PDA

View Full Version : What to order/Must haves?!!

magickingdom
05-31-2009, 04:15 PM
We will soon be dining at the following places:
Kona Cafe
Tony's
Pizza Planet
Cape May Cafe (buffet, I know, but what's good?)
Seasons (at Epcot)
San Angel Inn
Pop/GF Food Court

I have checked out the menus and even ate at a couple of these places b4. I am a girl that sticks with the same old, same old. This time I would like to try something new, and for the places I have not been...I want to be confident in my choice!!!! I would love for you to tell me what you MUST HAVE when dining at these places (or whats good:)) and pics if you have!??:flower3:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...I love preparing for my trip and looking forward to what to come (including food :yay:)!!!!!

On a seperate note...We are on the disney dining plan. We did this b4 but I know it has changed! I think the only thing that changed is there is no appetizers??! SO...an entree, side, and dessert. Is that right? It's been awhile :rotfl:

JeffGoldblum
05-31-2009, 04:21 PM
At Kona, you gotta get the Island Chicken Sandwich. Oh man it's good. Here's the description of it. Grilled chicken breast with bacon, Swiss cheese, curry mango mayonnaise, fried onions on a Kaiser served with Asian Vegetable Slaw or Sweet Potato Chips

VegasMike21
05-31-2009, 04:44 PM
If your going to Kona Cafe for breakfast their Tonga Toast is a MUST HAVE!

San Angel I liked their dish called Pollo A Las Rajas, it's basically chicken over peppers and onions and smothered in sauce with cheese...it's really good.

magickingdom
05-31-2009, 08:43 PM
*bump*

any other favs?? :idea:

NOLA_Tink
05-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Sunshine Seaons- You must try the strawberry shortcake from their bakery. (It can be a dessert w/ for your CS on the DDP.) I also really like their goat cheese salad.

Pizza Planet isn't bad, but I prefer the pizza at Hollywood Studio's Catalina Eddie's. Cataline Eddie's also serves an awesome caesar as the "side item" with your pizza.

wdwishes1990
05-31-2009, 09:02 PM
I know opinion of the restaurant was not exactly the question, but we just returned and had dinner at Kona -- it was awful. The worst service and food we have had at a sit down meal in the world. We were very disappointed because we had heard it was so great. My sisters steak was very thin, burned and like gristle. My scallops were burned, dry and rubbery. When we mentioned it to the server she said she would tell "them" and she never returned. We finally had to ask for the manager. :(

disneygirlinnj
05-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Kona... I LOVE LOVED LOVED the duck dumplings, the teryiaki sirloin, and the banana creme brulee... mmmmm one of my best meals ever at Disney!

wdwishes1990
05-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Kona... I LOVE LOVED LOVED the duck dumplings, the teryiaki sirloin, and the banana creme brulee... mmmmm one of my best meals ever at Disney!

My sister ordered the teryiaki sirloin - so either they have gone down hill recently or we had an exceptionally bad night. I've never experienced the service and food quality this poor at Disney.

wdwishes1990
05-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Seasons has a great salmon

Pop has a good chicken and broc and the marble cheesecake yum.

ktlm
05-31-2009, 09:53 PM
DH, MIL and I all love the Mole Poblano at the San Angel Inn. DH, DD, my Mom and I all love the Tortilla soup there too.

Dizneydaz
05-31-2009, 10:12 PM
Here's a few pix from a couple that we have eaten at

Kona

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/Stickywings_062.jpg
Sticky wings (appetizer, can be gotten as a meal)

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/lavacake_3406.jpg
Lava cake

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/shelleyscheesecake_3403.jpg
White Chocolate Cheesecake

Sunshine Season

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/9-10EpcotSStunasalad_062.jpg
Rare Tuna Salad-very good if you like rare tuna!

I have more pictures but they are on a different computer.

magickingdom
06-01-2009, 08:51 AM
YUM...thanks for all the suggestions and PICS!!!!

MickeyNicki
06-01-2009, 10:47 AM
I can eat my weight in ribs and roasted chicken from Cape May, and if you go on a Thur/Fri night they have the best fried talapia with house made tartar sauce...ooh I wish I could eat some right now!

disnut1149
06-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi
The Cape May Buffet has the most delicious mashed potatoes and my very favorite is the oreo bon bon dessert!! If you like chocolate, you'll probably love it.

magickingdom
06-01-2009, 10:00 PM
I am very excited for Cape May Cafe. DH and I were married in WDW and our reception was at boardwalk. Some of the food from our wedding is from the Cape May Cafe buffet (chicken, potatoes...)!!! I remember having a biscuit with honey butter, it was soooooo good! Is there anything at Cape May like that?

DH loves oreo bon bons (my mom makes something like this at Christmas) yeah! :cheer2:

natsiswdw
06-01-2009, 10:16 PM
I love the Macadamia Nut Crusted Breast of Chicken at Wolfgang Puck Express West Side!!!!! It is so good and you can use just a CS for this wonderful meal that they serve in the resturant. The only difference is you get your own drinks :)