PDA

View Full Version : Question about TiW and AP discount

irunnoft
06-01-2009, 08:31 AM
I know an AP can get a 10% discount at lunch at various restaurants in EPCOT (Le Cellier, for instance). However, can a person get this discount and also use a TiW card to get an additional 20% off? I'm guessing that you can use only one or the other. So, my guess would be "No" but I thought I'd ask. TIA.

tiggr33
06-01-2009, 09:05 AM
As far as I know, no you cannot stack discounts. And with TIW an 18% gratuity is automatically included at TS and buffets. So TIW may not be the better of a discount depending on the situation (not starting a tipping debate, just stating the gratuity is included). It really varies on each location and your personal preference as to which discount it better.

mef78
06-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Agreed. Stacking discounts is a no no.

However, the 18% gratuity can be contested if you believe the service you recieved wasn't worth the added cost. If you speak to a manager, the gratuity will be removed (in my limited experience).

irunnoft
06-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks. That's what I thought with regards to stacking discounts.

Cheshire Figment
06-01-2009, 10:02 AM
The only way stacking will work is if you have at least one person who is on DDP and at least one person who is not on DDP but has TIW.

I will do this often when with visiting friends or relatives. They will put their meals on DDP but I will have a separate check for those not on DDP, as well as any alcoholic beverages, appetizers, or other items not allowed on DDP ordered by the people on DDP. That way they get a discount on the items and we can settle up afterwards for the discounted items.