PDA

View Full Version : Maya Grill or Pepper Market

Tinker_Belle
05-31-2009, 06:47 PM
I just made ADR's for Maya Grill at CSR on the night we arrive. I'm expecting us to be exhausted from the drive, so we probably won't feel like going too far for dinner, and we're staying at CSR. I haven't read the best reviews of Maya Grill -- are we better off eating CS at Pepper Market that night and saving our TS credit for lunch on another day (like at ESPN Club or Big River Grille - where they don't take reservations)?

TIA for any thoughts! :goodvibes

Lucy Ariel Fan
05-31-2009, 07:01 PM
this is our first stay at CSR and we are driving all night. I figured the PM for our first night and just relaxing at the pool. Maya has gotten alot of weak reviews from what I can tell.

IckyMickey
05-31-2009, 08:01 PM
We stayed at CSR in November but didn't eat at the Maya. I've been debating about eating there after our day at Discovery Cove this coming November. I haven't read any reviews for the Maya and their menu looks "interesting."

What I most likely will do is make a ressie for The Maya and once we get back if we're not up for it, then cancel it and eat at PM. Pepper Market has a great rib eye for dinner along with other delicious selections.

If you've been traveling all day, you might just want to take your food and sit outside by the lake or eat by the pool.

Have a great trip!:)

KatMark
05-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Believe it or not, we've stayed at CSR seven times and we've only done breakfast at Maya Grill. There has been a mixed bag of reviews for dinner. Some people love it, some people hate it. All say that service is slow, but some enjoyed having a relaxing meal.

ROEDISNEY
05-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Maya Grill is very good for dinner. We loved it. I just sent my parents there and they loved it to. Great food & service.

Carmell226
05-31-2009, 08:45 PM
We were just there in April and ate at Maya Grill twice. The first time it was AWESOME! We were so impressed and we were shocked we had not tried it sooner. The food was perfect and the service was great.
The second night was only so-so, we didn't have great service and the food was not cooked quiet as perfectly. It was still good, just not great.
It is really expensive so you get a good "bang for your buck" there. DH had the mixed grill that was $40+ and that is great for the dining plan.
I would definitly try it, we did not have reservations either night and we were there in the busiest time EVER (will never do that again:headache:). We walked in both nights.
I love Pepper Market and I think it is also a good deal on the dining plan, so you really can't go wrong. Enjoy!!!!!!!! :banana:

Jasmin1
05-31-2009, 09:25 PM
We were just there in April and ate at Maya Grill twice. The first time it was AWESOME! We were so impressed and we were shocked we had not tried it sooner. The food was perfect and the service was great.
The second night was only so-so, we didn't have great service and the food was not cooked quiet as perfectly. It was still good, just not great.
It is really expensive so you get a good "bang for your buck" there. DH had the mixed grill that was $40+ and that is great for the dining plan.
I would definitly try it, we did not have reservations either night and we were there in the busiest time EVER (will never do that again:headache:). We walked in both nights.
I love Pepper Market and I think it is also a good deal on the dining plan, so you really can't go wrong. Enjoy!!!!!!!! :banana:

We had the same experience. We went twice last year in Aug. and the first time it was really good. The second it was just okay. I love the fried cheescake they have on the dessert menu. It's really good. Also like the other person stated it's expensive, so it's nice if your on the DDP.

suz_cute
05-31-2009, 10:56 PM
I have eaten at Maya Grill a few times, and have never been disappointed with the food. I wish I could say the same about Pepper Market. Some of the food there is great, others not so good! Also, many people complain about the prices at Pepper Market, but I do believe you are doing the dining plan, so that should be less of an issue for you. Either way, whatever you choose, have a great vacation!!

steelmans DW
06-01-2009, 08:42 AM
We eat at Pepper Market every time we go to WDW, and while it's good and we enjoy it (and it's a great use of a CS credit), Maya Grill was excellent the last time we ate there. In fact, we'll be dining there again in 6 weeks. We have also eaten at Big River Grille and ESPN Club. The food at BRG is ok (not as good as Maya Grill imo), and we would never use a TS credit at ESPN Club(did that once, never again)

scotas
06-01-2009, 09:40 AM
We tried Maya at the suggestion of a CM at POP last year. We ended up with an evening free from our group and no ADR during free dining. Went to the front desk, and she asked if we had ever tried it, since it was her favorite. So we made 7 pm ADR. We arrived there a little early so we had drinks at Laguna first. The entire night was just so perfect, from the service to the food, that we stopped by registration on the way out for more info about the resort. Next morning we booked bounceback for CSR.

MickeyNicki
06-01-2009, 11:53 AM
We had dinner at Pepper Market in Oct and it was good, we each had something from the Mexican stand but I wish I ordered something from the Asian stand, it looked awesome!

Tinker_Belle
06-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Thank you so much everyone! :goodvibes

pavil
06-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Maya Grill is a quality TS credit IMO, it would be a good first night meal. Peppers while good, didn't really wow me like it does others here. Great variety and good food, but it wasn't something I would go out of my way for to eat at. I think of it like a very nice Mall's food court. If you just want a quick meal that night, Peppers will work, if you want a nice dinner, I would stick with Maya Grill as long as there isn't a convention mobbing it.

pavil
06-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Also, many people complain about the prices at Pepper Market, but I do believe you are doing the dining plan, so that should be less of an issue for you.

Yeah, I was kind shocked by the prices, for a basic counter service you could easily have a bill of over $15 a person if you didn't watch it, with a tip on top of that! To me, it would not have been a good value if not for the dining plan.

courtneylauren
06-03-2009, 09:18 PM
maya grill is okay, but nothing special

caroline1851
06-03-2009, 09:46 PM
I loved the Maya Grill when we ate there! Service was great, food was fantastic!

FireDancer
06-04-2009, 03:19 PM
I would say go with the Pepper Market. The Maya grill is not very good but each time I have eaten at PM I have left satisfied. The ordering process is a little strange if you aren't used to it but there are plenty of food choices for everyone.

I would describe the Maya Grill is an epic fail food wise, leave it to the conventioneers who don't mind paying out the nose for chain restaurant food.

Tinker_Belle
06-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I would say go with the Pepper Market. The Maya grill is not very good but each time I have eaten at PM I have left satisfied. The ordering process is a little strange if you aren't used to it but there are plenty of food choices for everyone.

I would describe the Maya Grill is an epic fail food wise, leave it to the conventioneers who don't mind paying out the nose for chain restaurant food.

Thanks. I think you just about made up my mind. :)

Micca
06-04-2009, 08:17 PM
We've eaten at Maya a few times--breakfast was better than dinner for us.

For rolling-in after a long drive I'd think PM might be easier. It's a food court, people don't have to agree on a type of food, everyone gets what they want.
It's nothing "magical" but it'd be ok after a long drive when what you really want to do is chill out in the room and get ready for a big WDW day.:earsboy:

kathiewe
06-04-2009, 08:36 PM
We love Maya Grill -- relaxing atmosphere and good food. We especially like the breakfast buffet -- YUMMY! We also like the Pepper Market. I would say keep your ADR and see what you feel like that evening. You can always choose to change when you get there.