View Full Version : Getting Worried....
05-31-2009, 06:05 PM
I am starting to plan our dining reservations and am getting more than a little nervous. Is it that common for people to call at 7am on day 90 and get denied thier restaurant of choice?
We are going Nov. 8th... I've been told thats a slower time (just before the crowds come for Thanksgiving).
Heres what I've thought out so far.... (we are staying at Poly)
Sun (arrival) - Chef Mickeys dinner
Mon (MK) - Crystal Palace lunch
Wed (rest day) - Ohanas Breakfast
Wed (rest day) - Ohanas dinner
Thur (Epcot) - Coral Reef lunch
Friday (rest day) -1900 Park Fare breakfast
Friday (rest day) - Poly Luau dinnershow
Has anyone else gone in Nov (before Thanksgiving) and had big problems?
Based on the restaurants above... any thoughts if I will have any problems?
Thanks for the help... My DH and I are planning this as a suprise trip for my parents and daughters (ages 3 and 6).
05-31-2009, 06:46 PM
hey just phoned on saturday and did not phone on the exact 90 days i think i was a couple of days late, i had been really worried because our trip is late august early september right in the middle of free dining so i was expecting not to get any of my choices but i got them all exactly within the time slot i wanted so i trult think that you will be ok just try to be abit flexible if at all possible as for the yachstman steakhouse we couldn't get an 8.00.pm seating but could get an 7.55 seating! i will keep my fingers crossed for you
05-31-2009, 07:39 PM
I think for the restaurants you have listed you should be fine. Especially if you can be a little flexible with times. But I wouldn't be too worried!:goodvibes
05-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Don't worry too much about it, it's only food!
But . . .
I called today at 7:00 am at my 90 day and I could not get Le Cellier (and I asked for lunch or dinner on 3 possible days), Chef Mickey's (flexible with time and day, only had one option of 8:40, didn't take), or Mama Melrose. That one really suprised me. We have a party of 6 (4 adults, 2 kids) and several restaurants would only take us if we split our party (Chefs la France, 50's PTC), which I wasn't willing to do. Even then, in the grand scheme of Disney, a party of 6 is not that large!
So I was frustrated, but we'll still have a great time with great food, but until this time, I haven't had any issues with ADR's, and I've made them for the past 4 years.
My experience has been that I have more trouble with times than not getting my restaurant of choice. Just be willing to be flexible on times and hopefully you won't have any problems. The only ones I have ever had trouble getting the days I wanted were Cinderella's Royal Table and the Fantasmic dining package. Even then, I got them, but on completely different days than I planned. Looking at your daughters' ages, I would think a Princess meal might be a lot of fun. Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle can be hard to get so if you want that ask for it first when you call. If you can't get CRT, my DD really liked Akershus at Epcot too.
05-31-2009, 08:37 PM
The restaurants you have selected shouldn't be too hard to get but...
...your trip coincides with Jersey week. Crowds will be a bit heavier then, but not crazy.
05-31-2009, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't worry. We are going late June/early July. I did call 90 days out but waited until afternoon because I refuse to wait on hold like it seems many people have to do in the morning. Sorry I have to get the kids to school and go to work, I can't wait on hold for an hour in the morning, but I digress. Calling in the afternoon, I got everything wanted. Then about a month later I started rethinking things. I called to change one ADR and was able to change things exactly as I wanted. I think as long as you aren't trying for LeCellier you are OK.
06-01-2009, 06:08 AM
My only concern would be Chef Mickey's on your first day. With the 90+10 rule you will be competing with people arriving up to 10 days before you and Chef Mickey is a popular choice.
Book Chef Mickey first when you call and be prepared to try for it later in the week if your first choice is not available.
06-01-2009, 08:21 AM
It can be difficult, especially if there happens to be a free dining plan and you're offsite. For example, I was unable to book O'hana for an upcoming trip because I'm not a resort guest (unable to take advantage of 90+10) and free dining is in effect.
I think you're just catching the very end of Jersey week (I believe NJ kids are off November 5 and 6), so that shouldn't bother you much. Unless they do a free dining plan, you shouldn't have much trouble.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.