PDA

View Full Version : Where would you eat Thanksgiving Dinner?

tink519
05-31-2009, 09:32 PM
I am still trying to figure out where I want to eat Thanksgiving Dinner. We are going with DH's whole family, 18 people.....Thanksgiving Day is our last full day at the World. We will be there for 6 full days so where ever we pick we will have visited already.

First I thought Prime Time, but now Osborne Lights won't be on Thanksgiving night so that's out, unless we hop over to another park after dinner, but not sure if we are going to have park hoppers.

Then I was thinking LTT, but unsure of the crowd levels at MK....and eating at MK means no wine with Thanksgiving dinner. Which isn't a must, but it would be nice :thumbsup2

Finally, considering somewhere at Epcot so we can also see Illuminations for our last night.

So where would you eat? I am open to all suggestions.

Magic2000
05-31-2009, 10:07 PM
DD & I are planning a trip for Thanksgiving! We're thinking about a massage at the GF after a late breakfast, then relaxing at the resort and dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse! Its one of DD's fave places to eat - we both LOVE the creme brulee there!!!

JEAhrtWDW
05-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Last Thanksgiving we had our "TG dinner" the day before at LTT so that on T-Giving day we could go to AK, have dinner at Boma and aviod MK.

1littlespark
05-31-2009, 10:25 PM
One year we ate at Mama Melrose's in MGM (at the time) which worked out well because we got out to see the snow already falling since the soft opening had begun for the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights (when they were more plentiful and less dancey lol) You sure there won't be a soft opening by then this year? I hadn't heard anything about it, but I haven't looked, either.

One year we went to a Thanksgiving Buffet with a bunch of characters at the Swan/Dolphin. Unfortunately they seemed to have discontinued that dinner.

Generally it's just us for Thanksgiving (we avoid family) so I'll have to try and remember to get a jump on a plan this year once we can reserve.

tink519
06-02-2009, 09:37 AM
I would love if we found out there would be a soft opening for the Osborne lights, but I haven't been able to find out any info about it. It didn't start until after Thanksgiving last year either, but haven't been able to find any posts that say whether they were on or not.

I like the idea of a Thanksgiving dinner ahead of time at LTT....maybe that's a possibility. Not sure if the group will go for that one.

FOURCRUZAN
06-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Three years okay we did the BOMA for Thanksgiving Dinner. It was good. They had the traditional Thanksgiving offerings with many others to add a little flair! If you don't have the BOMA on your list for ADRs I would highly recommend it. It is a beautiful resort and the food is good. The Zebra Domes (I think I have the name right) are to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug7856
07-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I would love if we found out there would be a soft opening for the Osborne lights, but I haven't been able to find out any info about it. It didn't start until after Thanksgiving last year either, but haven't been able to find any posts that say whether they were on or not.

I like the idea of a Thanksgiving dinner ahead of time at LTT....maybe that's a possibility. Not sure if the group will go for that one.

In 2008 the Osborne Lights were dark on Thanksgiving evening -- no soft opening.

We've ruled out any of the DHS restaurants for Thanksgiving for this reason.

kungaloosh
07-12-2009, 07:51 PM
We will be arriving at WDW on Thanksgiving day at 10:30 AM. Our original plan was to try to get HDDR dinner show for that evening and spend the day at MK first. Then I thought about how tired the 5 year old will be after getting up at 4:30 AM to go to the airport and that we'll probably be very hungry around lunch time since we'll be up so early. So our new plan is to check in then have an early lunch/dinner at T-Rex which I've already been able to get the reservation for since you can call them directly 180 days in advance. The 5 year old loves dinosaurs so we thought it would be cool to be able to say later "remember that time we had Thanksgiving dinner with the Dinosaurs"? Instead of MK we are going to head to AK after lunch and then have an early night. We are staying for 9 nights so we have plenty of time to take things at a slower pace.

Cathy