PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier?

OrangeCat04
06-01-2009, 12:04 PM
While Planning my recent trip to WDW for May, my family SOOO wanted to get a reservation for Le Cellier because its all you ever hear about.. its so good.. so hard to get reservations.. etc. So we were totally psyched when we got dinner reservations for one night of our stay. I was so dissapointed with Le Cellier, and its not because i had too high expectations either, i know that one you think something is going to be SO good it never measures up. I found the restaurant to be dirty. The bathrooms both had no toilet paper and the floor was flooded with water. When we got wine, my moms glass has crusted food all over it (totally gross). Our server however was AWESOME! She was funny, nice and very attentive. I ordered the Filet, my sister ordered the potato gnocchi, and my mom ordered the chicken. I couldn't believe how SALTY the food was. It was insane. i literally had to stop eating because it was so salty and gross. I tried both other dishes and they were the same. I don't think they were just having an off night, and i dont get why this place gets hyped up the way it does..

VegasMike21
06-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear abour your bad experience but if the food was really that bad you should of made note to your waitress, same goes for the crusted food on the wine glass.

RMulieri
06-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I too have found Le Cellier to be merely so so.. But hey different strokes for different folks

OrangeCat04
06-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah we told her about the wine glass and she apologized (wasn't her fault either) and brought us a new one, and i would have felt bad sending all of our dishes back. Its ok, our waitress was nice, we enjoyed talking to her and just plan on not ever eating at Le Cellier again.. haha..

The 'Mickster'
06-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm 5 for 5 in having a wonderful meal and fabulous service at Le Cellier. I think some people here grew up with a silver spoon or they just like complaining.

VegasMike21
06-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Yeah we told her about the wine glass and she apologized (wasn't her fault either) and brought us a new one, and i would have felt bad sending all of our dishes back. Its ok, our waitress was nice, we enjoyed talking to her and just plan on not ever eating at Le Cellier again.. haha..

that's good your brought it to her attention about the glass at least. and i know you would feel bad sending food back but you have to look at how much your paying for your meal and deserve a good quality meal. i know prices are very expensive and the food should be to your liking. but in future make note to your waiter/waitress about salt. disney is very, very good about making alterations to suit your needs.

VegasMike21
06-01-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm 5 for 5 in having a wonderful meal and fabulous service at Le Cellier. I think some people here grew up with a silver spoon or they just like complaining.

you gotta take into consideration that everyone has different taste buds. you may not like something that someone else likes and vice versa.

RMulieri
06-01-2009, 12:42 PM

NO its called having an opinion....We are all ENTITLED to them. It is a discussion forum...not everyone has the same likes.You may want to stop being so judgemental.

OrangeCat04
06-01-2009, 01:22 PM

Neither here, i do not like complaining, but when i am paying 37$ for an entree.. i want it to be good not cheap food loaded with salt to try to pass it off as better than it is.

n2mm
06-01-2009, 02:10 PM
OP, I agree. The food is just OK. We eat here often (about 8-10 times a year). I also find the food too salty (maybe because I don't eat much salt, I dunno). I find the service to be good most of the time. However, we ate lunch at LeCellier about 2 weeks ago and the service was so slow. It took TWO HOURS to have lunch and that is with no appetizers. The 2yo fell asleep before her food even arrived and the 4yo resorted to coloring on the paper napkins to keep busy. While it was not our server, it just took an incredible amount of time for the food to come out of the kitchen. I'll still go back because we do eat lunch here alot. I do enjoy the soup and bread the best. BTW--no silver spoon here, I'm more of a stainless spoon person! :thumbsup2

MickeyNicki
06-01-2009, 02:22 PM
We ate there in early March and both of us had the mushroom filet...and I thought it was just way too salty as well

B-Ride
06-01-2009, 05:07 PM
We ate there in early March and both of us had the mushroom filet...and I thought it was just way too salty as well

We love Le Cellier and eat there every trip and I always order the mushroom filet. Still, I must be honest and admit the last time the risotto was over salted. Not enough to get me to stop ordering it though.:lmao:

As for other complaints about cleanliness etc., those should be reported to the manager and dealt with. We have never had a problem but that certainly doesn't mean it can't happen.