get a sitter and enjoy the evening out yourselves!

Pakey
06-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I've seen well behaved children at CG in my many visits there. We did not take my 4 year old grandson to any of these types of places when we went this year because 1) he could not sit still for 90-120 minutes and 2) he would not have enjoyed the experience.

The dress code for signatures is business casual which means no torn clothing, no bathing suits, no tanktops or hats on men. Everything else is pretty much okay.

Magic2000
06-01-2009, 01:40 PM
We've taken our DD to California Grill before, and haven't had a problem. As long as the kids are reasonably behaved, go and have a great time. No one should have a problem as long as the kids aren't screaming or running around. (We had dinner at Jiko once where the kids next to our table were either running around - one actually ran into the extra chair at our table and almost knocked over my tea, or they were sitting at their table kicking and screaming. Imagine our delight when they decided to order dessert, which prolonged the agony for us. These kids were older, about 5 and 7)

You shouldn't feel out of place at all - there will be other kids there! The dress code isn't too formal - I wore capris and a nice shirt, DH had khakis and a nice shirt, DD had a sun dress. Have a great dinner!!!

We will be eating there next week!!!! (That sounds so good to say "Next Week"!!!)

tnd
06-01-2009, 02:04 PM
We took my son there in January, he was about 3.5 then and he did great. He loved the fireworks, and enjoyed the food. The waiter even brought him a dish of goldfish while we were eating our bread and apps. I will say that my son is incredibly well-behaved in restaurants and rarely fusses. The fireworks were also a great mid-meal distraction for him.

cdrn1
06-01-2009, 02:26 PM
I have eaten there twice and have seen lots of kids there (some well-behaved and some not so much). They would not be out of place. That being said, I personally would not take my 2.5 yr old grandson there, as he gets bored and squirmy, whiney, etc. after a while and even if it was not noticeable to those around us, it would detract from my experience. At CG the experience is for Gramma, not him!! :rotfl: There are plenty of other places where it's all about him.
On my last trip I forgot to take my "nice restaurant" outfit and almost canceled because all I had were shorts and jeans but ended up going anyway in nice shorts and a dressy shirt and was not at all out of place. There were jeans, shorts, tennis shoes, flip-flops, shorts. Not business-casual as I know it but everyone seemed at ease.