PDA

View Full Version : mickey's BBQ

brad3640
06-01-2009, 10:34 AM
I have a question about the Mickey's Backyard BBQ. First of let me start off by saying were were thinking about doing the MNSSHP and while it's still an option that's a lot of extra money for our family of 4. So we were trying to think of something else fun that the kids would enjoy. They will be 4 and 7. The BBQ was something we are thinking about but really don't know anything about it. Also isn't there something else at the Polynesian resort similiar to the BBQ. And last question i know there use to the 180 +10 now they have changed it to 90 is it still 90+10 or just 90. Thanks in advance!

mischief32
06-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Yes, you now book everything 90 + 10. We did Mickey's barbeque on 5/14. We had the best time besides the fact that is was poring down rain. They have it in a Pavilion so it does go on with rain unless there is a hurricane. Now keep in mind that the character do not do around to the tables. Mickey and Minnie are on the dance floor. Goofy, and Chip and Dale did work the crowds before the event offically started. We got there early and they started the buffet early since it was raining. The food was great. Now keep in mind this is a barbeque so there were hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken and ribs. They also had corn bread(wonderful), cole slaw, potato salad and regular salad. My husband loved this so much we plan to go again next year. The Polu has a Luau that i think we will try next year. So people have said negative things about it but they also said they same about the barbeque. I have found since we went that so people are just pickey or have an over inflated idea of how Disney should do things. I highly recommend the barbeque.

brad3640
06-01-2009, 02:45 PM
this might be a crazy question but what does the +10 mean.
Thanks

brad3640
06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
thanks for the response. I think we will give it a try i think my boys will really enjoy it as well as me and my husband. We aren't fancy eaters so a BBQ is fine with us. Does Chip N Dale and goofy stay the whole time and are the kids able to dance with them or is it interactive at all.
Thanks

Stellapedia
06-01-2009, 03:12 PM
this might be a crazy question but what does the +10 mean.
Thanks

You call 90 days before your check in date, and you can book check in plus ten days forward. So if you have less than a ten day stay, you can book your entire stay at 90 days from check in.